Print Page | Close Window

WORST SUPPORTING ACTRESS of 2010

Printed From: Official RAZZIE® Forum
Category: DISCUSSIONS & POLLS on 2010 RELEASES
Forum Name: POLL: POSSIBLE WORST SUPPORTING ACTRESSES for 2010
Forum Discription: Help Us Narrow ANOTHER Berry Over-Crowded Field...
URL: http://www.razzies.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=4710
Printed Date: September 18 2014 at 11:05pm

Topic: WORST SUPPORTING ACTRESS of 2010
Posted By: HeadRAZZBerry
Subject: WORST SUPPORTING ACTRESS of 2010
Date Posted: December 15 2010 at 9:17am

THOUGH NOT QUITE as OVER-CROWDED as 
WORST SUPPORTING ACTOR,
the FIELD for SUPPORTING ACTRESS ALSO HAZ 
WAY TOO MANY CHOICES for 2010. 

ABOVE WE'VE LISTED the ONES WE CONSIDER LIKELIEST 
to MAKE the FINAL FIVE COME http://www.razzies.com/forum/sked-for-31st-razzies-83rd-oscars_topic876.html - ... 

FEEL FREE to VOTE for YOUR CHOICE and -- 
AS MANY of YOU DID in OUR http://www.razzies.com/forum/worst-supporting-actor-2010-poll_topic4690.html -  -- 
FEEL FREE to MENTION ANY POSSIBLE CHOICES
YOU THINK WE'VE OVER-LOOKED... 

IMPORTANT NOTE: 

To clarify -- Forum polls are "just for fun," and have nothing to do with 

the actual/eventual results of this year's RAZZIE® Awards, 

which are determined by dues-paying Voting Members of the G.R.A.F. 

If you would like to become a Voting Member and receive 

both Nominating and Final Ballots for this year's RAZZIES®

here's the  http://razzies.com/join.asp -  to do so:  

http://razzies.com/join.asp -   

HAPPY HOLIDAY HEAD-HUNTING! 

-------------
Ye Olde Head RAZZberry

Replies:
Posted By: Gregory
Date Posted: December 15 2010 at 9:59am
Head Razz, do you consider Brooke Shields (Furry Vengeance), America Ferrera (Our Family Wedding) and Jessica Alba (Valentine's Day and perhaps Little Fockers) lead or supporting?  

RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: Shields, because she had second billing, is likely to be listed in our Worst Actress Poll (coming soon). Ferrera is not even on our radar (but would likely be Supporting) and Alba is one of the people I was referencing from LITTLE FOCKERS. If she stinks in that, she may get a slot for both it and VALENTINE'S DAY on our Nominating Ballot, but we thought MacLaine (a multi-time Oscar nominee and winner) was far more egregious in VALENTINE'S DAY...  

-------------

Posted By: Vheid
Date Posted: December 15 2010 at 11:29am
Wow, these roles are really supporting roles. I can't seem to place a face with most of those names (even when i've seen the movies).

Head RAZZberry, isn't Nicola Peltz a lead actress in Airbender? (she seems more of a lead actress than Brooke Shields in Furry Vengeance is) If you wanted to award a supporting actress in The Last Airbender, i would go for Seychelle Gabriel (The white-haired girl in the movie) and place Peltz in the worst actress-category (so that Airbender is represented in every single Razzie-category)

Posted By: oiram
Date Posted: December 15 2010 at 12:49pm
Wha? No no no. Brooke Shields name was not in the advertisements at all. She was shown, but they didn't make a big deal about it. If they did make a big deal about her being in the movie, then she would be a possible worst actress, but since thast wasn't the case, she's more of a worst supporting actress.

Also, you have Liza Minelli up there, but not Miley Cyrus. Why?

I'm really dissapointed in this list, cause I had a perfect Razzie list in mind that would be ruined if I have to nominate/vote by this limited list. I hope that it will be more free when the nomination ballots come out.

RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: Don't panic yet -- The list above is "preliminary" and not necessarily reflective of what will appear on your Nominating Ballot (where we usually try to keep the list in each category down to 12-15 choices). Also, as has alwaze been our tradition, there is room for multiple WRITE-INS in each of the categories you'll be voting on. So, yes, voting will be "more free" come actual Balloting time... 

-------------
Elizabeth Hartman and Judith Barsi are more talented and beautiful than Scarlett Johansson and Chloe Grace Moretz. Fact.

Worst Supporting Actor: Brendan Fraser/Gimme Shelter and The Nut Job

Date Posted: December 15 2010 at 12:55pm
Heck no. I want Airbender to be in every category except worst actress (and possibly the new worst screen ensemble, as alot of the actors/actresses in TLA are not known for anything prior.), because I wanna make sure that Megan Fox takes home the spray painted gold.
Originally posted by Vheid

Wow, these roles are really supporting roles. I can't seem to place a face with most of those names (even when i've seen the movies).

HeadRAZZ, isn't Nicola Peltz a lead actress in Airbender? (she seems more of a lead actress than Brooke Shields in Furry Vengeance is) If you wanted to award a suporting actress in The Last Airbender, i would go for Seychelle Gabriel (The white-haired girl in the movie) and place Peltz in the worst actress-category (so that Airbender is represented in every single Razzie-category) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seychelle_Gabriel -

-------------
Elizabeth Hartman and Judith Barsi are more talented and beautiful than Scarlett Johansson and Chloe Grace Moretz. Fact.

