Print Page | Close Window

Last & Hardly Luxurious...

Printed From: Official RAZZIE® Forum
Category: FORUMS on 2009 RELEASES
Forum Name: FAST & FURIOUS (2009)
Forum Discription: Gentlemen, Start Your Engines...and Park Your Brains Outside the Theatre
URL: http://www.razzies.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=3558
Printed Date: October 20 2014 at 6:05am

Topic: Last & Hardly Luxurious...
Posted By: HeadRAZZBerry
Subject: Last & Hardly Luxurious...
Date Posted: March 30 2009 at 3:00am

HOW LAZY CAN HOLLYWOOD GET? FOR THIS 4th ENTRY in ONE of the LAMEST "FRANCHISES" STILL GOING, THEY DIDN'T EVEN BOTHER to COME UP WITH a SUBTITLE -- INSTEAD, THEY REPLACED the WORD "AND" with an AMPERSAND, THUS "CLEVERLY" AVOIDING ADMITTING THAT the "SERIES" WAS FOUR FILMS IN and FAST RUNNING OUT of GAS .

FURTHER EXHIBITING THEIR LACK OF ORIGINALITY, THEY'VE ALSO BROUGHT BACK SEVERAL of the FIRST FILM's CAST, INCLUDING LIKELY WORST ACTOR REPEAT OFFENDER http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0004874/awards - VIN DIESEL .

THE ONE POSITIVE: THE CAR STUNTS in the TRAILER for http://www.razzies.com/forum/forum_topics.asp?FID=348 - FAST & FURIOUS  ARE SPECTACULAR....and AT the SAME TIME, SPECTACULARLY OVER-the-TOP.

11-YEAR-OLD BOYS (and THEIR MENTAL EQUALS) LOVED IT! 

OKAY, FORUM POSTERS, TIME to REV YOUR RAZZIE® ENGINES, DUST OFF YOUR HOKIEST CAR-RACING CLICHE'S, and TAKE OFF...

DIESEL: "Don't take those RAZZIE® Forum folks' comments so literally -- It was just a figure of speech when they said you were the human equivalent of a hood ornament..."

-------------
Ye Olde Head RAZZberry

Replies:
Posted By: RoadDogXVIII
Date Posted: March 30 2009 at 4:35am
Well, it seems they're going with what made the franchise so popular, so they're bringing back the cast of the first one, then tie the events that lead to The Fast & The Furious: Tokyo Drift.

Still, considering Justin Lin directed the last one, and it was just a howler in every sense of the word (I wanted to pound the bad guy as much as I wanna pound every character on The Suite Life of Zack & Cody, he was just so annoying; it lacked the humor of 2 Fast 2 Furious), consider it an epic fail.

Adventureland will be the best of the week. I haven't seen pussy-prowlin' Ryan Reynolds for quite some time.

-------------
You think you know, but you have no idea.

Posted By: Headbanger14
Date Posted: March 30 2009 at 7:09am

The problem I had with the last two movies was that they didn't have Vin Diesel and Paul Walker together. Now they're back together in this movie, so that's a plus... 

But the fact that they called it Fast & Furious (which sounds like the first film) really takes it down a notch. What's wrong with calling it Fast and the Furious 4? What a ***load of f**k! lol Angry Video Game Nerd reference for the win!

-------------

Posted By: dEd Grimley
Date Posted: March 30 2009 at 8:24am

You're all overlooking the entire dropping the word "the"... TWICE... This is clearly a major change!

-------------
-Iron helps us play-

Posted By: CriticalFrank
Date Posted: March 30 2009 at 8:29am

Actually, for them to remove the words "The" and change the and to an ampersand is a fairly interesting marketing move on their part, since it sounds so much like the first movie. They want to evoke memories of the first film with the title, and kind of try to avoid the other two.

While I still think the movie is going to most likely suck, and pander to the ADD crowd, I think their choice in a name is actually fairly good marketing...

-------------
Life's short and hard, like a body-building elf - Bloodhound Gang

Posted By: Michaels
Date Posted: March 30 2009 at 8:46am
At least the title isn't as dumb as "2 Fast, 2 Furious" (or "Blood & Chocolate" for that matter). But once this movie is out on DVD, I expect it will be confused with the first movie more than once, since most of the fans of the series also dropped the "the's" when they talked about the original movie. From what I hear, this is actually "Fast and Furious 2 1/2", since it's what "2F, 2F" should have been if the producers were able to keep the original cast together. It seems that all though Christopher Nolan rebooting the Batman movie series was one of the greatest things to come out of H-Wood, at least for that series, leave it to H-Wood to take a good idea and ruin it by applying it to every other dead movie series that should remain dead. Granted, the stunts look insanely good, but not enough for my $10. I declare this a rental.

Posted By: moviewizguy
Date Posted: March 30 2009 at 8:47am

I actually thought the third film was the best, seeing how it deals much more with plot, and there were some fantastic car chases, including the final showdown. And they were well shot.

RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: Seriously, moviewizeguy, are there even 12 films you don't like? http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0463985/ - TOKYO DRIFT not only bombed at the box office ( http://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/?id=fastandthefurious3.htm - grossing only about 49% of what http://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/?id=2fast2furious.htm - FF2 did) it also got about http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/fast_and_the_furious_tokyo_drift/ - 65% negative reviews at RT  -- Meaning, once again, you are all but alone in praising a movie that the overwhelming majority of movie-goers and critics considered mediocre at best...

-------------

Date Posted: March 30 2009 at 9:38am

I figure this one isn't even worth a rental... I was thinking more along the lines of "If it shows up on Cable, I might watch it."

Although, I suppose the car stunts MIGHT make it worth renting...

Originally posted by Michaels

At least the title isn't as dumb as "2 Fast, 2 Furious" (or "Blood & Chocolate" for that matter). But once this movie is out on DVD, I expect it will be confused with the first movie more than once, since most of the fans of the series also dropped the "the's" when they talked about the original movie. From what I hear, this is actually "Fast and Furious 2 1/2", since it's what "2F, 2F" should have been if the producers were able to keep the original cast together. It seems that all though Christopher Nolan rebooting the Batman movie series was one of the greatest things to come out of H-Wood, at least for that series, leave it to H-Wood to take a good idea and ruin it by applying it to every other dead movie series that should remain dead. Granted, the stunts look insanely good, but not enough for my $10. I declare this a rental.

