Print Page | Close Window

No Need 2 IMAGINE Eddie’s in Trouble...

Printed From: Official RAZZIE® Forum
Category: FORUMS on 30th RAZZIES Choices
Forum Name: IMAGINE THAT
Forum Discription: Nominated for WORST ACTOR / Eddie Murphy
URL: http://www.razzies.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=3693
Printed Date: July 31 2014 at 2:45pm

Topic: No Need 2 IMAGINE Eddie’s in Trouble...
Posted By: HeadRAZZBerry
Subject: No Need 2 IMAGINE Eddie’s in Trouble...
Date Posted: June 08 2009 at 3:06am

AT LEAST ONE PERSON ASSOCIATED with the NEW http://www.google.com/search?ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&q=Eddie+Murphy&btnG=Search+Razzies.com&domains=razzies.com&sitesearch=razzies.com - ® AWARDS..." WHAT a STIRRING VOTE of CONFIDENCE! 

WITH HIS CAREER in FREE-FALL SINCE the TRIPLE-WHAMMY of NOT WINNING an OSCAR® for http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000552/awards - , THEN the FOLLOWING YEAR "WINNING" http://www.razzies.com/history/07Winners.asp - for http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0477051/ - , and LAST YEAR HAVING  http://www.razzies.com/forum/forum_topics.asp?FID=292 - BE ONE of the YEAR's BIGGEST BOX OFFICE DISASTERS, EVEN an OKAY MOVIE MIGHT NOT SAVE MURPHY at THIS POINT.

AND http://www.razzies.com/forum/forum_topics.asp?FID=361 - , in WHICH MURPHY's CHARACTER STARTS TAKING BUSINESS TIPS from HIS YOUNG DAUGHTER's IMAGINARY FRIENDS, ADMITTEDLY LOOKS TAILOR-MADE to WIN EDDIE BACK the FAMILY AUDIENCE HIS RECENT EFFORTS HAVE CHASED AWAY...

THE BIG QUESTIONS HERE ARE:

1) WILL AUDIENCES and/or CRITICS EVER EMBRACE MURPHY AGAIN?

2) EVEN IF THEY DO (to SOME DEGREE) WILL IT BE a CASE of TOO LITTLE, TOO LATE??

3) WILL IMAGINE THAT AVOID RAZZIE® WRATH...OR CONTINUE EDDIE's "WINNING"/LOSING STREAK??? 

EDDIE: "Honey, I don't think all the toppings in the world will improve the taste of the sh*t sandwiche I'll have to eat if this one bombs..."

-------------
Ye Olde Head RAZZberry

Replies:
Posted By: tomsmo35
Date Posted: June 08 2009 at 3:33am
I was wondering when this one would be on The Boards! I saw The Trailer, and I thought "It looks like ones of those too cute/makes you wanna puke type Movies."  

-------------

Posted By: CriticalFrank
Date Posted: June 08 2009 at 8:55am

Honestly, I had been banking on Pelham 123 showing up here instead... This one actually looked like Eddie might be trying something that might be watchable, as opposed to some of his recent work...

RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: As of right now (just after 3pm/PST on June8) PELHAM is 3-for-3 negative among early reviews on RT ( http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/1207149-taking_of_pelham_1_2_3/ - LINK ). If it can keep up those numbers, there's alwaze our "Bonus" Worst of the Weak slot open to accommodate it...

-------------
Life's short and hard, like a body-building elf - Bloodhound Gang

Posted By: RoadDogXVIII
Date Posted: June 08 2009 at 11:45am
Originally posted by CriticalFrank

RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: As of right now (just after 3pm/PST on June8) PELHAM is 3-for-3 negative among early reviews on RT ( http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/1207149-taking_of_pelham_1_2_3/ - ). If it can keep up those numbers, there's alwaze our "Bonus" Worst of the Weak slot open to accommodate it...

A Denzel Washington film getting a Bonus Worst of the Weak slot? I hope not. Believe me, Imagine That deserves all the Razzies it can get. I mean, look at all the damned TV spots on 24/7, and all I could think was: Why is the black kid from Role Models in here? And when will Eddie Murphy get the long-gestating Bevery Hills Cop IV film out the gate?

