Print Page | Close Window

Whood She Hafta FOX to Get Into THIS Movie??

Printed From: Official RAZZIE® Forum
Category: 31st Annual RAZZIE® Award Nominees & "WINNERS"
Forum Name: JONAH HEX
Forum Discription: Nominated for 2 RAZZIES® including WORST ACTRESS / Megan Fox
URL: http://www.razzies.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=4342
Printed Date: November 28 2014 at 7:27pm

Topic: Whood She Hafta FOX to Get Into THIS Movie??
Posted By: HeadRAZZBerry
Subject: Whood She Hafta FOX to Get Into THIS Movie??
Date Posted: June 13 2010 at 11:24am
WHEN a MOVIE RILLY SUX, ITs STENCH OFTEN PRECEDES IT INTO the MARKETPLACE...  

SUCH IS the CASE with http://www.razzies.com/forum/jonah-hex_forum442.html - http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0091225/awards -  

STARRING PERENNIAL RAZZIE® TARGET (and CURRENT QUEEN of the BAD-MOUTHERS) http://www.google.com/search?ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&q=Megan+Fox&btnG=Search+Razzies.com&domains=razzies.com&sitesearch=razzies.com - ® TERRITORY in ITS CAST, http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000982/awards - http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000518/awards - http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000518/awards -
IF THIS DOESN'T TURN OUT to BE ONE of 2010's BIGGEST MONEY-LOSERS, WE'LL BET $1,000 on MEGAN FOX to RETURN in TRANSFORMERS 4: THE SEARCH FOR MORE MONEY...

FOX: "Wow! This costume reveals almost ALL of my so-called talents..." 

BROLIN: "You know, if I weren't hand-cuffed, I'd flee from this set like 
O.J. in that white Bronco..."   

-------------
Ye Olde Head RAZZberry

Replies:
Posted By: BurnHollywoodBurn
Date Posted: June 13 2010 at 4:14pm
Hehehe, "Transformers 4: The Search For More Money"! Actually, I think ALL sequels (and remakes) should have that subtitle, at least then the studios would being honest. As for Megan Fox, she's my least concern about this movie as a whole. It looks a lot like it's "Wild, Wild West 2," and that alone is a big problem.

-------------
The Four Horsemen of the Moviepocalypse: uncalled for sequels/remakes/reboots, 3-D surcharges, untalented "celebrities", and anything with Michael Bay's name attached to it.

Posted By: MiguelAntilsu
Date Posted: June 13 2010 at 6:25pm
As far as Razzie prospects go, for me this one doesn't stand out among the front-runners (Twilight: Eclipse, Killers, The Spy Next Door, The Bounty Hunter, Furry Vengeance, Vampires Suck are all on my list).  I'll know where I stand on this as soon as the reviews come in at RT and Metacritic.

-------------

Date Posted: June 13 2010 at 7:44pm
Nah, it stands out pretty clearly, based on the reason listed above. And there's no way it's getting good reviews on RT or Metacritic. 

I trust HeadRazz -- when he posts something here on the Forum, there's reasoning behind it.

-------------
The Four Horsemen of the Moviepocalypse: uncalled for sequels/remakes/reboots, 3-D surcharges, untalented "celebrities", and anything with Michael Bay's name attached to it.

Posted By: Movie Man
Date Posted: June 14 2010 at 9:36am
All right, you can have Jonah Hex -- but I draw a line when I read "the forgettable Horton Hears a Who" comment, because I thought that movie was excellent!  

-------------

Posted By: Julianstark
Date Posted: June 14 2010 at 10:23am
This looks like a disaster. I can totally see this being a camp classic (i.e. "so bad it's good"... kind of like Butterfly or Plan 9 form Outer Space) within the next ten to fifteen years. Will this be a box office bomb? Absolutely. It's opening against Toy Story 3. Granted, this movie wouldn't have made much money even if there was no competition.  

