Print Page | Close Window

Selzter-Wayans-Berg?!?!?

Printed From: Official RAZZIE® Forum
Category: FORUMS on 2009 RELEASES
Forum Name: DANCE FLICK
Forum Discription: The Wayans Brothers Ripping Off Seltzerberg...OMG That Sounds Awful!!
URL: http://www.razzies.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=3641
Printed Date: April 17 2014 at 3:02am

Topic: Selzter-Wayans-Berg?!?!?
Posted By: HeadRAZZBerry
Subject: Selzter-Wayans-Berg?!?!?
Date Posted: May 17 2009 at 10:43am

WITH a GRAND TOTAL of 12 RAZZIE® NOMINATIONS (and 3 "WINS") to DATE for THEIR PREVIOUS "COMEDIES" http://www.imdb.com/Sections/Awards/Razzie_Awards/2005 - WHITE CHICKS and http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0430304/awards - LITTLE MAN , YOU MIGHT THINK WE'D BE DELIGHTED to REPORT THAT THE WAYANS BROTHERS (MARLON, SHAWN and KEENAN IVORY) DON'T STAR in the FAMILY's LATEST ATTEMPT at an ACTUALLY FUNNY COMEDY...

BUT, ALTHOUGH THEY AREN'T the TOP-LINED STARS of http://www.razzies.com/forum/forum_topics.asp?FID=356 - DANCE FLICK , THEY DO APPEAR in MINOR ROLES. NOW HERE's a TRULY SCARY IDEA: INSTEAD of TASKING TOP BILLING, THEY ARE PASSING the TORCH (AS IT WERE) to the NEXT GENERATION of WAYANS OFFSPRING to BECOME "STARS." AND, JUDGING by ITS TRAILER, DANCE FLICK SHOULD BE UP (i.e. DOWN) to the FAMILY's USUAL STANDARD of "HILARITY."

HERE's a http://film1.nl/danceflick/ - LINK to the OFFICIAL SITE for http://film1.nl/danceflick/ - DANCE FLICK -- WE INVITE YOU to WATCH the TRAILER, and SEE IF YOU DON'T AGREE: DANCE FLICK LOOKS LIKE SOMETHING WE'D EXPECT from the ONLY CLODS of COMEDY EVEN LESS CONSISTENTLY FUNNY THAN the WAYANSES -- THOSE TWO UN-TALENTED TWITS RESPONSIBLE for http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0466342/awards - DATE MOVIE , http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0799949/awards - EPIC MOVIE , http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1213644/awards - DISASTER MOVIE , ETC -- THAT PUERILE PAIR KNOWN to OUR VOTERS as "SELTZERBERG."

WHEN a FAMILY of MARGINALLY TALENTED FILM-MAKERS TURN for "INSPIRATION" to a PAIR of MONUMENTALLY UN-TALENTED COLLEAGUES, HOLLYWOOD's WHOLE "CHASING ITS OWN TAIL JUST to MAKE a FAST BUCK" MENTALITY HAS FINALLY HIT an ALL-TIME LOW.

BUT IT's a NEW LOW WE HAVE EVERY CONFIDENCE HOLLYWOOD WILL SOMEHOW SINK BELOW BEFORE YEAR's END...

KID: "I'm scared, Mommy..."

MOM: "What do you mean, my child could grow up to star in one of your P.O.S. movies -- How dare you threaten an infant!!" http://www.imdb.com/Sections/Awards/Razzie_Awards/2005 -

-------------
Ye Olde Head RAZZberry

Replies:
Posted By: dEd Grimley
Date Posted: May 17 2009 at 1:20pm

This definitely has the feel of a possible Razzie "winner."

When I first saw the trailer, I thought it looked like an improvement over the more recent "Movie" movies (and it probably still will be) but the more I see the promos, the worse it looks...  

-------------
-Iron helps us play-

Posted By: Michaels
Date Posted: May 17 2009 at 3:15pm
Well, with the slew of dance movies that came out over this past decade, the genre is ripe for a spoofing. The trailer looks ... okay at best. My thoughts: most likely better than anything Seltzerberg has made in the past five years, but it will end up on the voting ballots, no doubt.

Posted By: Movie Man
Date Posted: May 17 2009 at 3:33pm
Looks pretty good. I may have to check this out...when it arrives on DVD.

-------------

Posted By: CriticalFrank
Date Posted: May 17 2009 at 5:16pm

I consider myslef a movie masochist, and this movie looks to be below even MY standards...

That's preety damned bad.

-------------
Life's short and hard, like a body-building elf - Bloodhound Gang

Posted By: tomsmo35
Date Posted: May 18 2009 at 5:50am

Damien Dante Wayans is the Son of Keenen Ivory Wayans I guess when to Directing a Movie has not learned much his Father who has directed some pretty funny movies.