-------------
You think you know, but you have no idea.

Date Posted: June 08 2009 at 11:59am

One can hope Pelham will get a spot as Bonus Worst of the Weak... I mean, c'mon! With all the vitriol heaped upon remakes around here, I figured it was a clear frontrunner.

But, then again, it is competing against Eddie Murphy... 

-------------

Posted By: dEd Grimley
Date Posted: June 08 2009 at 12:17pm
I have no idea how to take this one. My impression is that it's a passable children's movie, but who knows...  

-------------
-Iron helps us play-

Date Posted: June 08 2009 at 12:32pm
I think part of the issue is that it stars Eddie... And that is like automatic Razzie contention, isn't it?

-------------

Date Posted: June 08 2009 at 12:37pm
It's really not unfair to assume so. I'm not knocking the pick, I just don't have enough information to judge for myself on this one.

-------------
-Iron helps us play-

Date Posted: June 08 2009 at 12:45pm
On this one, I will bow before HeadRAZZ's decision, for he is wise, and runs things round these parts.

-------------

Date Posted: June 08 2009 at 1:11pm
And HeadRAZZ is also about the only person who has more Forum posts than any of us, too...

-------------
-Iron helps us play-

Posted By: Michaels
Date Posted: June 08 2009 at 1:42pm

Originally posted by dEd Grimley

And HeadRazz is about the only person who has more posts than us, too.

Actually, I have more posts than you and Frank, but unlike HeadRazz, I don't run this forum. So out fo the three of us, I must be the one with the most amount of free time in his life.

PS: I have a feeling "Up" will remain #1 for quite some time if these pieces of crap is what's being puked onto the movie screens.

Posted By: moviewizguy
Date Posted: June 08 2009 at 1:46pm

Originally posted by Michaels

PS: I have a feeling "Up" will remain #1 for quite some time if these pieces of crap is what's being puked onto the movie screens.

Actually, The Hangover grabbed the #1 spot this weekend.

As for this movie, however, I'm sure it's not going to be bad. It doesn't look that bad. What I appreciate in this movie is that it doesn't rely on special effects and CGI, compared to Murphey's previous film, with a budget of like, what, $60 million?

Date Posted: June 08 2009 at 1:54pm

The only success Murphy will have for the rest of his career at this point are the Shrek movies ... until they become stale as well.

Date Posted: June 08 2009 at 2:07pm
We've just discussed how you can't get a decent 4th installment. I'm convinced that people see a CGI movie by Dreamworks or Pixar and just assume it's good at this point, and they could stick a crapper in there VERY easily and no one would really notice.

-------------
-Iron helps us play-

Date Posted: June 09 2009 at 12:44am

I don't assume anything about the quality of a Dreamworks animation, or a Pixar animation for that matter. I hated the third Shrek movie, except for a few small parts, and The Pixar films for me are generally hit or miss...

Also if you're looking at quantity of posts, I think I would have everyone beat, just by the quantity in the short timeframe that I have been around here...  Not that I am averaging nearly 11 posts a day for the last 4 months or anything... oh wait, yeah, I am.

Does anyone have a life for sale?

-------------

Date Posted: June 09 2009 at 2:58am

Well, judging by the plot of Shrek Goes Fourth (or whatever the clever title is) I think it'll at least be better than the third one. After all, many people consider Shrek 1 and 2 to be close to each other in quality, like Aliens is to the original Alien. 

Originally posted by dEd Grimley

We've just discussed how you can't get a decent 4th installment. I'm convinced that people see a CGI movie by Dreamworks or Pixar and just assume it's good at this point, and they could stick a crapper in there VERY easily and no one would really notice.

-------------

Date Posted: June 09 2009 at 8:24am
Currently, this film has 3 positive reviews up on RT...for now.

Posted By: RoadDogXVIII
Date Posted: June 09 2009 at 10:12am

You beat me to the punch... 

