Print Page | Close Window

The Vampire Albino Clown vs The Shirtless Werewolf

Printed From: Official RAZZIE® Forum
Category: 31st Annual RAZZIE® Award Nominees & "WINNERS"
Forum Name: TWILIGHT SAGA: ECLIPSE
Forum Discription: CO-"WINNER" for WORST SUPPORTING ACTOR: JACKSON RATHBONE (Nominated for 9 RAZZIES®)
URL: http://www.razzies.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=4372
Printed Date: October 25 2014 at 11:32am

Topic: The Vampire Albino Clown vs The Shirtless Werewolf
Posted By: HeadRAZZBerry
Subject: The Vampire Albino Clown vs The Shirtless Werewolf
Date Posted: June 24 2010 at 1:31pm
HOW the THREE MOPEY/DOPEY STARS of THIS FRANCHISE HAVE MANAGED to MAKE IT to THEIR THIRD MOVIE WITHOUT "WINNING" a SINGLE RAZZIE® YET IS a MYSTERY for the AGES. BUT THIS LATEST TWITTER-PATED ENTRY, SURE to SEND 11-15 YEAR-OLD GIRLS into FURTHER TWITCHING SPASMS of PRE-PUBESCENT PLEASURE, COULD FINALLY DO the TRICK. 

WITH http://www.razzies.com/forum/sure-the-razzies-will-remember-you_topic4197.html - ALREADY to HIS (DIS) CREDIT for 2010, http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1500155/ - as the WORLD's SUCKIEST ALBINO VAMPIRE WAS ALL BUT ASSURED a WORST ACTOR NOD. BUT SINCE PROGRESSIVELY SHOWING MORE MUSCLE TONE IS HIS ONLY "CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT," http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1210124/ - CAN'T BE RULED OUT, EITHER. AND AS the SIMPIEST, WIMPIEST FEMALE PROTAGONIST on SCREEN TODAY, http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0829576/ - MAY BE http://www.razzies.com/forum/whood-she-hafta-fox-to-get-into-this-movie_topic4342.html -
BUT NOW IT's YOUR TURN to GO ON-and-ON ABOUT http://www.razzies.com/forum/twilight-saga-eclipse_forum445.html - , ONE of SUMMER 2010's FEW SUREFIRE BOX OFFICE HITS, and ONE THAT's ALSO LIKELY to TAKE a HIT or TWO (OR TEN??) COME RAZZIE® NOMINATIONS MORNING, JANUARY 24, 2011... 

LAUTNER: "So, which of us do you think is gonna 'win' 
                         for this one?"  

STEWART: "Well, I bet we all get nominated at least once..."

PATTINSON: "And you know what they say -- it's an honor 
just...oh, wait --Were you talking about RAZZIE® nominations??"  

-------------
Ye Olde Head RAZZberry

Replies:
Posted By: GTAHater767
Date Posted: June 24 2010 at 1:58pm
I want this to "win" exactly 1 RAZZIE. Any category will do. Who knows where I'll put it on my Bottom 40 (?) of 2010? I won't know until January of 2011.

-------------

Posted By: Julianstark
Date Posted: June 24 2010 at 4:35pm
Taylor Lautner is overdue for a Razzie nomination. I thought Pattinson was actually decent in New Moon, so his nomination for that still baffles me. Lautner, however... that kid is absolutely terrible! Hopefully he'll get a Worst Actor nod for this and Valentine's Day (a movie I kind of enjoyed, guiltily. But Lautner was still terrible, as usual).

-------------
For Your 2010 Razzie Consideration: The Bounty Hunter and Leap Year --
Check out my blog! http://julianstark-moviesandotherthings.blogspot.com - Movies and Other Things

Posted By: BurnHollywoodBurn
Date Posted: June 24 2010 at 4:44pm
And countdown until Miguel starts ranting on about how this movie is THEE worst of the year and how it is the Razzies Awards' DUTY to give it as many awards as possible starts in 3 ... 2 ... 1 ...

-------------
The Four Horsemen of the Moviepocalypse: uncalled for sequels/remakes/reboots, 3-D surcharges, untalented "celebrities", and anything with Michael Bay's name attached to it.

Posted By: MiguelAntilsu
Date Posted: June 24 2010 at 11:17pm
Since some of you are tired of hearing me constantly complain about this movie, I'll make this as calm as possible.  This film may end up like Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen --  It'll make a lot of money, and get a lot of Razzies.  However, this film won't enter the Razzie race unchallenged.  

Other terrible films like Killers, Grown-Ups, The Bounty Hunter, The Spy Next Door, Jonah Hex, Vampires Suck, Furry Vengeance, Marmaduke, Sex and the City 2, etc. will stand in its way.  

The way I see it, Twilight: Eclipse is only favored in two categories (Worst Screen Couple and Worst Screenplay), but I would like to see it "win" more because the franchise needs to be punished for winning thirty-some popular awards over superior films, and killing American culture as a result.  It should "win" more Razzies if it makes more money than Inception.

-------------

Date Posted: June 25 2010 at 11:13am
Ah, there goes Miguel, making everything sound bigger than it really is. No, this movie will not break any records that "Trannies 2" made last year. At the most, it will make $300 million (that's including worldwide) and it will be up for a few nods, but won't win anything because there are movies much worse than it out.

In a nutshell, the top five movies that will take up the load of the nods (and Worst Picture) will mostly likely be "Johan Hex" (stars Megan Fox and was a BO bomb), "Killers" (bad reviews, rip-off of "Mr. & Mrs. Smith", stars repeat Razzie offenders), "Expandables" (features an all-star cast of repeat Razzie offenders), "Grown-Ups" (RT rating is in the single digits, features an all-star cast of repeat Razzie offenders), and "Vampires Suck" (one word: Seltzerberg, 'nuff said).

