Print Page | Close Window

Will It Scare the CRAP Out of You??

Printed From: Official RAZZIE® Forum
Category: FORUMS on 2009 RELEASES
Forum Name: THE HAUNTING IN CONNECTICUT
Forum Discription: O-o-o-o-h, Scary -- Evil Spirits That Can Make You Crap from Yer Mouth!
URL: http://www.razzies.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=3543
Printed Date: December 19 2014 at 9:21pm

Topic: Will It Scare the CRAP Out of You??
Posted By: HeadRAZZBerry
Subject: Will It Scare the CRAP Out of You??
Date Posted: March 25 2009 at 4:42am

WE ACTUALLY LOVE THE PROMO's for http://www.razzies.com/forum/forum_topics.asp?FID=346&PN=1 - HAUNTING IN CONNECTICUT -- LARGELY BECAUSE THAT IMAGE of the KID WITH the BROWN STUFF COMING OUT of HIS MOUTH LOOKS LIKE a LITERAL INTERPETATION of SCARING the CRAP OUT of SOMEONE...

AND SPEAKING of SCARY, HOW DO YOU EXPLAIN a ONE-TIME OSCAR® NOMINEE TOP-LINING SOMETHING THIS CRAPPY-LOOKING?? http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000515/awards - VIRGINIA MADSEN MAY ALSO BE LITERALLY TERRIFIED...THAT HER CAREER WILL NEVER RECOVER!

OKAY, ENOUGH from US. NOW IT's YOUR TURN to SPEW BROWN STUFF ALL OVER THIS FILM...

KID: "I scratched my hands raw trying to find some way out of this movie -- I don't wanna start my career this way..."

MADSEN: "You think you're embarrassed? I'm a former Oscar® nominee, and I might just end my career with his one!"

-------------
Ye Olde Head RAZZberry

Replies:
Posted By: moviewizguy
Date Posted: March 25 2009 at 8:45am
I know a good horror movie when I see one: The Uninvited, Last House on the Left, and yes, this one. As you can see, I've not defended The Unborn, soooooooo I think this will be decent, if not amazing.

Posted By: Michaels
Date Posted: March 25 2009 at 11:26am

Not that I agree with what MWG considers a "good horror movie", but I think "12 Rounds" is far more worthy of having its own spot on this forum based on the lone fact it's a rip-off of "Die Hard 3" and John Cena's other movie "The Marine". Seriously, when was the last time a WWE wrestler appeared in a good movie, let alone when one headlined a movie?

RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: Since 12 ROUNDS has been only sparsely pre-screened and, as of this posting, has a 2-to-1 Favorable Rating over at RT, we'll have to wait and see. It may yet qualify as our Bonus Worst of Weak...

-------------
"Just once I want my life to be like an 80's movie ... but, no, no. John Hughes did not direct my life." ("Easy A", 2010)

Date Posted: March 25 2009 at 12:02pm

Well, I quite liked the concept of DH3, which is why I look forward to 12 Rounds, although I'm not going to watch it in theaters. I never minded Renny Harlin as a director because he makes a lot of cheesy but very entertaining movies.

Originally posted by Michaels

Not that I agree with what MWG considers a "good horror movie", but I think "12 Rounds" is far more worthy of having its own spot on this forum based on the lone fact it's a rip-off of "Die Hard 3" and John Cena's other movie "The Marine". Seriously, when was the last time a WWE wrestler appeared in a good movie, let alone when one headlines the movie?

-------------

Posted By: MiguelAntilsu
Date Posted: March 25 2009 at 12:22pm

For once, I can understand the verbal diarrhea in HeadRazzberry's conversation starter.  I predicted the Worst of the Weak correctly, but 12 Rounds could get a Bonus slot.

Posted By: movieman
Date Posted: March 25 2009 at 1:26pm
Apparently for Virginia Madsen, starring in lame horror movies how she
wants to spend the rest of her career.

Posted By: RoadDogXVIII
Date Posted: March 25 2009 at 2:04pm
It was due to happen one day. It's from Lionsgate (red flag already), it's a PG-13 horror film, and it stars an A-lister slumming his/her talents.

-------------
You think you know, but you have no idea.

Posted By: CriticalFrank
Date Posted: March 25 2009 at 9:02pm
What seems to be happening, is a sort of bias against horror films. For example on the week of the release of "Miss March", that movie got a lot of buzz for looking horrible, yet "Last House on the Left" was chosen as Worst of the Weak. Same thing seems to have happened here. Two movies that look pretty bad are coming out, but the one gets edged ahead to be worst, because it is a horror movie. I don't really begrudge anyone for their movie viewing preference (Unless they actually like the Seltzerberg shlock, and then they need to be locked away) but it seems to me that the Head Razz just plain doesn't like horror. And why should I care, really? It's his call.

