Print Page | Close Window

Members' Discussion of COLOMBIANA...

Printed From: Official RAZZIE® Forum
Category: INFO on POSSIBLE 2011 RAZZIE® CONTENDERS
Forum Name: Forum Discussion & Add'l Info on COLOMBIANA
Forum Discription: Here's Where to FInd/Participate in our DISCUSSION as well as LINKS to Other Info on the Film...
URL: http://www.razzies.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=5315
Printed Date: October 24 2014 at 10:11am

Topic: Members' Discussion of COLOMBIANA...
Posted By: HeadRAZZBerry
Subject: Members' Discussion of COLOMBIANA...
Date Posted: August 23 2011 at 9:41am
HERE's WHERE to LAND YER "BODY BLOWS" on 2011's ANSWER to http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QBhn8GAn2nk - ...  

...and HERE's the http://www.razzies.com/forum/official-razzie-take-on-colombiana_forum555.html - to READ WHAT YE OLDE HEAD RAZZBERRY SEZ ABOUT THIS FILM...  

-------------
Ye Olde Head RAZZberry

Replies:
Posted By: Film Reel Redemption
Date Posted: August 23 2011 at 11:17am
Looks like we have another promising star on the Hollywood star chart coming into 'Career Mis-Step sufferers/Destroyers' Anonymous...

-------------
You see in this filmmaking world there's two types of people my friend. Those with the knowledge of film and those who think they do but really don't.

Posted By: Vits
Date Posted: August 23 2011 at 11:17am
Seems to me this is more like a sequel to her 2010 film THE LOSERS. 

Originally posted by HeadRAZZBerry

2011's ANSWER to  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QBhn8GAn2nk - ...

You were comparing Saldana to Pam Grier and Halle Berry. You know she's not black, right?  

Personally, I don't like Luc Besson's style very much(I gave LEON THE PROFESSIONAL 6/10). But if he can make something good out of movies that clearly seem bad (like BANDIDAS which also got a 6), this may not be bad. Let's face it: whenever he writes and produces a movie and then hires unknown directors, it's so he can still have the creative control.

-------------
You can follow me http://www.twitter.com/@Vits_Chile - @Vits_Chile

Posted By: Mayhem5185
Date Posted: August 23 2011 at 1:44pm
Love the KFM reference -- All this movie would have to do is add in some Rex Kramer and a Fistful of Yen and it would be spot-on!. LOL

-------------
I don't have pet peeves, I have major psychotic f**king hatreds! George Carlin

Posted By: SuperTeenTopia
Date Posted: August 23 2011 at 6:04pm
With all due respect, Mister Vits, Saldana is Dominican Republican. Chances are she is of both Hispanic and African descent, as she has been interviewed by many magazines which cater to either one of those two ethnic groups. And lest we forget, Hollywood casts almost entirely based on appearance, so Saldana is almost always cast as an African-American due to her naturally dark skin. However, you should be happy to know that in this movie, she is playing a Latina who just happens to be dark skinned. But hey, why not compare her to Pam Grier or Halle Berry as a black action heroine? Berry is not 100% black either, don't you know? We live in a time where very few people are 100% one ethnicity any more and can be cast in different roles depending on their looks. I wouldn't complain about this, instead you should be glad that Hollywood is opening up to minorities, rather than turning their backs on them.  

Originally posted by Vits

You were comparing Saldana to Pam Grier and Halle Berry. You know she's not black, right?

-------------
"People say 'It's all about the story’. When you're making tentpole films, bull$hit." -Andy Hendrickson (Disney Animation Studios' Chief Technical Officer)

Posted By: jesse685
Date Posted: August 24 2011 at 12:36am
I thought people said that we should wait for lots of reviews to come up before we go giving something a Forum?  

RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: That was a suggestion from another Forum member, not an official edict. And if I'm remembering correctly, it was partially aimed at "Member Started Forums," which often were started before any indicators of a film's quality were even available.  

In the case of this particular film, it has what we call a "RAZZIE® Pedigree" (meaning it was made by people with a past RAZZIE® track record) its basic concept seems  ripe for RAZZing, and early reviews have been 2-to-1 negative...  

