Print Page | Close Window

Please, Go JACK Yer ASS in Someone's Else's Face!

Printed From: Official RAZZIE® Forum
Category: DISCUSSIONS & POLLS on 2010 RELEASES
Forum Name: JACK-ASS 3-D
Forum Discription: Oh, Goody! 100 Minutes of The Intellectually Challenged Injuring Themselves...in 3-D!!
URL: http://www.razzies.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=4608
Printed Date: December 22 2014 at 10:37am

Topic: Please, Go JACK Yer ASS in Someone's Else's Face!
Posted By: HeadRAZZBerry
Subject: Please, Go JACK Yer ASS in Someone's Else's Face!
Date Posted: October 09 2010 at 1:16pm
THIS ONE'S a NO-BRAINER...in EVERY SENSE! http://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/?id=jackass.htm - " http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0322802/awards - http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0322802/awards -  EIGHT YEARS AGO...#2  http://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/?id=jackass2.htm -
THAT  http://www.razzies.com/forum/jackass-3d_forum463.html -

THERE, OUR RANT IS OVER...NOW LET'S HEAR YOURS! 

TOGA TWITS: THEIR PARENTS MUSIC BE SO PROUD!

-------------
Ye Olde Head RAZZberry

Replies:
Posted By: Vits
Date Posted: October 09 2010 at 2:25pm
This movie is unnecessary (like most sequels) because JACKASS isn't the sh*t anymore. The only reason why they made it was because of the success of THE DUDESONS. 

-------------
You can follow me http://www.twitter.com/@Vits_Chile - @Vits_Chile

Posted By: BurnHollywoodBurn
Date Posted: October 09 2010 at 4:53pm
If there was ever a TV series or movie series that sums up how stupid the youth of our nation has become, supporting the stupidest s*** put on film... it's "Jackass." Though that "honor" will be taken from them once they make "Jersey Shore: The Movie!"  

-------------
The Four Horsemen of the Moviepocalypse: uncalled for sequels/remakes/reboots, 3-D surcharges, untalented "celebrities", and anything with Michael Bay's name attached to it.

Posted By: GTAHater767
Date Posted: October 09 2010 at 5:00pm

The Darwin Awards. I bet the cast couldn't care less if they won. The Darwin Awards are also the topic of dozens of urban legend horrors.

Jacka**: The Movie was the 10th worst film of 2002 because it defined the worst trend in film that year: suffocating flatulence in movies marketed to teenage males (at the time, born between 1983 and 1989). If I want to see flatulent comedy, I'll watch Terrance & Phillip.

Jacka**: Number Two was among the worst non-nominated films of 2006. How much worse can the reviews sink for Jacka** 3D?

Date Posted: October 09 2010 at 6:55pm
What are you talking about?! The reviews for the first one were only mixed, and the 2nd one got good reviews. 

TERRENCE & PHILLIP don't count, because they're only a cartoon a satire of flatulent comedy...  

Originally posted by GTAHater767

Jacka**: The Movie was the 10th worst film of 2002 because it defined the worst trend in film that year: suffocating flatulence in movies marketed to teenage males (at the time, born between 1983 and 1989). If I want to see flatulent comedy, I'll watch Terrance & Phillip.
Jacka**: Number Two was among the worst non-nominated films of 2006.

-------------

Date Posted: October 09 2010 at 7:15pm
You're really getting on my nerves, Vits! I checked the complete list of eligible releases for 2006, and Jacka**: Number 2 was listed in all caps, like the other 80 or so movies that were tagged for that year. That indicates it either deserved a forum here, used to have one, or they planned to put one.

Date Posted: October 09 2010 at 8:30pm
Vits: You do realize that critics hated the first movie, and the negative reviews they got were used as a parody when they were doing ads for the second movie, right? 

No one with an IQ bigger than their shoe size likes this sort of thing.

-------------
The Four Horsemen of the Moviepocalypse: uncalled for sequels/remakes/reboots, 3-D surcharges, untalented "celebrities", and anything with Michael Bay's name attached to it.

