Print Page | Close Window

Hannah, Montana, Banana-Fannah...

Printed From: Official RAZZIE® Forum
Category: FORUMS on 30th RAZZIES Choices
Forum Name: HANNAH MONTANA: THE MOVIE
Forum Discription: "Winner" of 1 RAZZIE® for WORST SUPPORTING ACTOR (Billy Ray Cyrus)
URL: http://www.razzies.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=3567
Printed Date: December 21 2014 at 1:37pm

Topic: Hannah, Montana, Banana-Fannah...
Posted By: HeadRAZZBerry
Subject: Hannah, Montana, Banana-Fannah...
Date Posted: April 06 2009 at 4:34am

MAYBE the APOCOLYPSE ISN'T GONNA BE THIS YEAR AFTER ALL: IN a HOPEFUL SIGN for TEENAGE POP CULTURE, the http://finance.yahoo.com/news/Hannah-Montana-The-Movie-bw-14665688.html - for THIS COUNTRY-FLAVORED BIG-SCREEN RE-INCARNATION of ONE of DIZZ-KNEE CHANNEL's MOST IRKSOME 'TWEEN IDOLS DEBUTED with SALES ABOUT HALF of WHAT HER PREVIOUS CD SOLD. 

NOT THAT the ALBUM and http://www.razzies.com/forum/forum_topics.asp?FID=349 -  WON'T STILL BE HUGELY PROFITABLE, SINCE THEY'RE BOTH MAKE-a-FAST-BUCK AFFAIRS THAT WERE DESIGNED to BE MONEY-MAKERS NO MATTER WHAT.

AND, NO MATTER WHAT 11-YEAR-OLD GIRLS MAY SAY in HER DEFENSE, WE CAN'T STAND MUCH MORE of MILEY/HANNAH (ESPECIALLY IF SHE's GONNA "GO COUNTRY" ON US). AS FAR AS WE'RE CONCERNED, the MUSIC from THIS FILM IS the ONLY SERIOUS CHALLENGER to http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-1WSPAvT7qE&feature=related - to RANK AS WORST COUNTRY MUSIC ALBUM of ALL TIME (AND, YES, WE KNOW THAT to MANY of YOU, THAT's KINDA REDUNDANT).

SO HERE's YER CHANCE to GIT OUT YER WHOPPIN' STICK an' GO AFTER HANNAH/MILEY REAL GOOD.

ENJOY YER-SELVES, NOW, YA HEAR?!?!  

MILEY: "So, did you want me to sang like I actually know what I'ma doin', or kin I jess do what I been doin' all along..."

CHELSOM: "I don't know which is more embarassing -- That http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0141907/awards -

-------------
Ye Olde Head RAZZberry

Replies:
Posted By: dEd Grimley
Date Posted: April 06 2009 at 6:15am
Do I go after that Hannah girl or the Miley girl... I just don't know! I wish that there were only one of them!

Posted By: Michaels
Date Posted: April 06 2009 at 8:24am
Any director who claims that Miley Cryus is Oscar worthy should get a Worst Director nod based on that remark alone! 

-------------
"Just once I want my life to be like an 80's movie ... but, no, no. John Hughes did not direct my life." ("Easy A", 2010)

Posted By: moviewizguy
Date Posted: April 06 2009 at 12:04pm
This movie will break box office records -- Trust me!

-------------

Date Posted: April 06 2009 at 12:32pm

All of us here on this Folrum are hoping it'll break a box office record, too. The one that was set by "Bangkok Dangerous" -- meaning the lowest opening week ever.

Hey, we can dream, can't we?

-------------
"Just once I want my life to be like an 80's movie ... but, no, no. John Hughes did not direct my life." ("Easy A", 2010)

Date Posted: April 06 2009 at 1:09pm
Honestly, I have high hopes for this movie doing only mediocre with the recent non-hits from their live action movies. It'll do alright, I'm sure.

Posted By: CriticalFrank
Date Posted: April 06 2009 at 6:28pm

I'm hoping this film will be a huge bomb, then hopefully the powers that be will finally stop making this crap...

More than likely, they'd still green light a sequel.

-------------
Life's short and hard, like a body-building elf - Bloodhound Gang

Date Posted: April 07 2009 at 1:02am
Here's something fun I just saw. For some reason, Rotten Tomatoes did a "5 favorite films with Billy Ray Cyrus." Pretty predictable: Bonnie and Clyde, Good bad n ugly, Horse Whisperer... Blue Velvet...? and then... TWILIGHT?!!

Date Posted: April 07 2009 at 9:48am
As for moiewizguy's claim that this movie will break box office records ... that's impossible. All B.O. records are owned by either by "Titanic" and "The Dark Knight". The only record "Hannah Montana" can win is biggest opening in April, that's it. In order to break any of record owned by "T" or "TDK", "HM" has to open with a $20 million on a midnight showing. I doubt any parents will let their kids stay up that late on a school night. Then, the movie would have to make $50 million on the opening Saturday and Sunday, for a total of a $120 opening weekend. After that, "HM" will have to stay #1 for the next two months (not possible with "Wolverine" around the corner) and only drop each week by 20% (not possible with this trend of movies dropping by 50% the next week). The end result would be a grand American total of $550 million, and an global take of $500 million (not possible, as Hannah Montana fever is only an American problem). The truth: the movie will only make anywhere between $80-100 million opening weekend, and will leave theaters at a modest $200 million, if that. End of story.

Date Posted: April 07 2009 at 11:47am
Well, technically, he DID just say a rather generic "records" which could mean "Biggest opening for a not-really-that-musical-musical" or anything like that.

Posted By: saturnwatcher
Date Posted: April 07 2009 at 2:29pm

I have an idea...I'm almost afraid to post it...Disney just might do this:

High School Musical 4 starring....Miley Cyrus. Miguel thinks that this Hannah movie will break box-office records...no it won't. But if you think the above wouldn't make a jillion dollars....

-------------
Nine times out of ten, in art as in life, there is no truth to be discovered, only an error to be exposed.--H.L. Menken

Posted By: sportsartist24
Date Posted: April 07 2009 at 3:34pm

I think it most likely won't make it past $150 million anyway. In fact, I'm not expecting this to be a B.O. hit, but then, I'm no predicture of the future, 'cause the future comes to us unexpectedly.

-------------
The Mormons were'nt really popular in the beginning, they're now becoming more popular, even in Hollywood.

Date Posted: April 07 2009 at 7:01pm
I am hoping this one might get lost in a somewhat crowded barrage of New Releases...

I'm praying to the Box Office gods right now... I will go see that damned Dragon Ball movie, if the Hannah Montana BS will just end already...

Hell, I'll see the Dragon Ball movie TWICE if it means an end to HM...