-------------
You think you know, but you have no idea.

Date Posted: June 09 2009 at 10:21am
With only 4 reviews counted, I hardly think that could be considered statistically significant....

-------------

Date Posted: June 09 2009 at 12:08pm
I'm predicting mid 50s-60ish for it.

-------------
-Iron helps us play-

Date Posted: June 09 2009 at 12:31pm

Yeah, that sounds like a decent prediction, dEd. Sure, it might not be quite Razzie-worthy, but still not great.

-------------

Date Posted: June 09 2009 at 12:39pm
Probably nowhere near a Razzie, but again, Eddie's backed himself into a corner, where everything he does seems to make him a Razzie target...  

-------------
-Iron helps us play-

Posted By: cvcjr13
Date Posted: June 09 2009 at 6:30pm

I'm with CriticalFrank on Pelham.  I was upset that they were even remaking http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Taking_of_Pelham_One_Two_Three_1974_film - The Taking Of Pelham 1 2 3 , then when John Travolta was slotted in for it, I was doubly upset.  When you take a classic film, and you don't have anything worthwhile to add to it, DON'T REMAKE IT! 

Honestly, I had been banking on Pelham 123 showing up here instead... This one actually looked like Eddie might be trying something that might be watchable, as opposed to some of his recent work...

RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: As of right now (just after 3pm/PST on June8) PELHAM is 3-for-3 negative among early reviews on RT ( http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/1207149-taking_of_pelham_1_2_3/ - LINK ). If it can keep up those numbers, there's alwaze our "Bonus" Worst of the Weak slot open to accommodate it...

-------------

Date Posted: June 10 2009 at 12:27am

They had plenty to add to it. John Travolta is a great addition! I mean he brings so much Scientology nutiness to the table. And he is so well regarded, too...

At least, he was back in the 70's....

-------------

Date Posted: June 10 2009 at 2:57am

Oh, you can always add anything to a classic move, but like you strongly implied (and like I said) is any of it worth the audience's while?

Add a little water to a lot of sewage, and you have...sewage.

Add a lot of water to a little sewage, and you have...sewage.

Add a lot of sewage to a lot a lot of water, and you have...Santa Monica Bay. . . .

They had plenty to add to it. John Travolta is a great addition! I mean he brings so much scientology nutiness to the table. And he is so well regarded, too... At least he was back in the 70's....

-------------

Date Posted: June 10 2009 at 3:03am

Getting back to Eddie Murphy's Imagine That, does anybody feel they are watching a retread of Adam Sandler's Bedtime Stories?  Did screenwriters Lopez and Herlihy graft the same brain cells as screenwriters Solomon and Matheson?

Date Posted: June 10 2009 at 11:58am
For what it's worth, I say without sarcasm, that I enjoyed Travolta in The Punisher. He died pretty cool, even.

-------------
-Iron helps us play-

Date Posted: June 10 2009 at 12:20pm
There was actually someone who enjoyed something about the Punisher? Amazing... The only thing I think that movie had going for it, was the fact that Thomas Jane looked like the Punisher.... Beyond that, not too much good o say about it...

-------------

Date Posted: June 10 2009 at 1:19pm
Dude... Travolta... dragged by a car and a-sploded? Nothing? You're cold as ice.

-------------
-Iron helps us play-

Date Posted: June 10 2009 at 2:30pm

Just read an article on Pelhamhttp://www.cnn.com/2009/SHOWBIZ/Movies/06/10/ent.pelham.123/index.html - According to what I read , the only thing left is the idea of a guy who hijacked a subway train and another guy trying to negotiate with him.  The filmmakers wanted to emphasize this was not a remake.  It's a completely different story with a key similarity that took the original title because the studio owned that title.

In other words, it's a ripoff disguised as a remake.

Posted By: moorlock2003
Date Posted: June 10 2009 at 8:09pm
The trouble with Murphy is that he refuses to be a team player. He's got to be the center of attention or nothing. He should have learned something from "Dreamgirls", where he was forced to be a team player and ended up with an Academy Award nomination. But ever since then, it's back to lousy so-called "comedies", doing his usual routine. He could do character roles in more intelligent films, but his ego won't have it. He's not growing as an actor, only repeating himself.