-------------
"If you can't make it good, make it 3D!" Peter Travers, Rolling Stone
F**k Yeah/WTF Were They Thinking Awards Results Live-Tweet @jesse685

Posted By: Vheid
Date Posted: August 24 2011 at 10:54am
Why? Do you think that Don't Be Afraid of the Dark or Our Idiot Brother are more obvious Razzie-targets? I personally don't....

Originally posted by jesse685

I thought people said that we should wait for lots of reviews to come up before we go giving something a Forum?  

-------------

Posted By: Vheid
Date Posted: August 24 2011 at 11:02am
Luc Besson has made very bad films in recent years, but somehow I can't completely hate him... Because I know that he still is a very talented filmmaker... I am really looking forward to The Lady (for which they recently released a teaser)... A biopic of Burmese democracy activist Aung San Suu Kyi directed by Besson...

I think that it looks a lot better than that other upcoming biopic with "Lady" in the title...

[TUBE]8wm13WbpE7k[/TUBE]

-------------

Date Posted: August 24 2011 at 11:37am
I think THE LADY will flop. Besson's fans want him doing action movies, so not seeing this will be their way of protesting. 

Originally posted by SuperTeenTopia

And lest we forget, Hollywood casts almost entirely based on appearance, so Saldana is almost always cast as an African-American due to her naturally dark skin. However, you should be happy to know that in this movie, she is playing a Latina who just happens to be dark skinned. But hey, why not compare her to Pam Grier or Halle Berry as a black action heroine? Berry is not 100% black either, don't you know? We live in a time where very few people are 100% one ethnicity any more and can be cast in different roles depending on their looks. I wouldn't complain about this, instead you should be glad that Hollywood is opening up to minorities, rather than turning their backs on them.

Not quite.

I do support that someone can play a character of a different race or country if they look like they can pull it off. My problem is, just like you said, audiences can't tell them appart sometimes. Which is why I didn't know Berry wasn't 100% black until you said it.

People protested against the casting in MEMOIRS OF A GEISHA. I didn't because to me, it's true that Asians look like Asians. But I don't know which of those actors were Japanese or Chinese. 

I don't have the exact numbers, but at least half of us latinos are white. I have no problem with a latina playing a black girl, which is what Saldahna usually does, but I have a problem when people assume all latinos have dark skin.

-------------

Date Posted: August 24 2011 at 12:17pm
The main difference with that GEISHA movie is the history between China and Japan, who have HATED each other for ages We here in North and South America may not care, but it was a big insult to people in China and Japan for Chinese actors and actresses to be playing Japanese roles.  

As for people thinking all Latinos are dark skinned, well, in America, we have Mexicans, Puerto Ricans, and Dominicans living among us and like or not ... nearly all of them have dark skin. I don't mean that as a racist remark, but when 90% of Latinos in America are dark skinned, Americans are going to naturally assume that all Latinos, regardless of country of origin, are dark skinned. AND, if you cast light skinned Latinos too often, then the dark skinned Latino community complains about it. So you can't please everyone all the time.  

-------------
"People say 'It's all about the story’. When you're making tentpole films, bull$hit." -Andy Hendrickson (Disney Animation Studios' Chief Technical Officer)

Date Posted: August 25 2011 at 7:46am
I'm aware of that. When I was in the U.S., I had to convince people I was white. One time someone asked me if I was from Turkey.

I don't mean that as a racist remark, but when 90% of Latinos in America are dark skinned, Americans are going to naturally assume that all Latinos, regardless of country of origin, are dark skinned.

I'm just saying there things that can prevent those thoughts, and latinos playing black all the time doesn't help.

AND, if you cast light skinned Latinos too often, then the dark skinned Latino community complains about it.

Really? When has someone complained about that?

-------------

Date Posted: August 25 2011 at 11:15am
Again, it's within the Hispanic community, so usually in magazines like "Latina," and in/on blogs. 

AND, if you cast light skinned Latinos too often, then the dark skinned Latino community complains about it.

Really? When has someone complained about that?