My worst prospect of the week is still going to 12 Rounds. I will most likely see the other two.

-------------
Life's short and hard, like a body-building elf - Bloodhound Gang

Date Posted: March 25 2009 at 11:49pm

I'm a huge fan of horror...if you couldn't tell.

-------------

Date Posted: March 26 2009 at 1:45am

Ah yes, but it's that kind of thinking that allows H-wood to get away with remaking and ripping off the same material over and over again. It's like a diner that has run out of food, so they just reheat leftovers, but since the customers are hungry, they'll eat anything and not care, even if it is recycled...

Originally posted by moviewizguy

Well, I quite liked the concept of DH3, which is why I look forward to 12 Rounds.

-------------
"Just once I want my life to be like an 80's movie ... but, no, no. John Hughes did not direct my life." ("Easy A", 2010)

Date Posted: March 26 2009 at 5:51am

I think the analogy is off just slightly. It's more like going into a restaurant that you frequent a lot, and saying "I've tried everything on the menu, I want to try something new and different." The chef looks puzzled for a moment, and starts rifling through the recipe cards. In a desperate attempt, he pulls out an old recipe, and tries to spice it up, some (possibly by adding some BAY leaf, HA!). The resulting concoction is something you'll take a bite of, and say "I've had this before, but there's something different about it this time."

And then, depending on how much Bay leaf they added, something will blow up... (I really hope the joke is working for other people, and not just me...)

The leftovers is more like when they decide to take old movies (like Night of the Living Dead) and colorize them, and then rerelease em.

Well, I quite liked the concept of DH3, which is why I look forward to 12 Rounds.

Ah yes, but it's that kind fo thinking that allows H-Wood to get away with remaking and ripping off the same material over and over again. It's like a diner that has run out of food, so they just reheat leftovers, but since the customers are hungry, they'll eat anything and not care, even if it's recycled.

-------------

Posted By: MiguelAntilsu
Date Posted: March 26 2009 at 8:50am

Originally posted by CriticalFrank

What seems to be happening, is a sort of bias against horror films. For example on the week of the release of "Miss March", that movie got a lot of buzz for looking horrible, yet "Last House on the Left" was chosen as Worst of the Weak. Same thing seems to have happened here. Two movies that look pretty bad are coming out, but the one gets edged ahead to be worst, because it is a horror movie. I don't really begrudge anyone for their movie viewing preference (Unless they actually like the Seltzerberg shlock, and then they need to be locked away) but it seems to me that the Head Razz just plain doesn't like horror. And why should I care, really? It's his call.

My worst prospect of the week is still going to 12 Rounds. I will most likely see the other two.

That bias thing is old news.  These guys have been kicking horror films around for as long as the Razzies have been in existence.  The only horror film that's gotten any real Razzie credibility is "I Know Who Killed Me".  Most of the other films they picked on were erotic romances, adaptations of any kind, or films containing actors/actresses they didn't like (for any reason, good or bad).

Date Posted: March 26 2009 at 10:32am

1. Frank's POV. It can also be said that much like your analogy, it's like the diner adding the bay leaf to the same meatloaf they have been serving before and passing it off as something totally new, then someone eats it and says "This isn't new at all, it's just rehashed and the bay leaf made it all too biter". That's our take on remakes.

2. Miguel's POV. We bash horror movies because 9 out of 10 times, they do suck, period. For every one good "The Ring" movie, we then get nine unwatchable "One Missed Call" movies.

Posted By: sportsartist24
Date Posted: March 26 2009 at 4:05pm

I'm a huge fan of horror...if you couldn't tell.

Well, unfortunately, I didn't even know that. That's no wonder you've been making positive comments on nearly every horror movie on this site.

-------------
The Mormons were'nt really popular in the beginning, they're now becoming more popular, even in Hollywood.

Posted By: dEd Grimley
Date Posted: March 27 2009 at 11:18am

I know a good horror movie when I see one: The Uninvited, Last House on the Left, and yes, this one. As you can see, I've not defended The Unborn, soooooooo I think this will be decent, if not amazing.

No. No you don't.

Date Posted: March 27 2009 at 1:53pm

Yeah, in his case, it's more like: "ANY horror movie, no matter whatever flaws it may have = GOOD." 

Originally posted by dEd Grimley

No. No you don't.

-------------

Posted By: SchumacherH8ter
Date Posted: March 27 2009 at 2:11pm

Last time I checked, "12 Rounds" had a 56% at RT. Yeah, that's, um, surprising. Meanwhile, the current subject had a 19%. Yeah, looks like HeadRAZZBerry got it right this time. My parents want to see it, but I have no interest.

