Print Page | Close Window

Hey, Hey! Whadda Big BOO-BOO!!

Printed From: Official RAZZIE® Forum
Category: DISCUSSIONS & POLLS on 2010 RELEASES
Forum Name: YOGI BEAR in 3-D
Forum Discription: Dumber Than the Average Bear Movie?!?!?
URL: http://www.razzies.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=4708
Printed Date: September 29 2014 at 11:45pm

Topic: Hey, Hey! Whadda Big BOO-BOO!!
Posted By: HeadRAZZBerry
Subject: Hey, Hey! Whadda Big BOO-BOO!!
Date Posted: December 12 2010 at 5:49pm
DOES a 3-D/CGI BEAR sh*t in the WOODS?!?!?  

WARNERS is OBVIOUSLY HOPING IT WILL -- and THAT IT'LL CRAP GREEN STUFF ALL OVER THIS BLATANT XEROX of the PAST 2 HOLIDAY SEASONS' HIDEOSITIES KNOWN as http://www.razzies.com/forum/oh-get-munkd-yerself_topic2331.html - and http://www.razzies.com/forum/oh-go-munk-yerselfagain_topic4006.html -

FEATURING http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000101/awards - as the VOICE of YOGI and http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0005493/ - as BOO-BOO, http://www.razzies.com/forum/yogi-bear-in-3d_forum472.html - LOOKS POISED to GRAB EVERY PIC-a-NICKING FAMILY's BOX OFFICE BUX from DEC. 17 on into the NEW YEAR. 

BUT, COME http://www.razzies.com/forum/sked-for-31st-razzies-83rd-oscars_topic876.html - , YOGI IS LIKELY to http://razzies.com/join.asp - http://razzies.com/join.asp - ® , INCLUDING http://www.razzies.com/forum/special-category-for-2010_topic4210.html - ..

SO, WHY JUST GRIN and "BEAR" IT WHEN YOU CAN "UNLOAD" ALL OVER THIS BEAR BEFORE HE EVEN GETS OUTTA the WOODS... 

HAPPY HUNTING!!  

DIRECTOR: "When the critics said 'Off with their 
heads!' we didn't think it would be taken literally!!" 

-------------
Ye Olde Head RAZZberry

Replies:
Posted By: BurnHollywoodBurn
Date Posted: December 12 2010 at 7:20pm
Director: See, this right here is where the movie falls apart. And here, and this part here, and later on right here, and this part, and don't forget this part ....

-------------
The Four Horsemen of the Moviepocalypse: uncalled for sequels/remakes/reboots, 3-D surcharges, untalented "celebrities", and anything with Michael Bay's name attached to it.

Posted By: MiguelAntilsu
Date Posted: December 12 2010 at 7:43pm
Actually, it was 2 of the past 3 holiday seasons that Hollywood gave us Alvin and the Chipmunks.  It might get a lot of families to see it, but if they know better, they will probably just see Tron: Legacy instead.  As of right now, I don't think it is favored to win any Razzies, but there is a small chance it will get nominated.  Here are the categories it is eligible for and the favorites in each of them:

Worst Picture
Favorites: The Last Airbender, Vampires Suck

Worst Actor (Dan Aykroyd)
Favorite: Ashton Kutcher in Killers and Valentine's Day

Worst Director (Eric Brevig)
Favorite: M Night Shyamalan for The Last Airbender

Worst Screenplay (Written by Brad Copeland, Joshua Sternin, and Jeffrey Ventimilia; based on the cartoons by William Hanna and Joseph Barbera)
Favorite: The Twilight Saga: Eclipse (written by Melissa Rosenberg; based on the novel by Stephanie Meyer)

Worst Screen Couple (Dan Aykroyd and Justin Timberlake)
Favorite: Kristen Stewart and either Robert Pattinson or Taylor Lautner in The Twilight Saga: Eclipse

Worst Supporting Actor (Justin Timberlake, Tom Cavanagh)
Favorites: Dev Patel in The Last Airbender, Jackson Rathbone in The Last Airbender and The Twilight Saga: Eclipse

Worst Supporting Actress (Anna Faris)
Favorite: Megan Fox in Jonah Hex

Worst Prequel, Remake, Ripoff or Sequel (a ripoff of a cartoon series by William Hanna and Joseph Barbera)
Favorite: Vampires Suck (a ripoff of everything it rips off)

