Print Page | Close Window

Getting Vitriol, NOT VALENTINES...

Printed From: Official RAZZIEŽ Forum
Category: FORUMS on 2009 RELEASES
Forum Name: I HATE VALENTINE'S DAY
Forum Discription: ...But They May Hate RAZZIEŽ Day Even More!
URL: http://www.razzies.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=3730
Printed Date: August 23 2014 at 4:31am

Topic: Getting Vitriol, NOT VALENTINES...
Posted By: HeadRAZZBerry
Subject: Getting Vitriol, NOT VALENTINES...
Date Posted: July 02 2009 at 3:23am

WHEN TEST SCREENINGS for a MOVIE DON'T GO WELL, THEY EITHER TOTALLY BAIL on RELEASING IT...or THEY RELEASE IT in a HALF-ASSED WAY, LIKE THEY'RE DOING with http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0889522/ - NIA VARDALOS ' LATEST TURKEY...

WITH NO OFICIAL WEB SITE, MINIMAL ( IF ANY) TV AD BUYS and a CURSORY RELEASE in ALL of 3 THEATRES,  http://www.razzies.com/forum/forum_topics.asp?FID=369&PN=1 - I HATE VALENTINE's DAY MAY BE LUCKY to EARN BACK the OUT-of-POCKET COST of BUYING the PROP BOX of CHOCOLATES SEEN in ITS PRINT ADS.

YET ANOTHER ATTEMPT to "RE-VISIT" (I.E. RIP OFF) the UNEXPECTED SUCCESS of http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0259446/ - MY BIG FAT GREEK WEDDING , VALENTINE'S "RE-UNITES" the TWO STARS of THAT FILM for a SMOOCH-by-NUMBERS REHASH THAT'S LIKELY to SATISFY NOBODY (EXCEPT MAYBE the ACCOUNTANTS WHO HELP ITS RELEASING STUDIO WRITE OFF MAJOR LOSSES)...

AND DON'T EVEN GET US STARTED on the IDIOCY of RELEASING a ROM-COM with "VALENTINE'S DAY" in ITS TITLE for 4th of JULY WEEKEND...

VALARDOS: "Yep, it's every bit as romantic as this poster makes it look..."

-------------
Ye Olde Head RAZZberry

Replies:
Posted By: dEd Grimley
Date Posted: July 02 2009 at 6:14am
I hope she has another movie lined up for September that's exactly the same kind of RomCom. There's been a serious void in my life since My Life in Ruins, and I feel like it'll happen again after this one bombs out in 2 weeks.

-------------
-Iron helps us play-

Posted By: Michaels
Date Posted: July 02 2009 at 4:35pm
Nia Valardos is a one hit wonder, plain and simple.

Date Posted: July 03 2009 at 1:22am
At least if she keeps using the same formula, anyway.

-------------
-Iron helps us play-

Posted By: Movie Man
Date Posted: July 03 2009 at 5:05am
I hated her and her 'one-hit wonder' after she robbed "One Hour Photo" of the Best Adapted Screenplay spot.

Date Posted: July 04 2009 at 7:40am
It's hard to beat charming and ethnic. Unless you're making "My Life in Ruins".

-------------
-Iron helps us play-

Posted By: movieman
Date Posted: July 04 2009 at 4:10pm
If Hollywood is hoping to snag a few bucks, why would they release a movie
like this on the 4th of July and not, oh I don't know, Valentine's Day?!

Date Posted: July 05 2009 at 7:32am
I don't think anyone out there is going to find a way to really defend this product. Yea, the timing is assinine.

-------------
-Iron helps us play-

Posted By: Movie Man
Date Posted: July 06 2009 at 12:44pm
HA-HA! HA-HA!
In it's first week, the film grossed a pathetic $5,009 from three screens.

Looks like Nia's career is done for. Plus, she sure is ugly looking.

Date Posted: July 06 2009 at 2:15pm
lol Dude, she's not UGLY... She's just not hot enough to be a box office draw, or to get by on looks alone.

