Print Page | Close Window

Member Discussion of 2012's RAZZIE® Front-Runner!

Printed From: Official RAZZIE® Forum
Category: INFO. FORUMS & POLLS on 2012 RAZZIE® Choices...
Forum Name: TWILIGHT SAGA: BREAKING DAWN, PART 2
Forum Discription: Nominated for 11 RAZZIE® Awards & Winner of WORST PICTURE
URL: http://www.razzies.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=6022
Printed Date: October 01 2014 at 3:53pm

Topic: Member Discussion of 2012's RAZZIE® Front-Runner!
Posted By: HeadRAZZBerry
Subject: Member Discussion of 2012's RAZZIE® Front-Runner!
Date Posted: November 07 2012 at 9:18am
WE LOOKED at THIS FILM as HAVING the POTENTIAL to BE the RAZZIE® EQUIVALENT of the THIRD and FINAL http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0167260/trivia?tab=mc -  MOVIE -- AFTER the ACADEMY NOMINATED EACH PREVIOUS FILM for VARIOUS AWARDS, THEY FINALLY GAVE BEST PICTURE ( http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0167260/awards - ) to the LAST FILM in the RINGS FRANCHISE. 

SINCE THEY KNEW THEY'D NEVER AGAIN HAVE the OPPORTUNITY to RIGHTEOUSLY RAZZ WHAT EVERY SANE-MINDED MOVIE-GOER in the WORLD CONSIDERS ONE of the MOST IDIOTIC, INDEFENSIBLE (and UTTERLY LAUGH-OUT-LOUD F-U-N-N-Y!) MOVIE SERIES of the NEW MILLENIUM, WE EXPECTED THIS FINAL FILM to BEAR the BRUNT of http://razzies.com/join.asp - ' WRATH at THIS YEAR's 33rd ANNUAL AWARDS...

...and WE KNEW MOST of YOU HAD BEEN ALL BUT SALIVATING (LIKE a SHIRTLESS WEREWOLF in HEAT?) at the PROSPECT of GIVING THIS FILM IT's DIM-WITTED DUE...

HERE at LAST -- in FORUM FORM -- IS YOUR CHANCE...   

----------  

FOR YOUR RAZZing PLEASURE, HERE's the http://www.razzies.com/forum/twilight-saga-breaking-dawn-part-2_forum653.html - to THIS FILM's FORUM INFO PAGE...  

...and HERE's the http://www.razzies.com/forum/foto-funny-for-twilight-sbd-2_topic6018.html - to CHECK OUT Ye Olde Head RAZZberry's FOTO FUNNY for IT... 

-------------
Ye Olde Head RAZZberry

Replies:
Posted By: Vits
Date Posted: November 07 2012 at 10:09am
As the final installment, I'm guessing this will either be the best or the worst in the saga. It might be the best(like with HARRY POTTER) because of the relief of finally wrapping the story up -- and because of the "epic final battle." However, ECLIPSE was also action-packed, yet it only got mixed reviews. I doubt that it will pull off a FAST FIVE, because except for the occasional meta-joke in ECLIPSE, the saga has taken itself way too seriously, failing to embrace the silly-ness it doesn't even know it has. That's right, I said it! I've defended the saga for the most part, because neither I (nor most critics) think it's anywhere near the worst saga ever made -- but that doesn't mean it's any good. I thought 2 of the movies were OK, but overall, it's a pretty weak saga, and I doubt that this one will do anything to change that. 

As some users have been saying for months, look out for the new cast member Maggie Grace, who was also in LOCKOUT and TAKEN 2. But don't forget about the "usual suspects," especially the ones who've already nominated in past years... 

Originally posted by HeadRAZZBerry

...and HERE's the http://www.razzies.com/forum/foto-funny-for-twilight-sbd-2_topic6018.html - to CHECK OUT Ye Olde Head RAZZberry's FOTO FUNNY for IT...

Gee...Which name is worse: Suri or RENESMEE

-------------
You can follow me http://www.twitter.com/@Vits_Chile - @Vits_Chile

Posted By: GTAHater767
Date Posted: November 07 2012 at 2:14pm
Where does the name Suri come from?  

RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: Sorry, I just assumed everyone on this Forum would recognize "Suri" as the name of the daughter of Katie Holmes and Tom Cruise...who actually does resemble the child actress in TWILIGHT SBD #2... 

ADD'L FYI: GTAHater just posted a MEMBER-STARTED POLL asking about this film's chances of actually "winning" Worst Picture -- Here's the http://www.razzies.com/forum/memberstarted-poll-can-tsbd2-win-worst-picture_topic6023.html - 009, #11), I know HeadRAZZ is probably planning to plaster it all across the ballot. The only reason I think this'll win Worst Picture, besides being flagged as the RAZZIE Front Runner of 2012, this is the last call to RAZZ a Twilight film, and if we pass it up, it'll be gone forever. I'm praying to God and Science this gets less than 25% approval rating and less than 30% Metascore. Knowing how much even most Twilight fanatics hated the Breaking Dawn book, I can't imagine why it would get exonerated in the reviews. Too bad I have to wait another 1 to 1 1/2 weeks for the reviews to finally come in. Could a film with this much hype having no reviews with just 9 days left until release mean it hasn't been and won't be pre-screened for critics? Whatever the case may be, I'll never forget Robert Pattinson in his role as Cedric Diggory, let alone how he admitted he missed playing that role in The Prisoner of Azkaban (Top 40 Films of 2004, #14) and The Goblet of Fire (Top 40 Films of 2005, #18). By the way, I think he'd be a little more charming if he were Eastern European like his appearance would suggest to me if I weren't familiar with him.