Date Posted: October 09 2010 at 10:38pm

Come to think of it, a Jersey Shore film may not be far off. Episode 1409, "It Came From Jersey" deals with the Jersey Shore (represented like some widespread dark force) taking over the states one by one, the states east of the Rockies. Once they announce this Jersey Shore film, vitriol at the ready!

And if they had to use the negative reviews of the first movie to promote Number Two... how much worse could the ads be on this movie?! And I'll be surprised if the reviews can sink no lower. Adding further credence to 2000 being the year when both the small screen and big screen went to heck overnight, that's the year Jacka** starring Steve-O and Johnny Knoxville premiered. Also, Johnny Knoxville has a particularly disgusting internal injury.

Posted By: Film Reel Redemption
Date Posted: October 10 2010 at 12:42am
I have a feeling this is gonna be so unfunny it will make 'All About Steve' look like 'Airplane!'

-------------
You see in this filmmaking world there's two types of people my friend. Those with the knowledge of film and those who think they do but really don't.

Date Posted: October 10 2010 at 5:19am
Oops, I broke my own rule -- don't give Hollywood any ideas. Now if this "JS" movie becomes a reality, it'll be my own fault!  

Come to think of it, a Jersey Shore film may not be far off. Episode 1409, "It Came From Jersey" deals with the Jersey Shore (represented like some widespread dark force) taking over the states one by one, the states east of the Rockies. Once they announce this Jersey Shore film, vitriol at the ready!

-------------

Date Posted: October 10 2010 at 1:04pm
Do you know how many of the movies with Forums here actually wind up having good reviews? I assume it's because the Forums are created anticipating certain movies will be bad...  

You're really getting on my nerves, Vits! I checked the complete list of eligible releases for 2006, and Jacka**: Number 2 was listed in all caps, like the other 80 or so movies that were tagged for that year. That indicates it either deserved a forum here, used to have one, or they planned to put one.

All I know is that the 1st one got 49% at R.T. and 42% at Metacritic,and,the 2nd one got 63% and 66% respectively.

Originally posted by BurnHollywoodBurn

You do realize that critics hated the first movie and the negative reviews they got were used as a parody when they were doing ads for the second movie, right? No one with an IQ bigger than their shoe size likes this sort of thing.

-------------

Date Posted: October 10 2010 at 1:22pm
Yeah, but I wouldn't call those outstanding reviewer ratings. 

[QUOTE=Vits]
All I know is that the 1st one got 49% at R.T. and 42% at Metacritic,and,the 2nd one got 63% and 66% respectively.
[QUOTE]

-------------

Date Posted: October 10 2010 at 3:21pm
And who did say they were "outstanding"? I said the reviews on the first 2 were "mixed" and "good" respectively...  

[QUOTE=BurnHollywoodBurn]Yeah, but I wouldn't call those outstanding reviewer ratings.[QUOTE]

-------------

Posted By: cvcjr13
Date Posted: October 10 2010 at 4:07pm
You'll learn.  We'll suffer until you do, but you will eventually learn. . . . Wink

Well, I broke my one rule, don't give Hollywood ideas. Now if this "JS" movie becomes a reality, it's my own fault!

Posted By: Berrynoia
Date Posted: October 10 2010 at 8:15pm
I think this movie will succeed just like the last two.  I also think that the Statue of Liberty could be torn down and people will stop complaining and forget about it in less than a week.  

What am I saying?  I am saying that the average American has an attention span the size of a fruit fly, and this is why they like this kind of stuff.  When seeing Jackass 3-D, they will laugh at it just as if it was Jackass 1, since their brains are shut off while attending the film.  Why do you think Seltzerberg movies make all that money?  

Cultural decay at work here.  Maybe we should add a category of "Most Brain-Rotting Film of the Year" to tackle these kind of films.