Worst Eye-Gouging Mis-Use of 3-D
Top 6: Clash of the Titans (not originally filmed in 3-D), The Last Airbender (also not originally filmed in 3-D), My Soul to Take (worst wide-release 3-D box office gross), The Nutcracker (made only 0.2% of its budget back), Resident Evil Afterlife (randomly throwing weapons at the camera), Saw VII (It was dumb even without the 3-D)  

-------------

Posted By: cvcjr13
Date Posted: December 12 2010 at 7:49pm
If you don't feel that Yogi Bear is going to rack up some major noms at the Razzies, then I feel you are the weakest link!  

-------------

Date Posted: December 12 2010 at 8:59pm
What kind of talk is that?  Who's gonna see this film before they fill out the Razzie nominating ballot?  We might be preoccupied working or attending bowl games or watching Tron: Legacy and True Grit (or Razzie contenders Little Fockers and Gulliver's Travels).  And what are we going to think if we compare this film to Vampires Suck, The Last Airbender, Killers, and Grown-Ups?  Where will it rank among those and the other awful films of the past year?

-------------

Date Posted: December 13 2010 at 2:48am
You don't have kids, do you, Miguel?  Every parent not yet punished by the horrible Alvin & the Chickmumps and Alvin & the Chickmumps Makes You Squeak-uel will be hauled into seeing Yogi Bear, making it yet another awful, eye-gouging remake scoring well over $100 million at the box office.  At some point, the older population needs to point these so-called filmmakers at the Warner Brothers cartoons (as in Bug Bunny, Daffy Duck, Elmer Fudd, etc), which were directed at the adults, and insist these so-called filmmakers don't forget about us adults as well.

As for comparing it to Vampires Suck, The Last Airbender, and may I add Skyline, if the A&tC movies are any indication, Yogi Bear will fit right in.  Sad to say, but Grown-Ups actually looks good compared to those other movies (but I really shouldn't use the word "good" in the same sentence as Grown-Ups).  Killers just isn't bad enough.

-------------

Posted By: Vits
Date Posted: December 13 2010 at 8:03am
No,dude. YOGI is a remake, not a rip-off.Although, the intentions on making either are the same.  

Originally posted by MiguelAntilsu

Worst Prequel, Remake, Ripoff or Sequel (a ripoff of a cartoon series by William Hanna and Joseph Barbera)

-------------
You can follow me http://www.twitter.com/@Vits_Chile - @Vits_Chile

Date Posted: December 13 2010 at 9:25am

The first Alvin movie was stuck behind I Am Legend and the second one was stuck behind Avatar.  Tron: Legacy is also rated PG, therefore Yogi Bear is not a shoo-in to top the box office charts this weekend.  Tron: Legacy is also more highly anticipated by moviegoers than Yogi Bear.  Alvin's colossal gross was not fueled by high-grossing weekends, but by being released at a time when people have more free time than they normally would.  Yogi Bear is taking advantage of this trend, but it may be stuck behind Tron: Legacy, True Grit, and any other big movies in the near future on the charts.

-------------

Date Posted: December 13 2010 at 10:32am
So basically we're stuck choosing between a remake and a sequel?! At least TRON:LEGACY's reviews are almost as good as the first one, while YOGI already has bad word-of-mouth... 

-------------

Date Posted: December 13 2010 at 11:49am
I'm recommending Tron: Legacy because it looks more appealing than its competitors.  How Do You Know is also out this week, but I don't know how critics are taking that one.  As for Yogi Bear, the character is smarter than the average bear, but reviews say the movie is not.

There is one question that hasn't been answered: How many of us are going to see Yogi Bear before we fill out the Razzie nominating ballots?  That should be a factor in determining whether or not it gets nominated and how many nominations it gets.

-------------

Date Posted: December 13 2010 at 1:48pm
I can't wait for those ballots to come out so we get the nominations over with.

-------------
The Four Horsemen of the Moviepocalypse: uncalled for sequels/remakes/reboots, 3-D surcharges, untalented "celebrities", and anything with Michael Bay's name attached to it.

Date Posted: December 13 2010 at 4:18pm
Yeah, me too.  Most of my nominations are already set (though I might have to change some of them once I see who's on the ballot).