-------------

Date Posted: November 07 2012 at 3:16pm
My prediction is that this will win == if it's the worst of the saga. If not, then I'd say it's a toss-up between this and BATTLESHIP. 

That's what I think will happen, not necessarily what I want to happen. I think it would be more fun if there was not an obvious "winner" before envelopes are opened.

-------------

Posted By: oiram
Date Posted: November 07 2012 at 3:32pm
My hope is that this ties with Battleship -- That would make me very satisfied!  

-------------
Elizabeth Hartman and Judith Barsi are more talented and beautiful than Scarlett Johansson and Chloe Grace Moretz. Fact.

Worst Supporting Actor: Brendan Fraser/Gimme Shelter and The Nut Job

Posted By: saturnwatcher
Date Posted: November 07 2012 at 4:04pm
I think there are so many worthy contenders this year that we shouldn't really even have this on our radar until we get some sense of whether or not it deserves our attention. The last one, which was the worst of the group,was decidedly bad -- but not, in my opinion, really worthy of serious Razzie attention. My guess here is that this one will fall in that same category.

-------------
Nine times out of ten, in art as in life, there is no truth to be discovered, only an error to be exposed.--H.L. Menken

Posted By: MiguelAntilsu
Date Posted: November 09 2012 at 6:50am
This film should get a number of Razzie Awards for a number of reasons: 

1. It's only gimmicks are that it's based on a novel and it has gratuitous "fan-service."

2. The story butchers vampire and werewolf lore (and basic physics).

3. The whole series plays out like a bad soap opera. 

4. This saga's influence has spawned imitators (most of which are pretty bad). 

5. Moviegoers have been enraged by these movies since the first one stole awards from "The Dark Knight".

Also, this film is likely to be on Peter Travers's list of the Top 10 Worst Movies of 2012.  If it's No. 1, then that may seal its Razzie fate.  

This is the only chance we have left to punish this series for all the bad it's done to the film industry.

-------------

Posted By: JoeBacon
Date Posted: November 10 2012 at 6:44am
I've gotta second what Miguel posted. This tacky tetralogy must be trashed.

-------------
2014 Pic: LEGEND OF HERCULES! Actor: Aaron Echkardt, Director: Renny Harlin, Remake: Transcendence

Posted By: mbh
Date Posted: November 10 2012 at 11:25am
Originally posted by GTAHater767

Where does the name Suri come from?  

I wanted to know that too, rumor has it it's a tribute to L. Ron Hubbard, who has some kind of connections to Surrey, England.

Originally posted by MiguelAntilsu

Also, this film is likely to be on Peter Travers's list of the Top 10 Worst Movies of 2012.  If it's No. 1, then that may seal its Razzie fate.  

This is the only chance we have left to punish this series for all the bad it's done to the film industry.

I third that. And you are spot on with the imitation problem. I know Oiram mentioned it before and maybe some here knew already, but I just recently learned what retarded crap Fifty Shades of Grey is, and that it was written by a Twilight fan as fan fiction.

Date Posted: November 10 2012 at 11:37am
To HeadRAZZ: Well, I didn't recognize Suri because despite the name sounding remotely familiar, I'd forgotten about it over and over again because I didn't read the tabloids back in 2005. I was preoccupied with whether the Wii (back then known as the Nintendo Revolution) would launch in early-middle 2006 or practically 2007.

To Antilsu: I partially agree. It had spawned all those imitators, including a film that tried to mix the Twilight Saga with Beauty and the Beast. #40 on the Bottom 40 Films of 2011, Beastly, begged us to question whether being the next Twilight was really a good thing when Vits gave it the unofficial forum. The thing is, I think the vampire film fad has wound down since the winter of 2011.

I know little about soap operae, so I can't compare the Twilight Saga to a bad one. But I will say all the previous 3 Twilight films have shown up progressively deeper on the Bottom 40 lists. New Moon was #11 on the Bottom 40 Films of 2009. Eclipse was tied with The Nutcracker 3D for #5 on the Bottom 40 Films of 2010 because we all needed the extra attention that declaring it among the worst films ever made would give us. As for Breaking Dawn Part 1, it was #4 on the Bottom 40 Films of 2011.

Before I forget about the fan service, does anyone know if a film adaptation of Fifty Shades of Grey is in the works?

Most of all, how do I explain to post-Y2K babies that Nosferatu was an evil vampire who preyed on whoever let their guard down?

But the point we can't agree on is the award ceremonies. I wish EVERYONE here would just shut up about the MTV movie awards except in the case of discrediting the Worst Couple category!

-------------

Date Posted: November 10 2012 at 1:28pm
Yes, and I've heard Ryan Gosling is being considered for the main male role. I really hope he doesn't accept, because he is so much better than that.

Originally posted by GTAHater767

Before I forget about the fan service, does anyone know if a film adaptation of Fifty Shades of Grey is in the works?

-------------
Elizabeth Hartman and Judith Barsi are more talented and beautiful than Scarlett Johansson and Chloe Grace Moretz. Fact.

Posted By: SchumacherH8ter
Date Posted: November 10 2012 at 4:43pm
Gosling has too much integrity to star in 50 Shades Of Grey.  

As for Suri, Tom Cruise grew up near my parents, at around the same time. According to my mom, there was an elephant at the zoo then named Suri -- I don't know if that has anything to with her being given that name, but thought that I'd throw that little tidbit out.