-------------

Posted By: Movie Man
Date Posted: October 11 2010 at 10:17am
It's already got a pre-Christmas release date planned for the DVD version, entitled "Jackass 3.5"
Jackass 3.5 = like getting a lump of coal in your stocking...only MUCH WORSE!  

RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: Apparently, the makers of this film consider their audience too stupid to be offended that it's slated for DVD release less than 60 daze after it comes out in theatres -- Here's http://moviesblog.mtv.com/2010/10/08/jackass-3-d-dvd/ - to an article on the MTV website confirming its December DVD release...  

-------------

Date Posted: October 11 2010 at 12:15pm
Wow! That has got to be some kind of from-theater-to-DVD record!  

RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: Did some quick "Google-checking," and the general consensus on what holds the record for Shortest-Window-from-Theatrical-to-DVD suggests that the title still belongs to 2003 Worst Picture nominee (and multiple RAZZIE "winner") http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0339034/awards -
And, depending on when in December JACKASS 3.5 debuts, it could rival JUSTIN's record...

-------------

Posted By: MiguelAntilsu
Date Posted: October 11 2010 at 12:28pm
I don't care how good the media makes it look, there is no way I'm buying any of the hype for this mess!  

-------------

Date Posted: October 11 2010 at 1:12pm
You tell them, Miguel! Now, if only moviewizguy would take your advice...  

-------------

Posted By: rocketsfan05
Date Posted: October 11 2010 at 1:58pm
I don't understand the point of these movies. Why do people shell out $10 for a ticket (not to mention $3 extra for those flimsy glasses) to see this piece of crap> The fact that there has been even one of these films, let alone three (and a TV show!) makes me shudder about how stupid the human race is. BTW anyone see the commercial, where they have the audience laughing their asses off after EVERY SINGLE TIME SOMEONE GETS HIT! Is that stock footage, or has "humor" really regressed that much?

RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: Welcome to our Forum!  To address your queries: These movies exist because apparently there is an audience for this kind of mind-numbing idiocy -- Between them, the first 2 JACKASS movies cost under $17 million to produce...and took in about $161 million in worldwide box office ( http://www.boxofficemojo.com/franchises/chart/?id=jackass.htm -
As for the "raucously laughing" audience shots in this film's promos, I'd guess they're stock footage. I am amused by their similarity to audience shots used in recent promos for Comedy Central's TOSH.0 --except in those shots, the audience was repeatedly barfing. Maybe those shoots could be used for "Review Spots" quoting critics about JACKASS 3-D??    

-------------
sh*tty movies are the opiate of the masses.

Posted By: saturnwatcher
Date Posted: October 11 2010 at 4:16pm
I've said it before, and I'll say it again...I'm all for these movies...keep making them, please! It's only a matter of time before they will have fulfilled their logical purpose, if you get my drift.

-------------
Nine times out of ten, in art as in life, there is no truth to be discovered, only an error to be exposed.--H.L. Menken

Posted By: Film Reel Redemption
Date Posted: October 12 2010 at 8:14am

Get this, Paramount is NOT gonna screen this for the critics (according to http://shareddarkness.com/2010/10/11/paramount-doesnt-screen-jackass-3-paranormal-2.aspx - http://shareddarkness.com/2010/10/11/paramount-doesnt-screen-jackass-3-paranormal-2.aspx ). It's probably so bad that the bosses at Paramount are clinging to their piggy banks in the hopes that the critics won't put off the audiences.  

RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: Actually, since the kind of audiences who would be interested in seeing something this idiotic probably don't even read critics' reviews (and may not even be able to read!) the idea that keeping the film from being pre-screened will impact their opening weekend is, on the face of it, ridiculous. Their bigger concern should be whether people interested in seeing this can even figure out how their front doorknobs work so they aren't "trapped" in their homes... 

-------------
You see in this filmmaking world there's two types of people my friend. Those with the knowledge of film and those who think they do but really don't.

Date Posted: October 12 2010 at 7:30pm
Yeah, horror movie fans don't really care about critics' reviews either. How else has the tiresome slasher movie formula lasted this long?