-------------
I'm the Goddamn Batman.-All-Star Batman And Robin #2
https://twitter.com/Scott_DAgostino
Upcoming reviews: http://www.razzies.com/forum/topic7513.html

Date Posted: March 27 2009 at 4:44pm
The movie is an altogether forgettable affair, that is more often a miss then a hit. The one big plus it has going for it, is that unlike Monsters Vs Aliens, Haunting in Connecticut didn't give me a massive migraine... Of course, it wasn't MvA's fault I got the headache, really... it was those damned 3D glasses... If you have a choice between the two, definitely see MvA... and save Haunting for the Netflix queue.

-------------

Date Posted: March 27 2009 at 5:13pm

Yes, Mosters vs. Aliens is definitely a good one to see out of all the ones that came out this week...

-------------
The Mormons were'nt really popular in the beginning, they're now becoming more popular, even in Hollywood.

Date Posted: March 28 2009 at 2:56am

Obviously...

The movie is an altogether forgettable affair, that is more often a miss then a hit. The one big plus it has going for it, is that unlike Monsters Vs Aliens, Haunting in Connecticut didn't give me a massive migraine... Of course, it wasn't MvA's fault I got the headache, really... it was those damned 3D glasses... If you have a choice between the two, definitely see MvA... and save Haunting for the Netflix queue.

-------------

Date Posted: March 28 2009 at 7:03am
Wow...surprise, surprise. This movie opened with $9.58 million. That's a lot. I never expected that.

Date Posted: March 29 2009 at 3:13pm

Wow...surprise, surprise. This movie opened with $9.58 million. That's a lot. I never expected that.

Neither did I.

-------------

Date Posted: March 29 2009 at 6:17pm
$9.58 million is about the bare average for a movie on opening day. Now if that was what it made all three days combined, oh may, we have ourselves a stinker! Final vedict: a movie not worth remembering come voting next year.

Date Posted: March 30 2009 at 12:05am

$9.58 million is about the bare average for a movie on opening day. Now if that was what it made all three days combined, oh may, we have ourselves a stinker! Final vedict: a movie not worth remembering come voting next year.

Yeah, it wasn't great, but it was faaaaaaaaaar from Razzie Worthy. Which is sad in a way. Wouldn't it be great if Hollywood blew all the crap early in the year, rather then spreading it out?

-------------

Posted By: Pete
Date Posted: May 08 2009 at 3:44am
I saw this one. Let's just say I wouldn't even want my worst enemy to see this.

-------------
City of angels, I'll see you again, on the last frontier

Date Posted: May 08 2009 at 4:53am

Originally posted by Pete

I saw this one. Let's just say I wouldn't even want my worst enemy to see this.

While it wasn't great, I wouldn't put it in the "wouldn't want my worst enemy to see it" category. The movie was more forgetable then awful...

-------------

Date Posted: May 08 2009 at 11:51am
I'd love to make Kevin Costner watch it.

-------------
-Iron helps us play-

Date Posted: May 08 2009 at 4:40pm

Why? What did Kevin Costner ever do to you? Besides Waterworld?

...and that Robin Hood movie...

-------------

Date Posted: May 08 2009 at 5:15pm

I think forcing Costner to watch his own movies would help him realize the joke he has become. If he's not starring as someone with a past in baseball, he stars in (and directs) crappy epics.

Date Posted: May 08 2009 at 6:55pm

I think forcing Costner to watch his own movies would help him realize the joke he has become. If he's not starring as someone with a past in baseball, he stars in (and directs) crappy epics.

Maybe Kevin Costner needs psychicatric help? Perhaps all of these films in his mind are actually BRILLIANT, but only due to the complete insanity.

-------------

Date Posted: May 09 2009 at 1:46am

Why? What did Kevin Costner ever do to you? Besides Waterworld?

...and that Robin Hood movie...

You've obviously never been trapped in a dorm room and forced to watch The Postman.

I liked the Robin Hood movie when I was a little kid, but today, not so much. I just hate how he tries not to be the hero of every movie he's in, but the Jesus of every movie he's in.

-------------
-Iron helps us play-

Date Posted: May 09 2009 at 6:29am

Ok. Ill add the Postman to the list.  But, think of all the great movies he has done, like.... um.... .... People like Field of Dreams, right?

And just because the man has some strange Messiah Complex doesn't mean he has to immitate Jesus in every movie... Perhaps he is channeling some other messiah...

-------------

Date Posted: May 09 2009 at 8:46am

People like Field of Dreams, right?

Oh, I love "Field of Dreams". Anytime I can't sleep, I watch it and sure enough, I fall alseep the moment my head touchs the pillow. Costner's a one-hit wonder, "Dances With Wolves", that's it.