-------------
I'm the Goddamn Batman.-All-Star Batman And Robin #2
https://twitter.com/Scott_DAgostino
Upcoming reviews: http://www.razzies.com/forum/topic7513.html

Date Posted: November 12 2012 at 8:39am
Anybody know how big the buzz is out there for this? I have come across opening predictions as high as $146 million.   

As of right now, I have yet to hear anyone speak about it, and I don't know anybody who is excited to see this. Not one word on the movie blogs I visit. All I have seen are those boring posters everywhere, which put me to sleep...

RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: Like each of the TWILIGHT movies to date (B.O. MoJo http://www.boxofficemojo.com/franchises/chart/?id=twilight.htm - ) this is likely to have a huge opening weekend (I'd predict north of $135 million). And this being the final film of the franchise ought to further boost its prospects. Essentially, it's all but guaranteed to wind up among 2012's biggest grossers -- likely in the top 5, certainly among the top 10 ( http://www.boxofficemojo.com/yearly/chart/?yr=2012&view=releasedate&view2=domestic&sort=gross&order=DESC&&p=.htm - : B.O. MoJo 2012 Chart).  In other words, the converted will flock to see it, while folks like us will mercilessly mock them for falling for this trip yet again...   

-------------

Posted By: MR
Date Posted: November 12 2012 at 10:05am
Out of curiosity, are the movie blogs that you visit more "male-oriented"? Twilight is one of the first franchises to ever appeal almost exclusively to females -- so it's not going to get much reception from blogs where lots of males are posting.

-------------

Date Posted: November 12 2012 at 10:11am
Not necessarily "male-oriented" -- but definitely more quality-oriented.

-------------

Posted By: jesse685
Date Posted: November 12 2012 at 1:35pm
At least most males will have fun this week doing something better: playing Black Ops 2.

-------------
"If you can't make it good, make it 3D!" Peter Travers, Rolling Stone
F**k Yeah/WTF Were They Thinking Awards Results Live-Tweet @jesse685

Date Posted: November 12 2012 at 1:42pm
Or- Oh snap, I almost mentioned "that thing" but I stopped myself.

Originally posted by jesse685

At least most males will have fun this week doing something better: playing Black Ops 2.

-------------

Date Posted: November 13 2012 at 3:24pm
It's down to 3 days until release, and now the critics are starting to get their first look at it. I could hardly believe my eyes when I saw that ALL SIX of the first 6 reviews at Rotten T were Fresh. More than half of them are male, and they're all saying that it's WAAAY better than the previous 4 Twilight films, and that this is an explosive, breathtaking finale to the series. If they're THAT glowing about it, who's to say that Worst Picture hasn't just been handed to Battleship? If the other 600-700 RAZZIE voting members were to see it, and agree with those opinions, it would also hand a Worst Picture nomination over to One For the Money to go along with The Devil Inside, A Thousand Words, and That's My Boy!

-------------

Date Posted: November 13 2012 at 3:49pm
OH sh*t! Somebody screencap that. Breaking Dawn 2 at 100%. LOL

Date Posted: November 13 2012 at 4:05pm
Originally posted by mbh

OH sh*t! Somebody screencap that. Breaking Dawn 2 at 100%. LOL

Quick! How do you do a screenshot on a computer?!

-------------

Posted By: Grounder the Critic
Date Posted: November 13 2012 at 4:32pm
I'm screencappin' it now!

-------------
Pictures move, do they?

Posted By: Grounder the Critic
Date Posted: November 13 2012 at 4:37pm

Added a text with MS Paint with the screencap.

-------------
Pictures move, do they?

Date Posted: November 13 2012 at 4:54pm
Now seven. Man.

-------------

Date Posted: November 13 2012 at 4:55pm
Oh f**k, this is hilarious!

Posted By: Gregory
Date Posted: November 13 2012 at 4:56pm
100% fresh!?!? -- This is a joke, right? Right???

Date Posted: November 13 2012 at 5:00pm
I read the reviews. Some say things like "It's going to satisfy the fans" and "It's good for what it is". But there are others that are truly positive. Who knows.

-------------

Date Posted: November 13 2012 at 5:03pm
I was about to say the same thing. I need to wait for Peter Travers' review. He's been spot on lately.

Date Posted: November 13 2012 at 5:55pm
Oh wow. Just unbelievable. They must've obviously paid them to say good things about it. Like mbh mentioned, I'll wait for Travers' review.

-------------

Date Posted: November 14 2012 at 2:49pm
Actually, some of the critics that like this freely admit that they hated the previous 4. And some of the more respectable (and by that I mean they would never get paid by studios) critics are also praising TSBD2, saying that it's good because it's different from the book. Yes, I can see why that would be a good thing! Unfortunately, it may also mean that the box office results will be different, because God forbid you ever change a tiny detail and upset the "Twi-Hards".

-------------

Date Posted: November 15 2012 at 12:00pm
Now I can't decide if Breaking Dawn Part 2 is off the table for the RAZZIES? 30-40 reviews flooded in overnight, but they was only enough to drive the approval rating down to a still "fresh" 63 percent. The mean review average is down to 56% on Metacritic, and because the majority of reviews there are in the yellow, I conclude most of the reviews from this morning are average. I'm hoping for our sake that the reviews will dip under 45% approval, meaning "average" -- that way, this won't be considered better than The Three Stooges. But perhaps the most important thing is that this hasn't dipped under numbers for The Twilight Saga: Eclipse yet, so it would be a really bad idea to put this on the ballot for Worst Picture at this time. Of course, unlike Eclipse, which had no negative reviews on Metacritic and equally as many good as average reviews, Breaking Dawn 2 already has 2 negative reviews and a few more average than good, so this'll most likely sink below Eclipse's level by the end of the weekend (November 19).