Date Posted: May 18 2009 at 7:07am
Damien? The antichrist is the son of a Wayans? I should have known... it makes sense...

-------------

Date Posted: May 18 2009 at 7:30am
I agree that there was a time when spoofing a dance movie might've made sense, but as someone else mentioned in the other thread, I think they're about 2 years too late to do so. They may have put it on hold because of the other terrible spoofs, but still... Clock's tickin, kiddies. Gotta get these things out when they still make sense.

-------------
-Iron helps us play-

Date Posted: May 18 2009 at 8:04am
It makes perfect sense with "Step Up 3" scheduled for release next year... not to mention the Fame Remake... The time is ripe for dance spoofing...

-------------

Date Posted: May 18 2009 at 11:46am
For realz? That !@#$'s whack, son.

-------------
-Iron helps us play-

Date Posted: May 18 2009 at 12:17pm

Oh, and I forgot, there is also a Footloose remake in the works.

-------------

Date Posted: May 18 2009 at 1:15pm

What the hell?! Did the studio heads just give the green light to remake EVERY movie from the 1980s?!  

-------------
"Just once I want my life to be like an 80's movie ... but, no, no. John Hughes did not direct my life." ("Easy A", 2010)

Posted By: moviewizguy
Date Posted: May 18 2009 at 2:29pm
The trailer was hilarious.

Date Posted: May 18 2009 at 2:59pm

Everything old is new again... 

Originally posted by Michaels

Originally posted by CriticalFrank

Oh, and I forgot, there is also a Footloose remake in the works.

What the hell?! Did the studio heads just give the green light to remake EVERY movie from the 1980s?!

-------------

Date Posted: May 19 2009 at 7:50am
The prophecy will soon be fulfilled... The circle has almost been completed. The chosen one has arisen. And his name... Is Bay.

-------------
-Iron helps us play-

Date Posted: May 19 2009 at 8:01am

...If Michael Bay and Uwe Boll teamed up, and created a movie called "The Tower" .... Would that make it the Tower of Bay-Boll?

(The Jokes... they suck....I know this)

-------------

Date Posted: May 19 2009 at 8:19am
Uwe must fight Bay to the death. It is their destiny.

-------------
-Iron helps us play-

Date Posted: May 19 2009 at 8:37am
In the end there can be only one? I predict it will be Michael Bay... he is good at blowing stuff up...

-------------

Date Posted: May 19 2009 at 8:46am
Only if his will is strong. He must invoke the power of friendship.

-------------
-Iron helps us play-

Date Posted: May 19 2009 at 8:59am
Friendship? There is no power in Friendship. Only in destruction... and Explosions... So says the Bay!

-------------

Date Posted: May 19 2009 at 11:51am
Uwe's quest lies within the realm of *WARNING! WARNING! CLICHE WRITING MACHINE HAS REACHED CRITICAL MASS! UNABLE TO COMPUTE NEW CLICHE! TERMINATE PROGRAM IMMEDIATELY!*

-------------
-Iron helps us play-

Date Posted: May 19 2009 at 1:43pm
Crap, the Cliche writing machine has terminated itself. Now how will Seltzerberg ever finish the script for "Movie Movie" a wonderul parody of parody films...

-------------

Date Posted: May 19 2009 at 2:29pm
I'm actually semi-curious to see that Spoof Movie spoof that those Not Another Teen Movie guys did.

-------------
-Iron helps us play-

Date Posted: May 19 2009 at 3:18pm
There already was a Spoof movie Spoof? And I wasn't aware. Damn it all! Now that joke is worthless!

-------------

Date Posted: May 20 2009 at 1:21am
It hasn't come out yet, to my knowledge.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1302019/ - But here it is.

-------------
-Iron helps us play-

Date Posted: May 20 2009 at 3:56am

Ugh... Chevy Chase. Him and his endless "Vacations." I haven't liked him since he did that guest appearence on Chuck (which implies that I LIKED his guest appearence on Chuck, and not that I dislike him because of it). 

-------------

Date Posted: May 20 2009 at 7:42am
Chevy has had quite the dotted career. I wouldn't be surprised to see him in a Wayans-Seltzerberg joint.

-------------
-Iron helps us play-

Date Posted: May 20 2009 at 4:31pm

I like that "A Wayan's Seltzerberg Joint" A great way to denote a horrible film waiting to happen.

-------------

Date Posted: May 20 2009 at 5:12pm

Gotta love it when directors call their films "joints". Like a Spike Lee joint. Wait, is he down to Uwe Boll's level, selling pot ... holders to get money for his next movie.

