Print Page | Close Window

That Really FROSTS My RAZZberries!

Printed From: Official RAZZIE® Forum
Category: 2005 / 26th RAZZIES® POLLS
Forum Name: Most Irksome RAZZIE® Nomination of 2005
Forum Discription: Disagree with Something We Nominated? Maybe It's Listed Here. If Not, Feel Free 2 Post Your Rant BELOW...
URL: http://www.razzies.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=591
Printed Date: October 25 2014 at 12:19pm

Topic: That Really FROSTS My RAZZberries!
Posted By: HeadRAZZBerry
Subject: That Really FROSTS My RAZZberries!
Date Posted: February 11 2006 at 12:10pm

The RAZZIES are, at their core, a joke. But something about this year's Nominees List seems to have struck an angry chord with many Forum Visitors. If you're among them, here's your chance to VOTE for the single nomination that most gets your panties in a knot -- Then feel free to POST YOUR THOUGHTS below. Who sez we don't listen??

-------------
Ye Olde Head RAZZberry

Replies:
Posted By: Guests
Date Posted: February 28 2006 at 5:33am
Jessica Alba isn't that bad of an actress and she's also damn sexy. My dad even watched her TV series 'Dark Angel' back when it was still running. Also, those shots of her underwater in INTO THE BLUE were pretty spectacular.

Date Posted: February 28 2006 at 6:25am

There were a couple of deserving nominees that were left off the Razzie ballot, in my opinion. For one, George Lopez in The Adventures of Sharkboy and Lavagirl. Remember Sylvester Stallone in Spy Kids 3? Lopez's multi-character performance was on a par with that.

And I would think that Jessica Simpson horrible rendition of These Boots Are Made For Walkin' from The Dukes of Hazzard would have been incentive enough to restore your worst song category to your voting base. Original or not, the Razzies could have made the argument that her version was so botched, it was actually unrecognizable as a previously released song. If not, there were plenty of movie songs in 2005 almost as bad that could have been nominated. Hilary Duff, anyone?

Date Posted: February 28 2006 at 7:51am
Don't forget, Ryan...many good actors and actresses have made it to the Razzies because they hitched their wagon to a real stinker!  There are some movies that you can't act your way out of!  (Halley Berry for Catwoman, Bill Cosby for Leonard Pt. 6...some examples of Razzies earned by talented people)  As for this year, this field is as deserving as any I've seen...time to drop a train on this group!

Date Posted: February 28 2006 at 9:52am
Has anyone seen this? Ask for randall and watch what happens. (530)
591-5707

Date Posted: February 28 2006 at 4:41pm
Hayden Christensen is the worst (supporting) actor? Are u guys serious? He lost 5 years of his life playing in SW, he spent months training and feading himself 6 times a day at the same time to be bigger, which is very harmfull for health. He alreday GOT Razzie for SW 2... But still he had chance to prove he is amazing actor and he used it playing incredibly beautiful in Lafe as a house and Sharttred Glass. I hope he is not getting Razzie this year. Please guys, give him a break. He's not deserve it..

Date Posted: February 28 2006 at 7:15pm
Jessica Alba is an idiot.. and her acting abilities are subpar.. she'd be good for a one night romp but thats about it.. Watch her in an interview sometime and you'll see what I'm talking about.

Posted By: dlew919
Date Posted: February 28 2006 at 8:08pm
hayde christensen put a lot of work into Star Wars. he still sucks, and he's apparently "difficult" i hope he gets the razzie this year.

-------------
I am, therefore I think

Date Posted: March 01 2006 at 2:40am
HC sux but he's not a supporting actor! nominate him for the lead categorie!

Posted By: Razzilla
Date Posted: March 01 2006 at 4:51am
When Hayden Christensen wins...it will be for the same role... My money will go for the incumbent here...to keep balance to the Razzie...

Still consider that retro award... We need a hall of shame...

Posted By: saturnwatcher
Date Posted: March 01 2006 at 5:04am

I sort of feel like I lost five years of my life watching the last 3 Star Wars  movies. For the record, my vote went to Hayden. Maybe some sort of special award should be given to George Lucas for creating the 3 highest grossing bad sequels in movie history.

We could call it the Sylvestor Stallone Memorial Award, given annually or on appropriate occasion to the director, producer or actor who does the most inspired job of feeding the public garbage and convincing them that it tastes like ice cream.

As for the other nominees, I think they are all wildly deserving. Let us not forget that this group shut out A Sound of Thunder, measurably one of the worst cinematic disasters in history, in every category. That takes some real effort.

-------------
Nine times out of ten, in art as in life, there is no truth to be discovered, only an error to be exposed.--H.L. Menken

Date Posted: March 01 2006 at 5:27am

Razilla

I love how Hayden caught you   Well done, Dan!