-------------

Date Posted: March 30 2009 at 11:08am
Originally posted by moviewizguy

RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: Seriously, moviewizeguy, are there even 12 films you don't like?

He didn't like Watchmen. It had a seeeeex scene in it... which was part of the source material. And it was apparently all about kung fu fighting that lead up to the bad guy winning at the end.
But ultimately, you can see the appeal of a site that exists to slam bad movies has to a person who's a fan of everything H-Wood craps out.

Someone needs to invent some HTML code or something to denote sarcasm.

Date Posted: March 30 2009 at 11:13am
Originally posted by CriticalFrank

Actually, for them to remove the words "The" and change the and to an ampersand is a fairly interesting marketing move on their part, since it sounds so much like the first movie. They want to evoke memories of the first film with the title, and kind of try to avoid the other two.

While I still think the movie is going to most likely suck, and pander to the ADD crowd, I think their choice in a name is actually fairly good marketing...

I've got an idea, guys... Ok, we're going to start working on "Mall Cop: Paul Blart," and have it ready for release around Christmas time this year.

Date Posted: March 30 2009 at 11:51am
Originally posted by dEd Grimley

I've got an idea, guys... Ok, we're going to start working on "Mall Cop: Paul Blart," and have it ready for release around Christmas time this year.

Mall Cop: Paul Blart! That's a great idea. Can we reunite the cast from the original, or are we going to have to put in Vin Diesel in that one, too?

-------------

Date Posted: March 30 2009 at 11:59am
No, we gotta get that kid from Ace Ventura 3 to play him this time.

Date Posted: March 30 2009 at 12:35pm

No, we gotta get that kid from Ace Ventura 3 to play him this time.

...Kill me now. Please?

-------------

Date Posted: March 30 2009 at 2:21pm

Originally posted by Head RAZZberry

RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: Seriously, moviewizeguy, are there even 12 films you don't like?

Umm...yes, I hated 2 Fast and 2 Furious. The sequel even got a lower RT rating than the third film, Razz, so I don't know what you're talking about. And do you really think box office equates to quality? To add onto that, the third film had no returning castmembers, and it still opened #1 in the box office in its first week, similar to that of Underworld 3. Now that's a great opening, considering those facts. I wanted to kill myself during the second, which is probably why I liked the third, because it was better than the second AND the first. If you've seen the third, which, I wasn't ever going to bother to see it in the first place, you will understand my reasoning. Like I said, unlike the first and second, it's not just about "street racing." It's something more, which is why Roger Ebert also liked the 3rd film. It surprised me.

RE-RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: I was hardly suggesting  "box office equates to quality" (something I find it ironic that you would dare call anyone on, since you have done exactly that in post after post on this very Forum).  Instead, I was using the fact that the dismal box office on FF3 (combined with its less-than-stellar RT Rating) make it clear almost no one liked the film. No one, that is, but our own Defender of the Indefinsible, Moviewizeguy...

He didn't like Watchmen. It had a seeeeex scene in it... which was part of the source material. And it was apparently all about kung fu fighting that lead up to the bad guy winning at the end.
But ultimately, you can see the appeal of a site that exists to slam bad movies has to a person who's a fan of everything H-Wood craps out.

Someone needs to invent some HTML code or something to denote sarcasm.

Your pointless bickering adds nothing to the discussion. I don't even know why you try. Are you trying to make yourself look like a dumb idiot because it sure is working. Anyway, answering your childish comments, I said sex scene because people complained about it. I didn't mind it. I didn't mind a thing I said in the "Knowing" board. I was making a point. Everyone else complained about it. A recent poll shows that the most distracting thing in the film was, in fact, the thing itself.

-------------

Date Posted: March 30 2009 at 5:41pm

And once again, we go back to the "sex scene and bad guy winning equals bad movie because I wasn't able to read between the lines of what those scenes were really about, but movie with alien/angels at the end some how made me "think" equals good movie".

I'll explains this one more time, the bad guy won because he achieved world peace because he made countries look past their differences and join together to fight a common foe, the no longer human Dr. Manhattan. Comparing that to nuking Japan makes no sense. Japan was a showcase of "We are America, we have this new weapon, so we are the new superpower. Give up this war or else we will keep killing your people in the millions". In "Watchmen", it was "People of Earth need to look past our hate towards our fellow man because there is a new threat in the form of this demi-god who no longer relates to us and is now attacking us because he thinks we are inferior". But hey, the bad guy winning in the end isn't your thing, big plot twist endings are. Every forum needs a black sheep to argue with everyone just for the sake of arguing. 

Posted By: MiguelAntilsu
Date Posted: March 30 2009 at 11:24pm
Oooh, you guys are asking for it!

Date Posted: March 31 2009 at 1:21am

Uh-oh, is the LA Times going to mention us in their paper again? Woo-hoo, more free press for us!

-------------
"Just once I want my life to be like an 80's movie ... but, no, no. John Hughes did not direct my life." ("Easy A", 2010)

Date Posted: March 31 2009 at 1:27am
Maybe the NY Times will mention us this time... then we can claim coast-to-coast coverage!

-------------

Date Posted: March 31 2009 at 8:20am

He didn't like Watchmen. It had a seeeeex scene in it... which was part of the source material. And it was apparently all about kung fu fighting that lead up to the bad guy winning at the end. But ultimately, you can see the appeal of a site that exists to slam bad movies has to a person who's a fan of everything H-Wood craps out. Someone needs to invent some HTML code or something to denote sarcasm.

Your pointless bickering adds nothing to the discussion. I don't even know why you try. Are you trying to make yourself look like a dumb idiot because it sure is working. Anyway, answering your childish comments, I said sex scene because people complained about it. I didn't mind it. I didn't mind a thing I said in the "Knowing" board. I was making a point. Everyone else complained about it. A recent poll shows that the most distracting thing in the film was, in fact, the thing itself.

lol Kiddo, your subconscious hypocrisy astounds me. Am I trying to look like a dumb idiot... and am *I* childish?
By "everyone else," I assume you mean the kids at your school, because I haven't heard a single adult complain about a scene that was integral to the plot. As for the penis, again, it's distracting because of our hang-ups, and that was part of the point. He was naked in the book. They didn't even bother to go into the fact that Captain Metropolis and Hooded Justice were gay together, or that Ozymandias was gay, either. Alan Moore does a lot of stuff that is intended to make the general public uncomfortable with his work.