Date Posted: May 09 2009 at 9:36am
Dances with Wolves is his only hit? Rotten Tomatoes has like 9 or 10 of his films with higher scores... including JFK, Bull Durham, and Field of Dreams...

-------------

Date Posted: May 09 2009 at 12:10pm
I forgot about Swing Vote. The one man who's vote will decide the presidency... which is ok, but then it's the way he makes his decision that inspires the entire nation to become better people. And probably play baseball, I guess.

-------------
-Iron helps us play-

Date Posted: May 10 2009 at 5:26am

I forgot about Swing Vote. The one man who's vote will decide the presidency.

Yes, except that after two messed up elections, we know for a fact that one man's vote doesn't decide the presidency, which is why that movie was such a failure.

Date Posted: May 10 2009 at 5:50am
lol I have a hard time believing that THAT was the only reason that movie failed.

-------------
-Iron helps us play-

Date Posted: May 10 2009 at 6:54am

I imagine the other reason that the movie failed was that once again, Kevin Costner set himself as the one with all the power. His vote was going to be able to change the course of history for good or ill.

Besides, if an election were ever that close, they would have the election tied up in legal red tape as the opponents sue and countersue for recounts for months and months...

Come to think of it, a race that close would seem to be against our entire electoral college system... since the folk in the electoral college have the power to make the votes, regardless of what the public wants...

...thinking about that movie makes my brain hurt...

-------------

Date Posted: May 10 2009 at 6:48pm
Yea. And I think re-counts are mandatory within like... several thousand votes.

-------------
-Iron helps us play-

Date Posted: May 11 2009 at 12:15am

I think it depends on state, actually... it is a percentage based thing... Someone ask Al Franken for the answer... He'll know.

-------------

Date Posted: May 11 2009 at 7:05pm

I think it depends on state, actually... it is a percentage based thing... Someone ask Al Franken for the answer... He'll know.

Yes, the situation in MN is quite interesting. To think that if Al Gore had kept challenging the election in 2000 in court, we could've had no official president for the past 8 years. I'm pretty sure the presidency falls into the hands of Rush Limbaugh as an interim president during that time period.

-------------
-Iron helps us play-

Date Posted: May 12 2009 at 12:30am

Yes, the situation in MN is quite interesting. To think that if Al Gore had kept challenging the election in 2000 in court, we could've had no official president for the past 8 years. I'm pretty sure the presidency falls into the hands of Rush Limbaugh as an interim president during that time period.

President Rush.... Quite possibly the scariest thing I have heard in a long time...

Except maybe for those damned Beatnik alien ghosts...

-------------

Date Posted: May 14 2009 at 3:24am
Rush has a lot of alien ghosts attached to his body. Especially around his stomach.

-------------
-Iron helps us play-

Date Posted: May 14 2009 at 10:27am
Oh.... so he's not fat, he just has alien ghosts living inside him... I understand. It all makes sense now! ...Do the Alien Ghosts crave Oxycontin?

-------------

Date Posted: May 14 2009 at 11:45am
I hear Rush puts grounded up Oxycontin on his ice cream instead of sprinkles.

Date Posted: May 14 2009 at 11:54am
Mmmm instant cure for brain freeze!

-------------

Posted By: movieman
Date Posted: July 25 2009 at 5:19pm
I fell asleep about an hour and a half into this one. If my Netflix sleeve is
correct, I missed 12 minutes of this lame, derivative, and tiresome alleged
"thriller". The attempts to "scare" the audience could be seen from a mile
away.

Virginia Madsen is ok in her role here(you can also tell she's been smoking
like a chimney off camera), but the guy who plays her husband is miscast, as
I laughed when he was having his "meltdown". I would recommend him for
Worst Supporting Actor, but chances are he won't be remembered by the
year's end. I do however see this under a Worst Excuse For a Thriller/Horror,
if we use the category.

Date Posted: July 26 2009 at 7:23am
I recently saw Dances with Wolves for the first time. I wasn't looking forward to it because of the 3 hour running time but I really liked it. It was fantastic! And it's like a sweeping epic! 9.5/10

Date Posted: July 26 2009 at 7:33am

Yes, Dances with Wolves both made (and broke) Kevin Costner's career. Sure, he won Oscars for it, but then he followed it up with crap like "Water World" and "The Postman." 

-------------

Date Posted: July 26 2009 at 8:12am
...Hooray for Haunting in Connecticut!...?

-------------
-Iron helps us play-

Date Posted: September 24 2009 at 1:44pm
Has anyone seen the movie yet? How was it?

Date Posted: September 24 2009 at 4:12pm
Haven't seen it, or know anyone who has seen it. Chances are, it's not a serious contender, unlike a certain movie by Michael Bay.

Print Page | Close Window