Date Posted: May 21 2009 at 3:00am
Pot might actually explain the level of "quality" that the Seltzerberg movies exhibit... They are too damn high to actually focus on writing a good script...

-------------

Posted By: Razzilla
Date Posted: May 21 2009 at 3:55am
I see Arthur Murray break dancing in his grave...

-------------
Comparing Uwe Boll's movies to a sack of horse manure will only get you sued by every fertilizer company in existence...

Date Posted: May 21 2009 at 4:19am
You see people dancing in their graves? That's a pretty awesome ability. I hear that M. Night Shamalamadingdong is working on a movie about that, perhaps you could contact him and help him with his research.

-------------

Posted By: thomsonmg2000
Date Posted: May 21 2009 at 4:29am
Studios still have the balls to release ____ Movies? Wow.

It probably won't be as bad as a Seltzerberg flick, but it's just sad to see the Wayans dip this low since they made Scary Movie 1. 

-------------
Seltzerberg is back?

OH MY GOOOOOOOOOOD!!!!!!!

http://www.disastermovie.org
http://www.vampiressuck.org/

Posted By: moviewizguy
Date Posted: May 21 2009 at 9:12am

Have you actually seen the trailer? If anything, people have actually laughed during the trailer. It currently has a 50% in RT, so I guess it's not that bad...but that's just 8 reviews so I'll have to wait before I say anything. 

RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: Yes, I have actually seen the trailer (and the endless repeats of the same 3 TV spots) multiple times. The baby-in-the-locker is the only substantial laugh any of the promos get.

And, by the way, with a dozen reviews counted, DANCE FLICK is trending downward over at R.T. and now stands at 44%...

-------------

Date Posted: May 22 2009 at 1:05am
The first trailer I saw for it, I didn't think it looked that bad. The more of them I've seen, it just looked worse, and worse, and worse, and now we're at, "Seriously, they DID get Seltzerberg to work on this after all, didn't they?"
Again, MWG, you're on your own here, man.

-------------
-Iron helps us play-

Date Posted: May 22 2009 at 12:39pm
I don't know, the only thing I really giggle about during the trailer was the whole "There's no "I" in team" debate. That and Shawn Wayans coming to "pick up" his son. Other than that, it still looks like a Seltzerberg movie (lots of bad sex jokes, dumb physical comedy, and sexist and racist sterotypes galore).

Posted By: wolfee37
Date Posted: May 22 2009 at 1:45pm
Unlike some of the previous ______ Movies, the Wayans are actually kind of funny. I plan on seeing this movie, when it comes out on DVD.

Date Posted: May 22 2009 at 5:19pm

Sexist and racist stereotyping are practically the foundation of 95% of comedies that come out anymore... if you take away that, what else can the script-writers do?

And the "I in Team" bit was mildly amusing... If I get really bored tomorrow, I may torture myself, and watch the film, just to get all three wide releases in...

So far, Terminator is the best of the week, in my opinion.

-------------

Date Posted: May 23 2009 at 1:38am
For Museum, again, I quoth, "The four scariest words in the English language, 'A Shawn Levy Film.'" It doesn't look all THAT bad, but it may be Hank Azaria trying a little too hard that does it in.

-------------
-Iron helps us play-

Date Posted: May 23 2009 at 1:42am

Sexist and racist stereotyping are practically the foundation of 95% of comedies that come out anymore... if you take away that, what else can the script-writers do?

True, it's like forcing rappers to rap without using the N-word, or rapping about sex, or how much they hate the police ... then what are they left to rap about? Not much.

Date Posted: May 23 2009 at 6:27am

The rappers could then turn to rapping about how much they love their mothers, or world peace... or the Illuminati!

And Hank Azaria was the best damn part of Night at the Museum 2... Even if he does sound entirely too much like his character from "Mystery Men".

-------------

Date Posted: May 23 2009 at 8:53am

And Hank Azaria was the best damn part of Night at the Museum 2... Even if he does sound entirely too much like his character from "Mystery Men".

Hank Azaria is usually the best damn part of any movie he is in.

Date Posted: May 23 2009 at 10:21am
So true. Hank Azaria is a great asset for movies... and considering Night at the Museum has Ben Stiller, the movie needed all the help it could get.

-------------

Date Posted: May 23 2009 at 11:35am

So true. Hank Azaria is a great asset for movies... and considering Night at the Museum has Ben Stiller, the movie needed all the help it could get.

Speaking of Stiller, he's getting an MTV Movie Lifetime Award. I guess the network is paying him back for all the stupid skits has has done for them during those award shows.