-------------

Posted By: Berrynoia
Date Posted: December 14 2010 at 5:54pm
Mr. Ranger isn't The critics aren't gonna like this, Yogi!

First we had the Flintstones (2 films), then Scooby Doo (2 films, and two made-for-TV films), and now Yogi (hopefully only one).

Incidentally, the Scooby films seemed to have a more positive reception from viewers (not the crix, of course!) and may have only made the mistake of being live action...I don't know that much, though.  Maybe it had to do with the first one's take on Scrappy or something.

Anyway, the nightmare has just begun.  In 2011, we see these blue people, but it's not Avatar 2, it's the Smurfs!  Then in 2012, meet George Jetson, his boy Elroy, daughter Judy, Jane his wife...you get the idea, a Jetsons movie!

Looks like they are going to milk the Hanna-Barbara characters for all they're worth.  I would not be surprised to see Huckleberry Hound, Snagglepuss, Galaxy Trio, Birdman, etc. get this treatment.  Once this is done, they will probably go to http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/the-mike-toole-show/2010-12-05 - anime . 

-------------

Date Posted: December 14 2010 at 7:48pm
I just can't wait for Magilla Gorilla, Quickdraw McGraw, Pixie and Dixie, Secret Squirrel and Hong Kong Phooey! . . . Wacko

Oh, groan.  They already have http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1083850/ - Jonny Quest in production, scheduled for a 2012 release.  This must be what the Mayans meant by the end of the world. . . . Dead

Date Posted: December 14 2010 at 8:33pm

Actually, the Mayans didn't predict the end of the world, Nostradamus did.  Besides, this surplus of remakes and adaptations isn't going to kill anyone.  It might leave a bad impression on a lot of people, but it won't kill anyone.

-------------

Date Posted: December 14 2010 at 8:41pm
No, it'll just royally piss people off as Hollywood continues to rape their childhood memories. I think I might add cartoon adaptations as the unofficial 5th movie horseman (or at least add "especially if it's based on a cartoon series, video game, or toyline" in the part about unwanted adaptations).  

Actually, the Mayans didn't predict the end of the world, Nostradamus did.  Besides, this surplus of remakes and adaptations isn't going to kill anyone.  It might leave a bad impression on a lot of people, but it won't kill anyone.

-------------

Date Posted: December 15 2010 at 1:01am
For the last time, Hollywood is not trying to rape people's childhood memories.  They're experimenting with source material.  You keep up this cynical attitude towards Hollywood and I'm asking HeadRazzberry to 86 you.  

Originally posted by BurnHollywoodBurn

No, it'll just royally piss people off as Hollywood continues to rape their childhood memories. I think I might add cartoon adaptations as the unofficial 5th movie horseman (or at least add "especially if it's based on a cartoon series, video game, or toyline" in the put about unwanted adaptations).

-------------

Date Posted: December 15 2010 at 1:15am
Miguel, where did you learn to be such a Pollyanna?  BHB is closer to the truth than you are.  

-------------

Date Posted: December 15 2010 at 5:41am
Actually, Miguel, it's called "you're in denial!" Hollywood has no original source material, so they are just going back in time and making movies of whatever was popular 20, 30, 40, or 50 years ago, hoping they can cash in on pre-existing audiences and fan bases. And those fan bases are disappointed time and time again because these movies aren't loyal to the source material and come across as something alien to what they remember original being like. But you just don't get it, do you?

By any chance, are you a spin doctor for a studio or something? That would explain your on-going defending of Hollywood's rapings of people's childhood memories.

-------------

Posted By: Grounder the Critic
Date Posted: December 15 2010 at 5:48am
I found a parody of an ending to Yogi Bear on YouTube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m6w0r-ScEG4

-------------
Pictures move, do they?

Posted By: tomsmo35
Date Posted: December 15 2010 at 5:30pm
Yogi Bear is going up against Tron, which is getting better reviews on RT. I feel Tron will win The Weekend, and Yogi will come in second because Parents with little kids will take them to see Yogi... 

-------------

Date Posted: December 15 2010 at 5:49pm
Oh "Tron" is going to blow EVERYTHING away at the box office. It will be this year's "Avatar!"