-------------
Fred Cooper

Date Posted: June 10 2009 at 11:55pm
Thinking about it, I think Moorlock might be on to something there... Murphy's best roles lately have been in a supporting role... Dreamgirls and the Shrek films come to mind... perhaps it is time for him to admit that his schtick isn't working as a leading actor, and perhaps try being a supporting player for a while... Him, and Will Ferrell both...

-------------

Posted By: moorlock2003
Date Posted: June 12 2009 at 4:22am

Beware former Saturday Night Live sketch players turned lead characters (add Adam Sandler) in comedies.

Thinking about it, I think Moorlock might be on to something there... Murphy's best roles lately have been in a supporting role... Dreamgirls and the Shrek films come to mind... perhaps it is time for him to admit that his schtick isn't working as a leading actor, and perhaps try being a supporting player for a while... Him, and Will Ferrell both...

-------------
Fred Cooper

Date Posted: June 12 2009 at 7:13am
Again you come in with the good points... I'm trying to think of one SNL alum that made it as a lead actor that didnb't annoy me, and at the moment, I am coming up empty.

-------------

Posted By: saturnwatcher
Date Posted: June 12 2009 at 10:08am

Of all the SNL alums that made the hop to the silver screen, I'd offer up only two who's films were consistantly tolerable in lead roles: Dan Ackroyd and John Belushi. Ackroyd I offer with the qualification that when he had a major part it a film, it was generally pretty good.  However, many of his smaller supporting roles were pretty unfortunate. Sadly, Belushi left us far too early to have the opportunity to seriously misfire. Incidentally, one of my all time favorite underappreciated films was Ackroyd and Belushi's 1981 movie Neighbors which is a very overlooked dark comedy.

Chevy Chase had a few good films, but he also had some intolerable stinkers. Most of the rest of the SNL alums have given us little but Razzie worthy garbage.

-------------
Nine times out of ten, in art as in life, there is no truth to be discovered, only an error to be exposed.--H.L. Menken

Posted By: sportsartist24
Date Posted: June 12 2009 at 5:20pm
Not to mention many of them had both B.O. hits and bombs during that time, and along with John Belushi, some of them have died, such as Gilder Radna, Phil Hartman, and Chris Farley.

-------------
The Mormons were'nt really popular in the beginning, they're now becoming more popular, even in Hollywood.

Date Posted: June 13 2009 at 12:32am
I am fairly sure that Saturday Night Live places a curse upon all exiting cast members... Which might explain why Lorne Michaels keeps a Witch Doctor on the payroll... 

-------------

Posted By: JoeBacon
Date Posted: June 13 2009 at 8:17am
Well, after looking at the trailer for this latest Eddie turkey, my blood
glucose level rose to 1,000...

Date Posted: June 13 2009 at 8:32am

Oh, come on! This is getting a bit immature by now. The trailer was good!

-------------

Date Posted: June 13 2009 at 8:43am
Ferrell really does play a fine second fiddle.

It looks like my prediction is going to be a bit off... It looks like Imagine That is doomed to the mid 40s. I guess it was worse than I thought it'd be.

-------------
-Iron helps us play-

Date Posted: June 13 2009 at 10:22am
Well, Friday estimates have Eddie earning less then 2 Mil... and being in sixth place. Of course, the weekend is what makes or breaks a movie, I just don't see it clawing it's way up beyond 6th place and 10 mil. this weekend... Meanwhile, "Up" looks poised to hit the 200 mil mark sometime next week, possibly by Friday.

-------------

Date Posted: June 13 2009 at 12:35pm
Wow... yea, that's PRETTY dang bad. You'd have to Imagine That (you like what I did there?) it will do BETTER on Saturday, but not anywhere near making this a profitable movie. And what's sad is that this is the highest rated movie he's had in a long while. This might actually be the nail in the coffin for Eddie Murphy family comedies.