Date Posted: March 01 2006 at 5:29am
Actually I was thinking a retro award for films before the Razzies came into existence...

Besides...A Sound Of Thunder DID go over like a fart in a pith helmet...   

Date Posted: March 02 2006 at 9:59am

Thank you for this poll. Quite aside from the fact that I personally saw nothing wrong with his acting, Hayden Christen was definately not a supporting actor in Revenge of the Sith, the movie that was about his character. I don't know what standards you go by where lead actor is based on screentime, but he was lead actor, not Ewan, not Ian, and not any of those basketball players.

Date Posted: March 02 2006 at 4:01pm
I'm as disgusted with Tom Cruise as the next guy and would just assume his career be over; that being said, he gives a serviceable performance in War of the Worlds. I think the Razzies have jumped the shark this year by blurring the line between celebrities you're tired of and actors and those who put out genuinely crap product.

Date Posted: March 02 2006 at 4:15pm
Umm... Katie Holmes Batman Begins. Face it she only got this nod because of the public relationship. She was miscast but not all that awful. Also I extremely hate Tom Cruise but he gave an OK performance in WOTW. Those nods weren't about acting they were about who is hated now.

Date Posted: March 03 2006 at 4:34am
Why not Hayden as Supporting Actor. As far as I could tell, all actors in that film were supporting the special effects.

Posted By: saturnwatcher
Date Posted: March 03 2006 at 10:13am

Originally posted by locifo

I'm as disgusted with Tom Cruise as the next guy and would just assume his career be over; that being said, he gives a serviceable performance in War of the Worlds. I think the Razzies have jumped the shark this year by blurring the line between celebrities you're tired of and actors and those who put out genuinely crap product.

That seems a bit like saying that the Buffalo Bills have given servicable performances in all four of their Super Bowls. War of the Worlds was a disappointingly bad movie, and Tom Cruise's performance in it was well deserving of Razzie consideration. (old Saturn is a might cranky today forks )

-------------
Nine times out of ten, in art as in life, there is no truth to be discovered, only an error to be exposed.--H.L. Menken

Date Posted: March 03 2006 at 11:32am

If Tom Cruise hadn't had this publicity he wouldn't of gotten the nod

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/war_of_the_worlds/ - http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/war_of_the_worlds/

I don't see anything bad said about Tom Cruise's performance. The movie wasn't that much of a disappointment. Im still mad about Katie Holmes nod, sure she was bad but their were much worse performances.

Posted By: stereoman
Date Posted: March 03 2006 at 2:43pm
It doesn't matter it looks like Rob Schneider won anyway.

The Razzies had a chance of a slam dunk for infamy by annointing Tom Cruise as Worst Actor but they fluffed it by going for Rob Schneider.

Nobody will remember Rob as the winner. Everybody will remember Tom Cruise as the winner.

Posted By: dazza82
Date Posted: March 04 2006 at 2:18am
how do u know rob won?

Posted By: Maike
Date Posted: March 04 2006 at 5:40am

It was posted yesturday. Rob won, Hayden won, Paris won... I don't rememeber who else...  

Date Posted: March 04 2006 at 7:05am
Still there should have been a TIE for most tiresome tabloid target... BOTH TomKat and Tom Cruise the Jehovah Witness wannabee...should have won...

Otherwise I was happy with what I saw...

Posted By: jayharn3
Date Posted: March 04 2006 at 7:10am
where does it say rob won worst actor

Posted By: messy-1
Date Posted: March 04 2006 at 1:52pm
look, if you're going to do it, do it right. There were worse films out there than those that were nominated. Shark Boy and Lava Girl was far, far worse than any of those but maybe Mask 2 Have any of you guys seen Dear Wendy? It has one of the worst scripts ever written.

Is there a worst foreign language film category?

Posted By: dazza82
Date Posted: March 04 2006 at 2:37pm

hi messy

where were all the results posted?

i missed it :(

Date Posted: March 04 2006 at 4:46pm
    reading a post below got me berry angry....Jessica Alba has talent as an actress?  Huh?  Nobody good is in a WB/UPN show, don't care if James Cameron produced or not.  Honey--proved beyond a doubt that she is hotter than hell but can't act better than Jadakiss.  Fantastic Four--more eye candy, more bad acting.  Her latest trash should have won 2 razzies, one for her and one for the equally non-talented Paul Walker.  Being beautiful doesn't make you a great actress--see: JLo in anything, Giselle Bundchen in Taxi, Cindy Crawford in whatever the hell the name of that movie was, Mila Jovovich in anything, etcccc....

Print Page | Close Window