-------------
The Four Horsemen of the Moviepocalypse: uncalled for sequels/remakes/reboots, 3-D surcharges, untalented "celebrities", and anything with Michael Bay's name attached to it.

Date Posted: June 25 2010 at 11:44am
And yet women think this series is the single greatest thing to come to the movies since the invention of the rom/com. Go figure!

-------------

Date Posted: June 25 2010 at 7:56pm
Is GROWN-UPS worse than THE BOUNTY HUNTER?

-------------

Date Posted: June 25 2010 at 9:41pm
Well, both Grown-Ups and Bounty Hunter had RT ratings in the single digits, but the sheer mass of Razzie offenders in "Grown-Ups" is what makes it more appealing to Razzie voters like me.

-------------

Posted By: Vits
Date Posted: June 26 2010 at 2:18pm
When I saw the 1st trailer for this, it was the worst I'd ever seen -- All it showed was BELLA wondering who she'll choose, instead of telling us what the plot was going to be.

When I saw the new trailer in the MTV Movie Awards, they actually showed the plot, but I didn't care, because it had the most ridiculous dialogue I've heard in a long time.

And Pattinson is supporting? Maybe he'll get 2 nominations, one for each movie. That would be a dream come truth for Miguel

RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: As I understand it, Pattinson's Edward character returns to major status in this third film -- unlike the second, in which he disappeared for more than half the film and was this nominated last year as Worst Supporting Actor... 

-------------
You can follow me http://www.twitter.com/@Vits_Chile - @Vits_Chile

Date Posted: June 26 2010 at 2:23pm
Actually, I think Miguel's dream come true would be if both parts of "Breaking Dawn" broke the most "wins" record of "I Know Who Killed Me", but I doubt that will happen.

-------------

Date Posted: June 27 2010 at 1:55pm
Razzie track records don't always determine who "wins" and who doesn't.  One or more of those five could get left out when the nominations are announced.  Also, you know as well as I do that thousands of moviegoers are annoyed by this steaming pile of a franchise, and many of them think Razzie Awards would suit perfectly.  

Finally, if you look at the trailer, you can see that this movie is asking for Razzies with its whispers and long pauses and bad CGI and male shirtlessness.  How can anything be worse than this?  Furthermore, how can anyone think this will be any good?  

-------------

Date Posted: June 27 2010 at 2:26pm
Um, because as bad as this movie might be, there are much worse movies out there. "Killers" and "Grown-Ups" with one digit RT ratings, "Johan Hex" bombing and being the unofficial sequel to "Wild, Wild West", "Vampires Suck" has yet to be released, and of course "Expandables", the siren song calling out to us. That and there's still like a half-dozen 80s remakes and sequels to go through. In other words, "Twilight" movies just get lost in the crowd. Sure, maybe they MAY get a worst acting nomination here ot there, but they aren't going to sweep any major catagories. Oh, and the 670 voting members might not make up a big enough amount of those thousands of haters you mentioned.

-------------

Posted By: Berrynoia
Date Posted: June 27 2010 at 7:51pm
It's no mystery why these movies haven't "won" Razzies yet --  Hollywood simply manages to produce tons of crap far worse than the Twilight films.  Trannies 2 had its own form of stench, along with some other films of 2009 I think should have received more nominations (Miss March, Draggin Balls Evolution, & Street Fighter Chun Li had a combined 1 nomination)  How those films avoided nods (except for Hefner's March role) is, to me, more of a mystery for the ages.  And Seltzerberg didn't have a film in 09. 

Another mystery: how Hollywood is able to produce so much "worse than Twilight" grade crap.  Well, you can put in perennial Razzie contenders, make a lot of unnecessary remakes, make action-packed but minimal plot/story films, and simply not care about film quality. 

Twilight will also have opportunities in 2011 and 2012 with Radiant Dawn (split in two parts), but there may still be enough crap to out-stink those, as well.  Among those is Keanu Bebop.

-------------

Date Posted: June 27 2010 at 8:43pm

Radiant Dawn is the 10th Fire Emblem game.

On topic, I hope each half of Breaking Dawn receives exactly 1 nomination. After those 2 movies get released, the Twilight series will be all but forgotten, except for their status as RAZZIE classics.

Oh, and Burn, is it Expandables or Expendables?

-------------

Date Posted: June 27 2010 at 9:44pm
The biggest mystery of all is how "Love Guru" won the most Razzies in the same year as three Uwe Boll movies and two Seltzerberg movies! As for "Keanu Bebop", ewww, don't remind me. Not to mention there will be a "Dragonball" sequel. Good Lord, I hate Hollywood!

-------------

Date Posted: June 27 2010 at 9:48pm
I agree with GTAHater, better these movies be forgotten all together than be given even more attention through Razzie "wins." And the movie is "Expendables," as in the goverment can afford them being killed in battle, not "Expandables", suggesting they grow in size at will ... although that would make for a far more entertaining movie -- which might explain why I keep spelling it that way! 

-------------

Date Posted: June 28 2010 at 8:34am
You guys don't seem to get the picture, do you?  There is nothing worse than the Twilight Saga.  This detestable franchise killed American culture and must be punished for doing so.  Razzie Awards are the only punishment suitable enough for that crime.

Date Posted: June 28 2010 at 9:29am
I just read that early reviews indicate that this one is the best of the saga so far.

-------------

Date Posted: June 28 2010 at 1:38pm
maybe, but that's like choosing which kidney you would rather be punched in.