-------------
For Your 2010 Razzie Consideration: The Bounty Hunter and Leap Year --
Check out my blog! http://julianstark-moviesandotherthings.blogspot.com - Movies and Other Things

Posted By: moviewizguy
Date Posted: June 14 2010 at 10:58am
Toy Story 3 and this film have two completely different target audiences. In fact, The Karate Kid has more of a chance of getting a dent from Toy Story 3 than Jonah Hex.  

Originally posted by Julianstark

Will this be a box office bomb? Absolutely. It's opening against Toy Story 3. Granted, this movie wouldn't have made much money even if there was no competition.  

-------------

Posted By: Julianstark
Date Posted: June 14 2010 at 11:08am
True, but Toy Story 3 has a vast demographic (Disney/Pixar). In addition, it has been quite some time since Toy Story 2, which fuels a pretty good amount of anticipation. On the other hand, Jonah Hex has a much smaller demographic, has been poorly promoted, isn't exactly anticipated, and will bomb with critics. Hex won't be making a lot of money.

-------------
For Your 2010 Razzie Consideration: The Bounty Hunter and Leap Year --
Check out my blog! http://julianstark-moviesandotherthings.blogspot.com - Movies and Other Things

Date Posted: June 14 2010 at 11:13am
So? "Karate Kid" and "A-Team" were different target audiences, and "KK" BLEW "A-Team" away. And "Toy Story 3" is going to do the same to "Hex" and any other movie coming out that weekend. Why? Family film = double or triple the tickets being sold.  

Originally posted by moviewizguy

Toy Story 3 and this film has two completely different target audiences. In fact, The Karate Kid has more of a chance of getting a dent from Toy Story 3 than Jonah Hex

-------------

Posted By: JoeBacon
Date Posted: June 14 2010 at 6:38pm
Trust me, NONE of 'EM even come close to The Human Centipede! Truly the WORST picture of the Century Dead and director Tom Sicks, er, Six makes Uwe Boll look like Stanley Kubrick!!  

-------------
2014 Pic: LEFT BEHIND Actor: NICHOLAS CAGE Director: VIC ARMSTRONG, DAMN THIS SHOULD WIN EVERY RAZZIE!!!!!

Posted By: GTAHater767
Date Posted: June 14 2010 at 6:59pm
Was The Human Centipede ever released in theatres? If yes, was it limited release, several decades ago, etc (as in "What's the most likely reason I don't know about it?")?

-------------

Date Posted: June 14 2010 at 8:48pm
I don't usually quote Ebert (that's for MWG's usual excuses), but when he says a movie is so bad that his star rating systerm can't get low enough to rank it, you know you have a bad movie. But Centipede only got a limited release, so I doubt enough voting members will see it. But then again, why would anyone want to see a movie about three people being conjoined at their @$$holes?

-------------

Posted By: dEd Grimley
Date Posted: June 17 2010 at 6:14pm
Y'know, much like Ecks vs. Sever, I kinda guessed that there were enough explosions and gunfights in this movie for at least SOMEONE to like it, but it's got a straight up 00% goose egg goin on at RT at the moment. There's still time, and I feel like there WILL be at least one critic that likes it... I mean, Armond White still has a chance to weigh in, but dang. It looks horrible, and I have no plans to ever see it, but it doesn't look as bad as Disaster Movie.

-------------
-Iron helps us play-

Posted By: MiguelAntilsu
Date Posted: June 17 2010 at 9:03pm
Correction: 6%.  That's still pretty bad.  The front page says that this is the second-worst movie of the summer.  That may be right, but I don't know how this is gonna fare on the ballot.  Megan Fox will be competing against Jennifer Aniston; Director Jimmy Hayward will be competing against Robert Luketic, Brian Levant and Seltzerberg; and Josh Brolin could be competing against Jackie Chan, Ashton Kutcher and Robert Pattinson.  I would expect none of the folks from Jonah Hex are favored.

-------------

Date Posted: June 17 2010 at 9:36pm
Centipede  really isn't as bad as you make it out to be. It has a decent 47% on RT. Just get ready for the sequel. I hear they're going to conjoin 12 people!  

Originally posted by JoeBacon

Trust me, NONE of 'EM even come close to The Human Centipede! Truly the WORST picture of the Century Dead and director Tom Sicks, er, Six makes Uwe Boll look like Stanley Kubrick!!  

