Print Page | Close Window

DISCUSSION of 2002 RAZZIE® Nominees & "Winners"

Printed From: Official RAZZIE® Forum
Category: RAZZIE® Basics
Forum Name: Entire RAZZIE® History, Year-by-Year: 1980-2013
Forum Discription: Every Golden Raspberry Nominee & Every Winner...EVER!
URL: http://www.razzies.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=352
Printed Date: September 21 2014 at 1:17am

Topic: DISCUSSION of 2002 RAZZIE® Nominees & "Winners"
Posted By: HeadRAZZBerry
Subject: DISCUSSION of 2002 RAZZIE® Nominees & "Winners"
Date Posted: December 04 2005 at 4:32pm

FOR the COMPLETE LIST of 2002 NOMINEES & "WINNERS" for WORST ACHIEVEMENTS in FILM, http://www.razzies.com/forum/2002-razzie-nominees-and-winners_topic5535.html - TO OFFER YOUR FEEDBACK on OUR CHOICES, POST a REPLY BELOW... 

-------------
Ye Olde Head RAZZberry

Replies:
Posted By: oiram
Date Posted: June 30 2010 at 4:56am
Question. Shouldn't Pinocchio not be up there? The reason alot of people dislike it is because of the dub it got. If it anything were to replace it, it would be Master of Disguise. Also, that was obviously NOT Roberto's voice in the dub, that was Breckin Meyer. Why isn't he nominated as Worst Actor?  

RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: Even without the hideously inept dubbing of the American release version, http://www.miramax.com/pinocchioliveaction/ - ® contender in all categories -- It was visually ugly, utterly devoid of any charm or magic, and cast the 50-year-old Benigni (who had visible "five o'clock shadow" in several scenes) in the title role -- as a five-year-old boy in silk kneepants(!). 

Though the dubbing may have been the frosting on the turd, http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0255477/ - )... 

-------------
Elizabeth Hartman and Judith Barsi are more talented and beautiful than Scarlett Johansson and Chloe Grace Moretz. Fact.

Worst Supporting Actor: Brendan Fraser/Gimme Shelter and The Nut Job

Posted By: BurnHollywoodBurn
Date Posted: June 30 2010 at 10:35am
True, "Master of Disguise" really was Razzie worthy, but got away scott-free. I guess the painful dubbing of "Pinocchio" just sent Razzie voters over the edge.  

RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: Our members tend to nominate only a single film in any given genre for Worst Picture each year, and both PINOCCHIO and MASTER OF DISGUISE were arguably children's films. While MASTER was pretty indefinisble, unlike PINOCCHIO it was not the most expensive film in its native country's history, did not star a recent Oscar winner embarrassingly indulging himself, and was not the worst dubbed movie since GODZILLA VS. THE SMOG MONSTER. Having seen both films myself, I will defend our Voting Members' choice of Benigni's film over Carvey's fiasco any day...  

-------------
The Four Horsemen of the Moviepocalypse: uncalled for sequels/remakes/reboots, 3-D surcharges, untalented "celebrities", and anything with Michael Bay's name attached to it.

Date Posted: June 30 2010 at 1:17pm
Do you think it is possible for it to be dubbed in a good way? Or just do what Gibson did with his last two movies and put subtitles in it?  

RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: As stated above, while the dubbing of PINOCCHIO was horrible, it was hardly the film's sole problem...  

-------------
Elizabeth Hartman and Judith Barsi are more talented and beautiful than Scarlett Johansson and Chloe Grace Moretz. Fact.

Posted By: GTAHater767
Date Posted: June 30 2010 at 1:48pm
Subbing is much simpler than dubbing anyway. And the foreign language always sounds better.

-------------

Date Posted: June 30 2010 at 5:10pm
Yes, it is. But then that means the American audiences would have to read, and that's just so tiring to make your eyes go back and forth like that!

-------------
The Four Horsemen of the Moviepocalypse: uncalled for sequels/remakes/reboots, 3-D surcharges, untalented "celebrities", and anything with Michael Bay's name attached to it.

Date Posted: June 30 2010 at 5:48pm
...really?? I never thought subtitles were tedious. Perhaps it's because I have better eyesight than hearing. Even then, with such poorly dubbed voices so common, I'm surprised so many people think subbing's worse.