-------------
-Iron helps us play-

Posted By: saturnwatcher
Date Posted: June 13 2009 at 2:09pm

Simpler and less supernatural explanation: A degree of hubris and the simple fact that a talent for standup/sketch comedy doesn't necessarily translate to the silver screen. A character that might be amusing in a 10 minute sketch can get pretty irritating in a 90 minute movie...Ask Mr. Bean (Rowen Atkinson).

Eddie Murphy did some great work on SNL...his character developments of Buckwheat and Gumby were inspired...but I wouldn't want to sit through a Gumby or Buckwheat movie. Similarly, a lot of the other characters that were born of the imaginations of SNL comics just couldn't carry a feature length movie, and most of the comics weren't very good actors. 

I am fairly sure that Saturday Night Live places a curse upon all exiting cast members... Which might explain why Lorne Michaels keeps a Witch Doctor on the payroll... 

-------------
Nine times out of ten, in art as in life, there is no truth to be discovered, only an error to be exposed.--H.L. Menken

Date Posted: June 14 2009 at 12:06am

I kinda like the Witchdoctor idea. The image is so much more amusing in my head, than the "simpler" solution.

And sadly, I'm gonna have to get some sleep before I can check the weekend estimates.

-------------

Date Posted: June 14 2009 at 8:45am
... Why do I get the feeling that as of that posting, a Gumby movie was put into works?

-------------
-Iron helps us play-

Date Posted: June 14 2009 at 1:49pm
To this day, Bill Murray is trhe only ex-SNL whose career has been able to escape the "former SNL members career -and lives- go down the drain after they leave the show and make movies" curse. He hasn't had a perfect career, but at the same time, he doesn't go from one bad movie to another, unlike Ferrell, Murphy, Myers, Sandler, etc.

Date Posted: June 14 2009 at 4:12pm

And it is al because of the curse placed upon them by Lorne Michaels' staff Witch Doctor. I think he hires on a new one ever couple years to make sure that the mojo stays strong. He wouldn't want someone to leave teh show and succeed. That would be ludicrous... It is a way to constantly remind them all that they are NOTHING without Lorne... He smacked Chevy Chase with an extra big dose of career killer whammy, after Chevy came back to host in the second season, and was a complete and utter ass to the rest of the cast. He even went so far as to insist that he had to host Weekend Update, because his fans would expect that... what a Douche.

-------------

Date Posted: June 15 2009 at 7:40am
Well, I'd like to give a quick shout out to Tina Fey, another possible bride of Grimley, whose career is quite solid at this point. Again, I have no real need to see Baby Mama or Mean Girls, but all the signs point to them both having been above average comedies with a target demographic that they just didn't seem to reach. But 30 Rock is undeniably a great, clever show.

-------------
-Iron helps us play-

Date Posted: June 15 2009 at 8:09am
I think Tina Fey might have survived the curse because she got into bed with Alec Baldwin (for 30 Rock, not in real life.) And Everyone knows that Lorne Michaels and Alec Baldwin are in cahoots... Why else would Alec have shown up on SNL to host roughly 67 times?

-------------

Date Posted: June 15 2009 at 8:29am
Yes, he's practically a cast member. But doesn't that seem to suggest that he's a cast member who's gone on to better things as well? Let's not forget, he did voice work for Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within.

-------------
-Iron helps us play-

Date Posted: June 15 2009 at 8:37am
He's in league with Lorne, I think he might pay for half of the Witch Doctor's salary (which I hear involves chicken bones, and shiny beads). The witch doctor wouldn't dare curse a Baldwin...Except maybe Billy.

-------------

Date Posted: June 15 2009 at 8:43am
The non-Alecs of that family are clearly plagued by something. But Lorne's probably the Doc himself. He needed to save money to hire the comedic genius that was Joe Piscopo.

-------------
-Iron helps us play-

Date Posted: June 15 2009 at 8:50am

I dunno... Lorne doesn't strike me as very "Witch Doctor-y" Although that would be the perfect cover, I suppose. Maybe Alec isn't a true Baldwin... perhaps that is how the rest of the family got cursed?