-------------

Posted By: SchumacherH8ter
Date Posted: August 25 2011 at 1:35pm
The only Luc Besson movie that I thought was good was The Professional.

-------------
I'm the Goddamn Batman.-All-Star Batman And Robin #2
https://twitter.com/Scott_DAgostino
Upcoming reviews: http://www.razzies.com/forum/topic7513.html

Date Posted: August 25 2011 at 3:28pm
What about "La Femme Nikita"? It's made quite the impact, considering it's been remade three times, as a movie and twice as a TV series...   

Originally posted by SchumacherH8ter

The only Luc Besson movie that I thought was good was The Professional.

-------------

Posted By: SchumacherH8ter
Date Posted: August 25 2011 at 9:12pm
I've seen La Femme Nikita and I stand by my statement. I, also, include movies he produced too*.

*I know he produced Taken, but that wasn't very good quality-wise; it's more of a guilty pleasure. It was fun to watch Liam Neeson do horrible things to horrible people who did horrible things to his daughter, but not satisfying artistically.

-------------
I'm the Goddamn Batman.-All-Star Batman And Robin #2
https://twitter.com/Scott_DAgostino
Upcoming reviews: http://www.razzies.com/forum/topic7513.html

Date Posted: August 26 2011 at 3:04am
Only 19 reviews and 10 are Fresh, which means the rotten reviews have been outnumbered but still reads at 53%.

-------------

Date Posted: August 26 2011 at 3:07am
Apparently, Roger Ebert mentioned in his review of Don't Be Afraid of the Dark, he said the haunted mansion in the film was right here in Australia. FTW! (for the win).

-------------

Date Posted: August 26 2011 at 5:35am
Uh-oh, could this be the fourth blockbuster that the Razzies got wrong this summer?  

RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: As I am posting this, just after 4pm/PST on opening day of COLOMBIANA, it's R.T. rating has plummeted to just 33% favorable ( http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/colombiana/ -

-------------

Date Posted: August 26 2011 at 11:58am
While there's no R.T. consensus yet, I predict it will stay between 40-50%. 

Originally posted by SchumacherH8ter

I know he produced Taken, but that wasn't very good quality-wise; it's more of a guilty pleasure. It was fun to watch Liam Neeson do horrible things to horrible people who did horrible things to his daughter, but not satisfying artistically.

Oh!I forgot about TAKEN. I gave it 1/10.

-------------

Date Posted: August 26 2011 at 2:12pm
Come to think about it, isn't this movie just "Taken" except a revenge for parents' death plot instead of a revenge for daughter's kidnapping plot (and trading Liam Neeson for the much easier on the eyes Zoe Saldana)? And another six degrees of seperation: Liam Neeson starred in "The A-Team" and Zoe Saldana starred in the A-Team knockoff, "The Losers". Those are two performers whose careers I never thought would mirror each other's!

-------------

Posted By: GTAHater767
Date Posted: August 27 2011 at 5:04pm
I wasn't the one who asked for this forum (I think Vheid spearheaded this!), but now the reviews on Rotten T are down to 34%, which is simply bad, as opposed to terrible enough to warrant a nomination. Zoe Saldana's mistakes in this movie aren't worth it. On Metacritic, the reviews are at 48%.

As for the whole skin color thing, if it were up to me, race would never be an issue outside of medical science. I don't understand how or who to represent properly, and I pay rather little attention to skin color compared with ethnic background.

-------------

Date Posted: August 27 2011 at 6:21pm
I don't think you can really blame Zoe for this movie. It's her first lead role, which is always a milestone for the career of any actor / actress. And based on her past movies (AVATAR = sci-fi action movie; LOSERS = action movie; STAR TREK = sci-fi action movie), yet another action movie must have seemed like a good choice for her agent to go with. 

However, I don't think this movie will get much Razzie attention, as there are bigger fish to fry -- like a certain one trick pony, former SNL performer, or a certain glorifed music video director...  

-------------

Posted By: ITbeast
Date Posted: August 31 2011 at 1:21pm
I have to agree, especially with such RAZZIE repeat offenders like the TWIGHLT Franchise (An affront to all of the decent horror genres out there) which deserves our attention much more than this Hugh Hefner like Segal Flick (I got to admit howver Zoe sure beats the heck out of Segal in the looks arena). Beer

-------------
The "Networking IT" Movie Buff!