-------------

Posted By: GTAHater767
Date Posted: December 15 2010 at 6:24pm
It's going to need some serious positive reviews to back it up then.

-------------

Date Posted: December 15 2010 at 7:36pm
Oh, I'm not talking about quality filmmaking, I'm talking about just hours upon hours of beautiful CGI that will result in a huge box office take.  

-------------

Posted By: saturnwatcher
Date Posted: December 16 2010 at 3:31pm
In response to Miguel's post (see below):  

Point 1: Correct...the Mayans did not predict the end of the world. The year 2012 simply marks the end of one of their temporal cycles, and they never got around to creating another calendar.

Point 2: It is a bit of a stretch to contend that Nostradumbsh*t "predicted" anything. He wrote a number of long winded, virtually meaningless "quatrains" that are so vague and frankly open to interpretation that clever devotees have managed to apply them to just about everything that happens. There is also considerable evidence that when Nosty's predictions don't match expectations, his followers simply retranslate his work. I'm not aware of any specific predictions he ever made about the actual end of the world, but any reasonably intelligent study of his writings demonstrate that the guy basically did for bullsh*t what the Grand Canyon did for holes in the ground.  

-------------
Nine times out of ten, in art as in life, there is no truth to be discovered, only an error to be exposed.--H.L. Menken

Date Posted: December 16 2010 at 5:24pm
saturnwatcher, I'm guessing you were always the guy in the audience during a magic act who would yell out how the magician was doing the tricks.

-------------

Date Posted: December 16 2010 at 7:48pm
Busted!  Actually though, there is a rather interesting and close alliance between the scientific community and magicians. It is an alliance that has spawned numerous skeptic organizations, including the Committee for Scientific Investigation of Claims of the Paranormal (CSICOP). Scientists realized early on that we can be fooled as easily as the average guy on the street, but magicians are harder to fool. They can also spot how charlatans pull their gags easier too. Magicians are invaluable in paranormal investigations.

-------------
Nine times out of ten, in art as in life, there is no truth to be discovered, only an error to be exposed.--H.L. Menken

Date Posted: December 16 2010 at 8:40pm
The great magician Houdini specialized in that.  I recall hearing that Arthur Conan Doyle, who was a spiritualist when he wasn't writing, would bring Houdini to mediums and such that Doyle believed were real, and Houdini busted every single one of them.

Date Posted: December 16 2010 at 8:46pm
Indeed...Houdini was one of the pioneers. These days we have James Randi (The Amazing Randi), Penn and Teller and others.

-------------

Date Posted: December 16 2010 at 8:58pm
Funny you should mention magic and investigations, because there have been many cases in which police have brought in psychics to help them with unsolved mysteries, which would sometimes lead to the case being solved. But then you could then debate that like with the USA Network series "Psych", it could be that the so-called "psychic" just has a better eye for details and clues at the crime scene than the police do.

-------------

Date Posted: December 16 2010 at 9:02pm
CSICOP has done extensive investigation into the claims that police departments have used psychics in their investigations. Psychics love to publicize the claim, but as far as I am aware, there isn't a single case in which the police have ultimately credited psychics with providing information that definitively led to a case being solved. Typically, psychics fail to provide any important information that hasn't already been made available to the public or that they could not have gathered from cold readings when discussing the case with investigating officers.

-------------

Date Posted: December 16 2010 at 9:05pm
Originally posted by cvcjr13

The great magician Houdini specialized in that.  I recall hearing that Arthur Conan Doyle, who was a spiritualist when he wasn't writing, would bring Houdini to mediums and such that Doyle believed were real, and Houdini busted every single one of them.
I really don't count Houdini as a magician. For that matter, I don't count any escape artist as a magician. Magicians do illusions using trick props and slight of hand. Escape artists deal with being able to not panic under pressure and slip their way out of locks an traps that could result in their death. Hence, David Blaine ... NOT a magician, or escape artist for that matter.

-------------

Date Posted: December 16 2010 at 9:46pm
Far off topic as we may have drifted, Houdini actually did start out as a first rate stage magician on the Vaudeville circuit. His act more or less evolved into the escape artist thing that became his trademark.

-------------

Date Posted: December 16 2010 at 10:17pm
Plus, can you really blame the police for not wanting to admit that they couldn't solve the cases by themselves?  