-------------

Date Posted: June 28 2010 at 1:55pm
No, Miguel -- YOU don't get the big picture! No one here besides you is as obsessed about this series. To us, it's just a fingerprint on a window, a bleep on the radar, it's nothing worth our time. There are much bigger fish to fry. I'll go through the rundown one last time:  

"Twilight": Only been around 3 years. Bad movies, yes, but they will be forgotten by 2012 once all of them have been released. NO ONE will remember them a decade from now. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if people actually question why the series was so popular when they look back at it. This is just the flavor of the month, nothing else. It will get away nearly scott-free except maybe on worst acting award, if that. And personally, I think the ONLY reason why you care this much about it is because you're within the target age group that the movies are suppose to cater to. Most of the Razzie voters are in their 20s, 30s, and 40s, so we couldn't care less what's popular among teenagers.

"Vampires Suck": Seltzerberg returns! These guys make Michael Bay look like Steven Spielberg! They have no talent whatsoever, are lazy as can be, have had 4 bombs in a row, and yet they are still greenlit for whatever reason. Plus, they are overdue for somehow ducking the awards two years agao, when "Disaster Movie" should have had a clean sweep.

"Killers": Biggest rip-off of another movie all year. Kutcher and Heigl, Razzie favorites who have managed to get away clean thus far. RT rating in the single digits.

'Grown-Ups": Adam Sandler, another talentless hack, a man-child. How this man-child has been the success he has been is beyond me. 15 years, that's how long we've had to deal with his s***. I guess he speaks the mental midget in all of us. And then he brings his equally talentless butt buddies along for the ride, other guys whose careers should be dead and buried. Sandler is a favorite of the Razzies, and to further sweeten the deal, the movie's RT rating is in the single digits.

"Johan Hex": Might as well call it "Wild, Wild West 2". Ripped apart by critics, will never even break even at the rate it's going. Also stars Razzie favorite, Megan Fox.

"Expendables": One word, Stallone. He is the Razzie's Meryl Streep. Don't ask me why, but he is. Personally, I think there are actors much worse then him. He puts together a team of other Razzies favorites in what we be the must cut and dry action movie he can throw together. It's like waving a big, raw streak infront of a hungry lion. 

In other words, there's just stuff out there that's much worse than some flavor of the month teen fad who wins a bunch of pointless, useless public voting awards.

-------------

Posted By: moviewizguy
Date Posted: June 28 2010 at 2:18pm
Wow. 3 positive reviews on RT so far and 2 are from the top critics while the other is actually a credible critic! I know the trailer was fantastic and all but now I'm really excited.

Date Posted: June 28 2010 at 2:50pm
I think MWG just made Miguel's hate list.

-------------

Date Posted: June 28 2010 at 4:17pm
Some "Seltzerberg" movies weren't bombs. Despite bad reviews, they did well at the box office.

-------------

Date Posted: June 28 2010 at 5:43pm
Only because they made $100 million, although their budgets were half that. However, their BO takes went lower and lower with each movie. Still, you can't tell me they have an ounce of talent between them, or that their movies are funny -- even by accident.  

RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: I am unclear what Seltzerberg movie you are suggesting "made $100 million" -- Here's http://www.boxofficemojo.com/genres/chart/?id=spoof.htm - to a list of the all time top-grossing "Comedy/Spoof" movies, showing that DATE MOVIE was their most successful film, and it topped out at $48 million domestic...

-------------

Date Posted: June 28 2010 at 5:49pm
Actually, Miguel should be thanking MWG, because he just jinxed the movie for him -- Each and every time MWG points out how great the first reviews are for a movie, it then gets about a thousand negative reviews!

-------------

Posted By: Mayhem5185
Date Posted: June 29 2010 at 12:03am
I don't know what's getting more tiresome, Miguel's constant whining about how Twilight ruins American culture, or Burn's counter-whining about Miguel's whining. It's like watching Hannity and Colmes, except instead of a neo-Nazi conservative bashing Droopy the Dog over the head, we get a habitual cynic bashing on a whiner who may (or may not) be insane.

Look, this is a site for discussing bad movies, and for all the crap we give Miguel, it should be brought up that New Moon got an abysmal 27% on RT, and was generally hated by almost anyone who wasn't a diehard fan or a tweener girl. (I was dragged on a date to see it, it really was bad). So there is some validity to his claims that this movie might be one of the worst of the year, (especially if you go by the time honored system that sequels tend to get even worse than the previous one, which so far has been the case). I personally don't think it will be a front runner, given the amount of sh*t we have on our plate so far (My moneys on Grown Ups), but it definitely does deserve our full consideration.

And on a slightly different note, Gee-Wiz and Vits, lets keep the posting of early reviews to a minimum. There's going to be well over a hundred reviewers (maybe 200) in the next couple of days for this film, so it really is pointless to be discussing whether or not a movie will be good from the first dozen or so. (GI Joe anyone?)

-------------
I don't have pet peeves, I have major psychotic f**king hatreds! George Carlin

Posted By: -1
Date Posted: June 29 2010 at 5:58am
Another one?

-------------
One push is all you need.....

Date Posted: June 29 2010 at 10:24am
I wouldn't call it thousands. It's almost on the same level as the first and far better than the second. 

Originally posted by BurnHollywoodBurn

Actually, Miguel should be thanking MWG, because he just jinxed the movie for him -- Each and every time MWG points out how great the first reviews are for a movie, it then gets about a thousand negative reviews!

-------------

Date Posted: June 29 2010 at 11:18am
I was including worldwide gross, too, since that seems to be the new standard that Hollywood likes to go by. 

Originally posted by HeadRAZZberry

RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: I am unclear what Seltzerberg movie you are suggesting "made $100 million" -- Here's  http://www.boxofficemojo.com/genres/chart/?id=spoof.htm -  to a list of the all time top-grossing "Comedy/Spoof" movies, showing that DATE MOVIE was their most successful film, and it topped out at $48 million domestic...