Words to live by:
"Money doesn't make you happy. I now have $50 million but I was just as happy when I had $48 million." - Arnold Schwarzenegger

Posted By: buddy
Date Posted: August 31 2011 at 2:24pm
Oh, for Pete's sake! Not another person who's got the Twilight Saga completely wrong and therefore feels it deserves to be punished. If people could actually comprehend what the movies are about then maybe they would not have such an aversion to them. It is simply a teen romance story that happens to have vampires in it. It has never claimed to be remotely in the horror genre. Why can people not get that? People are wrong when they criticize it for not fitting the mold they themselves created for it. If you do not like teen romance stories fine but it is hardly worth attention here, even in that category, there are much worse to choose from. People need to stfu about Twilight being an abomination to vampire movies when it has never even attempted to compete with other vampire stories and simply have them there for character differentiation purposes. Ignorant Twilight bashing is really beginning to annoy me!

-------------

Date Posted: August 31 2011 at 2:50pm
No Just another person who probably has gotten it pretty much right. Sorry "Buddy" but I can't respect something that not only completely mocks such a respected genre as Horror but the actors themselves could not act there way thru an Ed Wood directed feature which makes the offense even worseOuch. Also I hate to point this out to you but your in the one forum that "Bashing" is an art form and we take it very seriously here (Especially Me!Thumbs Up). So if you do not like being "Annoyed" I suggest you go elsewhere for your "Teen Romance" bruised joke of a franchise  like a Twilight fan site were they will tell you all the things you want to hear and not the truth of the reality of it.

Also leave Pete out of it next time, it's not his fault his view is not the same as yours!Unhappy

-------------

Words to live by:
"Money doesn't make you happy. I now have $50 million but I was just as happy when I had $48 million." - Arnold Schwarzenegger

Date Posted: August 31 2011 at 3:03pm
Excuse me but how exactly have you got it right? You are very wrong in this case. Think about it. These books were written for young adults and the vampires are used as metaphors for those who are not socially accepted. They are never written as traditional vampires. How have the books or movies EVER mocked the horror genre when they have NEVER even been in it??? Seriously what are you on about? It has always been a teen romance with vampires in it and not a horror vampire movie. How can I make you understand this?? 
Adults who bash Twilight are complete morons in my opinion because it just shows that they do not have the capability to understand what I have just written which as far as I'm concerned is as obvious as can be!
Also the actors act those parts exactly as they are written. I bet you have not even read the books and just bash Twilight because you are so cool! 

Date Posted: August 31 2011 at 5:45pm
Can we just stop the f**king argument please?

-------------

Date Posted: August 31 2011 at 6:15pm

Thankfully No, After seeing the 1st two monstrosities that the books are based on I decided to skip the source material and go right into hysterics (just kidding), but I did consider that reading the books would be a waste of my time and life can be so short.

As far as what I am about...well, as most of the people in this forum I am about the love and Romanticism of a 90 to 120 minute foray into another reality that has nothing to do with my normal everyday life. When done right (Or even 50 - 75 percent done right) I experience firsthand what the director is interpreting from the screenplay that is written and the actors translates into a believable reality of what we the viewers can relate to. When a movie falls extremely short of that, it is a moral obligation to make sure that Hollywood knows of its failure whether they care or not (Most times it is not).

If I am a Moron for not subscribing to your value’s or opinion’s then so be it, I am a moron. As I tried to tell you once before this is a forum where all opinions are laid and not all of them will be what you want to hear. Here is a link to one of the http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/twilight_saga_new_moon/ - Twilight debacles from Rotten Tomatoes from people who I am sure the majority you would also describe as “Morons” for not seeing the values and morals as you do.

Bottom Line, either you come to the understanding not all people are going to agree that while a lucrative money maker, Twilight is not a franchise to be a credit to any form of the genre of “Horror” or “Romance” or not get your reality crushed by going to another forum where you know that they will not speak ill of your “Teen Romance”.