But seriously, last warning on the name calling.

Date Posted: March 31 2009 at 9:06am

You are childish. Like I said, you talk about Watchmen when we're talking about Fast and Furious, a topic you diverged from to make me look dumb. And by "everyone else," I meant the poll that I stated before the sentence: http://www.joblo.com/index.php?id=25597 - http://www.joblo.com/index.php?id=25597

And FYI, a lot of people in my school liked the movie, so, again, your assumptions are waaaaaay off the page.

lol Kiddo, your subconscious hypocrisy astounds me. Am I trying to look like a dumb idiot... and am *I* childish?
By "everyone else," I assume you mean the kids at your school, because I haven't heard a single adult complain about a scene that was integral to the plot. As for the penis, again, it's distracting because of our hang-ups, and that was part of the point. He was naked in the book. They didn't even bother to go into the fact that Captain Metropolis and Hooded Justice were gay together, or that Ozymandias was gay, either. Alan Moore does a lot of stuff that is intended to make the general public uncomfortable with his work.

But seriously, last warning on the name calling.

-------------

Date Posted: March 31 2009 at 9:23am

I'll explain this one more time: I never complained about the sex scene, the dong, and the bad guys winning. And you imply that Knowing was mainly about aliens because you read a plot summary. People who actually saw the movie know this isn't the truth. It's like saying "Watchmen" is a superhero movie, or "The Crucible" is about a witches. THE MOVIE IS NOT ABOUT FREAKING ALIENS! The fact you get worked on it soooo much shows that you can't handle a single thing in movies, so why bother watching movies at all?

And once again, we go back to the "sex scene and bad guy winning equals bad movie because I wasn't able to read between the lines of what those scenes were really about, but movie with alien/angels at the end some how made me "think" equals good movie".

I'll explains this one more time, the bad guy won because he achieved world peace because he made countries look past their differences and join together to fight a common foe, the no longer human Dr. Manhattan. Comparing that to nuking Japan makes no sense. Japan was a showcase of "We are America, we have this new weapon, so we are the new superpower. Give up this war or else we will keep killing your people in the millions". In "Watchmen", it was "People of Earth need to look past our hate towards our fellow man because there is a new threat in the form of this demi-god who no longer relates to us and is now attacking us because he thinks we are inferior". But hey, the bad guy winning in the end isn't your thing, big plot twist endings are. Every forum needs a black sheep to argue with everyone just for the sake of arguing. 

-------------

Date Posted: March 31 2009 at 12:16pm
[QUOTE=moviewizguy]

You are childish. Like I said, you talk about Watchmen when we're talking about Fast and Furious, a topic you diverged from to make me look dumb. And by "everyone else," I meant the poll that I stated before the sentence: http://www.joblo.com/index.php?id=25597 - http://www.joblo.com/index.php?id=25597

And FYI, a lot of people in my school liked the movie, so, again, your assumptions are waaaaaay off the page.

I was talking about Watchmen because HeadRazz was wondering if there was a movie you didn't like. Thus, my reference was relevant.
Looking at one discussion board does not constitute "everyone else." Furthermore, the people who were complaining about the movie clearly state that they didn't know anything about the graphic novel beforehand, and didn't expect to see R-rated material in an R-Rated movie. On that same note, the discussion to which you pointed me sheds light on another problem in American cinema, people either don't research the movis they're going to see (in terms of content). They just go to whatever has the flashiest lights, most explosions, and craziest special effects. Which is why Fast & Furious will make as much money as it will. There, back on topic even. How do ya like that?

Date Posted: March 31 2009 at 12:38pm
Also, I've now read everything on that thread you linked to, and the way you characterized their discussion was way off. Most of the people liked it. There were a couple of comments about the Doc. Some people didn't like it, but it was at least 60% in favor. If you're talking about that "Poll," are you SURE it's not meant to be a joke? I'm not seeing any percentages, citacions, or any sort of data to back it up. I wouldn't be surprised if there were more penis topics than anything else, but 75%?
Anyway, the comments on that forum don't support your claims. There were a couple of comments slid in there about the sex scene being cheesy, and people giggling at the penis, and the fight scenes being over-the-top (which didn't seem over-the-top enough for you, even). Most people said they liked it, even if it weren't perfect.

Date Posted: March 31 2009 at 2:47pm

I liked parts of Watchmen, but it turned out to be disappointing. I went in knowing what to expect. I did my research like 54654054 months before the movie (or at the time WB announced the greenlight). I knew it would be long and that it would be very talky, yet it was still disappointing. However, I very do appreciate that it's different from other superhero movies, straying away from the usual stereotypes of superhero movies. I liked that it was original.

Also, I've now read everything on that thread you linked to, and the way you characterized their discussion was way off. Most of the people liked it. There were a couple of comments about the Doc. Some people didn't like it, but it was at least 60% in favor. If you're talking about that "Poll," are you SURE it's not meant to be a joke? I'm not seeing any percentages, citacions, or any sort of data to back it up. I wouldn't be surprised if there were more penis topics than anything else, but 75%?
Anyway, the comments on that forum don't support your claims. There were a couple of comments slid in there about the sex scene being cheesy, and people giggling at the penis, and the fight scenes being over-the-top (which didn't seem over-the-top enough for you, even). Most people said they liked it, even if it weren't perfect.

-------------

Date Posted: March 31 2009 at 5:21pm

Looking at one discussion board does not constitute "everyone else."

Thank you for making that statement. I was just going to say what is said on the IMDb message boards is not the total combined sum of the what the movie going public thinks, it's just a fraction, just as this message board is not the entire sum of voting Razzie members, just a small amount of them (MWG not being one of them).

Oh, and as for "not handling a single thing about movies", you must have missed my background on that, so I'll repeat it. I had classes in film studies in high school, I was the president of my college's film club (where I also made short films), I read about movies in books, I studied all types of movies on Turner Classic Movies, the Sundance Channel, and The Independent Film Channel, I've written and published screenplays, and I've produced indie films. In other words, I think I would be able to "handle" movies, thank you very much.  