-------------

Date Posted: June 30 2010 at 6:28pm
Yeah, I don't mind subtitling either, but for some people out there, they feel if they want to read, they'll pick up a book. A book?! Who am I kidding?! They will pick up an iPad.

-------------

Date Posted: June 30 2010 at 8:10pm
Reading has always been second nature to me. I guess... Who knows what people have this problem, but for many, it takes a lot of work to read a few words. Do you know what determines that for any given American?

-------------

Date Posted: July 01 2010 at 3:25pm
On your problem with Roberto playing the title role, would you rather have a kid that's the caliber of Jake Lloyd?  

Also, I noticed that back in Italy that the was actually nominated for 6 David di Donatello Awards and won two. It was also nominated for 3 Italian National Syndicate of Film Journalists Silver Ribbon and won one. (It's true, here's the link: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0255477/awards - http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0255477/awards ) If it's really that bad, then why would the Italians do this? (And think of something other than something like "Italians have brain damage.")  

PS: Wow, I've started a discussion here.  

RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: I am curious -- You seem to be defending Benigni's PINOCCHIO without actually having seen it. Have you seen the film?  If not, may I suggest you get a DVD of it from NetFlix or BlockBuster, subject yourself to the entire film (perhaps having a friend lock you in a room with the DVD would help you get thru the experience) and then see if you wanna continue this thread...   

-------------

Posted By: saturnwatcher
Date Posted: July 01 2010 at 4:06pm
I wouldn't toss out the "brain damage" thing too quickly. This is a country that sided with Hitler, and has had more than 60 governments since WWII. Picking Mussini as your country's leader wasn't exactly an inspired idea, but I back off from that after we had 8 years of a retarded chimp beginning in 2001.
Some other possibilities:
1. Italian cinema sucks in general
2. Italian cinema had a REALLY bad year in 2002
3. some combination of 1 and 2.
4. after some of the earlier success enjoyed by Roberto Benigni, some of the lords of Italian cinema decided his poo no longer smelled.
5. okay, they are brain damaged.

-------------
Nine times out of ten, in art as in life, there is no truth to be discovered, only an error to be exposed.--H.L. Menken

Date Posted: July 01 2010 at 5:23pm
I might be brain-damaged then, because my father's Italian. Everything I've seen and done, however, suggests my weakness lies in my muscles. I can sit here all night coming up with outlandish explanations for why Pinocchio won those awards, but personally, I doubt we'll find out anytime soon. For insight, I ask: what categories did it win?

Update: out of those 5 suggestions, the "Benigni is always right" argument sounds the best. That's what Life Is Beautiful (1998) suggests, because after the acclaim for Life is Beautiful, they probably thought him infallible.

-------------

Date Posted: July 01 2010 at 5:36pm
"Italian cinema sucks in general" ... and yet, they hold the record for the most Best Foreign Language Oscars -- go figure!  

RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: As a longtime fan of http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000019/awards -

-------------

Date Posted: July 02 2010 at 6:24am
Believe it or not, the dubbed version is on YouTube, and even the guy who uploaded believes that it's the dub that brought it down. I also read other peoples comments on the video saying that the English dub isn't even translating the words from the original language. I attempted to watch it, then at one point, a vvideo some how skipped a few minutes and I didn't want to miss a part. I'll probably watch the Italian version with English subtitles.

By the way, you still haven't answered my question on would you rather have a child actor that's the caliber of Jake Lloyd playing the lead?    

RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: Since Benigni had complete control over this version of the story, and clearly had no intention of ever casting anyone but himself in the title role, your question is arguably irrelevant. But at least a child actor -- even one as talent-free as Lloyd -- would not force the audience to ignore his obvious physical inappropriateness for the role throughout the film, as Roberto's casting of himself did. So I guess my answer would be a hesitant "yes."

-------------

Posted By: saturnwatcher
Date Posted: July 02 2010 at 2:03pm

Okay...the "Italian cinema sucks in general" remark was made tongue-in-cheek...as was most of the post. I have tremendous respect for Italy, it's marvelous contributions to art, science and many other fields of endeavor. BUT...Benigni's version of Pinocchio blew.