-------------

Posted By: RoadDogXVIII
Date Posted: April 08 2009 at 5:00am
MiguelAntilisu is going to cum buckets when he sees this. He claimed this was gonna be the death of the Disney Channel.

Want proof:
* Recent releases based on Disney's latest trends suffered poor ticket sales - High School Musical 3 recieved a gross of $90,556,401 (despite a long stay in the box office), while Jonas Brothers: The 3D Concert Experience not only couldn't beat a Tyler Perry film, but spent 5 weeks in theaters and made only $19,161,363.
* Miley Cyrus caught up in a photo scandal - She did a poor impersonation of a Chinese stereotype.
* Venomous hate from former Disney fans - They think Disney's out to swindle parents out of money, which ain't such a good idea in the case of our unstable economy. That I'm not too sure of, but it's a popular argument in the YouTube message boards.
* Miley's cancerous comic timing and musical "talents" - Like Brenda Song, she thinks she's the Lucille Ball of the Teen Beat generation, and her songs sound like something out of a Kidz Bop album. You wanna throw something at her instead of falling for her.
* Small buzz - For a film based on a highly marketable property (Hannah Montana sh*t is everywhere), Disney waited until now to release TV spots. And at RottenTomatoes, there aren't many reviews posted, just two from Variety and Hollywood Reporter.
* Poor soundtrack scales - Like HeadRAZZ said, the soundtrack debuted with sales about half of what Hannah's previous record sold. I could care less which one that was.
* The scene where Hannah and Tyra Banks fight over shoes - Tyra is making Oprah Winfrey money, so I don't think she should be making an ass out of herself appearing in one of the most cringe-worthy scenes ever. Who knew stuff like this was acceptable these days?
* Sappy - I saw some of the dramatic scenes in the trailer, and boy, was I ready to put a bullet in my head. Oh, and Billy Ray Cyrus = lousy actor.
* Jason Earles (Jackson) gets an older love interest - Melora Hardin, 41, plays the object of affection for Miley's bro. This one is TOO easy.
* Vanessa Williams - In a blatant rip-off of last year's Sex and the City movie, Miley Cyrus gets a sassy black assistant. This time, it's one of the stars of Ugly Betty.

That's pretty much all the bases covered.

-------------
You think you know, but you have no idea.

Date Posted: April 08 2009 at 9:44am
And here's another reason:

* Bad Reviews - Just got back from RT, and it's sitting at 29%. Though some of the bad reviews like the film. We'll see.

-------------

Posted By: Headbanger14
Date Posted: April 09 2009 at 3:07am

I swear if Cyrus doesn't got Razzies for Worst Actress, I'm going to puke. She can't sing, can't act and is the biggest attention whore since Britney.

I'm already steaming that Disaster Movie and Star Wars: Clone Wars didn't win at the last Awards. If Cyrus doesn't win the next one, I've given up hope.

Date Posted: April 09 2009 at 4:01am
Oops, I made a mistake earlier. Melora Hardin plays the love interest to Billy Ray Cyrus, not Jason Earles. Well, that removes the pedophilia from the film, but it doesn't make it any better.

By the way, here's a review that accurately matches our opinions. Circa Metromix:

The buzz: How did Disney form a comedic musical franchise around a washed-up, non-funny country singer and his daughter—who can barely sing and whose acting style makes Amanda Bynes look subtle? (Makes you fear for what else the company is capable of.) At least Hannah gives five-year-old girls a lunchbox icon who isn't Britney Spears.

The verdict: Brilliant comic ideas include the explosion of a cake, the tipping of a ladder and the disappearance of a ferret. Sure, the careless, laugh-free "Hannah Montana" doesn't deliver any negative messages. But it also doesn't teach youngsters a gosh darn thing about honesty or family, and it doesn't even give Hannah/Miley any identifiable characteristics for girls to admire. (Quick, name three of her personality traits! Not so easy, is it?) No, this is nothing but an impersonal product manipulating kids who don't know better. All "Hannah Montana" does is steal their lunch money.

Did you know? If you can survive the following moments, you are either under the age of six or have superhuman patience: Hannah and Tyra Banks wrestling over shoes; Miley switching bowls to trick a tabloid reporter into eating super spicy salsa; and Miley leading a group in the "Hoedown Throwdown," a hip hop-meets-country line dance declaring, "Pop it, lock it and polka dot it." That is just so wrong.

NOTE: At least Amanda Bynes is TOLERABLE.

-------------

Date Posted: April 09 2009 at 2:51pm

Yeah, that review is spot-on. Leave it to Disney to create this piece of crap and somehow have it end up a huge hit, thanks to the great American hype machine (and the power of children not knowing any better).

At least Amanda Bynes is not being shoved down our throats on a daily basis as being the greatest thing to happen to the enertainment industry in recent memory. All signs point to his movie bombing, so let's hope so. I foresee a first week box office take of only $10-20 million (in a perfect world, it would go the way of "12 Rounds" and make $5 million or less). I expect this one to drop off the face of the Earth rather quickly. There is one good thing that has come from all this: it was already decided that there will be no sequel. Gasp, H-Wood created a stand-alone movie! I thought such a thing never happened any more!

-------------

Date Posted: April 10 2009 at 9:06am
It will disappear, believe me. Come May, and we'll soon see a number of films that will take Hannah Montana down for sure. Terminator Salvation (the latest trailer with the NIN music did it for me), Up (Pixar!), and X-Men Origins: Wolverine (here's hoping there's a semblance of classic 20th Century Fox to make the film successful; I don't see emo Rogue, and Ryan Reynolds was born to play Deadpool).

By the way, how about Zac Efron's new film 17 Again getting strong reviews? WTF is that? It's not set in stone, though.

-------------

Date Posted: April 10 2009 at 9:41am

I just went over to RT, and was surprised by the immensely positive reviews for 17 Again. I knew they would be positive but not this positive! The film looks funny, and sweet ,too. However, the 94,353,897 commercials coming on TV 24/7 are annoying me...

Originally posted by RoadDogXVIII

By the way, how about Zac Efron's new film 17 Again getting strong reviews? WTF is that? It's not set in stone, though.

-------------

Date Posted: April 10 2009 at 5:47pm
Let's see tomorrow how much it has made at the Box Office for Friday. It's gonna be mostly girls, little and teen, who may go see this. Ugh! Not my 13-year-old sister though. But you all know about that, and I don't really want to tell ya 100 times.

-------------
The Mormons were'nt really popular in the beginning, they're now becoming more popular, even in Hollywood.