Posted By: BurnHollywoodBurn
Date Posted: December 15 2010 at 12:56pm
I really wanted to vote for Jessica Alba. Three movies this year and not a good performance between them (so far), plus she is LONG overdue for a razzing. So I went with Gemma Arterton, because "Clash" and "Persia" both sucked!

-------------
The Four Horsemen of the Moviepocalypse: uncalled for sequels/remakes/reboots, 3-D surcharges, untalented "celebrities", and anything with Michael Bay's name attached to it.

Date Posted: December 15 2010 at 12:58pm
Does that include Machete, cause I thought she did better in that one.
Originally posted by BurnHollywoodBurn

I really wanted to vote for Jessica Alba. Three movies this year and not a good performance between them (so far), plus she is LONG overdue for a razzing. So I went with Gemma Arterton, because "Clash" and "Persia" both sucked!

-------------

Posted By: GTAHater767
Date Posted: December 15 2010 at 2:33pm
Megan Fox for Jonah Hex would just skew the votes, so I think HeadRAZZ put several others up there instead. I put Liza Minnelli for Sex & the City 2.  

RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: After much thought and deliberation, Megan Fox (who did have less than 20 minutes of screen time in JONAH HEX, but also had above-the-title billing) will be listed in our Worst Actress poll when it posts later this month. Cher, who had even less screen time than Fox, and was clearly not the lead character in BURLESQUE, is listed here as Supporting Actress. Christina Aguilera, whose character clearly was the focal point of BURLESQUE (and who was on-screen about 3 times as much as Cher) will likely be listed alongside Fox for Worst Actress...  

-------------

Posted By: MiguelAntilsu
Date Posted: December 15 2010 at 3:53pm
Clash sucked a little, but Persia did not.    

-------------

Date Posted: December 15 2010 at 4:38pm
Oh, I beg to differ on both accounts. They sucked big time, coming from a fan of both the original movie and video game that they were based on. And what is with you and your obsession with soccer cards? It's almost becoming as campy as your "Twilight" fixation ... almost.  

Originally posted by MiguelAntilsu

Clash sucked a little, but Persia did not.  

-------------
The Four Horsemen of the Moviepocalypse: uncalled for sequels/remakes/reboots, 3-D surcharges, untalented "celebrities", and anything with Michael Bay's name attached to it.

Date Posted: December 15 2010 at 5:21pm
If the Sands of Time sucked big time, why didn't it get a forum here alongside Sex & the City 2?  

Oh, I beg to differ on both accounts. They sucked big time, coming from a fan of both the original movie and video game that they were based on. And what is with you and your obsession with soccer cards? It's almost becoming as campy as your "Twilight" fixation ... almost. 

-------------

Date Posted: December 15 2010 at 5:48pm
Well, that's my personal opinion, but based on the fact the movie bombed at the box office, I doubt I'm the only who thinks Sands of Time sucked.

-------------

Posted By: Razziedent Evil
Date Posted: December 15 2010 at 8:29pm
What are Burlesque actresses doing on the list? I read that the cast was well recieved, including Aguilera -- it's even noted in Rotten Tomatoes consensus. And Bette Midler as Worst Supporting Actress in an animated movie?????  

-------------

Posted By: Film Reel Redemption
Date Posted: December 15 2010 at 10:22pm
Hey the BAFTAs gave Eddie Murphy a "Best Supporting Actor" nomination for his voicework in Shrek, so why can't we do the same here with Miss Milder?  

P.S. By the look of the poll, it appears 'The Last Fart-Bender' is gonna sweep the awards ceremony. Sorry M Night, but we DIDN'T sign you up for this

-------------
You see in this filmmaking world there's two types of people my friend. Those with the knowledge of film and those who think they do but really don't.

Date Posted: December 16 2010 at 6:37am
That's because most of them were not really acting, they were just dully speaking out lines.

Originally posted by oiram

Heck no. I want Airbender to be in every category except worst actress (and possibly the new worst screen ensemble, as alot of the actors/actresses in TLA are not known for anything prior.), because I wanna make sure that Megan Fox takes home the spray painted gold.

I wonder has there ever been a descent adaptation of  a video game. It seems like the source material doesn't really lents itself to the screen.

Well, that's my personal opinion, but based on the fact the movie bombed at the box office, I doubt I'm the only who thinks Sands of Time sucked.

Posted By: The Larch
Date Posted: December 16 2010 at 7:52am
Hey Razzman, you left out Kim Cattrall (SATC2), Taylor Swift (Valentine's Day- a MUST nominee Nuke), Lindsay Lohan (Machete- ditto Nuke), Jessica Alba (The Killer Inside Me- a lame-a** indie flick, Machete, Valentine's Day and the upcoming Little Fockers), yet you've got the great Catherine O'Hara (even in a lousy role, she's STILL not as wretchedly bad as those I mentioned), and of couse the obligitory Mrs. Travolta pick (what's your problem with her anyway? She's not THAT consistently awful!)...way to put minimal thought into this category AGAIN Thumbs Down...

Date Posted: December 16 2010 at 8:04am
Jesus, show a little respect! If you go around attacking people like that you'll never get things done.

If you just read the previous posts you would see that the Head RAZZberry didn't place Jessica Alba on the poll because Little Fockers wasn't released yet.