-------------

Date Posted: June 18 2010 at 5:02am
Wow, Miguel -- we all know you hate all things "Twilight," but you must love the original "Karate Kid" if you think Jackie Chan has a chance of winning just for that movie! No my friend, there are much worse performances to come... 

-------------

Date Posted: June 18 2010 at 5:03am
It really worries that moviewizguy is defending Centipede, and comes across as being excited for a sequel. It's NOTHING but shock value -- and even your hero Ebert hated it!

-------------

Date Posted: June 18 2010 at 12:03pm
Originally posted by BurnHollywoodBurn

It really worries that moviewizguy is defending Centipede, and comes across as being excited for a sequel. It's NOTHING but shock value -- and even your hero Ebert hated it!

I'm just defending it from the hate. I haven't seen the film myself but the reviews seem lukewarm and those who have seen it on demand say it isn't even that graphic. The director himself said there is hardly any blood spilled in the film. Oh, and Roger Ebert is like a friend of mines. I may sometime follow his opinion but we may disagree with each other on some movies. For example, he hated Kick-Ass. Oh, and me being excited for the sequel was just sarcasm.

Posted By: saturnwatcher
Date Posted: June 18 2010 at 3:00pm
Originally posted by Movie Man

All right, you can have Jonah Hex -- but I draw a line when I read "the forgettable Horton Hears a Who" comment, because I thought that movie was excellent!  
I think most of us ultimately agreed that Horton wasn't all that bad, despite the prerelease discussion it received at this site. In fairness, you can't blame us for having our doubts about that one after the live action Grinch and that cinematic hairball Cat in the Hat.

-------------
Nine times out of ten, in art as in life, there is no truth to be discovered, only an error to be exposed.--H.L. Menken

Posted By: thomsonmg2000
Date Posted: June 19 2010 at 5:45am
I honestly hoped that this film would get good reviews, what with it starring Josh Brolin and being based on a pretty good looking comic -- not to mention its having a very stylistic looking trailer. Looks like Megan Fox still has a way to go before she gets respect.   

Speaking of this movie opening up against Toy Story 3, if everyone thinks MWG is a troll, he has nothing on this critic:  

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/author/author-2725/ 

He ruins Toy Story 3's perfect 100% RT score, while giving Jonah Hex a positive review!  

-------------
Seltzerberg is back?

OH MY GOOOOOOOOOOD!!!!!!!

http://www.disastermovie.org
http://www.vampiressuck.org/

Date Posted: June 19 2010 at 8:02am
If you actually read his review for Jonah Hex, White keeps on saying how it's "easily better" than Toy Story 3. Confused  

Originally posted by thomsonmg2000

I honestly hoped that this film would get good reviews, with it starring Josh Brolin and it being based on a pretty good looking comic, not to mention a very stylistic looking trailer. Looks like Megan Fox still has a way to go before she gets respected. 

Speaking about this movie opening up against Toy Story 3, if everyone thinks MWG is a troll, he has nothing compared to this critic:

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/author/author-2725/

Ruining Toy Story 3's perfect RT score while giving this movie a positive review.

-------------

Posted By: cvcjr13
Date Posted: June 19 2010 at 10:30pm
I'm with Joe Bacon.  I watched the trailer to The Human Centipede, and it's like a gross version of the old dumb horror movies without any of the campy fun.  It's sick, badly acted, badly scripted, badly shot and just a bad concept to begin with.  A doctor goes mad and decides he wants to surgically join several humans together by their digestive tracts to bring the hypothetical "human centipede" into reality.  How can that NOT be a bad movie? 

You want clichés?  The Human Centipede starts off with the clichéd car breaking down in a forest at night in the rain so they (in this case, two women) find a house deep in the woods. 

I'm all for The Human Centipede getting its own forum.  It doesn't have a snowball's chance in hell of appearing on the nominee ballot, but it shows we Razzie members are on top of any low budget stinkfest that deserves our special attention, like last year's C Me Dance and What Goes Up

Originally posted by JoeBacon

Trust me, NONE of 'EM even come close to The Human Centipede! Truly the WORST picture of the Century Dead and director Tom Sicks, er, Six makes Uwe Boll look like Stanley Kubrick!!  

