Print Page | Close Window

RAZZIE Class of ’06 Reporting 4 Duty,SIR!

Printed From: Official RAZZIE® Forum
Category: FORUMS on 2006 MOVIES w/LYNX!
Forum Name: ANNAPOLIS
Forum Discription: With Less Than 10% Critical Approval @ Rotten Tomatoes, This One May Graduate to the RAZZIE Class of '06
URL: http://www.razzies.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=519
Printed Date: December 20 2014 at 1:51am

Topic: RAZZIE Class of ’06 Reporting 4 Duty,SIR!
Posted By: HeadRAZZBerry
Subject: RAZZIE Class of ’06 Reporting 4 Duty,SIR!
Date Posted: January 26 2006 at 4:30pm

We thought the trailer for ANNAPOLIS looked kinda doofy...but doofy enuff to merit RAZZIE attention?!? With over 90% of the critics on Rotten Tomatoes giving it a thumbs down, this looks like yet another contender (and January ain't even over yet!). Let the race for The 27th Annual RAZZIES officially begin!

-------------
Ye Olde Head RAZZberry

Replies:
Posted By: saturnwatcher
Date Posted: January 28 2006 at 3:47am

I saw Annapolis last night. Take Rocky, An Officer and a Gentleman, and School Ties, roll them into one cliche ridden ball and throw them at the screen, and this is what you end up with.

That said, its really isn't a terrible movie. Its just that it utterly lacks any originality. Whoever thought that James Franco could carry a lead in a movie had probably never seen any of his previous efforts. And the onscreen chemistry between Franco and his love interest, Jordana Brewster, was about as appealing as something you'd see in a 4th grade production of Romeo and Juliet.

Annapolis isnt very good, but probably not really Razzie material. Actually, it probably won't get much consideration, because by November, I'm betting that the two or three of us who see it will have forgotten all about it.

-------------
Nine times out of ten, in art as in life, there is no truth to be discovered, only an error to be exposed.--H.L. Menken

Posted By: saturnwatcher
Date Posted: January 31 2006 at 1:50am

One curious plotpoint from this movie to note: The main character was driven to go to the Naval Academy because it was his dear departed mother's dream. She even dressed him in a sailor suit as a young boy.

Fortunately, she didn't adorn him in a pink cowboy hat, or we would have had to sit through Brokeback Mountain.

-------------
Nine times out of ten, in art as in life, there is no truth to be discovered, only an error to be exposed.--H.L. Menken

Posted By: Guests
Date Posted: February 07 2006 at 5:04am
Formulatic, mediocre acting, I didn't want to shoot myself afterwards......

Not quite Razzie material.

Posted By: Brierfox
Date Posted: September 01 2006 at 3:38pm
My dad was called back into the Navy to serve in the Korean War just after I was born.  My mom and her friend made a sailor suit and photographed me wearing it.  I looked very cute and no doubt it made my dad happy.  It did not make me want to go to Annapolis.  Watching just the previews of this Movie made me want to puke.   It was an insult to all the men and women who worked their butts off to graduate from Annapolis.
After reading and seeing real stories about improper behavior (ie: instructors screwing cadets) at our military accademies, this movie should win an award for the "Most Tasteless and Thoughtless movie of the decade".

-------------
"We aren't in Kansas anymore Toto... Toto??"

Date Posted: September 30 2006 at 6:14pm
My neighbor and his wife went to see this movie.  He had been in the Navy and thought it might be interesting.  I asked him what did he think of it, he breathed deeply, looked off a thousand yards and said nothing for a minute.  Then he said, "damn waste of money".
His wife however, who also didn't like the movie, saw the silver lining: They left early and went to eat at a nice resturant.

-------------

Posted By: sportsartist24
Date Posted: October 20 2006 at 6:30pm
My dad once served in the army, in fact, both my parents did, my mom works at the National Guard in my homestate. But at least I chose not to go see this movie since in your last post, Brierfox, you had a neighbor who said that it was a waste of money.

-------------
The Mormons were'nt really popular in the beginning, they're now becoming more popular, even in Hollywood.

Date Posted: December 14 2006 at 6:28pm

Most of the people I know who saw this movie were not just disappointed, they were disgusted.   You don't often find people angry at a movie because they generally stay away from movies they know they won't like. But previews of "Annapolis" looked interesting,  so a lot of people, including me, gave it a look.

It turned out to be bad, very bad. The plot was wrong, the dialog was wrong, the acting, well, there was no acting, the scenery was nice, but the acting...ah the heck with it.
It was just a bad movie!

-------------

Posted By: tomsmo
Date Posted: December 27 2006 at 10:06am
also I thought they should have had The Women Box in this Film as well.

Print Page | Close Window