I am tired of the Lindsay-thrashing (must we really "award" every small role she has on screen).

Just out of curiousity, Head RAZZberry why was Taylor Swift left off? (is it because she is better suited for a worst screen couple-nod?) please answer.

RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: Thanks for coming to our defense, but I don't think Larch is looking to be persuaded so much as he's just spewing. As mentioned, Alba may well make the list once LITTLE FOCKERS has come out. Lindsay in MACHETE seems an even more obvious/lazy choice than those Larch was "calling us out" for making. As for Kim Cattrall, since the four "gal pals" in S&TC#2 had roughly equal screen time, the four of them will be listed jointly as a Worst Actress choice. And Taylor Swift in VALENTINE'S DAY was one of the few among the 19 names in that film's cast who mostly got (surprisingly) favorable reviews...  

-------------

Posted By: Vits
Date Posted: December 16 2010 at 9:28am
Shouldn't Bryce Dallas Howard be up for that Clint Eastwood movie too?

-------------
You can follow me http://www.twitter.com/@Vits_Chile - @Vits_Chile

Date Posted: December 16 2010 at 12:36pm
Megan Fox is also too obvious, but she might already be on the nominating ballot under this category.

-------------

Date Posted: December 16 2010 at 1:40pm
Okay, so my Lohan choice was "lazy" (even though she was as weak acting-wise as she was in her other past nominated roles, as was most of the cast of that dreadful movie, esp. Steven Seagal), but lumping in the four SATC gals as one isn't (esp. if there's an ensemble category, which I've heard there might be), esp. since everyone KNOWS Sarah Jessica Parker is the "main" character our of those four, and only she and Catrall are really Razzie-worthy? And let us know about the reviews that gave Taylor Swift favorable notices, since most of the (credible) ones I've read say something along the lines of "she should stick to her day job" (and for good reason)...

Date Posted: December 16 2010 at 2:33pm
Yeah, that's why we have solo acting categories, and are now considering a Worst Ensemble Cast category. 

As for Taylor Swift, please, she was line-reading in a montone voice throughout the movie.  

-------------

Posted By: rburton
Date Posted: December 16 2010 at 4:42pm
Hey John, I totally love you, but if you look over a number of people's suggestions Anne Hathaway came up repeatedly.  I urge you to include her sickening turn.  Just look at her.  It turns your stomach!

-------------
For Your Consideration

Dev Patel for WORST SUPPORTING ACTOR in The Last Fartbender

Date Posted: December 16 2010 at 4:48pm
I just counted up her votes and she made it onto six ballots!  I'd say she's a definite contender not just for a nomination, but to "win."

Just looking at her makes me want to run from her!

-------------
For Your Consideration

Date Posted: December 16 2010 at 5:03pm
Rburton, you are hereby banished from the forum for constantly bringing up a movie that isn't even close to being a Razzie contender!  

-------------

Date Posted: December 16 2010 at 5:26pm
Now that I can agree with, even if it's coming from a guy who constantly proclaiming "Twilight" as the single worst thing ever to be produced into a movie (which it isn't) ... and thinks he has some kind of say over who can post here or not.  

Rburton, you are constantly bringing up a movie that isn't even close to being a Razzie contender.

-------------

Date Posted: December 16 2010 at 6:48pm
You're saying that to six people including myself who considered Hathaway worth mentioning on their ballots??   LOL  

You are hereby banished from the forum for constantly bringing up a movie that isn't even close to being a Razzie contender.

-------------
For Your Consideration

Date Posted: December 16 2010 at 7:29pm
No one else considered Hathaway worth mentioning on their ballots, you idiot! 

-------------

Date Posted: December 16 2010 at 7:46pm
6 people out of 600+ voting members isn't going to help your cause...

-------------

Posted By: Film Reel Redemption
Date Posted: December 16 2010 at 11:16pm
BHB: I thought you'd like these vids I found on YouTube since they reflect your (and my) opinions on what Hollywood is doing today...  

[TUBE]eZGe3cehqE8[/TUBE]

[TUBE]9U_0LuT6fvU&feature=related[/TUBE]

-------------
You see in this filmmaking world there's two types of people my friend. Those with the knowledge of film and those who think they do but really don't.

Date Posted: December 17 2010 at 6:24am
Six people did, you dog. Clap  

No one else considered Hathaway worth mentioning on their ballots, you idiot! 

-------------
For Your Consideration

Date Posted: December 17 2010 at 7:52am
Rburton: by next week, the poll will have 100-200 votes for someone. 6 is nothing!  

Miguel: cut it out! The only difference between the two of you is that you use annoying soccer cards that you think make you seem like a Razzie authority (which you aren't),and he uses pics and videos (which is a good marketing strategy, even if he doesn't convince us). 

-------------

Date Posted: December 17 2010 at 8:07am
Good stuff, FRR. They were both funny as hell, because they are both so very true!  

Originally posted by Film Reel Redemption

BHB: I thought you'd like these vids I found on YouTube since they reflect your (and my) opinions on what Hollywood is doing today...  

-------------

Date Posted: December 17 2010 at 8:09am
Actually, their rants against each other are even funnier than my rants against the likes of Miguel and MWG, because of Rburton's pictures and Miguel thinking he has some kind of authority here. 