-------------

Date Posted: June 29 2010 at 11:20am
Okay, HUNDREDS of negative reviews come rushing in after you point out the few good reviews that come out first. 

Originally posted by moviewizguy

I wouldn't call it thousands. It's almost on the same level as the first and far better than the second.

-------------

Date Posted: June 29 2010 at 11:22am
Well, if you don't like my posts, you could simply not read them! 

But seriously, wasn't American culture already ruined by the time MTV came to be?  

Originally posted by Mayhem5185

I don't know what's getting more tiresome, Miguel's constant whining about how Twilight ruins American culture, or Burn's counter-whining about Miguel's whining. It's like watching Hannity and Colmes, except instead of a neo-Nazi conservative bashing Droopy the Dog over the head, we get a habitual cynic bashing on a whiner who may (or may not) be insane. 

-------------

Date Posted: June 29 2010 at 11:51am

Only because they made $100 million, although their budgets were half that. However, their BO takes went lower and lower with each movie. Still, you can't tell me they have an ounce of talent between them, or that their movies are funny -- even by accident.
I never said they're movies were hits.They weren't.But they weren't boms either.They all grossed twice their budget.And I do think they were accidents.
Originally posted by Mayhem5185

And on a slightly different note, Gee-Wiz and Vits, lets keep the posting of early reviews to a minimum. There's going to be well over a hundred reviewers (maybe 200) in the next couple of days for this film, so it really is pointless to be discussing whether or not a movie will be good from the first dozen or so. (GI Joe anyone?)
The only reason I mentioned them is because those comments were said by others in other forums,and I thought you all wanted to know.Anyway I have no problem with stop doing it.

After all,right before they were released,HOT TUB TIME MACHINE and MACGRUBER had 100%.

-------------

Date Posted: June 29 2010 at 12:18pm
But it is rather pointless to point out the few dozen good reviews when there will be hundreds in total still to come. It's just to wait until a Saturday to lay claim to if critics like it or not, instead of jumping the gun and pointing out early reviews for mid-week showings. It goes to show Gee-Wiz just really wants people to think the movie is good. 

Originally posted by Vits

The only reason I mentioned them is because those comments were said by others in other forums,and I thought you all wanted to know.Anyway I have no problem with stop doing it.

After all,right before they were released,HOT TUB TIME MACHINE and MACGRUBER had 100%.

-------------

Date Posted: June 29 2010 at 1:41pm
The top critics seem to be enjoying this film more. Still, more than half the critics liked the film. 

-------------

Date Posted: June 29 2010 at 1:44pm
Dude, give it a few more days, and wait for the floodgates to open. A few "top" critics don't matter. The overall opinion of 200+ does. 

-------------

Posted By: RoadDogXVIII
Date Posted: June 29 2010 at 2:05pm
Hey, funny thing is, it's getting good reviews now. Duh-what?

-------------
You think you know, but you have no idea.

Date Posted: June 29 2010 at 2:31pm
I can already picture Miguel pulling his hair out over that.

-------------

Date Posted: June 29 2010 at 4:55pm
I hope the positive reviews don't last. I'll be goshdarned if Twilight ever beats Harry Potter in the next year and a half!

-------------

Date Posted: June 29 2010 at 5:11pm
Last time you said Top Critics did matter but now you say they don't matter. I see you're using selective ratings to make yourself sound right. This film has an even higher rating on Metacritic. 

RESPONSE from head RAZZberry: FYI, MWG - Almost every movie has a "higher rating on MetaCritic," that's part of why we recently began including lynx to their pages on current releases as well as lynx for RT -- for balance. Also, the current "rating" for TWITTY SAGA: EEK! LIPS! over a MC reads "mixed or average reviews" ( http://www.metacritic.com/film/titles/twilightsaga3 -

Date Posted: June 29 2010 at 5:50pm
I never said top critics matter, I said what the sum of the critics added up mattered. Well, we won't know for sure what the critic's final say is until Friday or Saturday. By then, Miguel will either be jumping for joy or hitting his head against a wall.

-------------

Posted By: JoeBacon
Date Posted: June 29 2010 at 8:35pm
This is getting good reviews? 

Maybe you'd better read Roger Ebert's review. It's priceless! 

http://rogerebert.suntimes.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20091118/REVIEWS/911199998 - http://rogerebert.suntimes.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20091118/REVIEWS/911199998

-------------
2014 Pic: LEFT BEHIND Actor: NICHOLAS CAGE Director: VIC ARMSTRONG, DAMN THIS SHOULD WIN EVERY RAZZIE!!!!!

Date Posted: June 29 2010 at 9:36pm
How long until Ebert writes a review for Eclipse? (That one's for New Moon) Will it be even more priceless?

-------------

Posted By: DarkPhoenixSaga
Date Posted: June 29 2010 at 9:50pm
Are you kidding me? A Dragonball sequel after the critics and true Dragonball fans of the anime responded with hatred for the first movie, they've got the nerve to make a sequel?!?!? Angry 

Not to mention there will be a "Dragonball" sequel. Good Lord, I hate Hollywood!

-------------

Date Posted: June 29 2010 at 9:58pm
Your anger at Hollywood shows clearly. And if they're making a sequel to Dragonball: Evolution, I have a question: Is Hollywood high, or just incredibly stupid?

-------------

Date Posted: June 30 2010 at 7:01am
Didn't Ebert gave New Moon a "1/2 star" rating? So, technically, Eclipse is 4 times better than New Moon!  

RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: You, MWG -- Did you actually read Ebert's review? Here's a http://rogerebert.suntimes.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20100628/REVIEWS/100629977 -

-------------

Posted By: saturnwatcher
Date Posted: June 30 2010 at 8:48am
With a little over 100 reviews in (actually 101) this is at a 50% at RT. I think there is one more negative than positive. My guess is that it is going to stay right there. As HeadRazz noted, that isn't exactly a ringing endorsement, but it is just about what should have expected. Once again, I don't think most of us would care much for this, but it probably isn't bad enough to take into our hearts...not with junk like Johnas Hex, Grownups, The Expendable et al out there.

-------------
Nine times out of ten, in art as in life, there is no truth to be discovered, only an error to be exposed.--H.L. Menken

Date Posted: June 30 2010 at 10:31am
Before Eclipse came out, I considered it overhyped.  Now that the critics have their say, I consider it overrated.  According to news reports, Eclipse is not expected to overtake any of New Moon's records.  If it fails to make a colossal amount of money this weekend, then the hunt for the Worst Movie of 2010 will continue.  I still think it has a shot at Worst Screen Couple, Worst Screenplay and Worst Actor, but for now, it has fallen out of the race for Worst Picture.

Date Posted: June 30 2010 at 10:57am
Originally posted by DarkPhoenixSaga

Are you kidding me? A Dragonball sequel after the critics and true Dragonball fans of the anime responded with hatred for the first movie, they've got the nerve to make a sequel?!?!? Angry 
Sadly, it made its money back overseas, and since Hollywood now includes that in their box office grosses, they consider it a good sign to make another one. Because, you know, who are critics and anime fans to the studio heads? Just a bunch of flies to smack away while they count their millions.

-------------

Date Posted: June 30 2010 at 10:59am
Yeah, Worst Picture this is not. You'll have to make do with the nods you mentioned. I like the headline for USA Today's review: "Keep Your Shirt On: The Movie Isn't THAT Good!"  

Originally posted by MiguelAntilsu

Before Eclipse came out, I considered it overhyped.  Now that the critics have their say, I consider it overrated.  According to news reports, Eclipse is not expected to overtake any of New Moon's records.  If it fails to make a colossal amount of money this weekend, then the hunt for the Worst Movie of 2010 will continue.  I still think it has a shot at Worst Screen Couple, Worst Screenplay and Worst Actor, but for now, it has fallen out of the race for Worst Picture.

-------------

Date Posted: June 30 2010 at 12:10pm
I saw it and I have to say: Who knew a Twilight film would have the most beheadings in the PG-13 category. I liked how they balanced the romance with humor as well. There's a lot of clever disalogue from the screenwriter. For example, in one scene, Edward asks Bella about Jacob, "Doesn't he have a shirt?" It's little scenes like these that actually give humor to the love triangle and it makes it a lot less cheesy compared to the first two. Oh, and I loved the climatic fight battle.

Date Posted: June 30 2010 at 12:30pm
At least the series is now poking fun at itself.

-------------

Date Posted: June 30 2010 at 1:54pm
Bella once again finds herself surrounded by danger as Seattle is ravaged by a string of mysterious killings and a malicious vampire continues her quest for revenge. In the midst of it all, she is forced to choose between her love for Edward and her friendship with Jacob — knowing that her decision has the potential to ignite the ageless struggle between vampire and werewolf. With her graduation quickly approaching, Bella is confronted with the most important decision of her life. (Summit Entertainment)

Once the opening scene is over and the title appears with Howard Shore's epic soundtrack playing in the background, you know that ECLIPSE is going to be good. Unlike NEW MOON, there's actually SOMETHING happening in here! There are characters DOING things, which is something more I can say for the previous sequel. And because the film has a very interesting plot akin to a horror film, ECLIPSE is easily the most exciting and cinematic film in the series!

But just because there is a body count doesn't rule it out as a romance. Yes, the romance is still here. Yes, there is still the love triangle. Yes, Bella still has to choose between Edward and Jacob. But all of this is not as bad and tedious as you might think mostly due to Melissa Rosenberg's screenplay. This time around, she decides to add clever lines and something called humor into the romance. For example, in one scene, Edward asks Bella about Jacob, "Doesn't he have a shirt?" It's little scenes like these that make the love story a lot less cheesy and more welcoming compared to the first two films which everything was so serious they could pass for soap operas.

Like the HARRY POTTER series, it's interesting to see different styles from the many directors that are attached for each film. With David Slade now on the directing chair, the film is improved with a much tighter direction and a faster pace. With experience from the horror genre, Slade knows how to create exciting action sequences. In fact, Slade pulls no punches in the climatic battle scene(s). Honestly, you get your money's worth. Who knew a TWILIGHT film would have the most beheadings in a PG-13 film? Honestly, there were some really brutal scenes.

The cast is still good but more mature in their roles. Kristen Stewart gives a wonderful performance as always. I also liked Robert Pattinson and Taylor Lautner, especially in one scene where they get to spew out clever dialogue at one another about how they're the better man for Bella. Anna Kendrick, who had her rise of fame in UP IN THE AIR last year, doesn't appear much in the film, unfortunately, but it's always great to see her when she does, including one important scene. Billy Burke is still the same great father we saw him in the previous two films.

Most of the Cullen clan have considerably more to do in this sequel, most notably Jackson Rathbone. There are even origin stories on two of them, both of which are very interesting while one of them is eerily similar to Bill Compton's in TRUE BLOOD. Xavier Samuel plays the new villain and he gives a menacing performance. Bryce Dallas Howard replaces Rachelle Lefevre as the new Victoria and she does a good job as well, although she's underused.

Even the visual effects are improved! I didn't know how they did it, but the sparkling skin on Edward is suddenly not laughable anymore. I also liked the look of the CGI wolves and their interactions with the actors. There's one scene with Bella petting Jacob in his transformation and it looked believable. Oh, and it's great to listen to Howard Shore's soundtrack along with seeing the sweeping cinematography.