Originally posted by saturnwatcher

CSICOP has done extensive investigation into the claims that police departments have used psychics in their investigations. Psychics love to publicize the claim, but as far as I am aware, there isn't a single case in which the police have ultimately credited psychics with providing information that definitively led to a case being solved. Typically, psychics fail to provide any important information that hasn't already been made available to the public or that they could not have gathered from cold readings when discussing the case with investigating officers.

-------------

Date Posted: December 17 2010 at 7:08am
Most police stations are pretty well crammed with files on unsolved cases. If the aid of psychics was of any benefit, that most likely wouldn't be the case. Not to mention that if psychic powers could actually be demonstrated, we'd all be spared those dehumanizing searches every time we go to the airport.

-------------

Date Posted: December 17 2010 at 8:03am
Oh yes, those lovely airport searches, where you get to choose between your own amateur nude portfolio scan or a pat-down complete with a free breast cancer exam for the women or hernia exam for the men. Amtrak or Greyhound any one?  

-------------

Date Posted: December 17 2010 at 9:36am
You do have a point about escape artists.  I would consider an escape artist to be more of a specialized magician, and in the end, many magicians incorporate some sort of escape trick into their routines.  In any case, the fact that Houdini consistently debunked and exposed those people who claimed to "call on the dead" is my main point. 

-------------

Posted By: CobraSwamp
Date Posted: December 17 2010 at 1:03pm
To be back on topic, I'm a young girl teenager who feels like a child, and for the record, I had no intrest in, this year, Eclipse, any movies with bad reviews,  and stuff like that.

BTY: I saw the poster for this movie when I went to watch Tommorow, When The War Began, (To be honest, the movie was great, it stuck to it's orginal material, but it did get me a bit squeamish at times, like a man having his head shot off). As soon I saw the posters for Yogi, I thought "Razzie!"

-------------
YES, I'm a Cobra, and YES, I take a BITE outta movies!

Date Posted: December 17 2010 at 1:06pm
It's nice to know there's at least one teenage girl out there with some good taste.

-------------

Date Posted: December 17 2010 at 4:23pm
I'm also one of those people who trusts critics. But not just for movies, but video games, too.

-------------

Posted By: JoeBacon
Date Posted: December 18 2010 at 1:54pm
Originally posted by CobraSwamp

I'm also one of those people who trusts critics. But not just for movies, but video games, too.

Welcome to the club! Clap

After Yogi UN-Bear-ABLE, I'm hoping that The Green Hornet will be a substantial improvement! Wink

Date Posted: December 18 2010 at 2:10pm
My concern about The Green Hornet is that they are burying its release at time when not a lot of really good movies get released. If it were much to brag about, it would probably be getting a summer release.

-------------

Date Posted: December 18 2010 at 2:37pm

My concern about The Green Hornet is that they are burying its release at time when not a lot of really good movies get released. If it were much to brag about, it would probably be getting a summer release.

Ever since the TV series way, way back, have they ever done the Green Hornet justice?  Batman came along and stole all of Green Hornet's thunder.  The trick in doing anything, TV series, TV movie or cinema movie, with the Green Hornet is distinguishing him from Batman.  Once you've made that distinction, as long as he's cool, you can then proceed with a good story, which is the other trick, which Hollywood has sucked at big time lately. . . .

Date Posted: December 18 2010 at 4:51pm

I saw the trailer and was not the least bit impressed by it. The whole time I was thinking "Wow, Seth Rogan isn't even trying any more. He's not acting, he's just being Seth Rogan as Seth Rogan in a Green Hornet outfit. When Kato, the sidekick, is outshining the hero, it's not a good thing.

-------------

Date Posted: December 18 2010 at 5:24pm
The Green Hornet decidedly gets the short end of the stick. The 60's TV series was actually pretty good as a counterpoint to the campy but reasonably entertaining Batman series. But I've always found the Hornet to be a rather intriguing character among the comic book heros...a good guy who poses as a villain to fight crime. The Black Beauty was way cool too. Besides, the Hornet was the Lone Ranger's great-nephew...how can that not be cool?