-------------

Posted By: tomsmo35
Date Posted: October 13 2010 at 3:40pm
They did Jackass 2.5 long after Jackass, and I heard they shot extra stuff that they wanted to use for Jackass 2, but were not able. So I guess it's same thing here with 3.5??  

-------------

Date Posted: October 14 2010 at 7:45am
http://www.cnn.com/2010/SHOWBIZ/Movies/10/12/vbs.jackass.3d/index.html?hpt=C2 - Here's the CNN article by Brendan FitzGerald and Emily Ruane on set for the Jack-Ass 3D movie .  Concerning the filming of the scene where Steve-O is launched hundreds of feet in the air in a Port-O-Potty full of fecal matter, these two wrote the quote of the day:

Despite the smell and intermittent bouts of vomiting by the crew, I could tell that everyone on set knew they'd created something special.

Now, that quote almost made me vomit. . . .

Date Posted: October 14 2010 at 9:31am
Actually, that port-o-potty stunt is just a rehashing of their very first stunt when Johnny Knoxvillie was inside one when it was turned over by a forklift. But since Jackass fans have the attention span and memory of a football, they wouldn't notice that.

-------------

Date Posted: October 15 2010 at 2:43pm
I have an idea for the next one!!! Suppose we put one of them in a 50's vintage refrigerator and take them out to a nuclear test site....

-------------
Nine times out of ten, in art as in life, there is no truth to be discovered, only an error to be exposed.--H.L. Menken

Date Posted: October 15 2010 at 4:24pm
I'm surprised that "Nuking the Fridge" is the one stunt they HAVE NOT done yet! 

I mean, look how well everyone took to it when it was done in scripted movie!

-------------

Date Posted: October 15 2010 at 6:02pm
How sad is it that even the morons who appear in the Jackass movies can figure out that it would mean certain death, but Hollywood scriptwriters have such a low opinion of our intelligence that they evidently believe we can't figure that out.

-------------

Date Posted: October 15 2010 at 6:24pm
I guess the Jackass people have had more sense knocked into them over the years than Hollywood studio heads have ever had...

-------------

Date Posted: October 15 2010 at 6:39pm
The JACKASS movies don't have script writers.

-------------

Date Posted: October 15 2010 at 8:32pm
We know Jackass movies don't have script writers. The joke was that the guys who do the stunts on Jackass have more common sense than screenwriters (the ones who wrote "Indy 4") do, since they (the Jackasses) know "nuking a fridge" is not a bright idea.

-------------

Posted By: Movie Man
Date Posted: October 16 2010 at 7:22am
"Jackass 3" apparently, made $20 million on Friday. When all is said and done, "Jackass #4" might be greenlit before this weekend's over. 

YAY! (sarcastic remark)

-------------

Date Posted: October 16 2010 at 11:55am
You think that's bad? Though the reviews aren't great, they still qualify as "fair" at 64% positive. Given the profound low-brow-ness of the Jacka** series, why didn't they praise the other movies from this year that were considered "stupid"?

Posted By: moviewizguy
Date Posted: October 16 2010 at 1:37pm
Wow. This film opened with about $22 MM on Friday alone! I'm impressed! That's the same as Inception!

-------------

Date Posted: October 16 2010 at 1:49pm
This movie is stupid on purpose, and critics also say this one is even better than the 2nd one!  

-------------

Date Posted: October 16 2010 at 4:05pm
Wow, isn't that kinda like having to choose which kidney you'd rather be punched in?? I would guess that saturnwatcher's faith in humanity just lowered. Hopefully, these same people who paid to see the movie will do as saturnwatcher wishes and try to copy the stunts they saw.  

-------------

Date Posted: October 16 2010 at 7:44pm
Hardcore fans watched the first day.  I'd be surprised if it pulled in over $40 million by the end of the weekend.  I feel its box office is going to drop off steeply.

Date Posted: October 16 2010 at 8:13pm
Not to worry, it will be deep off the charts by next week, hence the DVD release 60 days later --because Jackass fans have such short attention spans...