Date Posted: April 01 2009 at 12:12am

Oh, and as for "not handling a single thing about movies", you must have missed my background on that, so I'll repeat it. I had classes in film studies in high school, I was the president of my college's film club (where I also made short films), I read about movies in books, I studied all types of movies on Turner Classic Movies, the Sundance Channel, and The Independent Film Channel, I've written and published screenplays, and I've produced indie films. In other words, I think I would be able to "handle" movies, thank you very much.  

See, I look at your list of qualifications, and I have to be impressed, even if I don't always agree with your stance on certain topics. My training in theater usually fell in front of the camera, rather then behind. Although I did do a lot of light and sound work, too.

One of these days, I'm going to have to inquire after these screen plays you talk about...

-------------

Date Posted: April 01 2009 at 2:19am

Hey, I'm just trying to explain that I'm not some dumbass off the street who goes around claiming he knows everything about movies when in reality he knows next to nothing. Most people here have watched movies that came out before 1977, and we have even worked professionally in the business, so I think we might have a much more creditable say as to what is a good movie and what is a bad one. 

See, I look at your list of qualifications, and I have to be impressed, even if I don't always agree with your stance on certain topics. My training in theater usually fell in front of the camera, rather then behind. Although I did do a lot of light and sound work, too.

-------------
"Just once I want my life to be like an 80's movie ... but, no, no. John Hughes did not direct my life." ("Easy A", 2010)

Posted By: sportsartist24
Date Posted: April 02 2009 at 1:58am
Though what I thought was surprising was that The Fast and the Furious: Tokyo Drift didn't get a single RAZZIE nod back in 2006. I actually was shocked at that time.

-------------
The Mormons were'nt really popular in the beginning, they're now becoming more popular, even in Hollywood.

Date Posted: April 02 2009 at 9:25am

Originally posted by sportsartist24

Though what I thought was surprising was that The Fast and the Furious: Tokyo Drift didn't get a single RAZZIE nod back in 2006. I actually was shocked at that time.

Shocked? Have you seen the film?

Date Posted: April 02 2009 at 9:27am

The way I see it, there are only so many crappy movies that can be nominated...take a look at the rest of the crap that was nominated, and ask yourself, "Was this a crappier movie then Tokyo Drift?"

In the end you'll probably have at least one or two instances where the answer is no...and all I can say, is we have a chance this year to fix that grievous error. :)

-------------

Date Posted: April 03 2009 at 1:32am

Translation: "Shocked? Have you seen the film? It was awesome! Who cares if the dialog, plot, and characters were all lacking?! It was entertaining, and that's I care about when it comes to movies! All it needed was a twist ending that makes you "think" it would have gone straight into my top 5 movies of all time!"

Date Posted: April 03 2009 at 7:58am

You must not have stuck around for the "twist ending" where it was revealed that almost the entire movie never actually happened, but was a possibility of what COULD happen.

....oh wait, that was that awful "Knowing"... never mind.

Edit: This is what happens when I try to make jokes only a little bit after getting up... I screw up my Nic Cage jokes... Obviously, that should say "Next" up there... but I figured I'd leave it up there in the original format, just for my own personal amusement.

Shocked? Have you seen the film?[/QUOTE]

Translation: "Shocked? Have you seen the film? It was awesome! Who cares if the dialog, plot, and characters were all lacking?! It was entertaining, and that's I care about when it comes to movies! All it needed was a twist ending that makes you "think" it would have gone straight into my top 5 movies of all time!"

[/QUOTE]

-------------

Date Posted: April 03 2009 at 9:18am

Funny, seeing how that's exactly the first Fast and the Furious and ironic, because I know that you enjoy films like those sometimes. Don't blame it on me. It happens to everyone. *cough*Wanted*cough* *cough*Hancock*cough* *cough*The Matrix*cough* Oh, and let's see, this film in the series turned out to be the worst. Fast and Furious 3 turned out to be the second best. That says a lot.

And, really, don't mock me. I never intended to see the film ever, like Nacho Libre, but I watched it and I liked it. If you like these types of films, you should watch it and there was hardly any CGI in the film so you can't go "OH, and the film filled with mindless, crappy CGI effects" again nor can you go, "Oh, it also has a twist ending that makes you think!" again.

Also, you can't blame the third film for anything, if it was intended to be mindless fun. Well, you can but that just makes you look dumb. You don't attack/bash a film of something it was trying to be in the first place. That's a law (well, not really). You can say, "The movie is dumb, and mindless, and have mindless car chases throughout! The plot is predictable and the characters one dimensional!" But then again...wasn't that the point? It's the same with dance movies.

-------------

Date Posted: April 03 2009 at 11:25am

I know that you enjoy films like those sometimes. Don't blame it on me.

I've seen each "F&F" movie, for free, on cable, while I was busy doing something else, and I don't remember a single thing about any of them.

Oh, and let's see, this film in the series turned out to be the worst. Fast and Furious 3 turned out to be the second best. That says a lot.

No, not really, it only says lot about your taste in movies.

Also, you can't blame the third film for anything, if it was intended to be mindless fun. Well, you can but that just makes you look dumb. You don't attack/bash a film of something it was trying to be in the first place. That's a law (well, not really). You can say, "The movie is dumb, and mindless, and have mindless car chases throughout! The plot is predictable and the characters one dimensional!" But then again...wasn't that the point?

Well, it does help make critics jobs a whole lot easier. But in that case, you can't blame us for giving this movie a Razzie nod or win since giving mindless movies "awards" for being mindless movies is what we are all about.

Date Posted: April 03 2009 at 12:44pm

I've seen each "F&F" movie, for free, on cable, while I was busy doing something else, and I don't remember a single thing about any of them.

Yeah, if I've seen 12 Angry Men on tv and doing something at the same time, I don't think I'd remember a single thing about that movie. I'm sure if you watch any movie while you're paying attention to something else, you wouldn't remember the movie. I don't see your point. It's called selective attention. Look it up.

No, not really, it only says lot about your taste in movies.