-------------

Posted By: JoeBacon
Date Posted: December 18 2010 at 10:30pm

The Green Hornet decidedly gets the short end of the stick. The 60's TV series was actually pretty good as a counterpoint to the campy but reasonably entertaining Batman series. But I've always found the Hornet to be a rather intriguing character among the comic book heros...a good guy who poses as a villain to fight crime. The Black Beauty was way cool too. Besides, the Hornet was the Lone Ranger's great-nephew...how can that not be cool?

Oh, you got that right about how William Dozier really treated The Green Hornet. Dozier put his main effort into Batman and The Hornet was just his stepchild. Trendle and Dozier were always in disagreement about how the series would go. And I still remember the time that Green Hornet guested on Batman and the producers declared any fight between Burt Ward and Bruce Lee to be a draw. What a joke...

Date Posted: December 18 2010 at 11:33pm

I agree, but let's face it.  Pulling this off is really tricky and requires genuine talent, and Hollywood doesn't put that kind of talent into much of anything lately.  I feel The Green Hornet is going to suck and tank, and that feeling comes from seeing nothing more than those stupid Burger King commercials.

Date Posted: December 19 2010 at 4:57am
Originally posted by JoeBacon

Oh, you got that right about how William Dozier really treated The Green Hornet. Dozier put his main effort into Batman and The Hornet was just his stepchild. Trendle and Dozier were always in disagreement about how the series would go. And I still remember the time that Green Hornet guested on Batman and the producers declared any fight between Burt Ward and Bruce Lee to be a draw. What a joke...
The episode in which the Hornet and Kato appeared on Batman was the only 4 part episode of the old series. Most of the rest were two parts with the first episode airing on Wednesday nights, ending in a cliff hanger with the Caped Crusaders always in peril as the result of some retarded death trap. The conclusion would then air on Thursday night. The formula was: First, Batman pulls some miraculous mode of escape out of his @ss (or rather, utility belt).  Then the episode would climax with a big fight scene and the villain dispatched to Gotham prison. That particular facility must have had the worst escape record in the history of the universe, since the arch villain would inevitably return to haunt Gotham a few weeks later. During the series' final season, many of the episodes were only one part, as they attempted to cram in a lot of guest villains in order to boost sagging ratings.

The Hornet episode did include a couple of fights between the crime fighters. Sadly, we didn't get to see Bruce Lee clean Burt Ward's clock.

-------------

Posted By: oiram
Date Posted: December 19 2010 at 6:15am
Actually, I have to admit, I'm a teenager too. A teenage BOY, mind you, but still a teenager. And yes, I'm going to vote this year.

It's nice to know there's at least one teenage girl out there with some good taste.

Kato has been outshining Green Hornet for years. This is partly because in the original tv show, Kato was played by Bruce Lee, and yes, it's the same Bruce Lee we know and love.

I saw the trailer and was not the least bit impressed by it. The whole time I was thinking "Wow, Seth Rogan isn't even trying any more. He's not acting, he's just being Seth Rogan as Seth Rogan in a Green Hornet outfit. When Kato, the sidekick, is outshining the hero, it's not a good thing.

-------------
Elizabeth Hartman and Judith Barsi are more talented and beautiful than Scarlett Johansson and Chloe Grace Moretz. Fact.

Worst Supporting Actor: Brendan Fraser/Gimme Shelter and The Nut Job

Date Posted: December 19 2010 at 9:57am
Originally posted by oiram

Kato has been outshining Green Hornet for years. This is partly because in the original tv show, Kato was played by Bruce Lee, and yes, it's the same Bruce Lee we know and love.
Yes, the original Kato overshadowed Green Hornet because he was played by action movie legend, Bruce Lee. However, that's not the case with this movie. Here, Kato is outshining Green Hornet because Kato is coming across as the smarter and more capable crime fighter of the two, while Green Hornet ... or should I say, Seth Rogan in a Green Hornet costume ... comes across as any John Q. Public guy who has no clue what he is doing and ends up making a fool of himself. It's almost like a remake of "Kick Ass", only with a lead character who is better known in pop culture.

-------------

Posted By: Film Reel Redemption
Date Posted: December 19 2010 at 11:26am
And speaking of bad animated features, here's another one:

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/animals_united/ - http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/animals_united/

It just goes to show even Europe has its share of bad movies.

-------------
You see in this filmmaking world there's two types of people my friend. Those with the knowledge of film and those who think they do but really don't.

