Print Page | Close Window

HORRIBLE BOSSES

Printed From: Official RAZZIE® Forum
Category: INFO on POSSIBLE 2011 RAZZIE® CONTENDERS
Forum Name: MEMBER-STARTED FORUMS on 2011 RELEASES
Forum Discription: Here's Where to Find DISCUSSIONS of 2011 Releases Our Forum Members Have Designated as
URL: http://www.razzies.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=5189
Printed Date: July 25 2014 at 1:43pm

Topic: HORRIBLE BOSSES
Posted By: jesse685
Subject: HORRIBLE BOSSES
Date Posted: July 06 2011 at 4:20pm
This looks like a disastrous year for Repeat Razzie Offender Jennifer Aniston (previously starring alongside another huge OFFENDER Adam Sandler in JUST GO WITH IT), reading 46 on Metacritic.

Give it all you got on this HORRIBLE film!

IS YOUR BOSS A REPEAT RAZZIE OFFENDER?

-------------
"If you can't make it good, make it 3D!" Peter Travers, Rolling Stone
F**k Yeah/WTF Were They Thinking Awards Results Live-Tweet @jesse685

Replies:
Posted By: Vits
Date Posted: July 06 2011 at 4:53pm
I wouldn't call her a Repeat Offender yet. She's only been nominated 3 times.

-------------
You can follow me http://www.twitter.com/@Vits_Chile - @Vits_Chile

Posted By: Vheid
Date Posted: July 06 2011 at 4:56pm
Maybe it's just me... but she actually looks good (actingwise) in this movie (better than most of her other recent movies)

-------------

Date Posted: July 06 2011 at 4:56pm
But Aniston's all-time total could possibly hit 5 nominations next year.

-------------

Posted By: moviewizguy
Date Posted: July 06 2011 at 9:20pm
This is not a horrible movie -- It's actually pretty good. Not as good as Bridesmaids (which is really fantastic btw), but I'm sure it's much better than most other comedies released this year. The script contains actual wit, and some really clever jokes and the cast is fantastic. Honestly, they really do make the movie. And no, Jennifer Aniston is really, really good in this film.  

RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: Not sure if Aniston should be listed on our Nominating Ballot for this title -- I will need to see it before finalizing the ballot. But she certainly deserves recognition for JUST GO WITH IT ( http://www.razzies.com/forum/discussion-addl-info-on-just-go-with-it_forum491.html -

Posted By: Michaels
Date Posted: July 06 2011 at 9:34pm
This is pretty much "Office Space" mixed with "9 to 5", combining the "I hate my job" and "I wanna kill my boss" concepts. Frankly, this movie looks funny, and I don't think it's one of ours. However, Aniston could get a conjoined Worst Actress nod for this and "Just Go With It", mostly for "JGWI".

-------------
"Just once I want my life to be like an 80's movie ... but, no, no. John Hughes did not direct my life." ("Easy A", 2010)

Date Posted: July 06 2011 at 11:27pm
In much simpler terms, this is a comedic version of Strangers on a Train. Also, why would Aniston get a "conjoined" nod if she's actually good in this film? She plays a different character than her past several roles, and I think she plays it really well.

-------------

Date Posted: July 07 2011 at 5:28am
No, because "Strangers on a Train" had nothing to do with the characters' work or bosses, whereas "9 To 5" was about killing your boss. And you know how the Razzies combine all the movies the said nominee was in as their worst acting nod? That will probably happen to Aniston if she gets nominated this year.

-------------
"Just once I want my life to be like an 80's movie ... but, no, no. John Hughes did not direct my life." ("Easy A", 2010)

Date Posted: July 07 2011 at 6:42am
Yeah. I don't think a lot of people hated Aniston in THE SWITCH, but...

-------------

Posted By: whatsthepoint
Date Posted: July 07 2011 at 8:07am
Um this is getting decent reviews. 

I don't what Jesse's problem is, but he needs to stop trying to get all these films on our nominating ballot. 

-------------

Date Posted: July 07 2011 at 8:42am
Actually, Strangers on a Train is a good description of this movie because that was about a guy who wants his wife dead, so he picks a stranger so they could kill each other's wives. In fact, that movie is even mentioned in Horrible Bosses.  

RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: Sorry, but you've got the actual plot of STRANGERS ON A TRAIN (one of my favorite good movies) all garbled -- Farley Granger plays an up-and-coming tennis champion who randomly meets Robert Walker on a train. Walker, a sociopath, proposes "switching murders" with Granger, who wants a divorce from his wife. In exchange for Walker killing the wife (which he does in a memorable "Lover's Island" sequence) Granger is expected to kill Walker's domineering, wealthy father (which he does not). 

I have always considered the 1951 original (which has been variously knocked off and/or imitated multiple times) to be one of Alfred Hitchcock's most under-rated films... 

-------------

Date Posted: July 07 2011 at 11:27am
"Strangers on a Train" was about killing family members ... not bosses, as Head Razz mentioned. Again, it goes back to "9 To 5", with the added humor of "Office Space".

-------------

Date Posted: July 07 2011 at 11:46am
THROW MOMMA FROM THE TRAIN anyone?  

Originally posted by Head RAZZberry

I have always considered the 1951 original (which has been variously knocked off and/or imitated multiple times) to be one of Alfred Hitchcock's most under-rated films...