Either way I will still be here to point out those short comings from whoever wants to do so.Hug

-------------

Words to live by:

Date Posted: August 31 2011 at 6:21pm
Originally posted by jesse685

Can we just stop the f**king argument please?

Sorry Jesse, I agree this is a little off topic but were you see a f***ing arguement I see as a friendly debateWink.

Now back to our topic that is already in progress....

-------------

Words to live by:

Date Posted: August 31 2011 at 6:52pm
So you admit that you have not even read the stories that you so harshly judge yet you believe that you know all there is to know about it?? You have just proven yourself to be a prejudice, ignorant and unreliable source of information. I could care less what the cliques of other Twilight bashers, who think they know it all but really are just incapable of understanding the source material so they go along with what the ignorant "cool" consensus, have to say. They are all the same. Robots incapable of thinking for themselves. Anyway for every basher I could show you at least 5 lovers. Other people's opinions do not sway me. I think for myself and I am working from facts here. You keep on saying that Twilight is doing a discredit to the horror genre. You do not seem to get it. The movies are not now nor have they ever been trying to be horror. If this is your issue with the movies thus making them razzie worthy then your justification is completely misguided. One last point, which further indicates your prejudice nature. The next Twilight movie is not even out yet but you are so sure it will suck and be worthy of attention...why? Oh because your friends in the cliques who have never read it and do not get the fact that it is not trying to be horror say so?! Not a good or valid reason. Look. Dislike it all you like for your superficial and misguided reasons but to head hunt it for razzie consideration when there are so many movies already out this year that actually deserve attention is just ridiculous. Grown adults taking this teen romance so seriously...really is silly in my opinion. If people have decided it is trying to be a serious adult horror movie then they are simply wrong. There is absolutely no valid reason for indicating that Twilight should be in contention. None.
They are basically made for teen girls and an amount of women of all ages. If you do not fit in to this category you will probably not particularly like it but that does not make it a bad movie. Simply because it does not satisfy your personal taste. Why do people not understand this simple concept.
Apologies to other members for being sucked in to a debate on the forbidden topic but I could not help myself when the topic was unnecessarily brought up/ wrongly accused! Sorry I just feel strongly about this and have a strong desire to defend.

Date Posted: August 31 2011 at 7:23pm
Not Only I'm I am sure it will suck (Literally) but I'll bet you a can of soda that it will actually win a razzie sprayed painted trophie this time around (Trust me it is due).

Since you obviously have a reading impairment (probably of the third kind) and have not taken note of what I have said in my previous post I'll try breaking it down to you so you can understand...

1) I did not read the books because I considered it a big waste of my time and anybody elses

2) For the umptenth time, This is a forum for one to express thier opinions, Bad or Good. If you can't handle that you need to do go somewhere else were your delicate feelings will not get hurt.

3) Get a life, you desperately need to do so. If you have gotten to a point that you can't discern between harmless cristism and more important issues other than this absolutely lame franchise that you have to now resort to verbal insults of another persons opionin.

As Jessie has pointed out it is time for us to move on to the topic at hand but before I go I have one last thing to say....

Live Long and ProsperApprove

-------------

Words to live by:

Date Posted: August 31 2011 at 7:40pm
Originally posted by ITbeast

Not Only I'm I am sure it will suck (Literally) but I'll bet you a can of soda that it will actually win a razzie sprayed painted trophie this time around (Trust me it is due).

Since you obviously have a reading impairment (probably of the third kind) and have not taken note of what I have said in my previous post I'll try breaking it down to you so you can understand...

1) I did not read the books because I considered it a big waste of my time and anybody elses

2) For the umptenth time, This is a forum for one to express thier opinions, Bad or Good. If you can't handle that you need to do go somewhere else were your delicate feelings will not get hurt.

3) Get a life, you desperately need to do so. If you have gotten to a point that you can't discern between harmless cristism and more important issues other than this absolutely lame franchise that you have to now resort to verbal insults of another persons opionin.

As Jessie has pointed out it is time for us to move on to the topic at hand but before I go I have one last thing to say....