-------------

Date Posted: November 15 2012 at 3:52pm
This has entered the "rotten" zone. It's gotten 60 less reviews than the first Breaking Dawn, so there's stil potential for it to fall even further.

-------------

Date Posted: November 15 2012 at 4:29pm
R.T. (50-60%): "It might be the most enjoyable chapter in the saga, but that won't be enough to make it worth watching for filmgoers who don't already count themselves among the franchise's converts".

http://rogerebert.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20121114/REVIEWS/121119986 -

Date Posted: November 15 2012 at 4:29pm
I know this isn't technically a review, but it's funny enough.

[TUBE]sWVuVt3j7Ro[/TUBE]

-------------

Posted By: Dun-Ida
Date Posted: November 15 2012 at 6:24pm
Recently watched this movie to see if it is Razzie worthy. It is! Here's my list of categories for which this movie should be nominated: 

Worst Picture: I'm not convinced this is any better than the four previous movies. This movie's various features are just as bad as those other Twilight flicks. 

Worst Actor, Robert Pattinson: He still gives a wooden performance. This combined with his unconvincing acting in Bel Ami makes him eligible for nomination. 

Worst Actress, Kristen Stewart: Her alleged acting is still expressionless, even when she's "angry". When this is combined with her lead performance in Snow White and the Huntsman, she should be on everyone's shortlist of nominees. 

Worst Supporting Actor, Taylor Lautner: Having muscles doesn't hide his pedestrian performance. 

Worst Prequel, Remake, Rip-off or Sequel: This is a no-brainer since it's also eligible for Worst Picture. 

Worst Screenplay, Melissa Roserberg: The script is just as stupid as in the previous movies. It's stupid because I was laughing AT the dialogue. 

Worst Screen Couple: 
Robert Pattinson and Kristen Stewart. They're eligible because of their combined bad acting. 
Taylor Lautner and Mackenzie Foy are also eligible. Really? An adult is "soulmates" with a little girl? Yuck! 

Worst Screen Ensemble: This is also a no-brainer. Bad acting combined with bad couples makes the cast eligible for this award.  

-------------
Directed by Michael Bay and M. Night Shyamalan comes...a movie guaranteed to win Razzies!

Date Posted: November 15 2012 at 10:40pm
Now we're talking! It would be great if "The EPIC Finale" fell below the rating of Eclipse.

Originally posted by SchumacherH8ter

This has entered the "rotten" zone. It's gotten 60 less reviews than the first Breaking Dawn, so there's stil potential for it to fall even further.

Posted By: MiguelAntilsu
Date Posted: November 16 2012 at 8:11am
Here's Peter Travers's review for "The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn Part 2":
http://www.rollingstone.com/movies/reviews/the-twilight-saga-breaking-dawn-part-2-20121115 - http://www.rollingstone.com/movies/reviews/the-twilight-saga-breaking-dawn-part-2-20121115

Date Posted: November 16 2012 at 9:00am
What the Flick / Young Turks review...  

[TUBE]Og-bh9NfjKY[/TUBE] 

Originally posted by Dun-Ida

Here's my list of categories for which this movie should be nominated

What about Ashley Greene, who was also in THE APPARITION?

-------------

Date Posted: November 16 2012 at 9:27am
Well, that review wasn't helpful. I think I'm going to have a simular reaction to Matt.
I'm equally unsatisfied with Travers' review, even if it's rotten. He might be right, people are so happy that it's finally over that they don't see how bad it really is.
Good thing is, sounds like Dun-Ida is right, Lautner and the little girl could go up for Worst Couple.

EDIT: This review me likey. Makes me almost want to watch it. 2/10
http://www.joblo.com/movie-news/review-breaking-dawn-part-2 - http://www.joblo.com/movie-news/review-breaking-dawn-part-2

EDIT II: And for fun...
[TUBE]RwnnCY76akI[/TUBE]

Date Posted: November 16 2012 at 10:29am
[TUBE]PNGVeY5DoG8[/TUBE]  

RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: My favorite line in this review? "The most entertainingly campy movie of the year!" Sure sounds to me like it's "One of Ours"!!  

-------------

Date Posted: November 16 2012 at 11:34am
Hey, Vits -- Thanks! I just watched that "Elders Respond" video yesterday... 

-------------

Date Posted: November 16 2012 at 1:35pm
Well, I'm off to see this now. Pray for me! 

-------------

Date Posted: November 16 2012 at 2:35pm
[TUBE]w3i-QmgqGq0[/TUBE]  

RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: Jeremy Jahns is one of my Berry Favorite 
You Tube-Based Film Crix -- and this is certainly one of his funniest reviews! 

-------------

Date Posted: November 16 2012 at 5:27pm
Well, I'm back and it was... not completely horrible. It's still crap, but it's not unwatchable like the other ones. It has what is easily the best scene in all of the Twilight films. It's very awesome and not just "awesome compared to the rest of the movie", I mean actually awesome! Here's the scene that's so great: the final battle. It's a f*cking blood bath. Several "important" characters like Carlisle and Jasper get beheaded. Seth (that annoying werewolf that Jacob hangs out with) gets his neck broken and Leah (the Meg Griffin of the werewolves) falls down a chasm. The Volturi get the worst of it though. Almost every Volturi gets beheaded, with one getting his upper jaw ripped off. Dakota Fanning gets eaten alive by a wolf. And Aro is beheaded and set on fire. Sure the film sh*ts itself afterwards by revealing that it was just a vision from Alice, but still.