Date Posted: May 23 2009 at 2:42pm
Lifetime award for Ben ing Stiller? Seriously? Who gets one next? Nic Cage? For a lifetime of making crappy movies?

-------------

Posted By: sportsartist24
Date Posted: May 23 2009 at 5:20pm
I have always enjoyed Hank Azaria voicing numerous character on The Simpsons, such as Clancy Wiggum, Moe Szyslack, Drederick Tatum, Apu Nahasapeemapetilon, Kirk Van Houten, Bumblebee Man, Comic Book Guy, Carl Carlson, Disco Stu, Duffman, Professor Frink, Luigi, Captain Horatio McCallister, Dr. Nick Rivera, Snake, Cletus Spuckler, etc.

-------------
The Mormons were'nt really popular in the beginning, they're now becoming more popular, even in Hollywood.

Date Posted: May 23 2009 at 7:00pm
Hank Azaria is like 95% of the Simpson's cast...

-------------

Date Posted: May 23 2009 at 10:20pm
Ben Stiller is a great actor... when he's a "quirky" character. When he's more normal, he's pretty dull.

But then, if you guys are going to complain about him getting a lifetime MTV award... Of course he is. And Nic Cage probably will, too. And Costner. And Joe Piscipo, too.

-------------
-Iron helps us play-

Date Posted: May 23 2009 at 10:36pm
I'm trying to think of one role that Ben Stiller has done that hasn't resulted in me hating him a little more... Perhaps his role in the Mystery Men, or his role in The Royal Tenenbaums... but beyond that, the man just makes me hate him more with each role he takes on...

-------------

Date Posted: May 24 2009 at 12:25am
Some roles I've enjoyed of his:
Tugg Speedman: Tropic Thunder
Tony Wonder: Arrested Development
Arturo Mendes: Anchorman
White Goodman: Dodgeball
Derek Zoolander: Zoolander
The Orderly: Happy Gilmore

Again, where he's goofier, he's better. He's not that great as a lead, but he's good at supporting roles.

-------------
-Iron helps us play-

Date Posted: May 24 2009 at 6:19am

Happy Gilmore is probably the only Adam Sandler movie that I ever even remotely enjoyed... I suppose I could forgive Stiller that one, since he isn't the lead, and isn't on screen for 95% of the movie.

Anchorman, and all things Anchorman related just annoy the hell out of me. Same goes for Dodgeball...

Zoolander would have worked much better if it had been much shorter... It struck me almost like a Saturday Night Live movie...The Joke got old and annoying really fast.

As far as Tropic Thunder goes, he was pretty annoying there, too. Almost as annoying as Jack Black. Truthfully, the only character that I really enjoyed in that movie, was Robert Downey Jr....

-------------

Date Posted: May 24 2009 at 9:48am
Oh sigh... Well, he's still generally a big draw. I don't know if he deserves it, but he is.

-------------
-Iron helps us play-

Date Posted: May 24 2009 at 11:56am
"The Wedding Singer" is the only Sandler movie I can withstand. It's the only one that he doesn't spend the entire movie acting like a complete moron and the story is not driven by dumb or gross out humor.

Date Posted: May 24 2009 at 7:22pm
The gross-out I can live without, but I liked him better when he made it more of a point to be stupid.
"STOP LOOKING AT ME, SWAN!" is a piece of movie history.

-------------
-Iron helps us play-

Date Posted: May 25 2009 at 12:31am
Happy Gilmore will always be the one I think of when I think of Fun Adam Sandler... But mostly because of the line "You're gonna die, clown"... for so long that was the startup sound on every computer I owned....

-------------

Date Posted: May 25 2009 at 1:06am
And that's a good thing. I would have also accepted, "The price is wrong, b."

-------------
-Iron helps us play-

Date Posted: May 25 2009 at 1:08am
That was the powering down sound on my old Windows 98 machine....

-------------

Posted By: GTAHater767
Date Posted: January 24 2010 at 6:40pm

In the back half of May, I was mystified that this got its own forum, but Terminator: Salvation didn't. How the tables have turned! Now the nomination ballots suggest Salvation!

I was hoping Shawn & Marlon Wayans would get nominated for Worst Director.

-------------
My deadlines for Member-Started Forums, given 35% approval rating or less: Apl. 29; The Other Woman. May 6; Walk of Shame. May 20; Godzilla '014. May 27; Blended. Jne. 3; A Million Ways...

Date Posted: January 24 2010 at 6:49pm
Oh no, there no way you can tell that the one millionth "Movie Movie" in the past decade is less worthy of being razzed then "T4". I know "T4" was a let down, but it was a masterpiece compared to "Dance Flick".

Print Page | Close Window