-------------
Nine times out of ten, in art as in life, there is no truth to be discovered, only an error to be exposed.--H.L. Menken

Date Posted: July 02 2010 at 2:19pm
Okay, that's more reasonable. For I moment, I thought saturnwatcher had become the "Italian cinema" (and Italy in genernal) counterpart to my rants against Hollywood. 

Originally posted by saturnwatcher

Okay...the "Italian cinema sucks in general" remark was made tongue-in-cheek...as was most of the post. I have tremendous respect for Italy, it's marvelous contributions to art, science and many other fields of endeavor. BUT...Benigni's version of Pinocchio blew.

-------------

Posted By: Vits
Date Posted: July 07 2010 at 1:11pm

The ones that should've won are Adam Sandler and Tom Green. The ones that shouldn't even have been nominated are JACKASS, and the songs.

-------------
You can follow me http://www.twitter.com/@Vits_Chile - @Vits_Chile

Date Posted: August 05 2010 at 2:18pm
I just saw LIFE,OR SOMETHING LIKE IT and gave it 30%. "Worst Actress" should've been the last category you would think of during the balloting. Angelina saves the movie(critics think that too). I didn't know she could be funny!  

-------------

Date Posted: September 20 2010 at 1:23pm
I just saw SWEPT AWAY. Do you really think it's one of the worst movies of the 2000's?  

It has it's moments, and the ending is powerful. But as a critic's rule, I take everything that was in the original one. This one is only left with nothing good. I won't use that rule on the premise. It doesn't matter that it's a direct remake. The premise is still a rip-off from other romantic fiction works.  

I do agree with "Worst Picture", but only for that year. Also "Screen Couple," because the actors don't look good together and the characters shouldn't be together. The way they present this, it's not "Two people that hate each other for being different in political and social aspects end up away from society and it's judgements and fall in love." More like "Two people that hate each other for their personalities end up away from society and fall in love because they kinda have to, or they'll die alone". The way they switch from hating each other to being in love has got to be the fastest and dumbest way I've seen in a long time. 

I also agree with "Worst Director." The movie is a visual torture, from Guy Ritchie's trademark fast editing to the eye-hurting abuse of lighting. At least in BLINDNESS it served a purpose. 

I disagree with "Worst Actress." Madonna failed to show real emotions, but not acting well isn't necessarilly bad acting. She actually did a good job of being annoying as hell, which her character required to be.

I give it 3/10.

-------------

Date Posted: September 20 2010 at 7:26pm
Yeah, I know, Madonna can't act, and the whole movie was just a showcase for her lack of talent. 

But I think Worst Picture should have gone to one of the other movies. "Pluto Nash" was a box office bomb that made less than 1/4 its budget back. "Crossroads" was just an excuse to get Britney Spears in a movie, and thankfully, no one has tried to get her in another one ever since. And "Star Wars Ep. 2" ... the future Darth Vader is a whining, emo brat that needed to be bitch slapped, need I say more. 

So yeah, "Swept Away" was not the worst movie of 2002, in my opinion.

-------------

Date Posted: September 21 2010 at 12:57pm
1)Are you saying that a movie's quality should be based on how it performed at the box office? 

2)I'm tired of people messing with CROSSROADS.It wasn't good,and I hate star vehicles.But some parts were surprisingly good. Actually it's when bad things happen,since you don't expect that from that style of movie. As for Britney,she has made very good appearances in sitcoms(I know it's not the same). 

3)What Hayden Christensen did that ruined the character of Darth Vader was all in http://www.razzies.com/forum/star-wars-episode-iii-the-sith-hitz-the-fanz_forum12.html - EPISODE III . EPISODE II was passable.  

-------------

Date Posted: September 21 2010 at 3:09pm
1). No, "Pluto Nash" also sucked to high heaven, the fact it bombed was just icing on the cake. But I do recall being a box office bomb is also a quality that the Razzies look for.  

2). Well just a few good parts do not a good movie make, and the entire movie was marketed as Britney Spears' first film, which I think turned alot of people off to it.  

3). How could I make it any more clear what is wrong with Hayden Christensen as Darth Vader? Vader is supposed to be the greatest villain in the history of film, and Hayden played him like a whiny, crybaby, emo brat. At one point, I was half expecting him to lock himself in his room while listening to My Chemical Romance and writing bad poetry! This is the greatest villain in all of film history? Now, Captain Vidal from "Pan's Labyrinth", THAT is the kind of villain Darth Vader should have been before becoming a Sith lord -- but George Lucas is a hack writer, so we got stick with Darth Backstreet Boy.