The acting is still crap, with only Michael Sheen coming out unscathed. Bill Condon's direction is great, something I thought I'd never say about a Twilight film.

For your consideration:

Worst Actress: Kristen Stewart (also for SWATH)
Worst Supporting Actor: Taylor Lautner
Worst Supporting Actress: Maggie Grace (also for Lockout and Taken 2)
Worst Screen Couple (if we keep it): Taylor Lautner and Mackenzie Foy

That being said, I wouldn't mind if this got any other nominations (except for Condon and Sheen). I'm not sure if HeadRazz would consider Lautner lead or supporting and I won't mind if he's placed in the lead category.

Grade: C+

-------------

Date Posted: November 17 2012 at 12:47pm
[TUBE]PdFg3mwcH3M[/TUBE]

-------------

Date Posted: November 17 2012 at 2:00pm
Dang, Head Razz! I didn't know you went around watching YouTube personalities!  

Would you ever consider asking him to make a guest appearance in the Razzie ceremony?  

Originally posted by HeadRAZZberry

RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: Jeremy Jahns is one of my Berry Favorite 
You Tube-Based Film Crix -- and this is certainly one of his funniest reviews!

-------------

Date Posted: November 17 2012 at 5:14pm
HeadRAZZ doesn't necessarily watch him, since I'm the one who posts his videos here. 

But yeah, it would be cool to see him in our ceremony. 

Originally posted by oiram

Dang, Head Razz! I didn't know you went around watching YouTube personalities!  
 Would you ever consider asking him to make a guest appearance in the Razzie ceremony?

-------------

Date Posted: November 19 2012 at 8:58am
I've seen it. So... it has an AUSTRIAN ALBINO in it.  

Also, it's true what they say. It is not as bad as the other ones, and the movie itself is not as bad as I hoped it would be. The worst thing are the CGI wolves, and the story about the guy who is waiting for the child to grow up, so he can f**k her.  

Interesting thing is, from the example of a not naturally talented actress like Kristen Stewart, we can see who is a good director and who is a bad director. They put a ton of make up on her to make her look a little prettier, and I'll bet she also was told to smile more often. That goes to Condon's credit. Stewart still spends two thirds of the movie with her mouth open, but she was better here than as directed by Sanders in Snow White (even though she made that movie afterwards) Vits: You might be right with your theory after all!  

Pattinson bothered me twice, but he did make Cosmopolis afterwards. Lautner sealed the deal with his facial expression when he says "creepy" and gives that ass-f**ked laugh afterwards.

The "best actor" here is Christopher Hayerdahl. His screen presence (only one minute) and his reading of the one word of "Finally!" was more impressive than anyone else's performance.

Not having read the book, I had a few problems with the flow of the story, i.e. in one shot Bella has red eyes, then they are immediately golden.

And of course the logic is completely missing, since Bella is supposed to be a raging Newborn, but manages to run away from human blood, and presses her face into Charlie's neck but nothing happens.

For me, this doesn't beat The Devil Inside in the Worst Picture competition.  

FYC: 
Taylor Lautner for Worst Actor (Breaking Dawn Part 2) 

Kristen Stewart for Worst Actress (Snow White and the Huntsman), but not necessarily for BD2  

Taylor Lautner and Mackenzie Foy for Worst Couple (Breaking Dawn Part 2). 

This is the ultimate DAFUQDIDTHEYREALLYCOMEUPWITHTHISSICKsh*tMYEYES situation.

-------------

Date Posted: November 19 2012 at 3:03pm
http://movieswithmitch.squarespace.com/reviews/2012/11/19/the-twilight-saga-breaking-dawn-part-two.html -

Date Posted: November 21 2012 at 11:27am

Here's Peter Travers's review for "The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn Part 2":
http://www.rollingstone.com/movies/reviews/the-twilight-saga-breaking-dawn-part-2-20121115 - http://www.rollingstone.com/movies/reviews/the-twilight-saga-breaking-dawn-part-2-20121115

[TUBE]EKgpBc-smro[/TUBE]

-------------

Posted By: Dun-Ida
Date Posted: November 25 2012 at 5:32am
This movie has tumbled even deeper into the "Rotten" zone. The Rotten Tomatoes rating has now gone down to...46%!  

-------------
Directed by Michael Bay and M. Night Shyamalan comes...a movie guaranteed to win Razzies!

Date Posted: December 06 2012 at 1:57pm
Just saw this. For your consideration: Worst Actor for both Robert Pattinson and Taylor Lautner (or is he supporting?), Actress for Kristen Stewart (also for SN&TH), Supp. Actress for Maggie Grace (also for TAKEN PART 2), and Worst Screen Couple for Lautner & Mackenzie Foy. But not Worst Picture.

I'll research on the book changes to see if it deserves to be up for Worst Screenplay and/or Worst Remake/Sequel.

-------------

Date Posted: December 07 2012 at 8:09am

This film should get a number of Razzie Awards for a number of reasons: 
None of which are legitimate, even as much as it pains me to come to the defense of this series. But let's get specific:

1. It's only gimmicks are that it's based on a novel and it has gratuitous "fan-service."

Much the same could be said of the Lord of the Rings series. Personally, I find both the LTR books and the movies to be unbearably tedious and I am not alone. There are a lot of film series that are directed to very specific fan bases.
Vampire and werewolf lore isn't nearly as uniform as Miguels would have us believe here. Most of what we, as Americans, think of as vampire and werewolf lore is the product of reasonably recent suggestions by contemporary literature and films.  A study of the subject will reveal that there is a rich tapestry of cultural variations on the lore. As for butchery of basic physics, the same charge could be very legitimately leveled at Star Trek, Star Wars and almost every sci-fi film ever made. In any sci-fi or fantasy film, a degree of suspension of disbelief is required.