Date Posted: April 11 2009 at 12:36am
Originally posted by RoadDogXVIII

It will disappear, believe me. Come May, and we'll soon see a number of films that will take Hannah Montana down for sure. <span style="font-style: italic;">Terminator Salvation</span> (the latest trailer with the NIN music did it for me), <span style="font-style: italic;">Up</span> (Pixar!), and <span style="font-style: italic;">X-Men Origins: Wolverine</span> (here's hoping there's a semblance of classic 20th Century Fox to make the film successful; I don't see emo Rogue, and Ryan Reynolds was born to play Deadpool).By the way, how about Zac Efron's new film <span style="font-style: italic;">17 Again</span> getting strong reviews? WTF is that? It's not set in stone, though.

17 Again looks like one of the... well, great movies-that-I-don't-want-to-see of all time. Just... awful.

Date Posted: April 11 2009 at 5:55am

Hannah grossed $17 million opening day... 

Originally posted by sportsartist24

Let's see tomorrow how much it has made at the Box Office for Friday. It's gonna be mostly girls, little and teen, who may go see this. Ugh! Not my 13-year-old sister though. But you all know about that, and I don't really want to tell ya 100 times.

-------------

Date Posted: April 11 2009 at 10:43am
The top spot of the week is going to be between "Fast & Furious" and "Hannah Montana". If I had to choose between the lesser of two evils for the win, I would have to guess "F&F".

Posted By: MiguelAntilsu
Date Posted: April 11 2009 at 12:20pm

Look at how many loony bin reviews have been posted on RT: 30.  Have these critics finally cracked?

I'm just hoping that this wins Worst Picture, Worst Actress (Miley Cyrus), Worst Screen Couple (Miley Cyrus and her alias), and Worst Director (Peter Chelsom).

Posted By: wolfee37
Date Posted: April 11 2009 at 5:45pm
"Whether it's because of some innate talent or a life spent in the spotlight, Miley Cyrus is a genuine star, and carries the movie with her G-rated energy and approachable charm."

Unlike all of you I actually do my research on films. Miley is getting great reviews for this film, and the film itself isn't gettign that bad. I really need to create my own razzies and do it properly. You guys NEVER get it right and sh*t like this pisses me off. You judge books by their covers and dont even bother giving the film a chance. Razzies shoudl be a great and funt hing but you guys have no idea what your doing. Please send me an email and I will do it properly.

Date Posted: April 11 2009 at 5:53pm
Originally posted by MiguelAntilsu

Look at how many loony bin reviews have been posted on RT: 30.  Have these critics finally cracked?

I'm just hoping that this wins Worst Picture, Worst Actress (Miley Cyrus), Worst Screen Couple (Miley Cyrus and her alias), and Worst Director (Peter Chelsom).

Have you actually seen the film? No? Ok you have no opinion.

Date Posted: April 12 2009 at 12:43am
Uh-oh... Someone's got MWG syndrome. And is most likely younger than him, too.

Do my research, eh? I watch Hannah Montana every Saturday (not by choice). I know exactly what the show is like. I can tell you right now, more Billy Ray doesn't make the movie better... I'd have to argue it's quite the opposite. Hannah Montana is riddled with adolescent over-acting.
Furthermore, most of us Razzers are very much in touch with fellow pessimistic movie site, Rotten Tomatoes (pessimistic in name, that is). The following is the review consensus of those collected:
Consensus: While youthful Miley fans won't complain, Hannah Montana the Movie is little more than a formulaic Disney Channel episode stretched thin.
Now, one might contend that a 46% is much higher than we here might expect, and indeed, 46% would be an awfully high rating to Razz. Buuuuut, the majority of the reviews would lead us to believe that it's an elongated episode of the show... Like a 3-parter.
I'll be the first to admit, sadly, that I have no intention of seeing the film. I'm a 27 year old male with a strong code of not dating anyone under the age of 18, so Miley Cyrus doesn't hold much appeal for me. But having not seen the movie, and sitting through at least 3 episodes of the show lead me to believe I can know what to expect.

Date Posted: April 12 2009 at 10:35am

The bad news: the movie made over $30 million. DAMN IT!

The good news: at least there will not be a sequel.

The better news: the movie now has no where to go but downhill in the box office.

The best news: we can still Razz the hell out of it!

Date Posted: April 12 2009 at 3:49pm
Originally posted by Michaels

The bad news: the movie made over $30 million. DAMN IT!

The good news: at least there will not be a sequel.

The better news: the movie now has no where to go but downhill in the box office.

The best news: we can still Razz the hell out of it!

No... Wait... We can't... We don't know what we're talking about...

-------------
-Iron helps us play-

Date Posted: April 14 2009 at 3:27pm
$32 million domestically, but eventually, we all know those numbers are starting to drop alright...

-------------

Date Posted: April 14 2009 at 3:54pm

[/QUOTE]

No... Wait... We can't... We don't know what we're talking about...[/QUOTE]

You dont. If you want an example about how you guys have no idea what your doing...

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm3130063/ - Natalya Rudakova  in Transporter 3. Worst Perfomance in any film EVER.  Than the wonderful Julie Walters who gave an over the top and fukcing annoying perfomance in the equally annoying Mamma Mia. And do they get nomianted? No. But Paris Hilton did for a decent perfomance. Carmen Electra was nomianted too but for a two minute role. The only two that was actually deserved was http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0005447/ - Leelee Sobieski  and Kim Kardashian. 

Oh and here are other things you completely snubbed and actually deserving...

Jumper

Vantage Point

Freebird

27 Dresses

Shutter

Miracle at St. Anna

The Mummy: Tomb of the Dragon Emperor

Semi Pro

The Spirit

Witless Protection (of course only McCarthy is nominated)

You Dont mess Wiith The Zohan (and I like Adam Sandler)

Babylon AD

Oh and the worst of the worst;

The Killing of John Lennon

Chapter 27

Hounddog

Deception

Delgo

Untracable

10000 BC

One Missed Call

Seriosuly how did One Missed Call, 10000BC, and Deception get off scott free? Makes no SENSE.

Date Posted: April 14 2009 at 5:40pm
Originally posted by wolfee37

Natalya Rudakova in Transporter 3. Worst Perfomance in any film EVER.  Than the wonderful Julie Walters who gave an over the top and fukcing annoying perfomance in the equally annoying Mamma Mia. And do they get nomianted? No. But Paris Hilton did for a decent perfomance. Carmen Electra was nomianted too but for a two minute role. The only two that was actually deserved was http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0005447/ - - Leelee Sobieski[/COLOR -  and Kim Kardashian. 

Oh and here are other things you completely snubbed and actually deserving...

