Print Page | Close Window

THE HAUNTING in CONNECTICUT 2: GHOSTS of GEORGIA

Printed From: Official RAZZIE® Forum
Category: DISCUSSIONS & INFO on 2013 RAZZIE® TITLES
Forum Name: MEMBER-STARTED FORUMS on 2013 TITLES
Forum Discription: Discussions of 2013 Movies Our Members Wanted to Be Sure We Didn't Over-Look...
URL: http://www.razzies.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=6080
Printed Date: September 02 2014 at 2:28am

Topic: THE HAUNTING in CONNECTICUT 2: GHOSTS of GEORGIA
Posted By: oiram
Subject: THE HAUNTING in CONNECTICUT 2: GHOSTS of GEORGIA
Date Posted: January 28 2013 at 12:15pm

MEMBER-STARTED FORUM DISCUSSION

The Haunting in Connecticut 2: Ghosts of Georgia (Also known as The Haunting of Georgia) is one of those sequels we expected (because the first one was successful box-office wise), but certainly no one wanted (because that first movie was b-a-a-a-a-a--d). Probably the most original thing out of that first Haunting movie was an image floating/ghostly puke. Yeah… 

This movie's angle is slaves are haunting the main characters' family. Interesting idea, but the chances of it being silly (and having some forced "message") are raised by the concept. Not to mention the casting of once-time idol Chad Michael Murray (who co-starred w/Hilary Duff in A Cinderella Story, and Elisha Cuthbert and Paris Hilton in House of Wax) and a sort-of well-known TV star Katee Sackhoff, as well former Oscar nominee Cicely Tyson, this looks to be another one of those horror movie sequels that Razzie Members will love to hate... 

-------------
Elizabeth Hartman and Judith Barsi are more talented and beautiful than Scarlett Johansson and Chloe Grace Moretz. Fact.

Worst Supporting Actor: Brendan Fraser/Gimme Shelter and The Nut Job

Replies:
Posted By: Vits
Date Posted: January 28 2013 at 12:51pm
I think that Murray not being a teen idol anymore is his own fault. He became famous for ONE TREE HILL, where he actually did a good job. During the first 4 seasons of the show, he stared in 3 hit movies (2 of which got Razzie nominations). He didn't do any more movies, and continued with the series, until 2009, when he decided to leave TV to focus on his movie career. After that, he was only in TV movies and short films. He's been in very few theatrical releases since his guest appearance on the final season of OTH. Coincidence? I don't think so! 

-------------
You can follow me http://www.twitter.com/@Vits_Chile - @Vits_Chile

Posted By: oiram
Date Posted: January 28 2013 at 1:23pm
I noticed that the movie is not listed on Box Office Mojo release schedule, which sadly and most likely means it is on the same boat as LOL and Stolen were last year.  

RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: This movie was, however, listed in the Sunday L.A. Times as an up-coming release for this Friday, February 1 -- Meaning that, technically, it does qualify for RAZZIE consideration because it's apparently going to play at least a few theatres here in L.A.  

-------------
Elizabeth Hartman and Judith Barsi are more talented and beautiful than Scarlett Johansson and Chloe Grace Moretz. Fact.

Worst Supporting Actor: Brendan Fraser/Gimme Shelter and The Nut Job

Date Posted: July 03 2014 at 7:37am
Gabriel Bahamondes (2/7): "Putting aside the fact that the movie abuses every element of the genre with blinking lights, unexpected noises and phantasmal appearances, it dissapoints from the start because it takes too long to introduce the story. There are barely even jump scares during the first 40 minutes. When amateur director Tom Elkins's movie becomes interesting, it starts to lose sense".

Andrés Nazarala R. (2/7):
"The worst part is the end, where they answer all the questions. Bottom line, it's nothing new when it comes to the horror genre".

-------------

Date Posted: July 04 2014 at 10:55am
Diego Muñoz (1/5): "I'm not against a good genre formula. The problem is when the methods to scare are so lame. Sudden explosions of noises; editing full of visual crackles; a stylistic redundancy that exhausts even the most patient viewer. By the way [in regards to the title in Spanish], there's no exorcism".

-------------

Print Page | Close Window