I say let 'em go at it!  

-------------

Date Posted: December 17 2010 at 8:37am
I'm just surprised John didn't include Hathaway.  I thought the point of the recent threads was to determine who the contenders should be, and several people thought Hathaway deserved Razzie consideration.  

Thoughts on this, John?  

RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: Although there are a handful of Forum members who seem to loathe ALICE IN WONDERLAND and everything about it, I did not sense any kind of "groundswell" or "clamoring" for Hathaway specifically. Personally, I thought the headache inducing 3-D element of ALICE was of RAZZIE® caliber, and thus the film itself may be listed among the choices for Worst Eye-Gouging Mis-Use of 3-D. As for those http://razzies.com/join.asp - who feel adamantly about Hathaway's RAZZIE® worthiness, that's what the write-in slots on our Nominating Ballot are for...  

-------------
For Your Consideration

Posted By: cvcjr13
Date Posted: December 17 2010 at 9:25am
For the record, I'd be all for Brittany Daniels of Skyline getting the nod, mostly because she's portrayed the exact same tiringly dumb blonde white woman in White Chicks, Little Man...and now Skyline

-------------

Date Posted: December 17 2010 at 10:21am
Many more thought she didn't. I myself am also not a big fan of the film, but i think you should acknowledge defeat, instead of complaining about her exclusion for the rest of the year.

You fought a good fight, campaigned as hard as you could on this site but it didn't work. Too bad, and just get on with your life. Who knows, maybe there will even be a sequel you can trash in the near future (life is full of suprises like that)...

Originally posted by rburton

several people thought Hathaway deserved Razzie consideration.  

-------------

Date Posted: December 17 2010 at 11:31am
Yeah, the only "good" thing was that this time, she didn't have to co-star with the Wayans Brothers! Her twin sister, Cynthia had the right idea -- get out of the acting business when the getting was good.  

Originally posted by cvcjr13

For the record, I'd be all for Brittany Daniels of Skyline getting the nod, mostly because she's portrayed the exact same tiringly dumb blonde white woman in White ChicksLittle Man...and now Skyline

-------------

Posted By: Mayhem5185
Date Posted: December 17 2010 at 2:09pm
Hey Miguel could you toss a few green cards my way, i have some relatives who need to get into the country! LOL

And i have to agree with Burn, this new Miguel/rbourton rivalry is much more entertaining than the epic one of Gee-Wiz vs everybody.  

-------------
I don't have pet peeves, I have major psychotic f**king hatreds! George Carlin

Date Posted: December 17 2010 at 2:21pm
But has Gee-Wiz gotten a clue and left? That, or he's out on winter break...  

-------------

Posted By: Anuss
Date Posted: December 18 2010 at 3:01am
Anne Hathaway was OK in ALICE...   

-------------

Date Posted: December 18 2010 at 4:27am
I'm guessing MWG still drops by and lurks occasionally...  

-------------

Date Posted: December 18 2010 at 7:56am
Green cards? You don't watch soccer, do you?  

Originally posted by Mayhem5185

Hey Miguel could you toss a few green cards my way, i have some relatives who need to get into the country!

-------------

Date Posted: December 18 2010 at 4:30pm
I was making an illegal alien joke, and i do watch soccer -- just not very often (But more often than baseball Big smile)

-------------

Date Posted: December 19 2010 at 11:01am
Yeah, I knew you meant the visa. I just wanted to make sure. I'm probably the only Chilean who's not into soccer.  

-------------

Posted By: Odyssey
Date Posted: December 19 2010 at 11:35am

Head RAZZberry, isn't Nicola Peltz a lead actress in Airbender? (she seems more of a lead actress than Brooke Shields in Furry Vengeance is) If you wanted to award a supporting actress in The Last Airbender, i would go for Seychelle Gabriel (The white-haired girl in the movie) and place Peltz in the worst actress-category (so that Airbender is represented in every single Razzie-category)

yeah, I like Vheid's idea, Peltz a lead actress and Gabriel a supporting actress, then Airbender can pop up in every category!!

Date Posted: December 19 2010 at 1:11pm
Thanks Odyssey. I was afraid that this post had been forgotten and no one would look back on the idea ever again.

Originally posted by Odyssey

yeah, I like Vheid's idea, Peltz a lead actress and Gabriel a supporting actress, then Airbender can pop up in every category!!

Date Posted: December 19 2010 at 3:36pm
Again, as much as I would've loved for Airbender to be nominated in every category, I still think Megan Fox should atleast get one award.

Thanks Odyssey. I was afraid that this post had been forgotten and no one would look back on the idea ever again.

-------------

Date Posted: December 19 2010 at 9:54pm
I agree to a degree, but Katherine Heigl needs one, too, for the past two years of bad rom-coms. 

Again, as much as I would've loved for Airbender to be nominated in every category

-------------

Posted By: shaurya
Date Posted: December 20 2010 at 3:05am
I found Kelly Preston in Last Song not doing well, so I'll choose her name ! 

-------------

Date Posted: December 20 2010 at 4:13am
Oiram, I was talking about a nomination, not a win. I am actually hoping that Miley Cyrus for The Last Song "wins" for lead actress (hers was the least impressive "acting" of the year).  

Again, as much as I would've loved for Airbender to be nominated in every category, I still think Megan Fox should atleast get one award.