Jumper

Vantage Point

Freebird

27 Dresses

Shutter

Miracle at St. Anna

The Mummy: Tomb of the Dragon Emperor

Semi Pro

The Spirit

Witless Protection (of course only McCarthy is nominated)

You Dont mess Wiith The Zohan (and I like Adam Sandler)

Babylon AD

Oh and the worst of the worst;

The Killing of John Lennon

Chapter 27

Hounddog

Deception

Delgo

Untracable

10000 BC

One Missed Call

Seriosuly how did One Missed Call, 10000BC, and Deception get off scott free? Makes no SENSE.

Some of those were nominated. Some were on the nominating ballot, but were passed over because they were too forgettable or inconsequential. And then some of those are from the wrong year. Also, please try to refrain from holding down the "Enter" key before pressing "Post Reply."

-------------
-Iron helps us play-

Date Posted: April 15 2009 at 2:34am

Whatever guys. Nominate Miley Cyrus despite her gettng good reviews. Nominate her just because you don't like her. I am cool with it, and I am sure Miley is laughing all the way to the bank.

Date Posted: April 15 2009 at 2:59am
Yea, seriously... Are you actually 12?
But no, she's not going to win the award, and probably won't end up on the ballot. She's not getting "good" reviews. If you want to put it that way, you can take any movie that has 2 positive reviews and say, "It's getting good reviews."
Rest assured though, your hopefully legal crush probably won't even be nominated in the end, but IS bad enough to make fun of for the time being.

-------------
-Iron helps us play-

Date Posted: April 15 2009 at 9:24am
Originally posted by dEd Grimley

But no, she's not going to win the award, and probably won't end up on the ballot. She's not getting "good" reviews. If you want to put it that way, you can take any movie that has 2 positive reviews and say, "It's getting good reviews."
Rest assured though, your hopefully legal crush probably won't even be nominated in the end, but IS bad enough to make fun of for the time being.

Don't make fun of the 12 year olds... they'll go cry to their mom and dad. Then we'll have to get a "stern talking to". Better to just let them have their say, and smile and nod....

And as far as Miley goes, she could still get the nomination... just depends on how awful the rest of the year is. :)

-------------

Date Posted: April 15 2009 at 12:00pm
It's never not that bad.

-------------
-Iron helps us play-

Date Posted: April 15 2009 at 12:19pm

It's never not that bad.

Never not that bad? So it is that bad? or am I mis-translating my double negatives here? :)

-------------

Date Posted: April 15 2009 at 2:07pm
Well you're certainly not re-misunderstanding the initial non-comprehension. It's clearly not an unwrong translation.

-------------
-Iron helps us play-

Date Posted: April 15 2009 at 2:56pm
Never not that bad!? I have been thinking you are saying it's good. Well, I don't agree with you on that.

-------------

Date Posted: April 15 2009 at 5:12pm

I completely understand and agree with the "Never not that bad" statement. dEd is right...a lot worse stuff is out there waiting.

We can bag this Hannah Montana stuff til the cows come home, for a lot of legitimate reasons, but there is an audience out there for it. I have a confession to make at this point; the fact that Hannah/Miley has a decent sized audience bothers me a lot less than the fact that there was a similar sized audience for that last Rambo atrocity. Of course, I exclude that small portion of the Miley audience that includes the old guys in raincoats, but I'm pretty scared by all those Rambo people.

-------------
Nine times out of ten, in art as in life, there is no truth to be discovered, only an error to be exposed.--H.L. Menken

Date Posted: April 15 2009 at 5:52pm

No I am sixteen. And I am sure 90% of twelve year olds are not as stuborn as you are. Its more than two reviews and you know it but your trying to spin the story around with a lame insult and an incorrect statment. I, unlike you read at least fifteen reviews for each movie that comes out, just to get different opinions. And fourteen out of the fifteen said Miley carriers the film and is charming. They also say she will be able to have a long career once 'Hannah Montana' is done. So there you go...maybe next time do your research ebfore judging a film.

Date Posted: April 16 2009 at 12:10am

No I am sixteen. And I am sure 90% of twelve year olds are not as stuborn as you are. Its more than two reviews and you know it but your trying to spin the story around with a lame insult and an incorrect statment. I, unlike you read at least fifteen reviews for each movie that comes out, just to get different opinions. And fourteen out of the fifteen said Miley carriers the film and is charming. They also say she will be able to have a long career once 'Hannah Montana' is done. So there you go...maybe next time do your research ebfore judging a film.

Folks, I think it's time for an RT Roundup!
  http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/hannah_montana_the_movie/articles/1812967/the_film_is_absolutely_functional_and_deserves_no_praise_greater_than_its_no_worse_than_it_ought_to_be" rel="nofollow -
"The film is absolutely functional, and deserves no praise greater than "it's no worse than it ought to be"

'Real life' as envisioned by folks whose idea of such was obviously cobbled together from the more backward examples of 1950s sitcoms."

"More Hee Haw than ha ha (kids, ask your parents or grandparents) Hannah Montana: The Movie is like the Hannah Montana TV show only longer. Way longer."

"Nice, clean entertainment but maybe too sweet for anyone over twelve "

"If you guys don't mind, I'm gonna add a little hip-hop to this hoedown,' announces Miley, contributing a quote to the culture that needs to be sampled, pronto"

"Thin as a flip-flop and as complicated as a scrunchy, the plot is barely enough for half a movie. At the 45-minute point, things are pretty much wrapped up."

...Do I need to continue? Granted, of the first 20 reviews I see, 9 of them do have a positive spin... the majority are negative....

So, if 14 of the 15 reviews you read were positive, I'm thinking you are picking and choosing your reviews. Either that, or you are getting reviews out of the Disney Channel magazine....

-------------

Date Posted: April 16 2009 at 1:59am

1. Allow me to assure you that dEd probably reads at least 15 or more reviews for most of the films discussed here (or at the very least an adequate number to spot the trend). He always impresses me as being well informed, whether or not we agree on a particular film or point.

2. Miley "carriers" the film?

3. My guess is that Miley will have a long career pretty much in the same way that Lindsay Lohen and Brittany Spears are having extended stays in the public eye. It won't have much to do with her performing "talents" but she'll keep herself in the limelight. Let's hope I'm wrong on that one, and she simply fades into obscurity without fanfare. However, I'm willing to bet she isn't going to be a long term success in popular music.  I dare say that her shot at being a long term success in that field is superior to your probability of finding success as an English major. Carriers?

4. Most 12 year-olds are considerably more stubborn than the regulars on this board. We have the capacity to admit when we are wrong (in this case, we probably aren't, although this film is unlikely to receive any Razzies). In my experience, the average 12 year-old sincerely believes he/she is never wrong about anything. Typically, they don't improve much with 4 extra years of vintage.