While it won't bring newcomers to the franchise, ECLIPSE is an improvement over NEW MOON. The romance is less cheesier, the action scenes are a lot bigger, the plot is a lot more interesting, and the film finally has a sense of humor. If you're not a fan of the TWILIGHT saga, you know what to do without me telling you. However, for the fans of the series, you'll be completely satisfied. 7/10

Date Posted: June 30 2010 at 2:51pm
A Twilight film has the most beheadings ever in the PG-13 category? But who's counting? Oh...

-------------
Nine times out of ten, in art as in life, there is no truth to be discovered, only an error to be exposed.--H.L. Menken

Posted By: Berrynoia
Date Posted: June 30 2010 at 4:08pm
Twilight stuff could get Razzies for wrecking our culture (like Trannies 2 and such) but it isn't even worst of THIS week.

Take a look at http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/last_airbender/ - "that other Avatar" from M. Night Shylaman (sp?).

-------------

Date Posted: June 30 2010 at 4:35pm
I'm surprised HeadRAZZBerry hasn't added The Last Airbender to the contenders list yet!  

RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: Just added one this morning -- Here's the http://www.razzies.com/forum/topic4398_post32534.html#32534 - ...

-------------

Date Posted: June 30 2010 at 6:00pm
Originally posted by saturnwatcher

But who's counting? Oh...

There's no need to count. That's the point. There was so many in the third act that you just knew it. I think Scary Movie 3 had like 3 beheadings (in a funny way) and that's the most. This one had more than 3 so I really didn't need to count.

Date Posted: June 30 2010 at 8:32pm
Holy butt f**king dog sh*t, screw this movie, The Last Air Bender is at 6% right now, with reviews that say things like "The most well-rounded failure of the year so far.",  "I believe M. Night can ruin the world", and my personal favorite "M. Night Shyamalan's THE LAST AIRBENDER is a hate crime against those who love movies!!!!"

The downward spiral for Mr. "What a Twist" continues...

Date Posted: July 01 2010 at 2:09pm
Why do I even try? LOL

-------------

Date Posted: July 01 2010 at 2:15pm

This movie has broken the midnight record and made $68M at the box office on opening day.  Remember when I said that Eclipse would get my pick for Worst Movie of 2010 if it made more money than Inception?  That factor is still in play, only a lighter title will be given to it instead: Worst Blockbuster of 2010.

Date Posted: July 01 2010 at 5:50pm
Sorry, Miguel, but as of July 1, no one here gives a s*** about "Twilight." "Airbender" is our new favorite for Worst Picture. I mean, LOOK at those reviews! 

As for "Inception" only time will tell if it will be as successful at the box office.

-------------

Date Posted: July 01 2010 at 7:48pm
I had a feeling Airbender would be bad, i just didn't expect it would get worse reviews than Grown Ups or Johan Hex. Add in the fact this is going up against one of the most popular teen fads right now, and you got a new front runner for worst of the year!

Date Posted: July 02 2010 at 2:18pm

While I don't think any of these movies need much attention from us, I have to admit that the whole thing puzzles me a bit. We have this hot teen chick who is trying to decide if she wants to fall in love with a vampire or a werewolf. Where the heck does she live? Mayberry? Are the only other single guys in town Floyd, Barney and Goober? Has she given any thought to giving internet dating a shot? I guess if all else fails, couldn't she just marry the vampire and keep the werewolf for a family pet? Maybe they make Purina Werewolf Chow.

-------------

Date Posted: July 02 2010 at 2:25pm
Yeah, when the plot of a movie falls apart as easily as this one when you look deeper into the story, something is wrong. Very, very wrong. 

But apparently not as wrong as everything about "Last Fart-bender"! 

-------------

Date Posted: July 02 2010 at 2:43pm
I'm avoiding finding out anything more about the Last Fart Bender than I absolutely have to at this time, because it is becoming a dead on certainty that I am going to have to watch it sometime after the Razzie nominating ballot comes out...  

-------------

Date Posted: July 02 2010 at 2:48pm
I think you're spot-on right, saturnwatcher.

-------------

Date Posted: July 03 2010 at 2:52pm
The concensus has been made:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YQKQ_mH3cH0
And here's something extra:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UAifXnvq9Qs

-------------

Posted By: TaRaN-RoD
Date Posted: July 19 2010 at 8:40pm
This piece of crap MUST win every Razzies in every categories!! It's already a shame that New Moon didn't win anything, with this one we should correct the mistake!! All "Worst Picture", "Worst Screenplay", "Worst Actress: Kristen Stewart", etc. EVERYTHING!!!

And the one who named "The Expendables" would you shut the hell out!! It will be nothing else than the best movie of the year with Shutter Island and Inception!!

Stallone and DiCaprio FTW !!!

Date Posted: July 19 2010 at 8:49pm
Originally posted by TaRaN-RoD

This piece of crap MUST win every Razzies in every categories!! It's already a shame that New Moon didn't win anything, with this one we should correct the mistake!! All "Worst Picture", "Worst Screenplay", "Worst Actress: Kristen Stewart", etc. EVERYTHING!!!

And the one who named "The Expendables" would you shut the hell out!! It will be nothing else than the best movie of the year with Shutter Island and Inception!!

Yeah, "Eclipse" isn't going to sweep anything, thanks to "Last Fartbender".

"Expendables" will be on par with "Shutter Island" and "Inception"? Ah ... I'll let saturnwatcher take it from here ...

-------------

Date Posted: July 20 2010 at 8:04am

Wow. lol

Date Posted: July 20 2010 at 11:17am

People of Razzie team, your opinion about The Expendables doesn't worth crap because you just hate Stallone, this is it, this is everything! You don't understand that not only Stallone is a great artist, but also that EVEN if you don't like him he is able of doing something great!