Simiar accusations could be legitimately leveled at Star Wars and Lord of the Rings with an healthy dose of pretense slipped in.
Anything that gets done in Hollywood that yields a net profit over a buck and a quarter is going to spawn imitators, mostly bad.
5. Moviegoers have been enraged by these movies since the first one stole awards from "The Dark Knight".
Miguel, Miguel, Miguel. Drop the "s" from "moviegoers" there and you have a legitimate statement. The only awards this movie ever "stole" from The Dark Knight were crap awards like The MTV Awards that nobody but you gives a flying flip about. Nobody is enraged because 20 teenage girls (the base of the MTV Award voting block) picked one of these films over The Dark Knight.

It might make his top 10, although I wouldn't be particularly surprised if it doesn't given the competition this year. I'll bet you a 1 followed by a lot of zeros that it doesn't make his #1.

I didn't care for any of the previous films in this series and I wouldn't have even watched them had they not been nominees. But none of them were Razzie worthy and I doubt this one is either, based on the buzz. If we permit this series to slip into the cinematic obscurity for which it is destined, nobody will be any worse off for it. I don't think it has done particular harm to the film industry. In fact, I think an argument can be made that it is one of the few film series that has appealed to a specific demographic that Hollywood has typically ignored.

-------------
Nine times out of ten, in art as in life, there is no truth to be discovered, only an error to be exposed.--H.L. Menken

Date Posted: December 07 2012 at 5:50pm
They added the final battle, which is literally one of the best I've seen in years. No, really! But they also added the twist that the battle never really happened, which completely ruined the movie for me. So whether this gets nominated or not for Worst Screenplay or Worst Remake/Sequel, it's fine by me. But not Worst Picture.
Originally posted by Vits

I'll research on the book changes to see if it deserves to be up for Worst Screenplay and/or WorstRemake/Sequel.
He won't, because his rating was just average. I admit I found it strange when he still put it in his list of the worst of the month, but that's maybe because there weren't that many bad movies in November. And even if he changed his mind and thought it was bad, he still listed it as #2, after RED DAWN. So it just can't be his #1 worst of the year. 
Originally posted by saturnwatcher

It might make his top 10, although I wouldn't be particularly surprised if it doesn't given the competition this year. I'll bet you a 1 followed by a lot of zeros that it doesn't make his #1.

-------------

Date Posted: December 07 2012 at 8:55pm
Saturnwatcher: There's no chance of it making #1 on Travers' list, it was kinda half-creeping out of the Scum Bucket.

-------------

Date Posted: December 08 2012 at 8:23am
I want to take a moment to realistically examine Miguel's charge that these films have done some sort of "harm" to the film industry. As I noted above, these films have brought a demographic into the theaters that Hollywood hasn't paid much attention to in the past, and it has apparently been worth the effort. The domestic grosses for this film series to date is approaching $1.2 billion and the international take is in the neighborhood of $3 billion. Match that with another $3 billion in rentals and merchandising (conservatively) and you have a $6 billion franchise. If that is "harm" to the industry, I think every studio out there is hoping that similar hard times befall them in the near future.

-------------

Date Posted: December 08 2012 at 9:56am
In this video, the WHAT THE FLICK critics talk about the harm the saga has caused. But you'll notice they're mostly talking about this unique case, which means Saturn is probably more right than Miguel.

[TUBE]weN-5hFQmTM[/TUBE]

-------------

Date Posted: December 08 2012 at 2:38pm
Of course every studio dreams of pulling a Twilight, without investing money, time or effort into production, yet having chicks throw their last dime at them -- as long as the movie fulfills their unsatisfied needs. 

This f**king franchise has done harm to the psyche of its fans, to many of the actors who starred in it, and to legions of males who were dragged/ forced to see these pieces of sh*t. 

Good thing is, the human race kind of lives in the moment, so apart from lists comparing franchise totals, Twilight's existence will be forgotten rather quickly...until they "reboot" it.

-------------

Date Posted: December 09 2012 at 7:02pm
Whoooa NELLIE! Did people spend a lot of money to see these movies? Yes. Did people spend a lot of money to see the Star Wars movies...yes, proportionately even more so. AND...there were folks that started camping out in front of theaters at the mere rumor the next Star Wars flick was going into production. Did anyone ever seriously accuse the Star Wars franchise of damaging anyone's psyche? Did anyone ever level charges of abuse at the males who forced their girlfriends to see those films? I am no fan of of the Twilight series, but the criticisms that get tossed at them are so wildly out of place that a bit of turnabout has to be fair play here. I wish they were Razzie-worthy, but IMHO, we have much bigger fish to fry!

-------------

Date Posted: December 09 2012 at 11:47pm
Saturnwatcher, I had written a rather lengthy argument (without exaggerations) about negative repercussions which Twilight brought to people involved -- e.g Robert Pattinson having a hard time being accepted as a real actor. Also, about parallels to Fifty Shades of Grey, the fanbase and the difference to the average moviegoer. But I just realized, if by now you still think of legitimate reasons for criticism as just criticism being tossed around for the sake of criticism, so be it. You're not going to change your mind, just like I won't change mine. 

The Twilight series is over now, and I don't think this last one has a realistic shot at Worst Picture, anyway.  

And in terms of stupid plot twists, Star Wars has nothing on Twilight!  