Posted By: cvcjr13
Date Posted: June 19 2010 at 10:38pm
As for Jonah Hex being the second worst movie this summer, well, I guess I'll have to see this.  I know The Expendables will be the worst, but I can't imagine Seltzerberg's Vampires Suck, scheduled for release in August, won't be in contention with Jonah Hex for second. 

But hey, that's like being in a battle for the bottom of the dung heap.  

Will any of them do well at the box office?  We already know the answer for Jonah Hex.

-------------

Date Posted: June 20 2010 at 4:36pm
Moviewizguy -- Have you ever stopped to wonder, if a movie is universally hated, there might be a reason for it? Not every movie should be defended! Sure, there's no blood in Centipede, but it's as cliched as can be...and can you really defend a movie about people being surgically connected by their bowels?

-------------

Date Posted: June 20 2010 at 4:37pm
I liked this one quote from one review I read: "Go see Johan Hex ... if you're a teen-aged male who isn't at all picky!"  

Yeah, that sums it up nicely!  

-------------

Date Posted: June 20 2010 at 4:39pm
"Jonah Hex" worse than "Expendables" and "Vampire Suck"? Nah -- I think it comes in third. Let's not forget "Killers" for 4th place. 5th place is still up for grabs.

-------------

Date Posted: June 20 2010 at 4:41pm
I third Joe Bacon's opinion. Not just for Human Centipede being a bad movie, but just for being in flat out bad taste. Granted, it won't "win" any Razzies, since I doubt anyone will bother to see it either way. But hey, you never know...    

Originally posted by cvcjr13

I'm with Joe Bacon.  I watched the trailer to The Human Centipede, and it's like a gross version of the old dumb horror movies without any of the campy fun.  It's sick, badly acted, badly scripted, badly shot and just a bad concept to begin with.  A doctor goes mad and decides he wants to surgically join several humans together by their digestive tracts to bring the hypothetical "human centipede" into reality.  How can that NOT be a bad movie? 

You want clichés?  The Human Centipede starts off with the clichéd car breaking down in a forest at night in the rain so they (in this case, two women) find a house deep in the woods. 

I'm all for The Human Centipede getting its own forum.  It doesn't have a snowball's chance in hell of appearing on the nominee ballot, but it shows we Razzie members are on top of any low budget stinkfest that deserves our special attention, like last year's C Me Dance and What Goes Up.

-------------

Date Posted: June 20 2010 at 5:18pm
But Human Centipede isn't universally hated. That's my whole point!

-------------

Posted By: RoadDogXVIII
Date Posted: June 20 2010 at 5:36pm
Say what you want about Megan Fox, but she is nowhere near the pit of badness that Christina DeMarco was in C Me Dance. I saw the trailer to that film, and I thought it was one of the biggest jokes of our generation. It's also a spit at religion like Tyler Perry's films are. And we're calling Megan Fox a bad actress? Farcical. http://www.imdb.com/name/nm2759113/ -

-------------
You think you know, but you have no idea.

Date Posted: June 20 2010 at 5:40pm
Human Centipede is not universally loved either. But I'm also talking about this constant need of yours to defend movies just because everyone else hates them. When a movie is being called bad by a large number of people, chances are it's because it IS bad. And when you say otherwise, it doesn't come across as you knowing better than these people, it comes across as "I'm going to say otherwise just so that I'll seem different!"  

Originally posted by moviewizguy

But Human Centipede isn't universally hated. That's my whole point!

-------------

Posted By: dEd Grimley
Date Posted: June 21 2010 at 11:58pm
Human Centipede has me curious. It almost sounds like it could be something in the vein of Bloodsucking Freaks. It seems likely that the execution is abysmal... as was the case of the latter... but BF had an interesting atmosphere.

-------------
-Iron helps us play-

Date Posted: June 22 2010 at 5:08pm
Human Centipede  will maybe have a cult following decades from now, but right now, it's not so much a movie as it is a dare!  