Live Long and ProsperApprove
I just think it is really pathetic that grown adults would actually rather see a harmless teen romance be slated because it does not satisfy their own personal taste than the actual critically appalling movies we are forced to deal with. I would much rather see the latter get their just desserts. That to me, that is what the Razzies is all about. So some adults do not like the tame teen vampire movie (which is not a horror movie!!), well boo hoo . It is not the end of the World and it is certainly not worse than the tripe of other movies we have encountered such as Season of the Witch that is all I am saying. Lets keep things in perspective. So many very very bad movies. Twilight simply is not one of them. 
Apologies again for being drawn in to this.
With that I will gracefully bow out and hope Colombiana gets some lovely razzie attention back!

Date Posted: August 31 2011 at 7:46pm
Will Agree Not Agree, One can do no better than that. Thats keeping it in perspective.

-------------

Words to live by:

Date Posted: August 31 2011 at 7:49pm

Will Agree Not Agree, One can do no better than that. Thats keeping it in perspective.
Lol! Not really. But I appreciate the effort! Tell me this then, how can you possibly say that Twilight deserves attention when as I said before there is so much worse out there? I am always just fascinated by peoples reasoning behind their harsh opinions of it especially when as a teen girl movie it really should be easily ignored by those who simply do not like it in my opinion and the movies with huge razzie credentials that are critically slammed or box office bombs should be where the focus here lies instead.
On second thought, never mind, forget I asked. I agree we should just let the subject die.

Date Posted: September 01 2011 at 7:39am
I miss Miguel,but now I see he never left. LOL

-------------

Date Posted: September 01 2011 at 11:23am
Sorry Buddy I fell asleep Sleepy , That happens when I tend to repeat myself. Anyways, just as a friendly reminder when the next installment of "I was a Teen Vampire/Werewolf Romance" comes out in November i'm about 99.9 percent sure that John (The Head Razzberry) will have a big 8 X 11 discussion thread ready to go. So if you do not want to be offended I would steer clear.

This has been a friendly service message brought to you by people who care Hug

-------------

Words to live by:

Date Posted: September 01 2011 at 11:35am
Um, I'm lost here. How did this turn into a debate over "Twilight"? That's a pretty big leap, from wannabe "La Femme Nikita" female assassin movie to wannabe "Buffy: The Vampire Slayer/Underworld" paranormal romance movie.

-------------

Date Posted: September 01 2011 at 1:17pm
Sorry about that SuperTeenTopia, This unfortunately started over a comment I made concerning the original topic discussion and made reference that I thought that "The Twilight Franchise was more deserving" of razzie gold when "BAM"!!!! Nuke The Super Uber Twilight Fanboy from the Teen Vampire Romance Apocalypse came down and brought with him (or Her) a fury of big words!!!Angry 

This would be actually a good topic of discussion for when John Opens Up the thread for the next twilight movie, maybe he will move it there when the time comes.

-------------

Words to live by:

Date Posted: September 01 2011 at 1:32pm
I have learned that there is absolutely no point in having discussions with people regarding the unjustly treated teen movie for teenage girls because men especially, who think they know whats best for teen girl movies, dislike them so they decide that because they dislike them they must be bad. It is the most close minded and ridiculous behavior in my eyes but unfortunately that is how it is. 
That being said. I'm not going anywhere so if I feel the desire I will still discuss it even to no avail.

Most people with a certain amount of intelligence realize that just because they do not like something it does not make it bad especially when they are not the target audience.

I really hope Head Razz sees the light and sees where I am coming from. I know I am right about this. It is not a bad movie. It is just disliked mostly by men, who have completely different taste. 
And as I said before I could care less about peoples taste in movies, dislike it all you like, it just simply does not make it razzie worthy. People need to get over their misguided issues with the teen girl movie. Put on their big boy pants and grow up! There are much bigger and more deserving fish to fry. Fact!

Date Posted: September 01 2011 at 2:00pm
Good Morning sunshine Big smile, I seem to remember this was a discussion about Colombiana once upon a time but I guess somebody put the wrong thread name on the discussion board, Oh WellDisapprove

I'm sure that John has seen the light, just not the light your looking into. Anyways, Lets wait for him to post the topic discussion for the next "Twilight" movie. Then you and I can tango all you want there were you can continue to call me all the little silly names you want, I promiseThumbs Up.