-------------

Date Posted: September 21 2010 at 3:22pm
1)I know.I'm just messing with you.
2)Like I said it wasn't a good movie.It was a movie with good parts.I know people hated it just for having Britney in it,but your comment sounded like you thought that too.Did you?
3)Once again:The concensus is that he ruined DARTH VADER in  http://www.razzies.com/forum/star-wars-episode-iii-the-sith-hitz-the-fanz_forum12.html - ,not in EPISODE II.My proof is what you said:
Originally posted by BurnHollywoodBurn

At one point, I was half expecting him to lock himself in his room while listening to My Chemical Romance and writing bad poetry!
My Chemical Romance became famous in 2005,when that movie was released.

-------------

Date Posted: September 21 2010 at 7:12pm
No one really cared for Hayden in Ep. 2, either. And everyone only saw Ep. 3 to see him finally become Darth Vader. I just said My Chemical Romance because it was the first emo band that came to mind. Since I don't listen to their s***, I wouldn't know what year they became famous... 

-------------

Date Posted: September 22 2010 at 6:06am
I gave Revenge of the Sith a 51%, which is mediocre. It was okay, my father and I agreed, and we thought it was more action than dialogue. It was neither good nor bad, and I thought there were much worse movies that could've been nominated besides Revenge of the Sith, War of the Worlds [remake], and Kicking & Screaming.

Date Posted: September 22 2010 at 9:41am
I know -- Again,just messing with you...  

Originally posted by BurnHollywoodBurn

No one really cared for him in Ep. 2, either. And everyone only saw Ep. 3 to see him finally become Darth Vader. I just said My Chemical Romance because it was the first emo band that could come to my mind. Since I don't listen to their s***, I wouldn't know what year they became famous.

-------------

Posted By: whennow
Date Posted: November 22 2010 at 8:28pm
The "insurance policy" of voting for Madonna's tiny role in Die Another Day in case she lost to Spears was wrong! I liked her in that. I liked Lara Flynn Boyle. I liked Natalie Portman. I have not seen Bo Derek  or Rebecca Romihn Stamos! Supporting Actress had such a wealth of possiblities! From Scooby Doo! sarah michell geller or linda cardellini. Or what about Cameron Diaz in gangs of new york? What about Kate Hudston for The Four Feathers? Heather Graham The Guru. The hammy cast of The Divine Secrets of the YaYa Sisterhood? Dawson of Pluto Nash! There were so many!!!

Date Posted: November 23 2010 at 4:12am
Originally posted by whennow

Or what about Cameron Diaz in gangs of new york?
I don't remember much of that movie,but she was nominated for a Golden Globe.

-------------

Posted By: whennow
Date Posted: November 24 2010 at 1:13am
Originally posted by Vits

Or what about Cameron Diaz in gangs of new york?
I don't remember much of that movie,but she was nominated for a Golden Globe.

I think the response to her in GONY got worse and worse the longer the movie was out.

Date Posted: November 25 2010 at 7:07am

Supporting Actress had such a wealth of possiblities! From Scooby Doo! sarah michell geller or linda cardellini. Or what about Cameron Diaz in gangs of new york? What about Kate Hudston for The Four Feathers? Heather Graham The Guru. The hammy cast of The Divine Secrets of the YaYa Sisterhood? Dawson of Pluto Nash! There were so many!!!

Yes, all good choices, but in the end ... the Razzies really, really, REALLY HATE Madonna.

-------------

Date Posted: November 28 2010 at 7:07am
OK, I know I should've posted this ealier, but better late than never.

I officially saw Pinocchio without the dub, and I liked it. Call me stupid, call me crazy, call me what you will, but I feel that it wasn't really bad. I felt that it tried to follow the book more closely than most other adaptations, and it seemed to do what it was set out to do. I also liked that it used little CGI as possible. Most others these days throw in as much CGI as possible. I honestly wasn't "offended" by an adult playing a child, in fact, I think Benigni's face matched some of the old illustrations of Pinocchio. I will say that Pinocchio himself seemed to get a little annoying with his whole "It does not appeal" thing, but I didn't end up hating him.