-------------

Date Posted: October 17 2010 at 10:05am
Unfortunately, for you, it opened with $50 million.

Originally posted by cvcjr13

Hardcore fans watched the first day.  I'd be surprised if it pulled in over $40 million by the end of the weekend.  I feel its box office is going to drop off steeply.

-------------

Date Posted: October 17 2010 at 10:37am
Okay, it was just $10 million short of Inception's first weekend take. 

But by next week, "Jackass" will be down to $20 million, if that!

-------------

Date Posted: October 17 2010 at 3:38pm
Be honest:

Friday's take: $22 million 
Saturday's take:  $16.9 million --  What a drop...  
Sunday's take: $11.1 million --  Another huge drop...  

Yeah, altogether it's $50 million, so yeah, I was wrong as far as that goes.  It pulled in over $40 million easily.  On the other hand, I did say its box office was going to drop steeply, and I was right.  It just didn't drop quite as steeply as I thought it would.  

The question is now, with as steeply as its box office is dropping, will Jack-Ass 3D make $100 million?  Eventually, maybe?  Usually, a movie that opens $50 million will go on to make $150 million or more by the time it's done, but this movie lacks staying power big time! 

-------------

Date Posted: October 17 2010 at 5:18pm
I knew this movie had good odds of being #1 at the box office. But I'd never would've guessed it would be the one to beat THE SOCIAL NETWORK.

-------------

Date Posted: October 17 2010 at 5:42pm
The day-to-day numbers really honestly don't matter, considering the budget was $20 million. I think it's a rather cheap way to say a film is bad just because people felt like watching it on the first day.  

RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: The day-to-day numbers do matter, because they indicate word-of-mouth on a film, and when Sunday's number is off 50% from Friday's, that's a clear indicator that audiences are not responding favorably to the film -- In other words, it's movie-goers who are saying the film is bad.

-------------

Date Posted: October 17 2010 at 5:53pm
Yeah, thankfully, this is the kind of movie that doesn't get repeat viewing. After you've seen it once for the shock value, there's no reason to see it again (or at least not to see it again while being sober). I'm sure a "Jackass 4" will appear within the next 5 years, or whenever Johnny Knoxville runs out of rent money, whichever comes first.

-------------

Date Posted: October 17 2010 at 7:51pm
Again, MWG, be honest:  

I didn't say Jack-Ass 3D was "bad just because people felt like watching it on the first day."

I said all the fans went to see it on the first day, and after that, the box office started dropping steeply.  For full disclosure, I also said it wouldn't make $40 million the first weekend, but obviously I was wrong about that. 

As to why JA3D is bad, I'd say it's because it's more dehumanizing than a freak show.  These guys are doing these extremely gross, extremely dangerous stunts because people want to watch them do it.  As far as I'm concerned, it's the goofy offspring of the ancient gladiator shows of Rome. 

Now you know why I think JA3D is bad.

-------------

Date Posted: October 17 2010 at 7:58pm
I haven't seen any of the Jack Ass movies because they aren't for me but I won't reserve judgment. People who defend these movies make a good point: These guys know they're being stupid and dumb. Nobody is saying otherwise.  

RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: And I would argue that admitting they're being stupid doesn't excuse their also being potentially dangerous -- The audiences to whom these films appeal are largely impressionable young teens who are likely to emulate what they've seen in the movie. If this weren't an issue, do you honestly think Paramount would have that disclaimer advising against imitating the movie so prominently featured in every JACKASS ad??  

-------------

Date Posted: October 18 2010 at 9:43am
I wonder what would happen if one of the guys actually died during a stunt??  

-------------

Date Posted: October 18 2010 at 11:46am
The series would probably have to stop. Yes, it's sad, but true. In order for this series to end, someone has to die!  

Originally posted by Vits

I wonder what would happen if one of the guys actually died during a stunt?