See, I don't get how you want me to not go say "idiot," "retard," "dumb," and other condescending words when you, basically, want me to. It'slike you're asking for it. If you've read my previous comments, I wasn't trying to state your level of IQ, nor was I attacking you in any way so why you're attacking my tastes in movies, I don't know. It's apparant that what you're doing is (again) diverging from th topic and going on about someone's taste in movies. The purpose of people who do this is to 1) Ignore that the evidence I give out is, well...ignored and 2) you hoping people who read what I say is forgotten because you diverged from the topic, and it'll probably work, but that's not surprising.

Well, it does help make critics jobs a whole lot easier. But in that case, you can't blame us for giving this movie a Razzie nod or win since giving mindless movies "awards" for being mindless movies is what we are all about.

I could care less about what happens to this movie. Give it every Razzie nominations. I won't be crying.

Date Posted: April 03 2009 at 3:58pm

Yeah, if I've seen 12 Angry Men on tv and doing something at the same time, I don't think I'd remember a single thing about that movie. I'm sure if you watch any movie while you're paying attention to something else, you wouldn't remember the movie. I don't see your point. It's called selective attention. Look it up.

Too bad, since "12 Angry Men" is considered one of the greats and is among one of my favorites, but seeing as it all "boring" talking, I can understand why you wouldn't care to remember it or any of its messages about racism, fatherhood, or the justice system.

See, I don't get how you want me to not go say "idiot," "retard," "dumb," and other condescending words when you, basically, want me to. It's like you're asking for it. If you've read my previous comments, I wasn't trying to state your level of IQ, nor was I attacking you in any way so why you're attacking my tastes in movies, I don't know. It's apparant that what you're doing is (again) diverging from the topic and going on about someone's taste in movies. The purpose of people who do this is to 1) Ignore that the evidence I give out is, well...ignored and 2) you hoping people who read what I say is forgotten because you diverged from the topic, and it'll probably work, but that's not surprising.

I'm the one asking for it? I'm not the one defending bad movies in a forum that's all about bashing bad movies. You claim "Tokyo Drift" is the second best of the three, that is only your opinion, yet you state it as if it's some universal fact that we were not aware of. THAT is why we question your tastes. Like HeadRazz said, are there even 12 movies out there that you don't like. We know "Watchmen" was one, now we just need 11 more.

I could care less about what happens to this movie. Give it every Razzie nominations. I won't be crying.

Good, we're glad to have your approval. 

Date Posted: April 04 2009 at 12:04am

You claim "Tokyo Drift" is the second best of the three, that is only your opinion, yet you state it as if it's some universal fact that we were not aware of.

You know, considering that there are only three movies in the series, it might be the second best, since it only has to best one of the other two... Now that a fourth has come out, who knows where it might fall...

And as far as 12 Angry Men goes, that is a great movie, and made a great stage production, too. I saw it when it was touring with George Wendt, very good play, great movie. Probably one of my favorite older movies.

-------------

Date Posted: April 04 2009 at 3:07am
I can't wait for the version of "12 Angry Men" where they're all played by Eddie Murphy in varios fat suits.
I hate to keep plugging the guy, because I really sound like a shill, but I respect his opinion... Anyway, what I'm trying to get at is that you should watch http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k4U0SaOYMWY - this review by moviepreviewcritic that he made as an April Fool's joke about this movie. I don't mean to ruin the surpise, as apparently some people were surprised that it was sarcasm, but it's a pretty funny review of F&F.

Date Posted: April 04 2009 at 10:43am

I can't wait for the version of "12 Angry Men" where they're all played by Eddie Murphy in various fat suits.

I can't stop my eyes from bleeding.... Why won't they stop bleeding? Why would you even suggest such a horror? Whhhhhhhhhhhy?

-------------

Date Posted: April 04 2009 at 1:14pm

Too bad, since "12 Angry Men" is considered one of the greats and is among one of my favorites, but seeing as it all "boring" talking, I can understand why you wouldn't care to remember it or any of its messages about racism, fatherhood, or the justice system.

Are you mentally ill? Here. I'll repost what I said: Yeah, if I've seen 12 Angry Men on tv and doing something at the same time, I don't think I'd remember a single thing about that movie.

And FYI, I chose 12 Angry Men because it's on my top 5 of all time, but seeing that you can't read and are an ignorant prick, I can understand.

I'm the one asking for it? I'm not the one defending bad movies in a forum that's all about bashing bad movies. You claim "Tokyo Drift" is the second best of the three, that is only your opinion, yet you state it as if it's some universal fact that we were not aware of. THAT is why we question your tastes. Like HeadRazz said, are there even 12 movies out there that you don't like. We know "Watchmen" was one, now we just need 11 more.

I didn't "claim" anything. Here, I'll repost what I said: Oh, and let's see, this film in the series turned out to be the worst. Fast and Furious 3 turned out to be the second best. That says a lot. I based the fact that Fast and Furious 3 had the second best rating on RT in the series to be the second best in the series. If you want my opinion, which I know you won't care, I say Fast an Furious 3 was the BEST out of the series.

Date Posted: April 04 2009 at 1:28pm

I can't wait for the version of "12 Angry Men" where they're all played by Eddie Murphy in varios fat suits.
I hate to keep plugging the guy, because I really sound like a shill, but I respect his opinion... Anyway, what I'm trying to get at is that you should watch http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k4U0SaOYMWY - this review by moviepreviewcritic that he made as an April Fool's joke about this movie. I don't mean to ruin the surpise, as apparently some people were surprised that it was sarcasm, but it's a pretty funny review of F&F.

The fact that you have the audacity to support Mike is quite insane. First of all, he based his opinion on the Fast and the Furious films on how well he remembered the films, while, we shouldn't forget, doing something at the same time. Once more, I'll explain this again: If you watch ANY movie while doing something concurrently, I'm 99.9% sure you wouldn't remember a single thing about the film once you've finished it. Second, he can't read. We all know that by now. Third, he's ignorant. Fourth, he ignores my evidence for each subject we argue on. Example:

Me: On, RT, you can see Fast and Furious 3 has the second best rating, which shows that it's the second best in the series.

Mike: You're an idiot. You claim that Fast and Furious 3 is the second best in the series. I don't know why you question us about mocking your tastes in movies. I saw all of the Fast and Furious films while doing something at the same time...and I don't remember a thing from them.