[QUOTE=dEd Grimley]Human Centipede has me curious. It almost sounds like it could be something in the vein of Bloodsucking Freaks. It seems likely that the execution is abysmal... as was the case of the latter... but BF had an interesting atmosphere.[/QUOTE

-------------

Posted By: BeastieBitch
Date Posted: June 23 2010 at 3:43pm
Megan Fox makes me wanna be a man. That aside, I knew this movie would be slaughtered by the critics.

-------------

Date Posted: June 23 2010 at 11:50pm
So you're saying Megan Fox gives the entire female gender a bad name? I don't know about BurnHollywoodBurn and dEd Grimley, but I'd say she's preaching to the choir here.

-------------

Date Posted: June 25 2010 at 9:45pm
I don't think Megan Fox gives the entire female gender a bad name. She just gives Hollywood actresses a bad name, proving you can be a success just for looking hot and not for having a single ounce of acting ability. 

Oh wait, she's only successful if she's standing next to giant, poorly rendered, CGI robots!  

-------------

Posted By: Vits
Date Posted: July 02 2010 at 10:36am
Here's a http://features.metacritic.com/features/2010/best-and-worst-westerns-since-1985/ - LINK to an article at MetaCritic, naming their choices as the so-called Best and Worst Westerns Since 1985... 

-------------
You can follow me http://www.twitter.com/@Vits_Chile - @Vits_Chile

Date Posted: July 02 2010 at 7:41pm
And apparently, now Hollywood is making "weird westerns" like "Cowboys Vs. Aliens". As if westerns aren't suffering enough as it were, now Hollywood has to bring in sci-fi elements for the final nail in the genre's coffin.

-------------

Posted By: rburton
Date Posted: July 26 2010 at 6:55pm
So I finally got around to see this today and Megan Fox is, if anything, a Worst Supporting Actress contender.  She has maybe only ten minutes of screentime and pales in comparison to the terrible supporting actors John Malkovich, Will Arnett, and Wes Bentley.  Votes should be reserved for Josh Brolin, Malkovich, and Arnett.  If Fox makes the Worst Actress line-up, it'll be because voters didn't watch the movie.  (She really isn't a lead at all.)  I guess a Supporting Actress nomination wouldn't bother me too much.

-------------
For Your Consideration

Dev Patel for WORST SUPPORTING ACTOR in The Last Fartbender

Date Posted: July 26 2010 at 8:33pm
How about Will Arnett for Worst Supporting Actor? I may be overpraising Jonah Hex (Not Johan Hex!) by saying this, but I'd be satisfied if it even got that much.

-------------

Posted By: rburton
Date Posted: July 26 2010 at 11:35pm
Originally posted by GTAHater767

How about Will Arnett for Worst Supporting Actor? I may be overpraising Jonah Hex (Not Johan Hex!) by saying this, but I'd be satisfied if it even got that much.

Hey, he's got my vote.  I loved him as G.O.B. on Arrested Development and Devon Banks on 30 Rock.  But watching him do "serious" acting is like watching a kid playing dress-up.  It'd be cute if it wasn't so damn sad.

-------------
For Your Consideration

Dev Patel for WORST SUPPORTING ACTOR in The Last Fartbender

Posted By: Film Reel Redemption
Date Posted: September 17 2010 at 11:50pm
Thankfully Brolin will have the Coen Bros' version of 'True Grit' (a re-telling of the original novel NOT a remake of the 1969 John Wayne movie) to make up for 'Jonah 'Someone's Put a' Hex 'on my Career''.

As for Megan Fox, there's absoloutely bugger all redeming for her to make up for this and her career so far

-------------
You see in this filmmaking world there's two types of people my friend. Those with the knowledge of film and those who think they do but really don't.

Posted By: Vheid
Date Posted: December 18 2010 at 2:46pm
I just watched it (for voting research-purposes).

I knew it was bad. So is it strange that I felt underwelmth by this movie?

I mean is it strange that I expected it to be better than it was, eventhought I knew it was bad?