So there, that's what I think, and I'll say no more.

-------------

Date Posted: November 28 2010 at 9:54am
One of the most popular latin TV shows of the past 40 years is EL CHAVO DEL 8. The characters are adults and kids, but the actors are all adults. Although I guess it's more a matter of of how they act. I've heard people didn't like Roberto, not because of his age, but because he didn't know how to play a child. 

Originally posted by oiram

I honestly wasn't "offended" by an adult playing a child, in fact, I think Benigni's face matched some of the old illustrations of Pinocchio.

-------------

Posted By: Jennifar
Date Posted: December 09 2010 at 8:57am
Update: out of those 5 suggestions, the "Benigni is always right" argument sounds the best. That's what Life Is Beautiful (1998) suggests, because after the acclaim for Life is Beautiful, they probably thought him infallible.

Date Posted: April 15 2011 at 4:53pm
After seeing MEN IN BLACK I & II a few times now I can finally compare them.You see,it was confusin.The 2nd one's jokes were funnier but lacked the wit and freshness,and it came with more action and thrills but also obvious plot holes.They both balance each other with their pros and cons,making them equally good.I give them ****.

As for Lara Flynn Boyle...although the rule is that you need a straight face to play an alien,that doesn't apply to this movies.Yeah,she deserved it.But to be fair,it was hard to fill in Vincent D'Onofrio's shoes in terms of acting and...is there a verb for "being a cool villain"?

-------------

Posted By: Michaels
Date Posted: April 15 2011 at 5:23pm

After seeing MEN IN BLACK I & II a few times now I can finally compare them.You see,it was confusin.The 2nd one's jokes were funnier but lacked the wit and freshness,and it came with more action and thrills but also obvious plot holes.They both balance each other with their pros and cons,making them equally good.I give them ****.
Sorry, but "Men In Black 1", although not a perfect movie by any means, blows "Men In Black 2" away. "MIB 2" was clearly thrown together without any thought to it and crammed with whatever popular celebrities at the time in hopes that would balance out how bad the script was. Most of the jokes weren't even funny. "MIB 2" was just a safe movie and cash-in for Will Smith and the director to do after the failure of "Wild Wild West", but in my opinion, it was just as stupid as "WWW".

-------------
"Just once I want my life to be like an 80's movie ... but, no, no. John Hughes did not direct my life." ("Easy A", 2010)

Date Posted: April 15 2011 at 6:04pm
Originally posted by Michaels

"MIB 2" was clearly thrown together without any thought to it and crammed with whatever popular celebrities at the time in hopes that would balance out how bad the script was.
You mean...Michael Jackson?What a memorable performance that was.

-------------

Posted By: jineshabraham
Date Posted: May 02 2011 at 7:43am
The recut American version is truly awful, but a good 75 percent of the awfulness is attributable to Miramax, the film's distributor.

Date Posted: May 02 2011 at 5:29pm
What movie are you talking about?

-------------

Posted By: davecampbell
Date Posted: May 13 2011 at 9:11am
Michael Jackson was in MIB 2?

-------------

Date Posted: May 13 2011 at 10:27am
Yes -- He played himself in cameo, wanting badly to join the agency. He suggests he be called AGENT M. But considering it's easy to disguise someone as him, and "he" has appeared in many movies, I'd understand if you didn't think it was really him.

-------------

Posted By: SchumacherH8ter
Date Posted: May 13 2011 at 5:24pm
There's story that Michael Jackson wanted to have Will Smith's role!

-------------
I'm the Goddamn Batman.-All-Star Batman And Robin #2
https://twitter.com/Scott_DAgostino
Upcoming reviews: http://www.razzies.com/forum/topic7513.html
Up-next: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

Posted By: Michaels
Date Posted: May 14 2011 at 4:16pm
Even with a three piece suit, sunglasses, and giant laser gun, Michael Jackson still would never have come across as badass!  

-------------
"Just once I want my life to be like an 80's movie ... but, no, no. John Hughes did not direct my life." ("Easy A", 2010)

Posted By: jacket250
Date Posted: June 02 2011 at 9:17pm
I think Worst Picture should have gone to one of the other movies. "Pluto Nash" was a box office bomb that made less than 1/4 its budget back

-------------

Date Posted: July 17 2011 at 11:47am
I just saw "XXX".