-------------

Date Posted: December 20 2010 at 4:20am
The difference between Katherine and Megan is that Katherine will still be around because she has that show, Grey's Anatomy, to fall back on, so we will still have a chance at giving her a Razzie in the future. Megan, however, seems to soon be forgotten, and therefore, not apear in other films. While the + is that we don't have to see her again, the - is that we won't be able to give her the Razzie that she derserves.

I agree to a degree, but Katherine Heigl needs one, too, for the past two years of bad rom-coms.

Well, next two years, she's going to do LOL: Laugh Out Loud and So Undercover, as well as a cameo in Justin Bieber, Never Say Never. Therefore, you still have a chance to nominate her so she can "win."

Oiram, I was talking about a nomination, not a win. I am excually hoping that Miley Cyrus for The Last Song wins in lead (which was the least impresive acting of the year).

-------------

Date Posted: December 20 2010 at 4:47am
Oiram, Would the role of Megan Fox be any better if you placed a good actress in the part? I'd say no the problems with Jonah Hax lies within the screenplay, the rushed chain of events and the lack of any character develpment. So I probably won't vote for Megan because it didn't feel like she was the thing that made this film a trainwreck.

Date Posted: December 20 2010 at 4:53am
I never really said she was the main problem, but she didn't help. Josh Brolin, on the other hand, actually gave a good performance, atleast making the film, for me, a little more bearable. This role, bu the way, was specifically m,ade for Megan to get all the "OMG SHE'S SO HAWT" people into the theater. And yes, she didn't have a big role, but she place all over the posters so people could believe so. So there was no way they were going to give that role to a good actress. Besides, she's been asking for a Razzie for a while.

Oiram, Would the role of Megan Fox be any better if you placed a good actress in the part? I'd say no the problems with Jonah Hax lies within the screenplay, the rushed chain of events and the lack of any character develpment. So I probably won't vote for Megan because it didn't feel like she was the thing that made this film a trainwreck.

-------------

Date Posted: December 20 2010 at 6:45am
That's my point. I don't mind if Megan Fox gets the Razzie for an awful performance. I do care if she only gets the Razzie because she is Megan Fox.

-------------

Date Posted: December 20 2010 at 10:58am
Well, OJ Simpson got a Razzie for being OJ. Do you have a problem with that? Also, yes. In a way, I want her to win because she's Megan Fox. If she didn't give an awful performance, she WOULDN'T be Megan Fox.

-------------

Date Posted: December 20 2010 at 11:50am
Exactly! We'd be giving Fox a kind of a "how dare you be famous just for being hot" razzing rather than a "you sucked in this movie" razzing. I think Katherine Heigl would be the better choice, seeing as how she followed up "Knocked Up" with one unwatchable rom-com after another for the past two or three years. Even with a TV series to fall back on, that's still a very Razzie worthy track record.  

RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: Excuse me, but have you seen JONAH HEX??  If Megan Fox does "win" a RAZZIE® for it, it'll be just as much about "you sucked in this movie" as it would be for her being "famous just for being hot"... 

-------------

Date Posted: December 20 2010 at 12:08pm
Oiram, Who knows maybe Fox will "win." If she did, I wouldn't be mad or annoyed (even if it's just for her being Megan Fox). I just wanted to explain why I will not be voting for here (which i've done now) because you were so quick to defend her as a the "best" choice. We both seem to have different views on the subject-matter. I am not planning on changing my thoughts on the matter and I also don't feel like forcing my idea's on you (you should vote what you want to vote). So do you think we could both agree to end this unnecessary discussion? 

-------------

Date Posted: December 20 2010 at 12:10pm
Do you watch Heigl's TV show? She can't go back! 

The difference between Katherine and Megan is that Katherine will still be around because she has that show, Grey's Anatomy, to fall back on, so we will still have a chance at giving her a Razzie in the future.

-------------

Date Posted: December 20 2010 at 12:31pm
K.

Oiram, Who knows maybe she'll win, if she did I wouldn't be mad or annoyed (even if it's just for her being Megan Fox). I just wanted to explain why I will not be voting for here (which i've done now) because you were so quick to defend her as a the "best" choice. We both seem to have different views on the subject-matter. I am not planning on changing my thoughts on the matter and I also don't feel like forcing my idea's on you (you should vote what you want to vote). So do you think we could both agree to end this unnecessary discussion?

Well, OJ Simpson got a Razzie for being OJ. Do you have a problem with that? Also, yes. In a way, I want her to win because she's Megan Fox. If she didn't give an awful performance, she WOULDN'T be Megan Fox.

-------------

Date Posted: December 20 2010 at 12:33pm
Do you watch Heigl's TV show? Why can't she go back on it? Did she die on it or something? Feel free to include spoilers in your explanation, as I (will) never watch that show, so I won't mind.

-------------

Date Posted: December 20 2010 at 4:25pm
I'm pretty sure Katherin Heigl was written off the show so she could focus on her failing movie career. Prime for a razzing!

-------------

Date Posted: December 21 2010 at 2:05am
This is starting to feel just like the Worst Career Achievement award. I gave my vote  to da Sly Guy who deserved it more cause he's been a screw up for so long, but popular opinion gave it to Uwe Boll instead (who has dropped off the map since the award). Albiet it wasn't entirely a bad thing, since the razzies passed up on him earlier by giving a Worst Director award to Lady in the Water instead of Alone in the Dark.  