Me: Oh, gee, you probably didn't remember a thing because YOU DID SOMETHING AT THE SAME TIME. I'm sure IF I have done the same to 12 Angry Men that I wouldn't have remembered a single thing in it too.

Mike: Oh, you idiot. You didn't like 12 Angry Men, one of the best films ever made.

Me: Can you read? I said "IF."

Mike: Oh, retard. Can you read?

Me: Why are you repeating me?

Mike: Why are you repeating me?

ETC.

Date Posted: April 04 2009 at 1:53pm
This film opened with $30 million in its first day. That...is...a...lot. More surprising than Haunting in Connecticut.

Date Posted: April 04 2009 at 2:03pm

Are you mentally ill? Here. I'll repost what I said: Yeah, if I've seen 12 Angry Men on tv and doing something at the same time, I don't think I'd remember a single thing about that movie.

And FYI, I chose 12 Angry Men because it's on my top 5 of all time, but seeing that you can't read and are an ignorant prick, I can understand.

Ah, good, there's some hope for you yet. And I said I only watched the "F&F" movies on cable while doing something else because that's all they are good for, something to keep you from sitting around in silence.

I didn't "claim" anything. Here, I'll repost what I said: Oh, and let's see, this film in the series turned out to be the worst. Fast and Furious 3 turned out to be the second best. That says a lot. I based the fact that Fast and Furious 3 had the second best rating on RT in the series to be the second best in the series. If you want my opinion, which I know you won't care, I say Fast an Furious 3 was the BEST out of the series.

I made the comment based on how you phrased the sentance "It was the second best of the series, that says alot." You didn't mentioned anything about its RT rating being the reason why it's considered the second best, which was why I wrote it off as just your opinion.

Date Posted: April 04 2009 at 2:07pm

The fact that you have the audacity to support Mike is quite insane.

He takes my side because like me, he knows alot of about movies as a business and an artform, and can tell a good movie from a bad one. And he's not quick to jump to the side of someone who defending bad movies in a forum that's all about bashing bad movies. It's like you're a guy posting in a NASA forum trying to convince everyone that the Earth is flat and is the center of the solar system, and then you wonder why no one takes you seriously. 

Date Posted: April 04 2009 at 2:10pm

This film opened with $30 million in its first day. That...is...a...lot. More surprising than Haunting in Connecticut.

Surprising? Of course it would be a Box Office hit, it's tailor made for teenage viewing. We never claimed it was going to bomb, just that it would suck. The only thing less surprising are the all the reports of teenagers being pulled over by cops for trying to street race and mimick the stunts that are in the movie, which happens every year when a "F&F" movie comes out. There's another reason to bash these movies besides their poor quality, they encourage the youth of the nation to do stupid things.

Date Posted: April 05 2009 at 1:06am
I just looked through this entire thread, and the only person to use the word "idiot" or "retard" was you, MWG.

Date Posted: April 05 2009 at 2:15pm

It doesn't matter. It doesn't change the fact of the billions of logical posts I've posted on this thread.

Anyway, this film opened with $72 MILLION. That's quite a lot, even bigger than Watchmen and the biggest opening on April and this year.

I just looked through this entire thread, and the only person to use the word "idiot" or "retard" was you, MWG.

-------------

Date Posted: April 05 2009 at 4:33pm

So it doesn't matter that you put words in our mouths? I'm not claiming that you're stupid, just that your taste in movies is subpar and you lack the "logic" not to post good reviews for bad movies here. You're like a Satanist posting on a Catholic message board, trying to convince everyone that the Devil is not evil, just misunderstood -- and then you wonder why everyone disagrees with what you have to say.

PS: As for "F&F", as the Movie Preview Critic (a man who knows the history of movies well past the 70s, and can tell a good one from a bad one) says: "Just because a movie is a hit, that doesn't mean it isn't sh*t". 

It doesn't matter. It doesn't change the fact of the billions of logical posts I've posted on this thread.

-------------

Date Posted: April 06 2009 at 6:14am

Anyway, this film opened with $72 MILLION. That's quite a lot, even bigger than Watchmen and the biggest opening on April and this year.

No, it really kind of does. No one likes to argue with someone who acts like a spoiled child and starts throwing out insults. It's a cue for people to stop paying attention to your argument, and get angry and go on the offense or defense. It's a shoddy tool for an argument, and whatever you say after that tends to go unnoticed.

Date Posted: April 06 2009 at 8:39am
The very argument we (actual Razzie voters) are making is that "Fast & Furious" is nothing more than a "turn off your brain and watch the pretty colors" flick that was created with making money as its sole intention. It doesn't deserve anyone's $10 to see it in theaters along with a bunch of annoying and loud teenagers. Studio Heads are jumping for joy now that the movie did what it was made for, making teenagers throw down their parents' money to see hack actors drive cars in the most dangerous ways possible. Sadly, this means there will no doubt be yet another "F&F" sequel and maybe a spin-off around the corner. But hey, MWG said he didn't care if we razz this movie, so let's write it up for Worst Sequel and Worst Teenage Viewership Bait nods.

Date Posted: April 06 2009 at 12:04pm

No, it really kind of does. No one likes to argue with someone who acts like a spoiled child and starts throwing out insults. It's a cue for people to stop paying attention to your argument, and get angry and go on the offense or defense. It's a shoddy tool for an argument, and whatever you say after that tends to go unnoticed.

But seeing that you ignored my whole posts and just referring to one, I don't really care. Seeing how you supported Mike who attacked me for not liking 12 Angry Men when it was, in fact, the opposite, I don't care.

Date Posted: April 06 2009 at 12:31pm

But seeing that you ignored my whole posts and just referring to one, I don't really care. Seeing how you supported Mike who attacked me for not liking 12 Angry Men when it was, in fact, the opposite, I don't care.

He supports me because I don't reduce myself to childish name calling, and I'm not the one trying to convince a message board not to do what the board is meant for in the first place, bashing bad movies.

Date Posted: April 06 2009 at 1:07pm

There have been several posts in this thread, and many more in others. I'm telling you, as someone who's learned how to argue... Don't stoop to namecalling unless you REALLY need to.