Date Posted: December 18 2010 at 4:57pm
Originally posted by Vheid

I mean is it strange that I expected it to be better than it was, even thought I knew it was bad?
No, you knew it was going to be bad, you just didn't know it was going to be THAT bad.

-------------

Posted By: Vermn
Date Posted: January 26 2011 at 5:34pm
Can Human Centipede be as bad as my own choice for worst movie ever, Mom and Dad Save the Universe?
That movie was actually painfully bad. I know that's a popular saying, but in this case, it was actually true. I truly felt bad for everyone involved. Just when I thought it couldn't get worse, it somehow did.

Date Posted: January 26 2011 at 6:31pm
Well one is horror and the other comedy.Anyway there's only one way to find out.

-------------

Date Posted: January 26 2011 at 6:57pm
Originally posted by Vermn

Can Human Centipede be as bad as my own choice for worst movie ever, Mom and Dad Save the Universe?
That movie was actually painfully bad. I know that's a popular saying, but in this case, it was actually true. I truly felt bad for everyone involved. Just when I thought it couldn't get worse, it somehow did.
Yes, "Mom And Dad Save The Universe" was pretty damn bad. However, it was still within the realm of good taste. I'm not sure how one grades that movie against one about a mad doctor who is obsessed with connection three people together by their bowels!

-------------

Posted By: Kenjifujima
Date Posted: April 30 2011 at 1:30am
This looks like a disaster. I can totally see this becoming a camp classic!   Clap

-------------

Posted By: Michaels
Date Posted: April 30 2011 at 8:15am
Why the hell was Fox even in this movie? She appears in like 5 or 6 scenes, none of which are longer than 3 minutes, she speaks in the same monotone voice and her face is frozen in the same blank expression the whole time. They could have picked any random woman off the street to play this role, and no one would notice the difference! 

But then again, overall, the whole movie sucked anyway. I thought it was better than "Wild Wild West." However, that's not saying much!  

-------------
"Just once I want my life to be like an 80's movie ... but, no, no. John Hughes did not direct my life." ("Easy A", 2010)

Date Posted: August 25 2011 at 8:05am
I just saw it.

I don't know what happened.It started with such promise.The first 1/2 hour was very entertaining with the dialogue and the stylish action.But all of the sudden the plot became dull.Probably because this has the narrative of a comic book,not a movie.As for the soundtrack,is well suited but is not for everyone.

Usually,I find something redeeming in Fox's performances but not here.However,her role was too small.I know it's been stablished someone can be the lead despite a short screen time,but here I found her to be supporing.Anyway,Malkovich is about on the same level as her,and Brolin is a lot worse.And Michael Fassbender had one of the worst accents in movie history(I thought I'd bring this up since you nomined her accent instead of his).

I give this 4/10.
Originally posted by saturnwatcher

I think most of us ultimately agreed that Horton wasn't all that bad, despite the prerelease discussion it received at this site.
Nobody said it was bad.HeadRAZZ said it was forgettable.

-------------

Posted By: SuperTeenTopia
Date Posted: August 25 2011 at 8:59pm
I really don't know which was the worst "weird western" flick, this or "Wild Wild West". There's nothing redeeming about this movie. Everyone in it is just line-reading and the events of the plot don't have any flow to them, they just happen for the sake of moving the story along. Warner Bros can't get any of their comic book movies right outside of Batman!

-------------
"People say 'It's all about the story’. When you're making tentpole films, bull$hit." -Andy Hendrickson (Disney Animation Studios' Chief Technical Officer)

Posted By: SchumacherH8ter
Date Posted: November 01 2013 at 7:01pm
Time to review Jonah Hex, one of the weirdest movies in recent memory. I'm convinced that executive meddling played a part in its weirdness. It's shorter than most movies and it's PG-13 despite being written by the usually R-rated Neveldine/Taylor team. However, I haven't found any evidence of executive meddling ocurring, so I won't mention it in the body of the review.