Anyways i digress, if i can save up enough money I'll definatly put Katherine Hegil as my choice just on grounds that she so deserves it more...although if Megan Fox "wins," I'll have no complaints...even if she is just a "flavor of the month" thing.

-------------

Date Posted: December 21 2010 at 7:16am
Originally posted by Mayhem5185

This is starting to feel just like the Worst Career Achievement award. I gave my vote  to da Sly Guy who deserved it more cause he's been a screw up for so long, but popular opinion gave it to Uwe Boll instead (who has dropped off the map since the award). Albiet it wasn't entirely a bad thing, since the razzies passed up on him earlier by giving a Worst Director award to Lady in the Water instead of Alone in the Dark.  

I would say that giving Boll a Worst Career Achievement award was perfect timing.  He just came off a year with a wide release (In the Name of the King), a wide release shrunk down to a limited release (Postal) and a "barely released" (Tunnel Rats), not to mention two straight-to-DVD releases (Seed and BloodRayne: Deliverance).  If we didn't give it to him while he was still releasing movies in the theatre, I doubt we'd ever give it to him.  After Postal, it seems he can't get any movie screens, or if he does, I'd like to know which ones.

Speaking of which, http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0093051/#Director - it's time for the Uwe Boll watch .  This past year, he's directed Attack on Darfur, Final Storm, Max Schmeling, and BloodRayne: The Third Reich, the third installment where he finally picks up the storyline of the original video game.  He's already directing Auschwitz, Bluberella, In the Name of the King 2 and Bennie.

Date Posted: December 21 2010 at 8:48am
Do we really need to complain about the films he made in Germany (and will probably never see the light of day in America)

And Attack in Darfur was a straight-to-video release, so uneligable for the Razzies.

Be glad that he's keeping such a low profile these days.

Speaking of which, http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0093051/#Director - it's time for the Uwe Boll watch .  This past year, he's directed Attack on Darfur, Final Storm, Max Schmeling, and BloodRayne: The Third Reich, the third installment where he finally picks up the storyline of the original video game.  He's already directing Auschwitz, Bluberella, In the Name of the King 2 and Bennie.

Date Posted: December 21 2010 at 9:43am

Do you watch Heigl's TV show? Why can't she go back on it? Did she die on it or something? Feel free to include spoilers in your explanation, as I (will) never watch that show, so I won't mind.
(GREY'S ANATOMY spoilers)

Hiegl's character IZZIE didn't die.Because of all the troubles on the set with Heigl wanting to be a movie star,her character became a bee-otch all of the sudden.The hospital had money problems and needed to fire people,and she just happen to make a mistake on a patient.Also,the CHIEF accidentally slip that her husband ALEX talked to him about her(he begged him not to fire her,but she left before he could explain that).IZZIE just left without saying goodbye.She came back a while later,but ALEX didn't forgave her,specially since she was ill and he didn't know if she was tested in a hospital.In the past season finale a man went to the hospital with a gun and shot ALEX(he didn't die)and a lot of people.IZZIE didn't even call,and nobody explain why.

If IZZIE does return,it can only be a guest spot.

-------------

Date Posted: December 21 2010 at 11:39am
The Heigl vs. Fox debate is a good one: Do we give the Razzie to the actress who had a promising career, but keeps messing it up by starring in bad movies...or do you give it to the "actress" who was hired solely for her looks and is bad no matter what movie she is in? 

Personally, I think it should go to the actress who could have a promising career, but her agent seems to be going out of his/her way to get her the worst material possible for her...in other words, Heigl.

-------------

Date Posted: December 21 2010 at 11:42am
Boll deserved to "win" his Career Razzie -- Stallone has been Razzed enough already, to the point where  it's almost a running gag now. Boll had a slew of bad movies that came out 3 or 4 years in a row, yet managed to dodge a Razzing every year. After his Career award, he fell off the face of the Earth. That outcome alone was well worth it.

-------------

Date Posted: December 21 2010 at 11:50am
I would still go for neither of these reasons. I would simply give the Razzie to the actress who gave the worst performance.

The Heigl vs. Fox debate is a good one. Do you give the razzie to the actress who had the promising career, but keeps messing it up by starring in bad movies, or do you give it to the "actress" who is hired solely for her looks and is bad no matter what movie she is in? Personally, I think it should go to the actress who could have a promising career, but her agent seems to be going out of his/her way to get her the worst material possible for her. In other words, Heigl.

Date Posted: December 21 2010 at 1:36pm
Ditto.

-------------

Date Posted: December 21 2010 at 1:49pm
Yeah, but then Heigl has Fox beat by those standards, too -- because she starred in not one, but two bad movies this year.

-------------

Date Posted: December 21 2010 at 2:09pm

It's Katherine Heigl for me. Killers and Jonah Hex are about equally bad, but throw in Life As We Know It, and Heigl trumps Fox in RAZZIE caliber performances.

-------------

Date Posted: December 21 2010 at 4:11pm
You know, I could say the same thing about Kate Hudson, who was in Fool's Gold and My Best Friend's Girl in 2008, but guess who "won" that year instead?  

-------------

Date Posted: December 21 2010 at 5:47pm
Speaking of Goldie's spawn, HOW does she only have one Razzie nom (in '08), when she should have about 4 or 5 at this point, esecially for last year's Bride Wars? Talk about promising careers (even if she basically played a version of herself in Almost Famous) gone off the rails...