Date Posted: April 06 2009 at 6:22pm

The very argument we (actual Razzie voters) are making is that "Fast & Furious" is nothing more than a "turn off your brain and watch the pretty colors" flick that was created with making money as its sole intention. It doesn't deserve anyone's $10 to see it in theaters along with a bunch of annoying and loud teenagers. Studio Heads are jumping for joy now that the movie did what it was made for, making teenagers throw down their parents' money to see hack actors drive cars in the most dangerous ways possible. Sadly, this means there will no doubt be yet another "F&F" sequel and maybe a spin-off around the corner. But hey, MWG said he didn't care if we razz this movie, so let's write it up for Worst Sequel and Worst Teenage Viewership Bait nods.

I actually saw the movie, and the only thing this movie really does to advance the art of movies, is provide some fairly spectacular car stunts. But other then that, there isn't much going for the movie. Your description of the film as a "Turn off your brain" film is sadly, spot on. (Not surprising really)

Next time, I will have to hope for a free ticket before I go to the surefire stinker...

-------------

Posted By: tomsmo35
Date Posted: April 07 2009 at 11:24am
I guess with a $72 Million opening there probably going to be a FF 5 I assume.

Date Posted: April 07 2009 at 11:45am
That's what's likely, unfortunately. The entire Hollywood system has become so akin to the financial system... Do whatever you can to make a buck as quick as you can without any thought for the longterm effects.

Date Posted: April 07 2009 at 3:50pm

As a matter of fact, YES I DID! And I was extremely disappointed with it.

-------------
The Mormons were'nt really popular in the beginning, they're now becoming more popular, even in Hollywood.

Date Posted: April 07 2009 at 3:52pm

Originally posted by tomsmo35

I guess with a $72 Million opening there probably going to be a FF 5 I assume.

It definitely sounds like it. It even made more than Tokyo Drift, that's for sure.

-------------

Date Posted: April 07 2009 at 6:57pm
So, the question is, will Vin duck out for the next two sequels? Or will people still have to listen to him rasp out his lines like he's been smoking 14 packs an hour since he was born?

-------------

Date Posted: April 08 2009 at 6:42am

So, the question is, will Vin duck out for the next two sequels? Or will people still have to listen to him rasp out his lines like he's been smoking 14 packs an hour since he was born?

He'll be at least out of the next one, as he'll probably need to make a live action/CG movie with some sort of talking baseball bat, and a singing barber, and a puppy that's trying to learn the true meaning of Christmas.

Date Posted: April 10 2009 at 4:23pm
This movie, after this weekend, will pass $100 million, but weekend numbers, like all other movies, will drop mostly because of the new movies coming out.

-------------

Date Posted: April 17 2009 at 8:45am
The scary thing is this movie proves that Vin Disel is the true selling point of series. The sequels without him did okay at best, but this movie blew them away now that he is back. Go figure. I guess teenagers have spoken, now that Disney has made Dwanye Jonhson their little b*tch, Disel is now the top action hero.

Date Posted: April 17 2009 at 11:56am

He'll be at least out of the next one, as he'll probably need to make a live action/CG movie with some sort of talking baseball bat, and a singing barber, and a puppy that's trying to learn the true meaning of Christmas.

I really wish I had seen this post earlier (too bad I was out of town for it) I literally laughed so hard I cried.

-------------

Date Posted: April 17 2009 at 11:38pm
Disney had the Pacifier with Diesel. The REALLY unfortunate thing is that at some point, you know that Diesel and Dwayne are going to get together. There hasn't been a craving for this kind of meeting of the minds since De Niro and Pacino finally got together in Heat.

-------------
-Iron helps us play-

Date Posted: April 18 2009 at 9:48am

Disney had the Pacifier with Diesel. The REALLY unfortunate thing is that at some point, you know that Diesel and Dwayne are going to get together. There hasn't been a craving for this kind of meeting of the minds since De Niro and Pacino finally got together in Heat.

Dwayne and Vin can star in their own little buddy comedy.... Oh! I got it! Toss in Sylvester Stallone, and they can remake 3 Men and a Baby... Perfect roles for all three of them!

-------------

Date Posted: April 18 2009 at 1:38pm
Sly has done only two films since winning his 10th RAZZIE in 2003, and has escaped from receiving a single RAZZIE nod for both films.

-------------

Date Posted: April 19 2009 at 12:45am

Dwayne and Vin can star in their own little buddy comedy.... Oh! I got it! Toss in Sylvester Stallone, and they can remake 3 Men and a Baby... Perfect roles for all three of them!

Babies love explosions.

-------------
-Iron helps us play-

Date Posted: April 19 2009 at 1:14am

Babies love explosions.

And why wouldn't they? Explosions are colorful, and make noise... two things that babies love.

-------------

Date Posted: April 19 2009 at 1:42am
And three muskully men... One of which can speak coherently!

-------------
-Iron helps us play-

Date Posted: April 19 2009 at 4:31am

Sly has done only two films since winning his 10th RAZZIE in 2003, and has escaped from receiving a single RAZZIE nod for both films.

That's fine by me. Considering he has 10 awards, I think it's time for us to find someone else to pick on. Uwe Boll comes to mind.

Date Posted: April 19 2009 at 8:12am

And three muskully men... One of which can speak coherently!

Obviously you are talking of Sylvester Stallone, who has the most perfect speaking voice since Alan Rickman, James Earl Jones, and Animal from the Muppets.

-------------

Date Posted: April 20 2009 at 12:39am
Coincidentally... All of them have been his stunt double at least twice. Animal being the most frequent, somewhere in the low 100's.

-------------
-Iron helps us play-

Date Posted: April 20 2009 at 6:15am

Coincidentally... All of them have been his stunt double at least twice. Animal being the most frequent, somewhere in the low 100's.

I thought that stunt guy in Rambo looked a little familiar...

-------------

Date Posted: April 21 2009 at 12:09am
I really wish this were the end of F&F... When I think about it, it makes me all cry-y.

-------------
-Iron helps us play-

Date Posted: April 21 2009 at 4:35am

I really wish this were the end of F&F... When I think about it, it makes me all cry-y.

You're not looking forward to Fast/Furious: Car Pool Lane? Or Fast/Furious: Rush Hour Traffic? Or how about Fast/Furious: Soccer Mom Road Rage?