It was a generic action movie,but it wasn't that bad.It was one of the last blockbusters to use actual stunts rather than rely on CGI.They seemed a little more like the video on the background at a ski resort rather than a music video(you decide which one you prefer).

I give it 4/10.I don't mind it was nominated in that category,since it's purpose was to take money from teens with short attention span.

-------------

Date Posted: May 25 2012 at 11:17am
I just re-watched STEALING HARVARD after many years.

Tom Green deserved his nomination. He had the chance to do something out of his comfort zone, but it there were parts where he clearly re-wrote his character's personality in his head, to be more like his real-life self. He had no comedic timing! But I honestly thought Jason Lee was worse (probably because I expect more of him). He was so lazy!

I felt something was missing. Like JOHN being confronted by his sister and/or his niece at the end. They obviously find out about everything. And don't even get me started on the other bigger plot holes.

I give this 3/10.

-------------

Date Posted: June 09 2012 at 1:03pm
I've re-watchted THE MASTER OF DISGUISE after so many years.

It still made me laugh, but now that I can't look pass the obvious mistakes and the campy visuals (who thought it would be a good idea to hire Happy Madison's production designer as the director?!), this is no more than a guilty pleasure.

I admired Dana Carvey's ability to disguise, but now I realize that it doesn't automatically the impression is funny. It was... only at times. As for Bo Derek's nomination, come on. I know cameos can be bad enough to deserve a nomination, but she had one line. One line!

This features one of the worst scenes in the history of cinema: When PISTACCIO is escaping from the henchmen, he disguises a bunch of times. Then, while still disguised as "grass", he hides behind a newspaper. Why the f*ck would he do that, if he's the master of disguise?! The reason why is the worst is because it was obvious that everyone on set had turned off their brains while filming that scene.

I give it 4/10.

-------------

Date Posted: June 09 2012 at 4:51pm
Until the double-shot of Bucky Larson and Jack & Jill, Master Of Disguise was my least favorite Happy Madison movie.

-------------

Date Posted: June 10 2012 at 12:50pm
1)Wasn't it a quadruple shot (with JUST GO WITH IT and ZOOKEEPER)?
2)"Least favorite"? So you liked them?
LOL

-------------

Date Posted: June 10 2012 at 2:45pm
1.) I didn't mention Zookeeper and Just Go With It because they were better than Master Of Disguise. Both Bucky Larson and J&J were worse than Master Of Disguise.
2.) ?

-------------

Date Posted: June 10 2012 at 3:38pm
You said they were your least favorite Happy Madison movies. That implies you liked them. You should've said that they were the worst. No? OK, how about this? The movie 21 JUMP STREET is based on an '80s TV series starring Johnny Depp, back when he was still playing humans. I never saw it, I was too busy in my dad's balls. I mean I hadn't been born yet. My family is open-minded, but not that much! Anyone? Is the mic on? Did you hear the one about the priest and the rabbi using facebook? You have? Damn!

-------------

Date Posted: July 21 2012 at 3:32pm
Originally posted by HeadRAZZBerry

Worst Picture:
THE ADVENTURES of PLUTO NASH

Worst Actor:
Eddie Murphy/ADVENTURES of PLUTO NASH, I SPY and SHOWTIME

Worst Screen Couple:
Eddie Murphy & EITHER Robert deNiro (SHOWTIME) Owen Wilson (I SPY) or Himself Cloned (THE ADVENTURES OF PLUTO NASH)

Worst Director:
Ron Underwood/THE ADVENTURES of PLUTO NASH

Worst Screenplay:
THE ADVENTURES of PLUTO NASH, Written by Neil Cuthbert

Skip to 01:16.

As for Lara Flynn Boyle...although the rule is that you need a straight face to play an alien,that doesn't apply to this movies.Yeah,she deserved it.But to be fair,it was hard to fill in Vincent D'Onofrio's shoes in terms of acting and...is there a verb for "being a cool villain"?
Then skip to 04:22, because I finished the trilogy.
[TUBE]Zpllrxn3_cc[/TUBE]
Any thougths?

-------------

Date Posted: September 16 2012 at 5:28pm
I just re-watched 8 CRAZY NIGHTS.