-------------
FYC: WORST Acting Performances of 2014 include: Kevin Costner (X2), Adung Sandler, Seth MacFartlane, Jamie Foxx, Dane DeHaan, and YES Shaliane Wooden!

Date Posted: December 21 2010 at 8:46pm
Yeah, but in addition to being an awful "actress," Paris Hilton was universally hated for being everywhere we looked in 2008, even though she had no reason for being famous. As untalented as Megan Fox is, she is not everywhere we look ... Kim Kardashian may be, but Kardashian took a hint and never made another flick after "Disaster Movie".

-------------

Date Posted: December 21 2010 at 9:59pm
As far as I know, all of the ones he released this year, and all of the ones he'll release next year, are direct to DVD.  And as far as I know, none of them are eligible, unless his fans gave screenings in either Los Angeles or New York and we weren't told (I wonder why. . . ).

So, I never said any of these were eligible.  It's just the Uwe Boll watch, just to keep tabs on the man reputed to be the worst living director.

And I wouldn't be too sure that those titles are only available in Germany.

Do we really need to complain about the films he made in Germany (and will probably never see the light of day in America)

And Attack in Darfur was a straight-to-video release, so uneligable for the Razzies.

Be glad that he's keeping such a low profile these days.

Date Posted: December 21 2010 at 10:02pm
I fully agree, although I wouldn't say there was any cause and effect there.  Boll's career was already headed down the toilet bowl.  We merely certified his career for what it was just before the big flush.

Boll deserved to "win" his Career Razzie -- Stallone has been Razzed enough already, to the point where  it's almost a running gag now. Boll had a slew of bad movies that came out 3 or 4 years in a row, yet managed to dodge a Razzing every year. After his Career award, he fell off the face of the Earth. That outcome alone was well worth it.

Date Posted: December 22 2010 at 1:33pm
I find it funny that just as Boll wins a Career Razzie, at the same time, Germany removes the ruling by which directors of Germen decent can get goverment grants for movies without any strings attached. It that could just be timing ... or maybe not!  

-------------

Date Posted: December 22 2010 at 4:58pm
Peltz is so dead

-------------

Date Posted: December 22 2010 at 5:42pm

Look at those results! More than double the votes over the second place of Bryce Dallas-Howard.

-------------

Date Posted: December 22 2010 at 7:50pm
Well, that's another case of a talented actress who "should have known better than to star in that movie"... 

-------------

Posted By: JoeBoyden
Date Posted: December 23 2010 at 7:36am

Some more suggestions, HeadRAZZ:

Anneliese van der Pol, Vampires Suck

Ali Larter, Resident Evil 4

Seychelle Gabriel, Last Airbender

Jessica Biel, Valentine's Day

Brittany Daniels, Skyline

Anna Faris, Yogi Bear

Amanda Crew, Charlie St. Cloud (could go leading)

Date Posted: December 23 2010 at 8:10am
As I recall, that happened the year before, when In the Name of the King, Postal and Tunnel Rats came out.  So, no, I don't feel we can take credit for that.  It's just the case of Germany coming to its senses by not sponsoring cinematic junk.

It doesn't matter, though, except to German taxpayers.  It hasn't slowed Boll down one wit.  He still is knocking out three to four movies, mostly video game so-called adaptations, every year.  If movie theaters hadn't caught on to what a box office dud his movies are, we'd still be nominating him. 

I find it funny that just as Boll wins a Career Razzie, at the same time, Germany removes the ruling by which directors of Germen decent can get goverment grants for movies without any strings attached. It that could just be timing ... or maybe not!  

Date Posted: December 23 2010 at 4:47pm
Really? Because the last time I checked, he was reduced to e-begging. Without a steady money flow, there's no way for him to be popping out three or four movies a year unless they have budgets in the double digits. And even if he is managing to make any movies, it's clear no studio wants to go near him.  

It doesn't matter, though, except to German taxpayers.  It hasn't slowed Boll down one wit.  He still is knocking out three to four movies, mostly video game so-called adaptations, every year.  If movie theaters hadn't caught on to what a box office dud his movies are, we'd still be nominating him. 

-------------

Date Posted: December 24 2010 at 2:49am
"E-begging"??  LOL  Love it! 

Boll has only solicited online for funds once that I know of, and I'm not sure, but I'm guessing he didn't get enough money for even five minutes of film.

And I'm not sure why you're saying what you're saying http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0093051/ - when Boll has been cranking out 3 to 4 films a year (and that's just as a director).  I'm little surprised, BHB.  You usually allow for facts in your opinions.

-------------

Date Posted: December 24 2010 at 10:24pm
Yeah, cvcjr, but like I said, it's one thing if he somehow manages to con people into giving him money to produce these movies. It's another thing all together to find a studio stupid enough to buy the finished product and release it in theaters or on DVD. A produced movie is no threat to us if it doesn't have a home, ie. a format for people to watch it.

-------------

Date Posted: December 25 2010 at 4:23am
Boll has his own production company - Boll Kino Beteiligungs GmbH & Co. KG.  Brightlight also seems to be involved with most if not all Boll films.