-------------

Date Posted: June 15 2009 at 8:54am
He strikes me as a supervillain that would live in a volcano with a cat, though. I'm sure he's spent time hunting (man) in Africa. I'm sure he's spent enough time with witch doctors to pick up a trick or two.

-------------
-Iron helps us play-

Date Posted: June 15 2009 at 9:02am
Hmmm... that might explain a lot, actually. Although I think he might be afraid to live in a volcano, due to all of the liquid hot Mag-ma. (damned hard to properly accent the Dr. Evil speach pattern in type)

-------------

Date Posted: June 15 2009 at 9:07am
The brings up a debatable break-out candidate in Mike Myers.

-------------
-Iron helps us play-

Date Posted: June 15 2009 at 9:11am
I think "The Love Guru" cemented his spot as a failure... Don't you think?

-------------

Date Posted: June 15 2009 at 12:56pm
But he had to TRY to ruin what was a promising career after Austin Powers 1 and... I dunno, whatever the hell else he did that wasn't terrible.

-------------
-Iron helps us play-

Date Posted: June 15 2009 at 2:14pm
Shrek, perhaps? I think Shrek and possibly Wayne's World would be acceptable as non-horriffic attempts at cinema... But the latter was an SNL movie, so it might not count.

-------------

Date Posted: June 16 2009 at 8:24am
Meh... Then you need to start giving Eddie Murphy credit where it's not really due, either. I don't like counting voice acting alongside anyone's cinematic highlights, although good voice acting goes a long way. Hell, you could count that as a good Cameron Diaz movie, then. And with three Shrek movies that would bring her up to... what, 3 right?

-------------
-Iron helps us play-

Posted By: GTAHater767
Date Posted: January 24 2010 at 6:50pm

I hope Eddie Murphy gets nominated for Worst Actor, but I can't decide whether or not it deserves more than that. First his triple-crown RAZZIE role in Norbit (the #2 Worst Film of 2007), then Murphy IN Murphy in Meet Dave (the #7 Worst Film of 2008), now this. Murphy deserves that nomination!

-------------
Possible Unofficial Forums, given <35% approval: Ags 8; TMNT '014. Ags 13; Let's Be Cops. Ags 15; The Giver, The Expendables 3. Ags 29; Jessabelle

Date Posted: January 24 2010 at 8:02pm
2000-2009 was not Murphy's decade. He made two stinkers for every one "Shrek" movie that was made.

Posted By: Headbanger14
Date Posted: February 02 2010 at 11:35pm

He had one strong point in Dreamgirls but that's about it. Real shame because I really liked him in the Nutty Professor, Dr. Doolittle and Shrek movies, but that's about it. What happened, Doc?

Date Posted: February 03 2010 at 8:58pm
Originally posted by Headbanger14

He had one strong point in Dreamgirls but that's about it. Real shame because I really liked him in the Nutty Professor, Dr. Doolittle and Shrek movies, but that's about it. What happened, Doc?
1. He limited himself by not using his trademark R-rated humor.
2. He's been working with hack directors for the last handful of his movies.

Posted By: Vits
Date Posted: March 16 2010 at 3:35pm
Originally posted by Headbanger14

That's what I don't get.JIMMY "THUNDER" EARLY didn't seem different from the others.Yet,he got an Oscar nom.,and had at least 85% chance of winnin'.

-------------
You can follow me http://www.twitter.com/@Vits_Chile - @Vits_Chile

Posted By: GTAHater767
Date Posted: March 16 2010 at 5:31pm
Hack directors?

Norbit (#2 Worst Film of 2007) and Meet Dave (#7 Worst Film of 2008) were directed by Brian Robbins, who also directed Hardball (#16 Worst Film of 2001) and The Shaggy Dog (#10 Worst Film of 2006).

Imagine That was directed by Karey Kirkpatrick. It's his second ever film after Over the Hedge.

If only he could get another role with a good director...