Date Posted: July 20 2010 at 12:32pm

People of Razzie team, your opinion about The Expendables doesn't worth crap because you just hate Stallone, this is it, this is everything! You don't understand that not only Stallone is a great artist, but also that EVEN if you don't like him he is able of doing something great!
And you need to know just because your favorite actor is in the movie, that doesn't mean that by default it will be a great movie. "Shutter Island" and "Inception" aren't great movies just because Dicaprio is in them. They are great because they have great writers/directors behind the camera so ALL aspects of filmmaking are good. You could have Robert De Niro, Joe Pesci, Al Pacino, and Tom Hanks all in a movie together, but if the movie is directed by Uwe Boll, it will suck no matter who stars in it because the man behind the scenes has no talent. Now, I'm not one to jump the gun and declare "Expendables" the shoe-in for Worst Picture, but if it gets single digit scores at RT and bombs at the box office, it's going to be in serious trouble with Razzie voters.

-------------

Date Posted: July 20 2010 at 4:26pm
The Expendables should go at the Academy Awards, not the Razzies... Is it all because it's an action movie?? Is it really what you guys think, that all action movies are stupid...???

Date Posted: July 20 2010 at 5:29pm

The Expendables should go at the Academy Awards, not the Razzies... Is it all because it<s an action movie?? Is it really what you guys think, that all action movies are stupid...???
I know you love Stallone and all, but there is no way this movie is going anywhere near the Oscars. Spike TV's Scream Awards, sure, Saturn Awards, maybe, but not the Oscars. And yes, in the eyes of Oscar voters, action movies are stupid. But, if you do go see this movie and see some kind of higher meaning behind it other than gun fights, fist fights, and stuff being blown up, more power to you.

-------------

Date Posted: July 20 2010 at 6:22pm
I see a philosophical sense in a lot of Sly's movies that people don't seem to see! And I support my opinion that one day Sly's gonna return to the Oscars with nominations!

Date Posted: July 20 2010 at 6:31pm

I see a philosophical sense in a lot of Sly's movies that people don't seem to see! And I support my opinion that one day Sly's gonna return to the Oscars with nominations!
Then please, do tell, list these philosophical senses that you see in all of Stallone's movies. This is something we all NEED to hear.

-------------

Date Posted: July 20 2010 at 7:29pm
Just take Paradise Alley, it shows that a family is strong enough to make forget about loving a woman!

Rocky, an all time masterpiece, shows to us that whoever you are, you could succeed in life!

First Blood, it shows how the Vietnam Veterans were traumatized in war, and how they cannot act once home!

Cobra, crime never pays!

Get Carter, family worths revenge!

Cop Land, society isn't fair at all!

I could continu but I think I'm okay with this for the moment!

And in all these movies Stallone acts great!

Date Posted: July 20 2010 at 8:43pm

Just take Paradise Alley, it shows that a family is strong enough to make forget about loving a woman!

Rocky, an all time masterpiece, shows to us that whoever you are, you could succeed in life!

First Blood, it shows how the Vietnam Veterans were traumatized in war, and how they cannot act once home!

Cobra, crime never pays!

Get Carter, family worths revenge!

Cop Land, society isn't fair at all!

I could continu but I think I'm okay with this for the moment!

And in all these movies Stallone acts great!
No, you have to keep going, because I don't think we are convinced. I mean, come on, there's a deeper meaning to "Cobra"?! Even Stallone himself said he regrets making that movie. The very first "Rocky" and "Rambo" movies I'll give you credit for, however after those movies, every sequel just went into a downward spiral.

-------------

Date Posted: July 20 2010 at 9:18pm

And I support my opinion that one day Sly's gonna return to the Oscars with nominations!
The only reason why he was nominated for "Best Actor" was because it was his first main role and people hadn't seen that kind of acting,which suited perfectly with the role,which he wrote for himself.That's also the reason why he won't be nominated again,because he always act the same way.I'd say he has as much facial versability as Taylor Lautner.

-------------

Date Posted: July 20 2010 at 9:38pm

The only reason why he was nominated for "Best Actor" was because it was his first main role and people hadn't seen that kind of acting,which suited perfectly with the role,which he wrote for himself.That's also the reason why he won't be nominated again,because he always act the same way.I'd say he has as much facial versability as Taylor Lautner.
Thank you for that explaination, Vits. That is what we trying to explain to Taran, but it seems his childhood memories of Stallone are too powerful for him to understand this.

-------------

Date Posted: July 21 2010 at 1:25pm
Yes I know Stallone regrets a lot of the movies he's done... but we're off topic, let's talk about this in the Stallone's section!
But what I have to say about Twilight, is that it's the worst movie ever made so I hope the third one will pick up at leat 1 Razzie! Taylor Lautner, Kristen Stewart and Robert Pattisson are all three just awful!

Date Posted: July 21 2010 at 3:20pm

Yes I know Stallone regrets a lot of the movies he's done... but we're off topic, let's talk about this in the Stallone's section!
But what I have to say about Twilight, is that it's the worst movie ever made so I hope the third one will pick up at leat 1 Razzie! Taylor Lautner, Kristen Stewart and Robert Pattisson are all three just awful!
Okay, no more Stallone bashing in this section.

-------------

Posted By: ziesha
Date Posted: October 08 2010 at 2:02am
I really loved Robert 's role in this movie. Must say that crew really works hard on this kind of movie, and Kristen was also looking very gorgeous in this!  

-------------

Date Posted: October 08 2010 at 2:09pm
Well yeah, everything looks good on a superficial level, but once you get past how everything looks, the rest of the movie is quite hollow...  