Until then lets call it a truce and give back the other forum members thier thread on ColombianaHandshake

-------------

Words to live by:

Date Posted: September 01 2011 at 2:00pm

I miss Miguel,but now I see he never left. LOL
I think you're right! Lol!

Date Posted: September 01 2011 at 2:01pm
I disliked Colombiana. I thought it was predictable and the acting was very wooden from Zoe Saldana but I do not think it is razzie worthy. Much worse movies have graced us with their presence this year and a score of 35 rotten tomatoes is pretty bad but not in the razzie zone in my opinion. See what I did there, I disliked something but realized that there are critically much worse movies for us to play with. I would hope most others would have the decency to do the same for all movies.

Date Posted: September 01 2011 at 2:17pm
I agree, I think Zoe was uncomfortable in the role she had accepted and was there strictly for the pay check. This movie will defiantly not get any critical accliam nor do I see it coming near at the bottom pile of our awards either. But then again I'm pretty sure the producers never sought to do so and was just set on making an popcorn action flick to make a quick buck. Also I do agree there are more deserving movies worthy of our attention than Colombiana.Approve

-------------

Words to live by:

Date Posted: September 01 2011 at 7:07pm
In the end, all actors and actresses need to pay their bills and have to accept whatever movie comes their way to do so. Personally, I think this movie is nothing more than a guilty pleasure, and there are more juicy Razzie targets out there, like a certain movie coming out in November which has recently become an Internet meme ... and I DO NOT mean "Twilight"!

-------------

Date Posted: September 01 2011 at 7:41pm
I'll agree on the guilty pleasure end of it Evil Smile, not saying that the movie does not have its own unique merrits. But lets stay away from the taboo subject less we break the delicate treaty that was crafted in this hear thread Ermm.

-------------

Words to live by:

Date Posted: September 02 2011 at 6:23pm
There's finally an R.T. concensus(31-35%):"Zoe Saldana has the chops but she's taken out by erratic and sloppy filmmaking".

-------------

Date Posted: September 02 2011 at 6:43pm
No surprise there...Good actress in a B movie...what do you get? Rotten Egg Salad Sick

-------------

Words to live by:

Date Posted: September 02 2011 at 8:59pm

No surprise there...Good actress in a B movie...what do you get? Rotten Egg Salad Sick
Or as my wise, yet slightly oddball grandfather would say, Zoe was a "shiny diamond hidden inside a cow pie"! So perhaps aspects like the directing and the screenplay should get the credit for the movie sucking and Zoe should go scott free. There are more Razzie quality performances out there, like the one by a certain top model in a certain movie about giant fighting robots from outer space.

-------------

Date Posted: September 03 2011 at 2:00pm
What you're saying is the logical thing,but a lot of times actors go to the ballots just for the fact they're in a bad movie.But I don't think it will happen with this movie because A)Zoe isn't a legendary and/or old actress who shocks the audience by being in a bad movie B)This movie doesn't seem to be hated by most people enough for HeadRAZZ to find excuses to fill ballot spaces with this movie(not trying to insult you,but sometimes that happens).

-------------

Date Posted: September 03 2011 at 3:55pm
Yeah, it's not like Zoe is pulling a Halle Berry by winning an Oscar for an overly acclaimed role one year, and then appearing in some hated and unwatchable movie like "Catwoman" a few years later. So nods for the writers and director, but I'll gladly see Zoe in another action heroine role any day of the week and twice on Sunday!

-------------

Date Posted: December 13 2011 at 1:03pm
I just saw it, and I don't want it to be nominated for anything, specially not Worst Actress. Well, maybe Worst Screenplay.

To answer several previous posts here, it's not really an explotation movie, just an action B movie that actually could've used some campy fun.

-------------

Date Posted: January 09 2012 at 6:58am
[TUBE]GFh8dPX_Vn8[/TUBE]
If you prefer, skip to 02:47.

-------------

Print Page | Close Window