5. For the record, the Hannah movie has a 45% rating at RT, a comprehensive collection of reviews from around the country. That is probably too many positive reviews for us to seriously consider this movie, BUT, it also means that more than half of all the reviews the movie is getting are unfavorable. As Frank pointed out, if 14 out of 15 reviews you've seen for this film are positive, you either managed to defy the odds or your sources are as selective as the political conservatives who derive all of their information from talk radio and Fox News.

-------------

Date Posted: April 16 2009 at 9:36am
Yes, Wolfee, there's a site, as I've said, called "RottenTomatoes" that rounds up as many reviews as they possibly can, and based upon whether or not the review is deemed positive, greater than a 5/10, it's counted as Fresh or Rotten. They count the total number of Fresh and Rotten reviews, and give you a percentage of how many were positive and negative.

Now the others have pointed out how well it's done on RT, as have I. I clearly have done my research, and if you'll note, I was just assed enough to actually put an HTML inflection on a word, which I almost never do. But I've said I checked my work on RT before, going on about how the 46% that it had at the time was higher than we had expected.
Look, bud,you're not understanding me, and taking what I'm saying personal. I'm trying to play fairly nice here. When I say that it takes two reviews to be able to say good review(s), I'm talking about the fact that it takes more than one thing to make something plural, not that there were only 2 positive reviews. IF there were only 2 positive reviews, you could say, "it's getting good reviews."

And to finally clarify "It's never not that bad" was meant to imply that there's never been a year in which we got the worst out by April. There's plenty of crap still to come in '09, we're still in a recession, and H-Wood still needs guaranteed moneymakers.

-------------
-Iron helps us play-

Date Posted: April 16 2009 at 10:07am

And to finally clarify "It's never not that bad" was meant to imply that there's never been a year in which we got the worst out by April. There's plenty of crap still to come in '09, we're still in a recession, and H-Wood still needs guaranteed moneymakers.

Well...you never know, there is a first time for everything, right? Maybe the rest of the year will be filled with Oscar contenders, and we won't get the 7000th Medea Film, or Saw 23, or any of a million other franchises that seem to pop up constantly.

But you're probably right... Medea Goes to the Buffet is probably due out in like August or something... Miley will have to forego her Razzie again this year.

Maybe next year Miley... :)

-------------

Date Posted: April 16 2009 at 12:25pm
Will Medea win a worst actor or actress though?

-------------
-Iron helps us play-

Date Posted: April 16 2009 at 12:28pm

Both! I mean, wasn't Eddie Murphy nominated in both categories for Norbit? (I should really study my nominations better.)

And I wonder... Whan Medea went to Jail, do you think she ran into Ernest?

-------------

Date Posted: April 16 2009 at 12:36pm

Originally posted by CriticalFrank

Well...you never know, there is a first time for everything, right? Maybe the rest of the year will be filled with Oscar contenders, and we won't get the 7000th Medea Film, or Saw 23, or any of a million other franchises that seem to pop up constantly.

Yeah, and maybe flying monkeys will come shooting out of my....aah, never mind

-------------

Date Posted: April 16 2009 at 12:39pm
Originally posted by saturnwatcher

Yeah, and maybe flying monkeys will come shooting out of my....aah, never mind

Flying monkeys! Yeah, the world needs more of those. I am writing to Hollywood immediately, and demanding a 100% increase in the number of flying monkeys in movies!

-------------

Date Posted: April 16 2009 at 1:48pm

Both! I mean, wasn't Eddie Murphy nominated in both categories for Norbit? (I should really study my nominations better.)And I wonder... Whan Medea went to Jail, do you think she ran into Ernest?

Yes... Then they saved Christmas.

-------------
-Iron helps us play-

Date Posted: April 17 2009 at 12:17am

Both! I mean, wasn't Eddie Murphy nominated in both categories for Norbit? (I should really study my nominations better.)And I wonder... Whan Medea went to Jail, do you think she ran into Ernest?

Yes... Then they saved Christmas.

So now I know who to blame for saving that day... Curse you Ernest and Medea!

-------------

Date Posted: April 17 2009 at 8:49am

1. Allow me to assure you that dEd probably reads at least 15 or more reviews for most of the films discussed here (or at the very least an adequate number to spot the trend). He always impresses me as being well informed, whether or not we agree on a particular film or point.

2. Miley "carriers" the film?

3. My guess is that Miley will have a long career pretty much in the same way that Lindsay Lohen and Brittany Spears are having extended stays in the public eye. It won't have much to do with her performing "talents" but she'll keep herself in the limelight. Let's hope I'm wrong on that one, and she simply fades into obscurity without fanfare. However, I'm willing to bet she isn't going to be a long term success in popular music.  I dare say that her shot at being a long term success in that field is superior to your probability of finding success as an English major. Carriers?

4. Most 12 year-olds are considerably more stubborn than the regulars on this board. We have the capacity to admit when we are wrong (in this case, we probably aren't, although this film is unlikely to receive any Razzies). In my experience, the average 12 year-old sincerely believes he/she is never wrong about anything. Typically, they don't improve much with 4 extra years of vintage.

5. For the record, the Hannah movie has a 45% rating at RT, a comprehensive collection of reviews from around the country. That is probably too many positive reviews for us to seriously consider this movie, BUT, it also means that more than half of all the reviews the movie is getting are unfavorable. As Frank pointed out, if 14 out of 15 reviews you've seen for this film are positive, you either managed to defy the odds or your sources are as selective as the political conservatives who derive all of their information from talk radio and Fox News.

Ah, saturnwatcher, I always do love it when an underage "critic" gets all high and mighty against us and you easily put them back in line. As for me, I say we vote to razz this movie anyway. But chances are it will go the same way as "High School Musical 3", in which it's listed all over the voting ballots, but never makes the final cut.

Date Posted: April 17 2009 at 11:58am

Ah, saturnwatcher, I always do love it when an underage "critic" gets all high and mighty against us and you easily put them back in line. As for me, I say we vote to razz this movie anyway. But chances are it will go the same way as "High School Musical 3", in which it's listed all over the voting ballots, but never makes the final cut.

But Michaels, we all know that High School Musical 3 was the most bestest super awesome cool movie of the CENTURY (according to the kids choice awards) How could we EVER consider such a high achievement to be Razzable?

...I really hope the sarcasm is obvious... :)

-------------

Date Posted: April 17 2009 at 1:39pm
I now understand the phrase It's never not that bad. And hey, we even spotted a whole bunch of films yet to come out that look like RAZZIE contenders.

-------------

Date Posted: April 17 2009 at 6:32pm
Not all the reiews I read gave the film a positive review but MILEY got good reviews. I am not saying she is going to win awards BUT Miley shouldnt even be conisdered for a razzie.