I don't mind Jewish stereotypes, as long as they're not overused. Specially in what is supposed to be a sweet holiday movie. I admit that the story had grown on me by the end, but the toilet humour was excessive (even for a Sandler movie).

I give it a 3/10.

-------------

Date Posted: October 07 2012 at 1:17am
2002. The pronunciation "Two Double-O-Two" derives from the 00-Agent, Bill Fairbanks, Agent 002, shot dead by the assassin with the Golden Gun, Francisco Scaramanga. My take on the Year of the Golden Gun, consolidated better:

Films that should've been RAZZed, but weren't: 2
Ballistic: Ecks vs. Sever (REALLY HEAVY EMPHASIS ON THIS ONE!)
The Hot Chick

Films that got RAZZed, but shouldn't have: 4
Maid in Manhattan
Jacka**: The Movie
Life or Something Like It
Star Wars Episode II: Attack of the Clones

Films that were RAZZed to the wrong degree: 2
Half Past Dead (Not RAZZed enough)
The Master of Disguise (Not RAZZed enough)

Worst Trends/Events of 2002 (These trends and events I've been talking about are newly added to the discussion, whereas the above is just formatted better):
V. Films re-edited and remastered to be politically correct (Ex. ET: The 20th Anniversary Edition. Episode 609, Free Hat, vented on this trend, which hit a boiling point in July 2002. CSKT's mission was to save films from their directors.)
IV. Rob Schneider goes from transspecies to transvestite (In The Animal, he changed species. In The Hot Chick, he changed only his gender. It was such a stupid idea that Episode 615, The Biggest D***** in the Universe, ripped on Rob Schneider before The Hot Chick even opened! Race reassignment [Transracial] and species reassignment [Transspecies] surgeries were later conceptualized by Dr. Biber in Episode 901, Mr. Garrison's Fancy New V_____.)
III. James Bond's quadridecadial blows the 007 series sky high (Die Another Day is often considered worse than The Man With the Golden Gun, A View to a Kill, or The World is Not Enough. When the 20th film reduced the series to bad CGI explosions, they had to reboot the series in the coming years.
II. Eddie Murphy does space, spies, and special forces (The Adventures of Pluto Nash, I Spy, and Showtime, all in 1 year. These are part of the reason Murphy was nominated for Worst Actor of the Decade.)
I. Teen-targeted movies with asphyxiatory flatulence (Eight Crazy Nights, xXx, and the other 3 finalists for the special category were not an exhaustive list.)

-------------

Date Posted: November 17 2012 at 1:16pm

MOST FLATULENT TEEN-TARGETED MOVIE
JACKASS: THE MOVIE (Paramount)
Skip to 04:42.

[TUBE]9GztZ8qI2EE[/TUBE]

Any thoughts?

-------------

Date Posted: December 09 2012 at 10:49am

Worst Supporting Actress:
Rebecca Ramijn-Stamos/ROLLERBALL
Skip to 05:16 (I also comment on the original).

[TUBE]ORaQinodJy8[/TUBE]

Any thoughts?

-------------

Date Posted: March 16 2013 at 12:31pm
Does STEFAN VS KRAMER deserve to be called "The Chilean MASTER OF DISGUISE"? Skip to 05:27 to find out:

[TUBE]9084P6je3Qc[/TUBE]

Any thoughts?

-------------

Date Posted: June 02 2014 at 10:53am
I just re-watched DEATH TO SMOOCHY and gave it a 4/10. Did Robin Williams deserve a Worst Supp. Actor nomination? Maybe.

-------------

Posted By: rushmore
Date Posted: September 20 2014 at 7:53pm
Did you notice that most razzie contenders this particular year happen to have some italian heritage? Madonna, Roberto Benigni, Nicoletta Braschi and Adriano Giannini 

By the way Madonna's "win" for worst supporting actress was lame! like seriously try to hide the personal vendetta you have against her, fellas Wink

Worst original song? However it was up for two grammys AND a golden globe award 

Date Posted: September 20 2014 at 8:40pm
Because two of them were from an Italian movie and the other two from a remake of an Italian movie.
Originally posted by rushmore

Did you notice that most razzie contenders this particular year happen to have some italian heritage? Madonna, Roberto Benigni, Nicoletta Braschi and Adriano Giannini

-------------

Print Page | Close Window