-------------

Date Posted: December 10 2012 at 7:48am
I simply see a double standard that has been applied to these movies, largely because I think they are aimed at a fan base that is a rather easy target. We've discussed all of these movies as potential Razzies movies. Granted that none of them were very good, but all of them got critical scores well above what we would usually even consider.

-------------

Posted By: HeadRAZZBerry
Date Posted: December 10 2012 at 8:55am
RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: This back-and-forth comparing and analogizing STAR WARS and the TWILIGHT movies is berry interesting, but I think, rather specious. The original STAR WARS trilogy was both ground-breaking and technologically innovative. Even if one were unimpressed with the dramatic elements of the original STAR WARS films, one could not deny their impact on American culture and the movie industry in particular.  

The same can hardly be said for TWILIGHT (either the novels or the movie adaptations). Other than Stephanie Meyers' continual dicking around with basic elements of both vampire and werewolf lore (for the sake of the plot, both creatures can now hang out in broad daylight?) there is little original, ground-breaking, or worthy of praise in any of this material. It basically takes the core elements of Teen-Aged Angst Novels and does a mash-up of them with monster legends to create a bogus dilemma (should Bella marry the werewolf or the vampire?) unworthy of discussion or devotion from anyone other than pre-pubescent girls. 

While this final TWILIGHT movie may not wind up among this year's Worst Picture nominees, my opinion of the entire franchise falls closer to that of MigulAntilsu than that of Saturnwatcher and other Forum members attempting to make a comparison to STAR WARS. While it may make for interesting reading, I find the basic premise of  comparing STAR WARS and TWILIGHT to be a bit of a stretch... 

-------------
Ye Olde Head RAZZberry

Date Posted: December 10 2012 at 10:29am
Actually, there have been many discussions on this Forum about how fans and "fan-bases" can take things too far. I think it has more to do with the fans' actions than the movies. Our users make more fun of TWI-HARDS than of WAR-SIES because it seems more justifiable to camp outside a cinema to see a new STAR WARS movie (because at least some of them have proven to be good). However, fanaticism is bad in general. Even if the movie turns out to be good, if you set your expectations too high, you'll wind up thinking it's good, no matter what...and that's not fair.

-------------

Posted By: Vheid
Date Posted: December 11 2012 at 12:58pm
To be fair, the entire idea that sunlight is deadly to vampires was made up in the first/silent Nosferatu movie (for the sake of the plot)....  

Originally posted by HeadRAZZBerry

Other than Stephanie Meyers' continual dicking around with basic elements of both vampire and werewolf lore (for the sake of the plot, both creatures can now hang out in broad daylight?) there is little original, ground-breaking, or worthy of praise in any of this material.

-------------

Date Posted: December 12 2012 at 5:01am
In the Bram Stoker's Dracula (the novel, not the movie), he could walk around in daylight, but it restricted his power.

-------------

Date Posted: December 12 2012 at 7:53am
I wouldn't necessarily disagree with objections to comparisons of the Twilight movies to Star Wars if we limited the discussion to the first 3, but the last 3 were garbage, not significantly better than these movies. Even the first three Star Wars suffered many of the same plot deficiencies. I use that analogy not as a comparison between the overall quality of the films (which would be a stretch) but rather because many of the exact same criticisms can be leveled at both franchises but, for some reason, almost never are.
 As for HeadRAZZ's charge of the author "dicking around with basic elements of both vampire and werewolf lore," as previously noted, there are simply too many radically divergent cultural variations to pretend that the matter is set in stone. In fact, some of the variations that have been used in this series have also been utilized in previous American films. 

Make no mistake on my stand here: I think these films are basically crap. However, I have a disturbing suspicion that if the primary audience for these films was teenage boys rather than teenage girls, we might not be treating them with the same derision.  

-------------

Date Posted: December 12 2012 at 11:15am
That's because, no matter the franchise, fan boys don't cry when their favorite movies are over...They do scream when there's an announcement of any kind, but they aren't shrill.

And I stand by what I said before: Although HARRY POTTER and THE HUNGER GAMES are good movies, their fans can be just as annoying! 

-------------

Posted By: cvcjr13
Date Posted: December 30 2012 at 7:40pm
Everybody is voting for this one, right?  Just checking. . . .

Date Posted: December 30 2012 at 9:48pm
Not me! I did my best to vote AGAINST The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn Part 2 AND John Carter. Every year someone or other hypes the wrong film(s) for RAZZIE nominations -- and once the reviews prove that one of our prime targets is not that bad, people like me have to worry about throwing our votes away. That's why most of my nominations went to other, far worse films that had the best odds of beating Carter and Twilight 5 to the finals, such as Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance, A Thousand Words, That's My Boy, and One For the Money, with an occasional vote for Battleship. I only cast 2 or 3 votes (out of a possible 50) for Underworld: Awakening, Resident Evil: Retribution, Silent Hill Revelation 3D, and Gone because I didn't want to put too much wager on things that had less of a chance. 

Though the situation isn't quite as dire as Rambo IV back in 2008, I won't be happy if I fail in my efforts...  

-------------

Posted By: cvcjr13
Date Posted: December 30 2012 at 10:17pm
I agree with you on John Carter, but don't you feel as a whole that the entire series of Twilight movies has to be one of the worst franchises in movie history?  I mean, sparkly vampires and beefcake werewolves played by actors who can't act, with special effects that are more botched than special - gimme a break!  

-------------

Date Posted: January 13 2013 at 9:55am
My comments:

[TUBE]BE0n00x5Q8M[/TUBE]

Any thoughts?