Date Posted: April 17 2009 at 11:45pm
There won't be any nominations until the end of the year, and I assure you, Miley, just like the movie, will have been long since forgetten for Razzie contention. I tolja ta quit worryin' kid. I'm pretty sure I've brought up the fact that amid Raven Simone and the Sprouses (Spreece?), Miley Cyrus is the least annoying. Her show is about the same. She may even be forced down our throats as long as Brittney has been, too.

-------------
-Iron helps us play-

Date Posted: April 18 2009 at 9:55am
Can't we at least entertain the idea that Miley might get a nomination for a little bit longer? Or at least the movie... I mean it could at least show up on the short list to be nominated, right?

Damn... I had promised that I would do all I could to make sure that the teen queen got her razzie...

-------------

Date Posted: April 18 2009 at 1:29pm
Good news and bad news, guys. Good news: This movie got knocked out at the number 1 spot at the Box Office by 17 Again. Bad News: This movie's still in the top 5 at the Box Office.

-------------

Date Posted: April 18 2009 at 5:56pm

Not all the reiews I read gave the film a positive review but MILEY got good reviews. I am not saying she is going to win awards BUT Miley shouldnt even be conisdered for a razzie.

A careful study of a sample of reviews at RT doesn't really bear out the suggestion that the critics were significantly more impressed with Miley than they were with the movie in general. Nonetheless, the final decision as to whether Miley appears on the preliminary ballot next January will be made by Head Razz and those he looks to for council. The final determination as to whether or not she makes it beyond the preliminary ballot, should she appear on it, will be made by the voting membership, your appeals notwithstanding. In the unlikey event that she ultimately is awarded by this organization, I am confident that the sun will rise majestically the next morning, and civilization will march along as usual. Should that normal process be disrupted, I am confident that it will be an unfortunate concidence unrelated to the actions of this voting membership.

-------------

Date Posted: April 19 2009 at 12:07am

A careful study of a sample of reviews at RT doesn't really bear out the suggestion that the critics were significantly more impressed with Miley than they were with the movie in general. Nonetheless, the final decision as to whether Miley appears on the preliminary ballot next January will be made by Head Razz and those he looks to for council. The final determination as to whether or not she makes it beyond the preliminary ballot, should she appear on it, will be made by the voting membership, your appeals notwithstanding. In the unlikey event that she ultimately is awarded by this organization, I am confident that the sun will rise majestically the next morning, and civilization will march along as usual. Should that normal process be disrupted, I am confident that it will be an unfortunate concidence unrelated to the actions of this voting membership.

Waitaminute there... Are you trying to say that we, the voting members, DON'T control the suns rising? ... I could have sworn I read that in the description of the membership perks...

I'm going to have to destroy all the business cards proclaiming me "Frank God of the Sun."... damn.

-------------

Date Posted: April 19 2009 at 12:47am

Good news and bad news, guys. Good news: This movie got knocked out at the number 1 spot at the Box Office by 17 Again. Bad News: This movie's still in the top 5 at the Box Office.

I don't see how the bad news isn't "17 Again is number 1 at the box office."

-------------
-Iron helps us play-

Date Posted: April 19 2009 at 1:15am

I don't see how the bad news isn't "17 Again is number 1 at the box office."

Because it means Crank 2 ISN'T number 1?

-------------

Date Posted: April 19 2009 at 1:44am
Crank Deux actually has better reviews at RT... In fact, Crank 2's reviews are fairly positive in general. How bout that? I may end up seeing it in the cheap theater after all.

-------------
-Iron helps us play-

Date Posted: April 19 2009 at 4:35am
Yeah, no Worst Movie of the Weak this week. Any guesses what next week's will be? My money is on the one-two punch of "Obsessed" and "Fighting". Gee, how to choose between Beyonce in a rehashing of "Fatal Attraction" and the pretty boy from "Step Up" in a rehashing of "Never Back Down"?

Date Posted: April 19 2009 at 4:37am
Hopefully they kill each other.

-------------
-Iron helps us play-

Date Posted: April 19 2009 at 6:23am

Yes, and hopefully word of mouth will be so strong that "State Of Play" becomes #1. Talk about wishful thinking on my part.

Date Posted: April 19 2009 at 3:33pm

Waitaminute there... Are you trying to say that we, the voting members, DON'T control the suns rising? ... I could have sworn I read that in the description of the membership perks...

I'm going to have to destroy all the business cards proclaiming me "Frank God of the Sun."... damn.

We might control or at least contribute to a few "stars" setting, and of course, the sun IS a star. So, maybe that is a sufficient loophole to enable you to keep your cards.

-------------

Date Posted: April 19 2009 at 3:47pm

We might control or at least contribute to a few "stars" setting, and of course, the sun IS a star. So, maybe that is a sufficient loophole to enable you to keep your cards.

Eeeeeexcellent! You hear that, Sun? You're my puppet... now DANCE!

-------------

Date Posted: April 20 2009 at 12:41am
Ok, all kidding aside though, it's probably not fair that we let this guy go on thinking that we're not going to force Disney to pull her show within the next month. Which we're going to do.

-------------
-Iron helps us play-

Date Posted: April 20 2009 at 6:31am

Ok, all kidding aside though, it's probably not fair that we let this guy go on thinking that we're not going to force Disney to pull her show within the next month. Which we're going to do.

If it were only that easy. Disney will never let go, until it has squeezed every last dollar from her dessicated corpse, and then it will still try one more time...

There is no escape from the House of Mouse... Resistance is Futile.

-------------

Posted By: kelemenmarc
Date Posted: August 18 2009 at 4:06pm
For your RAZZIE Consideration:

Worst Supporting Actor:
Billy Ray Cyrus
Worst Supporting Actor: Lucas Till
Worst Supporting Actor: Jason Earles (The Worst)

-------------
FYC:
Worst Movie: The Bounty Hunter
Worst Actor: Johnny Depp (Alice in Wonderland / The Tourist)

Posted By: movieman
Date Posted: August 21 2009 at 11:02am

I just watched this after helping my cousin with babysitting, and like
"Beverly HIlls Chihuahua," it wasn't as bad as it looked, though that's not saying much.

It's harmless and inoffensive, never getting too sentimental
or too folksy. As for the plot, it plays it safe and doesn't do anything
new. If that's what the audience for this movie wants, I suppose they will get their money's worth.

I know I'm not this movie's targeted audience, but I was able to sit through it without wanting to take my own life. If that's all the filmmakers wanted to accomplish, then I guess it's a success...  

-------------

Date Posted: August 21 2009 at 4:22pm
I was a Spanish major, and thus, I tend to get offended along the same lines as my Mexican brethren, and I could see it being somewhat stereotypical.