-------------

Date Posted: October 18 2010 at 12:56pm
Head RAZZberry: Then we would have to go into a whole other debate about how media can influence people into committing crime/violence. WWE also has the same disclaimer for the young kids who watch their show. You don't know if these people would copy what they're seeing onscreen. 

Originally posted by Head RAZZberry

And I would argue that admitting they're being stupid doesn't excuse their also being potentially dangerous -- The audiences to whom these films appeal are largely impressionable young teens who are likely to emulate what they've seen in the movie. If this weren't an issue, do you honestly think Paramount would have that disclaimer advising against imitating the movie so prominently featured in every JACKASS ad??  

-------------

Date Posted: October 18 2010 at 1:55pm
First off, if WWE was so concerned about kids doing what their wrestlers do on TV, they wouldn't make kids their target audience ... which they only did so it would be easier for Linda McMahon to win a seat in the Senate, so she could block streroid investigations into the company (or whatever her real reasons for running are). As for Jackass, the only reason why those morons do what they do is because they are paid VERY well for it. And chances are, anyone stupid enough to pay money to see these people hurt themselves on purpose and laugh at it would probably be stupid enough to also try those same stunts, as saturnwatcher and Head RAZZ have suggested.

-------------

Date Posted: October 18 2010 at 2:06pm
You guys have a point.Have you seen THE WRESTLER(6/10)? It's a good example. 

Originally posted by Vits

I wonder what would happen if one of the guys actually die during a stunt.
The series would probably have to stop. Yes, it's sad, but true. In order for the series to end, someone has to die.

I meant during the filming of one the movies. 

First off, if WWE was so concerned about kids doing what their wrestlers do on TV, they wouldn't make kids their target audience. As for Jackass, the only reason why those morons do what they do is because they are paid VERY well for it. And chances are, anyone stupid enough to pay money to see these people hurt themselves on purpose and laugh at it would probably be stupid enough to also try those same stunts, as saturnwatcher has suggested.

So wrestlers don't get paid? People don't pay money to see the WWE? People don't get an urge to wrestle like they see on TV, but few actually do it?

-------------

Date Posted: October 18 2010 at 2:22pm
What we're saying is kids shouldn't watch the WWE, since it's about violence and doing stunts that can get them injuried or hurt. Although not ALL wrestlers go the way of Rourke's character in "The Wrestlers", many do have drug programs and end up poor and alone. In fact there have been 95 wrestlers who have worked in the WWF/E  since 1985 have died before they reached 60 years old!

-------------

Date Posted: October 18 2010 at 7:56pm
What would happen if one of the guys actually died during a stunt?? The movie studio would collect on the insurance policy, of course. . .  Shocked

-------------

Date Posted: October 18 2010 at 9:27pm
That could be yet another reason why they keep greenlighting this stuff!  

The movie studio would collect on the insurance policy, of course. . . . Shocked

-------------

Date Posted: October 21 2010 at 3:05pm
Disclaimer: The following post is completely tongue-in-cheek. Don't try this at home!

Everytime I think about being deeply critical of the guys who do the dumb stunts in this film, it occurs to me that sometime in early January, I'm going to have to watch all the 2010 Razzie nominees. Now I ask you, which is really dumber and more potentially hazardous to one's health...intellectual health anyway?

-------------

Date Posted: October 21 2010 at 3:19pm
Watching the nominees in order to decide which movies are the worst isn't a favor to the world, but it's a lot closer to it than the stunts in JACKASS 3-D.

-------------

Date Posted: October 21 2010 at 7:43pm
Your idea is more harmful. Especially these 10: The Bounty Hunter, Furry Vengeance, Sex & the City 2, Killers, Jonah Hex, Grown-Ups, The Last Airbender, Vampires Suck, You Again, and My Soul to Take.  

Originally posted by saturnwatcher

Disclaimer: The following post is completely tongue-in-cheek. Don't try this at home!

Everytime I think about being deeply critical of the guys who do the dumb stunts in this film, it occurs to me that sometime in early January, I'm going to have to watch all the 2010 Razzie nominees. Now I ask you, which is really dumber and more potentially hazardous to one's health...intellectual health anyway?