JUU YON BAN

-------------
Possible Unofficial Forums, given <35% approval: Ags 8; TMNT '014. Ags 13; Let's Be Cops. Ags 15; The Giver, The Expendables 3. Ags 29; Jessabelle

Date Posted: March 24 2010 at 4:14pm
Well,the common thing is that if a movie's bad,you blame the director,right?

-------------

Posted By: BurnHollywoodBurn
Date Posted: March 24 2010 at 5:00pm
Originally posted by Vits

Well,the common thing is that if a movie's bad,you blame the director,right?
Blame can be placed on a number of people: the writers for writing such a s*** screenplay, the studios for being dumb enough to greenlight it, the director for not knowing what he/she's doing, the actors and actresses for giving s*** performances, the editor for editing the movie all wrong, the marketing sucking, etc. But if the same director makes bomb after bomb (ie. Uwe Boll, Seltzerberg), yeah, you can blame them for being hacks.

-------------
The Four Horsemen of the Moviepocalypse: uncalled for sequels/remakes/reboots, 3-D surcharges, untalented "celebrities", and anything with Michael Bay's name attached to it.

Date Posted: December 04 2010 at 4:27pm
I just saw this and gave this 4/10.

I'm so tired of this family movies telling parents to quit their jobs to spend more time with their kids.Actually it's not just family movies.I remember being mad at SAW because they talked about DR. LAWRENCE being a horrible father,when in fact we saw him help his daughter to sleep before finishing his work.That's how the world is and it should be.A good parent manages to balance both things.

Only half the time Eddie Murphy is funny.But considering the 2 movies he made before...Has nominating him become an obligatory thing?

-------------

Posted By: SchumacherH8ter
Date Posted: September 07 2011 at 6:40pm
Finally, a kids movie that doesn't have anything disturbing that the creaters didn't notice. Too bad it still sucks like a Hoover!

The good:

It's not Eddie Murphy worst movie: It's not as bad as the limp Meet Dave or the Rotten Asshole Norbit, but that's not saying much!

Eddie first demonstration: This scene comes very close to being funny.

There's no bestiality!: After Alvin And The Chipmunks 2, Furry Vengeance, and The Grinch, it's "good" to find a family film that doesn't relie on the wet-dreams of furries!

The bad:

Eddie Murphy: It's been said before and it needs to be said again: What the f*ck happened to Eddie Murphy's balls? Are they stored in Jeffrey Katzenberg's desk? The only reason he's not in the ugly is because he only has one character here.

Thomas Haden Church: Remember how Church was nominated for an Oscar for Sideways? Yeah, this'll make you forget it. Granted, it's not as bad as his acting in All About Steve or his role as a cop in 2001 Worst Picture nominee 3000 Miles To Graceland, but it's still a limp performance.

Yara Shahadi: Remember that rant about annoying children in my Brendan Frasier Gets Raped By A Bear review? Shahadi makes them look like the cast of Stand By Me in comparison! She does a scream that's on par with John Galt's 90-page speech in Atlas Shrugged*!

The ugly:

The moral: Movies that say that fathers should quit their jobs are the bane of my existance. I hate this mini-genre so much, that in my initial roster, I left out every one that had it because I didn't want to go near them! Then I remembered that I'm going to review a movie where Jon Voight fights babies and decided to let one and only one in the roster. I choose this one because it was fresh in my memory and Murphy's going to host the Oscars next year. So, when Murphy bombs like a thousand James Franco's, you can remember my review.

Well that's the best live-action Eddie Murphy of the last fives years**! Grade: C

Next-up: The Nutcracker In 3D! (Christ, I'm f*cked!)

*That's a little harsh, Shahadi never idolized a child-killer! Link: http://www.michaelprescott.net/hickman.htm - http://www.michaelprescott.net/hickman.htm
**Dreamgirls was, technically, 6 years ago.

-------------
I'm the Goddamn Batman.-All-Star Batman And Robin #2
https://twitter.com/Scott_DAgostino
Upcoming reviews: http://www.razzies.com/forum/topic7513.html
Up-next: Winter's Tale

Print Page | Close Window