Oh the number of amazing movies that they could make. Such a wide variety of possibilities.

I'm Personally looking forward to Fast/Furious: Can't Find a Damn PArking Spot at the Supermarket!

-------------

Date Posted: April 21 2009 at 5:28am
That sounds like a challenge and a mindnumbingly fun game. Here goes the first few, I'm sure we'll need our own thread for this eventually:

F&F: Golf Cart Frenzy!
F&F: Go Kart Challenge!
F&F: Segway Highway!
F&F: Coasting in Neutral!
F&F: Adjustid Mirrorz!
F&F: Blowed Up Cars!
F&F: The Mystery of the Sealed Glove Compartment!

-------------
-Iron helps us play-

Date Posted: April 21 2009 at 9:54am

F&F: Jacked Up Gas Prices!

F&F: Riding On The Shoulder!

F&F: Changing Lanes Without Singaling!

F&F: Trapped Inside The Trunk!

F&F: Four Flat Tires!

F&F: Not Coming To A Full Stop While Running A Red Light and Speeding!

Date Posted: April 21 2009 at 4:22pm
F&F: Blue Hair's Revenge
F&F: Vin Needs Another Paycheck
F&F: Drivethru at In N Out Burger
F&F: SUV
F&F: Disc Jammed in the Damned CD Player Again
F&F: Texting and Driving

and best of all

F&F: Funeral Procession!

-------------

Date Posted: April 21 2009 at 11:15pm

F&F: Running On Empty! (in more ways than one)

F&F: Jordana Brewster Lays On The Hood In A String Bikini For No Apparent Reason!

F&F: DWI! (it's a very special after school installment)

F&F: Dropping The Cigarette Lighter On Your Crouch!

F&F: Overpriced Spinning Rims!

F&F: Oil Change!

Date Posted: April 22 2009 at 4:15am
F&F: Reading the Wall Street Journal WHile Driving

F&F: Stuck in Third Gear

F&F: Jack-Knifed Tractor Trailer

F&F: Spilled Hot Coffee in Your Crotch (perhaps a sequel to the Cigaretter lighter in the crotch)

F&F: Crashed into the Guardrail

F&F: Attack of Zombie Michelle Rodriguez....IN 3D!

(And seriously....do they need a reason to put Jordana Brewster in a Bikini? :)   )

-------------

Date Posted: April 22 2009 at 1:04pm
F&F: Jordana Brewster In A Bikini While Killing Zombie Michelle Rodriguez ... The Movie!

Date Posted: April 22 2009 at 5:25pm

F&F: Jordana Brewster In A Bikini While Killing Zombie Michelle Rodriguez ... The Movie!

.... Damnit. You win this Round Michaels... I don't think ANYTHING Could beat the awesomeness of that!

-------------

Date Posted: April 23 2009 at 1:02am

.... Damnit. You win this Round Michaels... I don't think ANYTHING Could beat the awesomeness of that!

Haha! Victory is mine! Now to collect my throphy that is in the shape of a bikini clad Jordana Brewster laying on top of a car.

Date Posted: April 23 2009 at 3:38pm

Haha! Victory is mine! Now to collect my throphy that is in the shape of a bikini clad Jordana Brewster laying on top of a car.

Note to self: Break into Michaels' house, steal trophy

Additional note to self: Get internal monologue fixed.

-------------

Date Posted: April 24 2009 at 12:20am
F&F: Vin Diesel Jumps a Shark

-------------
-Iron helps us play-

Date Posted: April 24 2009 at 4:21am

...We called that Movie "The Pacifier"

Besides, ya missed out. Michaels already won. :-P

-------------

Date Posted: April 24 2009 at 6:00am
Hey, the game may be one, but it's still worth the fight. The way I see it, we need to bilk a good 1,300 joke titles to match the idiocy that they're trying to get out of this series.

-------------
-Iron helps us play-

Date Posted: April 24 2009 at 7:27am

Hey, the game may be one, but it's still worth the fight. The way I see it, we need to bilk a good 1,300 joke titles to match the idiocy that they're trying to get out of this series.

Ah! So, are you proposing a second round of the game, then?

-------------

Date Posted: April 24 2009 at 10:56am

We can always have the sequel:

F&F: Vin Diesel Nukes A Fridge (with a bikini clad Jordana Brewster inside of it), AKA "The Teething Ring".

Date Posted: April 24 2009 at 6:28pm

We can always have the sequel:

F&F: Vin Diesel Nukes A Fridge (with a bikini clad Jordana Brewster inside of it), AKA "The Teething Ring".

No sequel to the Pacifier. PLEASE! Whatever you do, at least let that Vin Diesel property DIE...

-------------

Posted By: kelemenmarc
Date Posted: August 18 2009 at 3:33pm
For your RAZZIE Consideration:

Worst Picture
Worst Director:
Justin Lin
Worst Lead Actor:
Vin Diesel
Worst Supporting Actor:
Paul Walker
Worst Screenplay:
Chris Morgan & Gary Scott Thompson
Worst Prequel, Remake, Rip-off or Sequel

-------------
FYC:
Worst Movie: The Bounty Hunter
Worst Actor: Johnny Depp (Alice in Wonderland / The Tourist)

Date Posted: August 19 2009 at 9:18am
F&F could be a contender, if we still remember that this debacle happened when the time comes.

-------------
-Iron helps us play-

Posted By: GTAHater767
Date Posted: January 24 2010 at 12:01pm
Originally one of my choices for Worst Picture, I don't mind if it only gets nominated for Worst Prequel, Sequel, Remake, or Rip-Off. Many of my classmates liked Tokyo Drift, so I'm unsure what they thought of this one, but I believe they didn't mind this prequel.

-------------

Date Posted: January 24 2010 at 8:00pm
It's a movie series aimed directly (if not, entirely) to teenagers, so I wouldn't be at all surprised that your classmates liked it.

Posted By: Vits
Date Posted: November 25 2011 at 9:35am
This movie was included here:
[TUBE]FXVkJsX5xeo[/TUBE]
Any thoughts?

-------------
You can follow me http://www.twitter.com/@Vits_Chile - @Vits_Chile

Print Page | Close Window