-------------
-Iron helps us play-

Posted By: GTAHater767
Date Posted: January 24 2010 at 12:07pm
I was hoping this would get nominated for Worst Picture, but I guess Razzie voters thought Miley and Billy Ray were the only stand-out bad things about it...

-------------

Posted By: kennyshafard
Date Posted: February 24 2010 at 9:43pm
i think the movie is going to do fairly well, because teenagers nowadays tend to fall for tist kind of stuff. Those who actually go to her concerts will definitely go for her movie, as well and later try to imitate their idol miley cryus. 

BTW: World will end in 2012, people...  

RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: From your tone, I can't tell -- will you be disappointed if there is 20013 Tournament of Roses Parade?? 

-------------
http://www.ticketmy.com/theater-tickets/Love-And-Other-Demons/index.php - Love And Other Demons Tickets

Posted By: wateva123
Date Posted: March 07 2010 at 10:20am
OH MY GOSH!! Just leave Miley and her Family AlONE!!! I mean she's at least trying her best! If you dont like her singing then GOOD FOR YOU!! But that doesnt mean you should go around making fun of her singing or acting!!! What do you people want from this girl?? In your opinion, you might think she doent sing well, but i BET you, that she sings WAY better than you ever had!! Miley is a regular girl who LOVES singing and acting, so why are you Monsters attacking her?? I bet if you were in Miley's shoes, you would'nt like to be called names and see your dad get an award for WORST actor and see all these sites with bad comments about YOU!!!!!! She loves singing and acting... SO?? If you dont like her, then DONT listen to her songs, DONT watch her movies, and DONT talk crap 'bout her OK?? Because there are a LOT of people who LOVE miley cyrus including ME!! So back off and let her enjoy her singing/acting carreer, and HER life, which means she can do whatever she wants!!!! DAMN!!!!!

Date Posted: March 07 2010 at 10:24am
DUHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!LOL

Date Posted: March 07 2010 at 10:29am

If it were only that easy. Disney will never let go, until it has squeezed every last dollar from her dessicated corpse, and then it will still try one more time...

There is no escape from the House of Mouse... Resistance is Futile.

WHY ARE YOU MONSTERS TRYING TO RUIN HER LIFE?? A LOT OF PEOPLE LOVE MILEY! IF YOU DONT, THEN OH WELL! HOW OLD R U LITTLE KIDS?? I HOPE YOU KNOW THAT YOUR PISSING PEOPLE OFF, SO DO US ALL A FAVOR AND JUST KEEP YOUR BIG MOUTH SHUT!!! OK??

Date Posted: March 07 2010 at 10:36am

Yes, and hopefully word of mouth will be so strong that "State Of Play" becomes #1. Talk about wishful thinking on my part.

HOPEFULLY YOU TWO KILL EACH OTHER!! THEN THERE WILL BE TWO LESS IDIOTS WHO TALK CRAP 'BOUT MILEY!! AND YES, I DID SAY IDIOTS, SO YOU CAN GO HOME CRYING TO YOUR MOMMY ASKING HER WHY SHE HAD TO BE HIGH WHEN SHE HAD YOU!!

Date Posted: March 07 2010 at 12:23pm
Originally posted by wateva123

HOPEFULLY YOU TWO KILL EACH OTHER!! THEN THERE WILL BE TWO LESS IDIOTS WHO TALK CRAP 'BOUT MILEY!! AND YES, I DID SAY IDIOTS, SO YOU CAN GO HOME CRYING TO YOUR MOMMY ASKING HER WHY SHE HAD TO BE HIGH WHEN SHE HAD YOU!!

Hopefully you learn internet etiquette, and more importantly how to read. "Hopefully they kill each other" was in reference to the movies Fighting and Obsessed.
As for Miley, she's another redneck who was handed a career and a bag full of money because she's considered hot to pre-pubescents.
I don't really see any need to insult you, as you've pretty much ruled out any semblance of coherence and respectability with that little inane, irrelevant rant.

-------------
-Iron helps us play-

Posted By: williamst
Date Posted: March 10 2010 at 11:57am
http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/hannah_montana_the_movie/articles/1828663/fans_will_be_ecstatic_about_mileys_cinematic_adventure_for_everybody_else_the_humour_will_be_cheesy_the_romance_at_a_primary_school_level_but_this_light_nice_movie_is_undeniably_likeable_all_the_same - -

Fans will be ecstatic about Miley's cinematic adventure. For everybody else, the humour will be cheesy, the romance at a primary school level, but this light, nice movie is undeniably likeable all the same.and View Hannah Montana Movie Comment http://blog.80millionmoviesfree.com/in-theaters/watch-hannah-montana-the-movie-online - Hannah Montana The Movie Online

Date Posted: March 10 2010 at 3:29pm
Ok...let me get this straight....Sly Stallone can make a jillion dollars mumbling. At least two members of the Cyrus family are making a jillion dollars writing bad songs, singing them badly and their acting skills are essentially non-existant. Mel Gibson has become fabulously wealthy even though he occasionally spouts political views that would give Hitler wet dreams. Lindsay Lohan and Paris Hilton have become fabulously wealthy being poster children for being skanks. I'm suddenly realizing that somewhere, I made some REALLY bad decisions in my life LOL

-------------

Date Posted: March 10 2010 at 4:37pm
The secret to success in America is making promises to provide a service, collecting for that service, and then not providing that service. If that formula for mediocrity doesn't explain most celebrities, I don't know what does.

-------------
-Iron helps us play-

Date Posted: March 10 2010 at 4:52pm

The secret to success in America is making promises to provide a service, collecting for that service, and then not providing that service. If that formula for mediocrity doesn't explain most celebrities, I don't know what does.

And THAT, dEd Grimley, is what I call flat-out fraud! It's a good thing the RAZZIES exist then, so we can shine unwanted attention on those celebrities' scams.

-------------

Date Posted: March 10 2010 at 5:17pm
*Blows bubbles with his pipe* Yes, yes... quite.

-------------
-Iron helps us play-

Date Posted: March 10 2010 at 5:47pm

Hopefully you learn internet etiquette, and more importantly how to read. "Hopefully they kill each other" was in reference to the movies Fighting and Obsessed.
As for Miley, she's another redneck who was handed a career and a bag full of money because she's considered hot to pre-pubescents.
I don't really see any need to insult you, as you've pretty much ruled out any semblance of coherence and respectability with that little inane, irrelevant rant.

ya! and maybe you should stick your big ass nose in someone else's bizness! OKAY?? 

Date Posted: March 10 2010 at 6:41pm

ya! and maybe you should stick your big ass nose in someone else's bizness! OKAY?? 

You were addressing my comment, and suggested that I die.
Don't you have a bridge to guard, troll?