Date Posted: December 19 2010 at 6:00pm
One time, when we went to rent a game, my brother rented the X360 game, Naughty Bear, a game that got bad reviews from critics. My brother said the game looked 'Decent.' But when he played the game, he said it was terrible. He says he doesn't trust critics at all.  

Originally posted by JoeBacon

Welcome to the club! Clap

-------------

Date Posted: December 19 2010 at 6:05pm
I'm surprised no one mentioned http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m6w0r-ScEG4&feature=player_embedded - the Yogi Bear parody ending , a la The Godfather.

Date Posted: December 19 2010 at 6:40pm
A point that has been somewhat missed above is that Bruce Lee was still comparatively unknown, at least to American audiences, at the time the old GH series aired. He was great on the show, but I'm not sure it would be fair to say that he blew Van Williams off the screen. I just looked this up too...The old series only lasted 26 episodes, which means that the Hornet and Kato were almost as well known for their appearance on Batman as for their own series. These days, since the old GH series isn't in syndication anywhere, they are probably better known for that appearance.

-------------

Posted By: Grounder the Critic
Date Posted: December 19 2010 at 8:30pm
What do you mean -- I mentioned it.  

I'm surprised no one mentioned  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m6w0r-ScEG4&feature=player_embedded - the Yogi Bear parody ending , a la The Godfather.

-------------
Pictures move, do they?

Date Posted: December 19 2010 at 11:08pm
My apologies.  So you did. 

Originally posted by Grounder the Critic

What do you mean -- I mentioned it.  

I'm surprised no one mentioned  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m6w0r-ScEG4&feature=player_embedded - the Yogi Bear parody ending , a la The Godfather.

Posted By: oiram
Date Posted: December 20 2010 at 4:34am
Don't you mean a la The Assasination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford.

I'm surprised no one mentioned http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m6w0r-ScEG4&feature=player_embedded - the Yogi Bear parody ending , a la The Godfather.

-------------
Elizabeth Hartman and Judith Barsi are more talented and beautiful than Scarlett Johansson and Chloe Grace Moretz. Fact.

Worst Supporting Actor: Brendan Fraser/Gimme Shelter and The Nut Job

Posted By: SchumacherH8ter
Date Posted: April 08 2011 at 6:04pm
I just finished watching this. It's pretty bad, but not bad enough for a Worst Picture spot on the nominating ballot. All the other spots on the nominating ballot? Absolutely justified! Well, now to watch Birdemic.

-------------
I'm the Goddamn Batman.-All-Star Batman And Robin #2
https://twitter.com/Scott_DAgostino
Upcoming reviews: http://www.razzies.com/forum/topic7513.html
Up-next: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

Posted By: Michaels
Date Posted: April 08 2011 at 9:27pm

That ending pretty much sums up what Hollywood has been doing to the childhood memories of anyone who grew up watching these beloved animated series, only to see them being ruined on the big screen.

-------------
"Just once I want my life to be like an 80's movie ... but, no, no. John Hughes did not direct my life." ("Easy A", 2010)

Date Posted: July 27 2011 at 5:05pm
I just saw it and gave it 1/10.

-------------

Posted By: whatsthepoint
Date Posted: July 30 2011 at 8:08am
I gave it a 5/10. It was okay, more on par with the first Alvin and the Chimpmunks! Although my Mother who's a big fan of Yogi Bear enjoyed it emensly!

Date Posted: July 30 2011 at 8:23am
What are people's thoughts on how this movie,regardless if you like it or not,pays respect to the cartoon?Dan Aykroyd and the director stated they intended to make YOGI's voice different on purpose,and I remember him being in serious consideration.Although the only good not bad performance here is Tom Cavanagh,he's clearly miscast.

-------------

Date Posted: September 04 2011 at 6:47pm
Time to rip into a picnic basket full of sh*t!

The good:

Justin Timberlake: Timberlake sounds a lot like Boo-Boo, unlike Aykroyd, who sounds nothing like Yogi. May seem small, but you gotta appreciate the small things.

Ranger Smith's new park: This is one of the two parts that actually made me laugh. To explain; after he's fired from Jellystone Park, Smith's new park area is improbably small. May seem little, but you gotta appreciate the little things. The other part that made me laugh was...

