Print Page | Close Window

ABDUCTION OF ZACK BUTTERFIELD

Printed From: Official RAZZIE® Forum
Category: INFO on POSSIBLE 2011 RAZZIE® CONTENDERS
Forum Name: MEMBER-STARTED FORUMS on 2011 RELEASES
Forum Discription: Here's Where to Find DISCUSSIONS of 2011 Releases Our Forum Members Have Designated as
URL: http://www.razzies.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=5180
Printed Date: October 23 2014 at 3:20am

Topic: ABDUCTION OF ZACK BUTTERFIELD
Posted By: jesse685
Subject: ABDUCTION OF ZACK BUTTERFIELD
Date Posted: July 05 2011 at 6:03pm
I want to post a series of Member-Started Forum topics, based on films with lowly scores on Metacritic.  

My first up: The Abduction of Zack Butterfield. 

Take it away, Razz-Heads!  

-------------
"If you can't make it good, make it 3D!" Peter Travers, Rolling Stone
F**k Yeah/WTF Were They Thinking Awards Results Live-Tweet @jesse685

Replies:
Posted By: Vheid
Date Posted: July 05 2011 at 7:57pm
Wow... Calm down... Take it easy... Chill....  

How are we supposed to start a normal discussion on your forums, if you post 9 forums at one time?? 

Here's a helpful suggestion: If you start a forum for a title no one has heard of, why don't you provide information on the film(s).  I mean like HeadRAZZ does -- links to the films' official sites, their RT or MC-scores, their trailers, or just write your motivations for starting each forum (i.e. what it is you think makes the films possible Razzie contenders)....

Does anyone but me think we should start giving limitations to this site? As in, we are only allowed to start two forums per week per member? 

update: Am I being a little bit too harsh here?   

RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: I was out-of-town for the 4th of July weekend, and came back to discover the multitude of new Member Started Forums from brand-new Forum Member jesse685. While the volume of his/her postings may seem excessive, I also assume it indicates their level of enthusiasm as a newcomer. 

As for the suggestion that we limit how many Member Started Forums any one Forum Member can start up, I don't know any way of enforcing such a "rule" and, much like 27 Years' suggestion about limiting nominations only to film that achieve a pre-set threshold of lowly R.T. scores, I think the berry idea of starting to throw roadblocks into the path of our Forum's free flow of information and opinion is counter to what the RAZZIES® are all about. I see no harm in Member discussions/Forums existing for titles that have little or no hope of actually being nominated. In fact, if/when I post WINNIE THE POOH as our Worst of the Weak pick for July 15th, I will be "guilty" of doing exactly that...  

-------------

Date Posted: July 05 2011 at 8:27pm
No, you're not, you raise a good point. Maybe I think I should delete these forums and leave the major forums up. I only started these because these films haven't had a shot at actual forums, so I took the liberty of creating them. Also because of such low scores they've received on Metacritic (I also use R.T.).

Date Posted: July 05 2011 at 8:28pm
Also, how do I delete my own forums?  

RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: It has alwaze been the "policy" of this Forum to only delete (or "clean up") postings that Members have brought to our attention as being either offensive, insulting or factually inaccurate. Since none of your several Forums meet any of these standards, I see no point in deleting them, and would prefer they be left up and open for replies.  They essentially add to the field of films our Members can consider and discuss as possible contenders, while in no way diminishing or damaging the intent of the Forum itself...  

-------------
"If you can't make it good, make it 3D!" Peter Travers, Rolling Stone
F**k Yeah/WTF Were They Thinking Awards Results Live-Tweet @jesse685

Date Posted: July 05 2011 at 8:40pm
I don't know if you can...

Personally I wouldn't delete them, because that also sounds kind of extreme...

Don't just make discissions, take a minute to think before you post something (that's what i am saying). It will make your input here just that much better...

Most of these forums will probably find activity.... Dylan Dog was a god awfull movie, Monte Carlo has been widly discussed here and The Invisible Sign stars last years Razzie winner Jessica Alba...

As for Zack Butterfield, Love, Wedding, Marriage and A Love Affair of Sorts. I wonder if the HeadRAZZ can merge them into one forum, naming it:  What's the Worst Limited Release of 2011?

update: Is my English really that bad. I suggested to merge these three existing forums into a new forum with that title, I didn't suggest to start a new forum with that title...

-------------

Date Posted: July 05 2011 at 8:53pm
Awesome, let's do it.

Date Posted: July 05 2011 at 8:57pm
Okay, I'll send a message to the HeadRAZZberry and ask him if it's possible...

update: It seems his that his mailbox is full  

RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: Thanx for the hedz-up about my Private Messenger In-Box -- Never got a notification that it was indeed "full," but just deleted about 65% of what was cluttering it, so I should now be able to get in-coming messages...  

-------------

Date Posted: July 05 2011 at 9:01pm
You do that, I've got a forum topic running currently, now we just wait for members to tell us what horrible limited releases they've seen.

Date Posted: July 05 2011 at 9:03pm
Also, Vheid, you should look at my topics for Bad Teacher and Larry Crowne, let me know what you think, my good friend.

Posted By: whatsthepoint
Date Posted: July 06 2011 at 7:53am
You really are pushing the worst movie of the week!

Date Posted: July 06 2011 at 2:46pm
HeadRAZZ, I'll admit that I went too far on this. I should have backed down a little, and maybe shouldn't have been so harsh towards him/her. 

So... sorry for my behavior earlier, Jesse.

-------------

Date Posted: July 06 2011 at 3:44pm
It's OK, apology accepted.

Date Posted: July 06 2011 at 3:45pm
Also, HeadRAZZBerry, thank you for giving a forum for my topics.

Posted By: Michaels
Date Posted: July 06 2011 at 9:45pm
I don't mind more sub-forums about little known movies being added here, if only to give us more to talk about besides movies featuring giant fighting robots or supernatural romances. But chances are almost none of them will get a nod for anything.

-------------
"Just once I want my life to be like an 80's movie ... but, no, no. John Hughes did not direct my life." ("Easy A", 2010)

Posted By: rickriverajoy
Date Posted: July 11 2011 at 12:58am
Hi jessie this is greg from NYC nice to see you on this forum.

Date Posted: July 18 2011 at 6:33pm
Nice to see you too, mate.

Posted By: The Larch
Date Posted: August 13 2011 at 3:51pm
I'm with the majority here (for once); only SEVEN reviewers (5 "top" critics) even bothered to acknowledge this "film" (which has not received even a "limited" release nationwide), and with a never-heard-of-em cast I don't see the point of even bothering with such a nonentity when the likes of The Change-Up Nuke need/deserve a forum of its own...

Print Page | Close Window