-------------

Date Posted: July 07 2011 at 11:52am
I've heard plenty more reviews mentioning the said Hitchcock film than the 9 to 5 movie, but I really don't wanna make a big deal out of this so I'll just stop at that.

-------------

Date Posted: July 07 2011 at 4:05pm
It's Certified Fresh at Rotten Tomatoes: "It's nasty, uneven, and far from original, but thanks to a smartly assembled cast that makes the most of a solid premise, it works" 

RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: Which is why it appears here as a Member Started Forum, and not an "official" discussion -- With this cast and promos that make it look at least mildly funny, BOSSES doesn't (to me, anyway) have the earmarks of an obvious RAZZIE® Contender...  

-------------

Date Posted: July 07 2011 at 7:41pm
The only aspect "borrowed" from "Strangers" is the idea of the workers killing each other's bosses instead of their own, so they will not be suspects in the murders. 

Other than that, the killing-your-boss idea is clearly lifted from "9 To 5," which I suppose is not being mentioned because it had a mostly a female cast, while this one is mostly males?  

-------------

Posted By: BurnHollywoodBurn
Date Posted: July 09 2011 at 12:51pm
Why is this forum even here? Sure, it has Jennifer Aniston, but I would hardly call this Razzie worthy.

-------------
The Four Horsemen of the Moviepocalypse: uncalled for sequels/remakes/reboots, 3-D surcharges, untalented "celebrities", and anything with Michael Bay's name attached to it.

Date Posted: July 30 2011 at 8:30am
I just saw it.And I saw at the cinema,which helped a lot because when I hear other people laughing at a movie I laugh a little more.

While the premise isn't original(at one point they actually mention STRANGERS ON A TRAIN and THROW MOMMA OF THE TRAIN),the script is great.Not just because it's funny,but the plot it's well constructed.So many unpredictable turns.

There are very good performances,and the 3 leads have good chemistry and timing(the bloopers during the end credits show how much they improvised).

I give it 9/10.
Originally posted by Head RAZZberry

Not sure if Aniston should be listed on our Nominating Ballot for this title -- I will need to see it before finalizing the ballot.
Please don't!

-------------

Date Posted: August 04 2011 at 2:07am
Then let's hope it doesn't go on the Nominating Ballot. I regret starting this forum in the first place.

-------------

Date Posted: August 04 2011 at 4:00pm
Originally posted by jesse685

Then let's hope it doesn't go on the Nominating Ballot. I regret starting this forum in the first place.
I don't think forums should be started just because there's a single past Razzie offender in a said movie. There needs to be other warning signs besides that (likewise with the upcoming "Don't Be Afraid Of The Dark").

-------------

Posted By: bthreeforum
Date Posted: August 05 2011 at 4:54pm
Horrible is the best way to describe this movie. Not only was it not written well, the actors were terrible and should be embarrassed to take the parts, it was mindless, unappealing and raunchy. How was the old was the writer about 19 years old. The comedy was so far from funny, there was not one point I laughed. I think the writer was trying to get the shock factor reaction from all of the cursing- but even the cursing was boring. There was no message and no point to the movie. Jennifer Aniston did a terrible job of acting and she didn't even look good or pull off what was supposed to be a sexy character, instead she came off cheap and raunchy and made the character not believable- which is also the fault of the terrible writers. Don't waster your money or time.

Date Posted: August 05 2011 at 5:57pm
Welcome.I agree that they should've made it clearer what and if there was a message.I actually liked what they did with her character.Making such an attractive woman look so crazy we're against her(let's face it,lots of men ignore she harrases DALE and are all like "Who cares if she's hot?")can only be accomplished by making her that cartoonish.

-------------

Date Posted: August 05 2011 at 7:00pm
This is a bromance movie, not meant to be seen in theaters. You rent it, take it home, watch it with all your guy friends while eating pizza and drinking beer ... and yelling out about how "hot" Jennifer Aniston is. That's all there is to it.

-------------

Posted By: The Larch
Date Posted: August 13 2011 at 1:13pm
Much like combining Worst Couple & Worst Ensemble into ONE category, NOT having Brendan Fraser on the Worst Actor ballot last year, and nominating George W.Bush and the bulk of his cabinet in 2004 for NO sensible reason Thumbs DownX3, I'm thinking the member-started forum concept is a BAD idea, when Bad Teacher AND Horrible Bosses have been cited, but NOT the far less funny/useful (not to mention unliked) The Change-Up, which has so far escaped the Razzie wrath, when it SHOULD'VE been named Worst of the Weak Thumbs Down Nuke(if not the whole Month) INSTEAD of the latest Planet of the Apes ...

Date Posted: August 13 2011 at 9:05pm
Agree, I've decided to put up a forum immediately, that way we can discuss how horrible The Change-Up is.

-------------

Date Posted: August 14 2011 at 6:57am
Although, you have to point out the biggest flaw of the movie: what red-blooded, American male is going to say no to a sex crazed Jennifer Aniston, to the point that he decides his only option is to kill her instead of getting all sweaty with her? Yeah, logic problem much?

-------------

Posted By: LindaDN8
Date Posted: August 19 2011 at 1:25am
Honestly, I actually liked the film.  Jennifer Aniston was quite funny in her role.

Print Page | Close Window