-------------
-Iron helps us play-

Date Posted: July 08 2009 at 1:25pm
Seriously, you would think even IFC would have the common sense to release this 5 months ago. February is the crappy movie month anyway.

Date Posted: July 09 2009 at 2:43am
I just noticed how tightly he has his lips pursed kissing her. It's like he's trying to get rid of his mouth altogether like that one scene in the Matrix where the agents have Neo before he's Neo.

-------------
-Iron helps us play-

Date Posted: July 09 2009 at 4:03pm

Originally posted by dEd Grimley

I just noticed how tightly he has his lips pursed kissing her. It's like he's trying to get rid of his mouth altogether like that one scene in the Matrix where the agents have Neo before he's Neo.

That, or he's trying to suck the Star Trek brain slug out of her ear.

Date Posted: July 10 2009 at 8:20am
He looks like he's kissing his grandma... with his dad's shotgun pressed directly against his temple.

-------------
-Iron helps us play-

Date Posted: July 10 2009 at 11:03am

Originally posted by dEd Grimley

He looks like he's kissing his grandma... with his dad's shotgun pressed directly against his temple.

No matter which way we put it, this poster just doesn't scream "romance".

Date Posted: July 11 2009 at 7:54am
But this is the fun part, finding different ways to put it.
He looks like he's trying to implode his own head, right next to her head.

-------------
-Iron helps us play-

Posted By: GTAHater767
Date Posted: January 25 2010 at 2:19pm
It dawned on me less than a week before Christmas. I want Nia Vardalos to get a RAZZIE nomination for this and My Life in Ruins. She isn't Worst Career Achievement caliber, but definitely 2009's worst one-hit wonder.

-------------
Possible Unofficial Forums, given <35% approval: Ags. 27; The November Man.

Date Posted: January 25 2010 at 6:04pm
Originally posted by GTAHater767

It dawned on me less than a week before Christmas. I want Nia Vardalos to get a RAZZIE nomination for this and My Life in Ruins. She isn't Worst Career Achievement caliber, but definitely 2009's worst one-hit wonder.
Actually, she's a 2002 one-hit wonder, considering how that was when she had her one-hit. And she was up for a Best Original Screenplay Oscar for that one-hit, too. Good thing she didn't win it because that would just further proved how her career went down the drain like Cuba Gooding Jr.'s.

Posted By: GTAHater767
Date Posted: January 25 2010 at 6:14pm
Originally posted by Michaels

Originally posted by GTAHater767

Actually, she's a 2002 one-hit wonder, considering how that was when she had her one-hit. And she was up for a Best Original Screenplay Oscar for that one-hit, too. Good thing she didn't win it because that would just further proved how her career went down the drain like Cuba Gooding Jr.'s.

Yes, her one hit took place in 2002. I meant to say "worst one-hit wonder to be proven as such in 2009". And on my Best of 2002 (there were only 25 back then)...that's right! No "My Big Fat Greek Wedding!".

-------------
Possible Unofficial Forums, given <35% approval: Ags. 27; The November Man.

Posted By: Vits
Date Posted: January 01 2011 at 5:10pm
I just saw this.

I don't know how to feel about Nia Vardalos.As an actress,she clearly tries hard,but she never gets to the point where you can say she's a good comedy actress or good drama actress(the movie has serious moments).As a writer,the dialogue it's clever in it's own way.By clever I mean the pick of words,but it doesn't sound like real conversations.Plus,it's not always funny.

This movie was a typical rom-com that,unlike some others,this acts like what it says it's new when it really isn't.Cliches are expected,but not so obvious like having the guy serenate to the girl's window.

I gave it 3/10.I gave the same rating to http://www.razzies.com/forum/my-life-in-ruins_forum360.html - MY LIFE IN RUINS .It wasn't a good year for her.It showed that maybe she just got luck with MY BIG FAT GREEK WEDDING.

-------------
You can follow me http://www.twitter.com/@Vits_Chile - @Vits_Chile

Print Page | Close Window