-------------

Date Posted: October 21 2010 at 8:19pm
I would suggest watching each Razzie movie one at a time, maybe one day at a time, then follow up by watching a good movie afterwards to recover from each blow to your senses. A stunt like watching all the contenders in a single sitting might lead to you losing your critical eye for movies ... and we all know what happens when you reach that level!  Wink   

Everytime I think about being deeply critical of the guys who do the dumb stunts in this film, it occurs to me that sometime in early January, I'm going to have to watch all the 2010 Razzie nominees. Now I ask you, which is really dumber and more potentially hazardous to one's health...intellectual health anyway?

-------------

Date Posted: October 22 2010 at 3:29pm
I most definitely will NOT watch them all in one sitting. nor even in a marathon over a couple of days...I've already picked off a few of the most likely ones, so that will ease the pain somewhat. The entire experience will probably be washed down not with a few good movies, but several REALLY good books.

-------------

Date Posted: October 26 2010 at 7:24am
Books? BOOKS?! You mean they still make those?  

-------------

Date Posted: October 26 2010 at 8:07am
Yeah, you download them to your Kindle or iPad, you read them, and then you go out and download some more.  

Isn't that right, saturnwatcher? . . .  

saturnwatcher? . . . Wacko  

I most definitely will NOT watch them all in one sitting. nor even in a marathon over a couple of days...I've already picked off a few of the most likely ones, so that will ease the pain somewhat. The entire experience will probably be washed down not with a few good movies, but several REALLY good books.
Books? BOOKS?! You mean they still make those?

-------------

Date Posted: October 26 2010 at 7:49pm
Yes, for all you know, one day, there will be no paper books. Although that would save on trees, but might raise the prices of batteries.

-------------

Date Posted: October 26 2010 at 11:49pm
Nah, they'll chop down the trees to fuel the power plants to provide energy to recharge the lithium batteries for e-readers -- batteries that will probably require an incredibly awful process to make, full of waste products.  We're not green yet. . .   

-------------

Date Posted: October 28 2010 at 2:57pm
There are certain surrenders to modern technology that I simply refuse to bow to, even though high technology is integral to my everyday life. I was dragged kicking and screaming in to the habit of actually carrying a telephone around with me everywhere I go. I resent it deeply, but I do it (I do, however, refuse to own a device that does much of anything other than afford me the opportunity to make or receive calls). 

I draw the line at downloading books onto a makeshift Gameboy. I still buy the real thing. Undoubtedly I will be forced to resign that little pleasure within the next couple of years, but I'll only be all the more grumpy and aggrevated for it.  

Yeah, you download them to your Kindle or iPad, you read them, and then you go out and download some more.  

Isn't that right, saturnwatcher? . . .  

saturnwatcher? . . . Wacko  

-------------

Date Posted: October 28 2010 at 7:41pm
LOL "Makeshift Gameboy"?!?LOL  I'm glad I'm not the only one who noticed that about the Kindle!

-------------

Posted By: Vheid
Date Posted: June 20 2011 at 2:38pm
I am aware how sick this may sound. But I always wondered if (and when) one of these Jack-Ass cast-members would kill themselves with one of their stunts. While driving drunk at 110 mph isn't really a "stunt", I consider my question officially answered.  

-------------

Date Posted: June 20 2011 at 5:11pm
Yeah, I find a small amount of irony in the fact that after all the crazy stuff the JackAsses have done to themselves over the past decade, one of them dies in a car crash of all things! And you would think it would be Stevie O. to be the first to die!

-------------

Date Posted: June 21 2011 at 8:38am
The fact that they fooled us in that way(although unintentionally)is another reason why they've made history.

R.I.P. Ryan Dunn.

-------------

Date Posted: November 17 2012 at 1:17pm
Skip to 04:42.

[TUBE]9GztZ8qI2EE[/TUBE]

Any thoughts?

-------------

Print Page | Close Window