The falling scene: To explain; Yogi, Boo-Boo, Smith, and Rachel Johnson (Anna Faris) drift down a waterfall and land safely in a tree-branch. The funny park is that Yogi doesn't seem to realize that he's safe until they tell him. May seem miniscule, but you gotta appreciate the miniscule things.

The bad:

Dan Aykroyd: As I mentioned above, he sounds nothing like Yogi. Now, if what Vits said is true, than they did this on purpose. But, if they were deliberately doing this, why cast Timberlake, who sounds exactly like Boo-Boo?

Anna Faris: The usually talented Faris fumbles in this. Although, maybe it's just the rating: the movies that I've liked her in (Scary Movie 1 and only 1, Observe & Report, etc.) were all R-rated. Maybe, she needs to be unleashed to work.

Tom Cavanagh: Vits was right about him being miscast. Watching his scenes could cause a coma in less-seasoned viewers.

The ugly:

The script: Take every crappy children's film cliche and you've got your Yogi Bear scipt. Dumb pratfalls, talking animals, needless explosions, posters that feature sodomy*, the usual.

The CGI: This is some Alvin And The Chipmunks sh*t right here. It's down-right disturbing in places. Expecially...

That f*cking turtle: The turtle is exceptionally creepy. Even worse, he's a plot-point: apparently, his weird eyes will make the government protect the park because it's endangered. While that does seem plausible, this leaves a major plot hole: no one seems to care that there's two bears talking! There's one scene, where they ask a guy for his shopping cart and he says: "Do you got chocolate?" instead of "Holy f*cking sh*t, a talking bear!" or "Man, I gotta stop doing reefer!"

Well, that's a crappy CGI version of a childhood chestnut. Grade: C

Next-up: How The Grinch Stole Christmas!

*No, I didn't make that up. Link: http://www.bestweekever.tv/tag/yogi-bear/ - http://www.bestweekever.tv/tag/yogi-bear/

-------------

Date Posted: September 05 2011 at 7:56am
What are your thoughts on the so-called homoerotic poster?
Originally posted by SchumacherH8ter

Dan Aykroyd: As I mentioned above, he sounds nothing like Yogi. Now, if what Vits said is true, than they did this on purpose. But, if they were deliberately doing this, why cast Timberlake, who sounds exactly like Boo-Boo?

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1302067/trivia?tr=tr1256002
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1302067/trivia?tr=tr1537708

-------------

Date Posted: September 05 2011 at 9:32am
I think the "homoerotic" poster is hilarious because it almost certainly unintentional.

-------------

Posted By: SuperTeenTopia
Date Posted: September 05 2011 at 7:20pm
Mind you, Yogi and Boo-Boo did sleep in the same bed in the old cartoon series, and Yogi need did have a real relationship with Cindy Bear. There were gay undertones before his movie existed.

-------------
"People say 'It's all about the story’. When you're making tentpole films, bull$hit." -Andy Hendrickson (Disney Animation Studios' Chief Technical Officer)

Date Posted: September 06 2011 at 7:38am
So 2 TV characters did things that it wasn't until today we thought they were homoerotic,and then when they had their movie it became more obvious...BATMAN & ROBIN,anyone?

-------------

Date Posted: September 06 2011 at 7:48am
It's different then Batman & Robin because I'm almost 100% sure that the hilariously inappropriate poster was unintentional. If it was intentional, then that poster's the most awesome thing ever.

Another key difference with Batman & Robin was that my eyes never exploded like Toht from the greatest movie ever while watching Yogi Bear.

-------------

Posted By: SuperTeenTopia
Date Posted: September 06 2011 at 7:55am
Originally posted by Vits

So 2 TV characters did things that it wasn't until today we thought they were homoerotic,and then when they had their movie it became more obvious...BATMAN & ROBIN,anyone?
Just look at Cracked.com. They have dozens of articles where they nit-pick movies from 30-40 years ago and point out undertones that no one thought about at the time. Of course, they're trying to be funny, so I guess they will try their hardest to find something to mock, no matter how unimportant it is.

-------------
"People say 'It's all about the story’. When you're making tentpole films, bull$hit." -Andy Hendrickson (Disney Animation Studios' Chief Technical Officer)

Print Page | Close Window