-------------

Date Posted: November 09 2010 at 3:07pm
Like Miguel predicted,this is the most nominated movie at the People's Choice Awards with 8.I told him INCEPTION had more chances,but I didn't know they were competing in the same categories!

Obviously I won't vote for "Movie","Drama Movie","Movie Actor"(Pattinson and Lautner),"On-Screen Team" or "Movie Star Under 25"(Stewart and Pattinson).But Maybe "Movie Actress"(Stewart),because she acts alright.

-------------

Date Posted: November 09 2010 at 7:37pm

Anyone who votes for Twilight Saga: Eclipse at the Choice Awards, here's a message for you: Don't be surprised if, a decade later, you look back and ask, "What did I ever see in that series?"

-------------

Date Posted: November 09 2010 at 8:28pm
It will win almost everything and anything it's just for. Cue the token Miguel complaining about how these movies will bring about the end of humanity!

-------------

Date Posted: November 09 2010 at 8:50pm
He's not the only one. Breaking Dawn Part 2 is scheduled, if I'm not mistaken, for the last two months of the Mayan Calendar at the end of 2012.

-------------

Date Posted: November 09 2010 at 9:21pm
Yeah, but you could say that the possibility of Sarah Palin being elected President would also be around that time.

-------------

Date Posted: November 10 2010 at 7:46am
I don't think so: 

This will win "Actress" and "Star Under 25", and INCEPTION will win "Movie" and "Movie Drama". They both could win "Actor" and "On-Screen team". It's a tie then.

-------------

Date Posted: November 10 2010 at 7:59pm
Well, I did say "almost!"  

It will win almost everything and anything it's just for.

I don't think so:

This will win "Actress" and "Star Under 25",and INCEPTION willwin "Movie" and "Movie Drama".They both could win "Actor" and "On-Screen team".It's a tie then.

-------------

Posted By: Areyouserious?
Date Posted: December 22 2010 at 5:14am
I agree, I think the dialogue is way too cheesy,the point never seems to arrive,
And I believe I lost a pair of pants playing a game that involves taking a shot whenever kristen stewart breathes unnesicarily.
I am fifteen myself, read the books and MOVED ON. I hate taylor lautner despite that I am a
Teenage girl , and I really enjoy pattinson in how to be.How is it that lautner cannot produce a ashen or even angry face? We all know he's on 'roids.  

Originally posted by Julianstark

Taylor Lautner is overdue for a Razzie nomination. I thought Pattinson was actually decent in New Moon, so his nomination for that still baffles me. Lautner, however... that kid is absolutely terrible! Hopefully he'll get a Worst Actor nod for this and Valentine's Day (a movie I kind of enjoyed, guiltily. But Lautner was still terrible, as usual). 

-------------
I will be famous:) Till then I'll prove how ridiculous hollywood is.

Date Posted: December 22 2010 at 8:59am

I don't think so: 

This will win "Actress" and "Star Under 25", and INCEPTION will win "Movie" and "Movie Drama". They both could win "Actor" and "On-Screen team". It's a tie then.
I forgot THE SOCIAL NETWORK was loved by audiences as much as critics.That will win "Movie Drama".

-------------

Posted By: suziqueues
Date Posted: January 26 2011 at 7:13am
You are obviously one of those people who looks for the worst part of every person/situation...  ECLIPSE is not the best movie ever made, but it is quite obvious that someone who has a problem with all the Twilight attention signed up to cast their dutiful vote.  The film is true to the book for the most part.  What bothered me most was that it was fairly easy to see what was done outdoors vs. on a set.  That's a production/directorial issue. 

And, if anyone wants to go toe to toe to Rob's performance in "Remember Me", I'm encouraging that idea --  It was a great movie, and he did a spectacular job in it.

My husband took me to the first Twilight movie and we laughed through most of it (it was hard to do justice to that great novel and Rosalie looked more like a drag-queen that "the most beautiful" girl in the world).  Now Nikki Reed looks great, so I hope nothing negative sticks there.  My husband couldn't figure out why I laughed profusely when we watched "Shark Boy and Lava Girl" with our daughter one day - until he finally saw "New Moon" - favorite line from Shark Boy (almost reused in the theater scene in New Moon; "are you hungry; want a knuckle sandwhich?".  Out of the three movies so far, this one was the one my husband wanted to see.  Vampires emerging from the water; an army to kill annoying, self-absorbed Bella, et al.  

When I saw the 1st trailer for this, it was the worst I'd ever seen -- All it showed was BELLA wondering who she'll choose, instead of telling us what the plot was going to be.

When I saw the new trailer in the MTV Movie Awards, they actually showed the plot, but I didn't care, because it had the most ridiculous dialogue I've heard in a long time.

-------------
LTA,
SuziQueues

Date Posted: January 26 2011 at 6:09pm
Welcome Suziqueues.

You misread.I was judging the trailer.I haven't even seen thee movie.

-------------

Posted By: Jennifar
Date Posted: February 18 2011 at 8:54am
I like the vampire and shirtless but there are Other terrible films like Killers, Grown-Ups, The Bounty Hunter, The Spy Next Door, Jonah Hex, Vampires Suck, Furry Vengeance, Marmaduke, Sex and the City 2, etc. will stand in its way.  

Date Posted: February 18 2011 at 8:57am
The first trailer is not so good even my friends said that this is the one of the worst film in the world.

Date Posted: February 18 2011 at 8:58am
I like the movie and like the every part of the role played by Robert.

Posted By: theonlydevice007
Date Posted: March 13 2011 at 8:09am
Thanks for sharing imdb & links , I love this movie series!  

Posted By: Jenneez
Date Posted: May 29 2011 at 8:19pm
This movie should certainly get a Razzie 1. This is one of the best Vampire movies of all time. Enough said!

Print Page | Close Window