Josh Brolin is entertaining as the title character. He does the best with the crappy material he's given and he has a couple of good one-liners (i.e. "Christ, women, how many men do you see in a day?", "Cut mine shaving, what you do to yours?"). Michael Fassbender is really good as Burke, villain Quentin Turnbull's insane Irish sidekick and Michael Shannon has a neat little cameo as the proprieter of a gladiator circus. Cinematography-wise, this is one of the most gorgeous awful movies in recent memory.

There are several weird examples of stunt-casting in the film. Will Arnett has a bit-part as a Union soldier who informs Jonah about the bounty on Turnbull's head. Oddly, he plays the role straight. Why bother hiring a famous comedian for a small role if you're not going to do anything funny with him? I could see if it was a bigger role and he was trying to break into dramatic roles, but his role is so small, I forgot he was in here until I looked at the cast list again. It's like Margaret Cho in One Missed Call. Aidan Quinn has a small role as President Ulysses S. Grant. The casting director must have been drunker than Grant ever was when Quinn was cast. Quinn looks nothing like Grant and he's not well-known enough to entice audiences like Lee Daniels' The Butler did. John Malkovich is bland as Quentin Turnbull. I'd say more, but, from what I hear, he only did this movie (and Transformers 3) because he was one of the people who was bilked by Bernie Madoff and he needed money desperately. Don't want to kick a man when he's down.

The biggest issue with the movie is director Jimmy Hayward. To put it bluntly, he has no talent at directing action. I was bored during the action scenes in this film. They were so boring, that I got more enjoyment and thrills out of the talking scenes. An example of his clumsy directing is when Hex ambushes Turnbull by hiding in red sand. The scene is poorly set-up (i think it might have been a flashback, but I'm not sure) and poorly shot. They should have let Neveldine/Taylor direct. They're good at directing action movies. The Crank movies were good and scenes in Ghost Rider 2 where Ghost Rider actually shows up were fun. Apparently, one of the directors who almost got the job was McG and Hayward's direction is so bad that McG might have actually been a step-up!!! Why did they let a director who's only previous film was a forgettable animated film direct this? You could ask why Brad Bird was chosen to do a live action movie as well but, as shown with The Incredibles, he knows how to do action. Megan Fox is incredibly bad as Lilah. Sure, Fox is an insanely beautiful woman, but her acting is sh*t. Also, her character was incredibly pointless. The only thing of note that she did was get kidnapped towards the end.

Jimmy Hayward's new movie http://www.razzies.com/forum/forum-members-discussion-of-free-birds_topic6341.html - Free Birds comes out today. If your child has been misbehaving or failed a test recently, I'd recommend taking him or her to see it as punishment.

My grade: D-

Next-up: I don't really have anything planned. The next reveiw will probably be After Earth.

-------------
I'm the Goddamn Batman.-All-Star Batman And Robin #2
https://twitter.com/Scott_DAgostino
Upcoming reviews: http://www.razzies.com/forum/topic7513.html

Posted By: oiram
Date Posted: November 01 2013 at 8:00pm
I read that Will Arnett fought to take the role because he did not want to be type-cast in comedic roles. 

Also, it's a bit of a stretch to claim that people don't know who Ulysses S. Grant is.

-------------
Elizabeth Hartman and Judith Barsi are more talented and beautiful than Scarlett Johansson and Chloe Grace Moretz. Fact.

Worst Supporting Actor: Brendan Fraser/Gimme Shelter and The Nut Job

Posted By: SchumacherH8ter
Date Posted: November 01 2013 at 9:47pm
1.) Hadn't heard about that. Still, if he wanted to do a dramatic role, he could have done one with more screen-time. Of course, he could have had more screen-time originally, which gives more credit to my idea that executive meddling played a part with the film's undoing.

2.) No, I meant Aidan Quinn wasn't well-known. Most of the actors playing the presidents in Lee Daniels' The Butler didn't look anything like the presidents they played, but they were well-known enough that the makers could justify their weird casting.

-------------
I'm the Goddamn Batman.-All-Star Batman And Robin #2
https://twitter.com/Scott_DAgostino
Upcoming reviews: http://www.razzies.com/forum/topic7513.html

Print Page | Close Window