-------------

Date Posted: November 05 2013 at 9:04am
Remember how awful the CGI for Renesmee was? http://www.uproxx.com/gammasquad/2013/11/animatronic-baby-twilight-breaking-dawn/ - Now I'm suddenly grateful for it.

-------------

Date Posted: September 02 2014 at 12:05pm
I can't count all the principles on which Breaking Dawn Part 2 swept up as many RAZZIES as Battlefield Earth, and more RAZZIES than Freddy Got Fingered, Swept Away, Gigli, CatwomanDirty Love, The Love Guru, and The Last Airbender despite that it was not nearly as ill-reputed, and got a C from critics, in contrast to those other RAZZIE winners which were universally panned. I just want to see how many explanations for this blatant paradox I can come up with:

*It was our last chance to give the franchise multiple RAZZIES in one year before it would be gone forever.

*The idea that it had the best entertainment value of the 5 films didn't matter because what little entertainment value Breaking Dawn Part 2 was still negligible.

*The fact that, statistically speaking, the worst one was Breaking Dawn Part 1 didn't matter because that wasn't the final installment, and was going up against stiffer competition in the Worst of 2011 RAZZIES.

*We needed to get back at Kristen Stewart because she nearly always looked like she was out of it

*The Twilight Saga has no staying power. Billions were invested in and made from the franchise, tween girls gave it so much hype, and the media gave it so much attention, and yet nobody will remember the franchise come New Decade's Day on January 1, 2020... except for me, because I've given all of them except the first one lifelong infamy as one each of the Bottom 40 Films of '009, '010, '011, and '012.

*This could be one of those rare instances where the critics lied about the film when they gave it a C instead of an F.

*The pedo-erotic scene between the wolf-man and the little girl!!!

Hmmm. Only 7 reasons. As long as a film has even half of that going against it, it doesn't need less than a C from critics to be the #1 worst film of the year on a matter of principle. Some people say that when I voted for A Thousand Words for Worst Picture, I was throwing my vote away. It's said that the only thing that could've beaten Breaking Dawn Part 2 for Worst Picture was That's My Boy, and on top of That's My Boy not getting a 0% at Rotten Tomatoes like A Thousand Words, it didn't occur to me to give Adam Sandler Worst Picture twice, let alone two years in a row, and Jack and Jill was much worse than That's My Boy.

But the only thing more important was that the Worst of 2013 RAZZIES made up for it to an extent because the #1 worst film of '013, Movie 43, actually earned that title instead of getting handed the Worst Picture trophy automatically on principle and name recognition.

-------------

Posted By: JacobD
Date Posted: September 03 2014 at 12:22am
I personally think that you really did throw away your vote on A Thousand Words. Did you even read the Individual reviews?!

I am 100% convinced the Razzies had it backwards and that they gave Worst Picture to the Twilight movie (Breaking Dawn: Part 2) when it should have been the Sandler movie (That's My Boy, f**k man, even Adam Sandler's own grandma wouldn't watch it), and gave it to the Sandler movie (Jack and Jill) when it should have been Twilight (Breaking Dawn: Part 1) which eye-and-possibly-even-SOUL-RAPED ME and which I personally would argue is the single WORST MOVIE OF ALL TIME, LET ALONE WORST OF 2011!!!!!!!!

You look at offensiveness, subject matter, and everything as a whole, Jack and Jill (and admittedly even the bland and instantly forgettable crapfest A Thousand Words) was freaking Happy Gilmore compared to That's My Boy. Jack and Jill, had what I thought were some genuinely funny things (like Twilight: Eclipse, it is a total guilty pleasure for me) like some of the pop culture references (Its A Wonderful Life and Star Wars at that Dinner Table scene or to Al Pacino's previous movies and only having 1 Oscar) or just watching a legend like Scarface/Michael from The Godfather utterly humiliate himself in a self-referential, hammy performance that's one of my personal favorites of his. Don't get me wrong, I don't think its great or anything, but we all have our own opinions, and what's a guilty pleasure anyway without the actual GUILT that comes w/ the PLEASURE??!?!!

And Movie 43 was by no means a worse film than Grown Ups 2 (the true worst of the year as far as I'm convinced) or After Earth. In a perfect world I believe M. Night Shyamalan would have become the first director to win 3 razzies in that category. Ah, what could have been. "sigh"

Date Posted: September 03 2014 at 12:32am
I also don't believe critics were deceitful in this circumstance. I just think a lot of people (critics obviously included) hated Twilight and wanted it to burn in flames no matter what and others might have simply thought the individual movie wasn't all that bad.

I don't know, I don't blindly trust the Tomato meter's score on everything, that would be ignorant of me. "Professional Critics" may be fun to read at times, but I'm not blindly loyal to them otherwise I would miss out on a lot of really fun movies, like Armageddon or G.I. Joe: Retaliation for example!!! Both really fun examples of "popcorn" entertainment that MOST critics will inevitably hate yet audiences and myself will inevitably love.

Date Posted: September 03 2014 at 12:37am
P.S. I understand we all have our tastes and if you feel critics always do great at steering you towards whatever movies you enjoy, then I'm not one to judge.

And I know individual reviews were overwhelmingly negative towards A Thousand Words, its just that sometimes you give off the impression all you do is look at the score without even bothering to check out the individual reviews from the critics themselves.

Date Posted: September 03 2014 at 6:15pm
The TomatoMeter score is a non-100% accurate summed up version of the review. That's why, whenever it really matters, individual reviews are the ones that count.

-------------

Print Page | Close Window