-------------
-Iron helps us play-

Posted By: BurnHollywoodBurn
Date Posted: March 10 2010 at 8:53pm

Yeah, there's so much love in this forum whenever new people show up.

-------------
The Four Horsemen of the Moviepocalypse: uncalled for sequels/remakes/reboots, 3-D surcharges, untalented "celebrities", and anything with Michael Bay's name attached to it.

Date Posted: March 11 2010 at 3:00pm
Originally posted by BurnHollywoodBurn

In a week or two, they will all move on to whatever they are pissed off about next and we will continue on. Here's what it really boils down to, in my view: At the end of the day, I don't care all that much if people love and idolize Sly Stallone or Miley Cyrus or whover. But they need to deal with the realities that they are elevating trash. No one should try to rationalize that by, for example, trying to compare Last House on the Left with A Clockwork Orange. Wink If that is what a particular person likes, fine. However, the problem is not with those of us who don't like it. Heck, I like Weird Al's movie UHF. It's a piece of crap movie that makes me laugh. Critics hated it. I don't care. I don't mind if most of the rest of the world didn't like it. I don't pretend that I'm on some grander plane of existance or believe I see something in it that most other people don't. I just like it. And that is fine.

-------------

Date Posted: March 11 2010 at 5:34pm

In a week or two, they will all move on to whatever they are pissed off about next and we will continue on. Here's what it really boils down to, in my view: At the end of the day, I don't care all that much if people love and idolize Sly Stallone or Miley Cyrus or whover. But they need to deal with the realities that they are elevating trash. No one should try to rationalize that by, for example, trying to compare Last House on the Left with A Clockwork Orange. Wink If that is what a particular person likes, fine. However, the problem is not with those of us who don't like it. Heck, I like Weird Al's movie UHF. It's a piece of crap movie that makes me laugh. Critics hated it. I don't care. I don't mind if most of the rest of the world didn't like it. I don't pretend that I'm on some grander plane of existance or believe I see something in it that most other people don't. I just like it. And that is fine.
True. If they are blind and want to elevate trash, they will elevate trash. Granted, no one here will agree with them, so they are wasting their time, but hey, they are "argy little bitches", so they'll get over it.

-------------
The Four Horsemen of the Moviepocalypse: uncalled for sequels/remakes/reboots, 3-D surcharges, untalented "celebrities", and anything with Michael Bay's name attached to it.

Date Posted: March 13 2010 at 9:41am

Originally posted by BurnHollywoodBurn

Ya! as a matter of fact i DO!! but umm hey! dont you have to get back at the zoo? im pretty sure in a few minutes we're gonna see ads that keep saying, "WILD ANIMAL THAT LIKES TO TALK SH!T 'BOUT PEOPLE ESCAPED THE ZOO!!!!! RUNNNNN!!!"

Date Posted: March 13 2010 at 2:44pm

Ya! as a matter of fact i DO!! but umm hey! dont you have to get back at the zoo? im pretty sure in a few minutes we're gonna see ads that keep saying, "WILD ANIMAL THAT LIKES TO TALK SH!T 'BOUT PEOPLE ESCAPED THE ZOO!!!!! RUNNNNN!!!"

Worst. Retort. Ever.

-------------
-Iron helps us play-

Date Posted: March 13 2010 at 6:40pm
Was that even a retort?

-------------

Date Posted: March 13 2010 at 9:30pm
That almost made some of the Stallone apologists look intelligent.

-------------

Posted By: Vits
Date Posted: March 14 2010 at 10:34am

I won’t watch it for 3 reasons:

1)I don’t watch the show.

2)I don’t like seein’Miley gettin’kissed by someone else.

3)You never make a movie’bout a TV show while it’s still on.Didn’t they learn anythin’from the fans that got dissapointed with THE SIMPSONS MOVIE?

B.T.W.,you can't deny THE CLIMB's a great song.

-------------
You can follow me http://www.twitter.com/@Vits_Chile - @Vits_Chile

Date Posted: March 14 2010 at 11:33am

The Simpsons Movie was FAR superior to any of the 75 or so movies that were considered for the '007 RAZZIES. Even so, those first two reasons are WAY more than enough to not see Hannah Montana: The Movie.

JUU GO BAN

-------------

Date Posted: March 14 2010 at 11:54am
1) Fair enough...?
2) She's an actress, so she's gotta, but then again, I'm not a big fan of watching Anne Hathaway kissing other dudes. The difference is that we're pre-engaged as soon as I tell her about it.
3) I'm a huge Simpsons fan, and I was pretty disappointed with the movie. Homer was too much of a prick to remain likable, and I had just explained to a friend of mine why it's important that Homer loves Marge so much in the show: Because he's got to remain likable, and that's his saving grace. You don't get that through much of the movie.
Anyway, I'll agree to that point - you shouldn't make a movie about a show that's still on.

I'll now, for the record, officially deny that The Climb is a great song, though.

Seriously, I don't know why people keep getting swept up in the hottie teenage pop star thing all the time. I used to think Christina Aguilera was OK, Brittney never did it for me... You don't need to defend her career just because you think she's cute. She's not a great musical artist by any stretch of the imagination, she's a terrible actress, and her career was handed to her by Disney. It wasn't earned. Having a famous dad helped a lot, too.

-------------
-Iron helps us play-

Posted By: Vits
Date Posted: March 14 2010 at 12:26pm
The 3rd reason was to show the quality of the movie.The other 2 are just personal.

I don't really like her voice.Her music...sure.And THE CLIMB...Come on!It was nominated for a Grammy.And even though on the past year she's been labeled as hot(includin'the Teen Choice Awards nom. for "Choice Female Hottie"),she isn't a sex symbol like Britney and Christina.

-------------
You can follow me http://www.twitter.com/@Vits_Chile - @Vits_Chile

Date Posted: March 14 2010 at 1:54pm
"Her music"... c'mon, seriously? You think she makes her own music? Not a team of producers? You're a little old to be that naive, c'mon... They say Lady Gaga writes her own music, but I doubt even she does it all now that she's big and famous.
The Grammys are the least prestigious entertainment award there is. Believe you me, the best musicians, the most creative, progressive music, and the most overall talent aren't even remotely considered when it comes to Grammys. Those go to the people with the biggest public profile, and the "artists" who make the most money. It's all Top 40 garbage.
She's a sex symbol to a lot of people, but they can't come out and openly admit it because of her age, and because producers have learned from the past about making their artists totally whore it up, and the adverse effect it eventually has on record sales. But she still had those nude(ish) Vanity Fair pictures, who plenty of old w**kers assuredly enjoyed. To me, she looks like a freakin' little kid, so I don't have to worry about any of that.

-------------
-Iron helps us play-

Print Page | Close Window