Yeah, cvcjr, but like I said, it's one thing if he somehow manages to con people into giving him money to produce these movies. It's another thing all together to find a studio stupid enough to buy the finished product and release it in theaters or on DVD. A produced movie is no threat to us if it doesn't have a home, ie. a format for people to watch it.

Date Posted: December 25 2010 at 5:21am
Just goes to show; out of sight, out of mind. Uwe Boll movies have been out of my sight for a few years now, so now I pay no mind to what the man does these days.  

Boll has his own production company - Boll Kino Beteiligungs GmbH & Co. KG.  Brightlight also seems to be involved with most if not all Boll films.

-------------

Posted By: Roman Motley
Date Posted: December 26 2010 at 11:45pm
I think a Razzie nomination for Julie Andrews or Selma Hayek would be unnecessary. Althought they did take roles in very bad movies both women are good actresses. Thier movies  were bad, but they were actually decent.

Date Posted: December 27 2010 at 10:29am
Welcome,Roman.  

What you said is true: A lot of performers get nominated for bad choices, but it's mostly when they choose to be in 2 or more bad movies in one year, and then they get nominated for all of them.

-------------

Date Posted: December 28 2010 at 5:27am
Originally posted by Roman Motley

I think a Razzie nomination for Julie Andrews or Selma Hayek would be unnecessary. Althought they did take roles in very bad movies both women are good actresses. Thier movies  were bad, but they were actually decent.
Those are possible, considering Selma Hayek was in "Grown-Ups", and could also be included in Worst Ensemble Cast.

-------------

Posted By: JoJo
Date Posted: January 03 2011 at 1:54pm
Again - WHERE is Ashley Greene for Twilight?

She is so very very bad.....

Date Posted: January 03 2011 at 2:08pm
Welcome JoJo. Do you think the actress/singer who you share a name with should be nominated someday?  

I don't think I've ever read reviews mentioning Ashley Greene's performance...good or bad. Does that mean her 2 Teen Choice Awards don't count?? LOL  

-------------

Date Posted: January 03 2011 at 2:10pm
Strangely enough, Ashley Greene barely gets any Razzie attention. I think she's the least talented member of the cast -- not to mention she's more famous for her body, after she "accidently" released nude photos of herself! 

-------------

Posted By: JoJo
Date Posted: January 03 2011 at 5:19pm
Unfortunately my knowledge of said singer in any acting roles is lacking... Shocked  

As far as AG - I think her best performance so far is as Joe Jonas 'girlfriend'.  She's putting effort in for that role!  

-------------

Posted By: moviegoer
Date Posted: January 04 2011 at 2:54am
 My vote would be for Kelly Preston -- She's an aweful actress, bad in everything she does. Once her looks completely fade (and they have already faded) she'll be lucky to get work in anything!

-------------

Date Posted: January 04 2011 at 6:36am
Welcome Moviegoer. So you want Preston to win for http://www.razzies.com/forum/the-last-song_forum426.html - THE LAST SONG  -- or for everything she's ever done? In that case, she'd have to "win" a Worst Career Achievement Razzie.

-------------

Date Posted: January 04 2011 at 6:39am
I think Kelly Preston CAN act.  ANd I feel she's far better than Jessica Alba, Jennifer Lopez or Megan Fox (at the very least) and is probably a better actress than Madonna.  But it's hard to say, since she's been "slumming" in the bad movies, in both major and minor roles, her entire career: Death Sentence, Nothing to Lose, Sky High, From Paris with Love, Old Dogs, Jack Frost, The Cat in the Hat and this year's The Last Song. . . Her best movies for me are From Dusk Til Dawn, Twins, Mischief and SpaceCamp.  And that's not a very impressive list.  

RESPONSE from Head RAZZBerry: Speaking of "slumming," you forgot to mention Preston's RAZZIE® "winning" role in that all-time clunker http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0185183/awards - ...  

-------------

Date Posted: January 04 2011 at 2:18pm
Yeah, Preston seems kinda like a female equivalent of Nic Cage. She just accepts whatever scripts came across her desk, without weighing the pros and cons first.

-------------

Date Posted: January 04 2011 at 2:54pm
SKY HIGH is a good movie. 

Her highest-reviewed movie is JERRY MAGUIRE. 

In those you listed you forgot (from bad to worse) WHAT A GIRL WANTS, EULOGY, SECRET ADMIRER, VIEW FROM THE TOP, HOLY MAN and BROKEN BRIDGES.

I think Kelly Preston CAN act.  ANd I feel she's far better than Jessica Alba, Jennifer Lopez or Megan Fox (at the very least) and is probably a better actress than Madonna.  But it's hard to say, since she's been "slumming" in the bad movies, in both major and minor roles, her entire career: Death SentenceNothing to LoseSky HighFrom Paris with LoveOld DogsJack Frost,The Cat in the Hat and this year's The Last Song. . . Her best movies for me are From Dusk Til DawnTwinsMischief and SpaceCamp.  And that's not a very impressive list.

-------------

Date Posted: January 04 2011 at 7:26pm
HeadRAZZ, you just ruined my night reminding me of Battlefield Earth.  Ah, man, that hurt. . . .

Vits, Sky High sucks (compare to Professor X's school which is what a superhero school should be like), and I didn't mention Jerry McGuire because, aside from Cuba Gooding, Jr.'s performance and the premise, I really didn't like the movie. 

Print Page | Close Window