Print Page | Close Window

SCI-FI MOVIE from Zucker??

Printed From: Official RAZZIEŽ Forum
Category: General MOVIE & DVD Discussions
Forum Name: Movies in General...
Forum Discription: Dis and pan the movies with critics & moviegoers alike.
URL: http://www.razzies.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=3560
Printed Date: November 26 2014 at 6:10am

Topic: SCI-FI MOVIE from Zucker??
Posted By: dEd Grimley
Subject: SCI-FI MOVIE from Zucker??
Date Posted: April 01 2009 at 4:39pm
Oh yea... Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but I was on David Zucker's IMDB page the other day, looking at The Kentucky Fried Movie... There's a "Sci-Fi Movie" in the works... Although Sci-Fi movie spoofs have been done a tonz. It appears to be Seltzerberg free, but I'm not sure that's going to matter.

Replies:
Posted By: Michaels
Date Posted: April 01 2009 at 4:52pm

Oh well, so long as Seltzerberg aren't attached, maybe there's nothing to worry about.

-------------
"Just once I want my life to be like an 80's movie ... but, no, no. John Hughes did not direct my life." ("Easy A", 2010)

Posted By: CriticalFrank
Date Posted: April 02 2009 at 9:42am
Looking at the IMDB page, there is nothing saying that Seltzerberg ISN'T attached (or should that more accurately be "aren't"... damned name amalgamation...makes my head hurt) In fact, I don't see ANYONE attached other then Zucker/Netter Productions, and the Weinstein company is set to distribute...

So, I'm thinking that someone just came up with that title... And IMDB posted a page for it...

-------------
Life's short and hard, like a body-building elf - Bloodhound Gang

Posted By: SchumacherH8ter
Date Posted: April 02 2009 at 12:48pm
Sci-fi spoofs don't work anymore. The only sci-fi spoof that I'd consider seeing is "Spaceballs 2: The Search For More Money".

-------------
I'm the Goddamn Batman.-All-Star Batman And Robin #2
https://twitter.com/Scott_DAgostino
Upcoming reviews: http://www.razzies.com/forum/topic7513.html

Date Posted: April 03 2009 at 1:35am

Originally posted by SchumacherH8ter

Sci-fi spoofs don't work anymore. The only sci-fi spoof that I'd consider seeing is "Spaceballs 2: The Search For More Money".

Agreed!

Posted By: saturnwatcher
Date Posted: April 03 2009 at 10:28am
Most Hollywood sci-fi films are appalling self-parodies anyway. Effective parody relies heavily upon attacking a subject that isn't crap to start with.

-------------
Nine times out of ten, in art as in life, there is no truth to be discovered, only an error to be exposed.--H.L. Menken

Date Posted: April 03 2009 at 11:13am

Originally posted by saturnwatcher

Most Hollywood sci-fi films are appalling self-parodies anyway. Effective parody relies heavily upon attacking a subject that isn't crap to start with.

So in other words, in order to have a good sci-fi parody, H-Wood must take aim of "2001: A Space Odyssey", since that was the most serious and science based sci-fi movie of all time?

Posted By: SchumacherH8ter
Date Posted: April 03 2009 at 3:27pm

H-Wood already did a "2001" parody; it was called "2001: A Space Travesty". And a travesty it was.

-------------
I'm the Goddamn Batman.-All-Star Batman And Robin #2
https://twitter.com/Scott_DAgostino
Upcoming reviews: http://www.razzies.com/forum/topic7513.html

Date Posted: April 03 2009 at 4:00pm

H-Wood already did a "2001" parody; it was called "2001: A Space Travesty". And a travesty it was.

Funny how H-Wood works, honoring itself with the Oscars, only to trash itself with bad self-parody movies. It's like it has its own form of bipolar disorder. 

Posted By: CriticalFrank
Date Posted: April 04 2009 at 12:06am
Originally posted by Michaels

Funny how H-Wood works, honoring itself with the Oscars, only to trash itself with bad self-parody movies. It's like it has its own form of bipolar disorder. 

Hollywood went of it's meds. I keep trying to make sure Hollywood takes the meds, but the voices tell it that the meds are poison...

-------------
Life's short and hard, like a body-building elf - Bloodhound Gang

Posted By: dEd Grimley
Date Posted: April 04 2009 at 3:29am

Yea, and not only that, it had Zucker's answer to Tim Burton's Johnny Depp in Leslie Nielsen. It wouldn't surprise me to see them force LN in yet again. I don't know about any of you, but you gotta feel bad for Leslie Nielsen. As he's said himself, "I'm not a funny guy... I go and deliver my lines in an unfunny way" but it works, and he just hasn't been able to work his schtick in years.

Posted By: saturnwatcher
Date Posted: April 04 2009 at 2:09pm
The obvious parody scene from 2001 has always been missed...as soon as the proto-humans were given the idea of using tools for hunting and defense and what not, the very first thing they would have done would have been to fashion a club and beat the Monolith into dust.

-------------
Nine times out of ten, in art as in life, there is no truth to be discovered, only an error to be exposed.--H.L. Menken

Posted By: curl
Date Posted: February 16 2011 at 3:36am
Twilight is the best sci fi movie this year. They did a great come back after last one. 

Posted By: BurnHollywoodBurn
Date Posted: February 16 2011 at 10:40am
Originally posted by curl

Twilight is the best sci fi movie this year. They did a great come back after last one. 
Clearly, you didn't seen enough sci-fi movies in that said year.

-------------
The Four Horsemen of the Moviepocalypse: uncalled for sequels/remakes/reboots, 3-D surcharges, untalented "celebrities", and anything with Michael Bay's name attached to it.

Posted By: curl
Date Posted: March 02 2011 at 10:36pm
Most of the hollywood movies are based on the sci fi theme and recent updates of IMDB says that Twilight and Harry Potter claims to be the best movie that I had ever seen. Well lets find out what other think about those movies. 

-------------

Posted By: jerrylewis
Date Posted: May 06 2011 at 2:58am
Yes, this is a good choice to choose sci-fi movies for our entertainment. If you are the fan of sci-fi movies, then try to see more of them. You will get some different touches from each movie.  

Posted By: bravodwayne
Date Posted: May 19 2011 at 5:07am

Next Generic Spoof: Sci-Fi Movie

Posted By: rickpanesar
Date Posted: May 30 2011 at 1:10am
Well it should still be good with Zucker on board. After all he was a part of the comic gem Airplane. Hopefully it won't be a gross out, because I am kind of tired of those.

Print Page | Close Window