Print Page | Close Window

EARLY Discussion of Superman Returns

Printed From: Official RAZZIEŽ Forum
Category: 27th RAZZIEŽ AWARDS DISCUSSIONS & FORUMS
Forum Name: SUPERMAN RETURNS
Forum Discription: Nominated for WORST SUPPORTING ACTRESS (Kate Bosworth)
URL: http://www.razzies.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=621
Printed Date: July 30 2014 at 6:39pm

Topic: EARLY Discussion of Superman Returns
Posted By: sportsartist24
Subject: EARLY Discussion of Superman Returns
Date Posted: February 21 2006 at 4:37pm
Will the new Superman movie, SUPERMAN RETURNS be any good, or will it follow SUPERMAN III and SUPERMAN IV: THE QUEST FOR PEACE as a Razzie contender? The film comes out in theaters and IMAX June 30, 2006, the film stars newcoming actor Brandon Routh as Superman, plus, Kate Bosworth as Lois Lane and Kevin Spacey as Lex Luthor and is directed by Bryan Singer (the first two X-MEN films, THE USUAL SUSPECTS). Post your replys about this movie.

-------------
The Mormons were'nt really popular in the beginning, they're now becoming more popular, even in Hollywood.

Replies:
Posted By: Sanndman228715
Date Posted: February 22 2006 at 5:26am

Even if the movie blows,  Kevin Spacey will be good at least

Date Posted: February 22 2006 at 8:29am
Don't forget, Bryan Singer beat McG (directer of CHARLIE'S ANGELS and the 2003 Razzie winning CHARLIE'S ANGELS: FULL THROTTLE) for the director's spot for this film. I believe Bryan Singer was a better choice than McG. But I felt pretty sad that Bryan Singer didn't choose to direct X-MEN 3.

-------------
The Mormons were'nt really popular in the beginning, they're now becoming more popular, even in Hollywood.

Date Posted: February 22 2006 at 9:14am

Movie Poster Image for Superman Returns

The first poster for Superman Returns (aka Superman 5).

-------------

Date Posted: February 23 2006 at 9:58am
So, come on, post some comments quickly. This has to be one of this summer's high box office films.

-------------

Date Posted: February 24 2006 at 6:05pm
You can watch the teaser trailer for this film at http://supermanreturns.warnerbros.com/ - http://supermanreturns.warnerbros.com/ , then you can just click on teaser trailer, and then you can just click on the teaser trailer, full screen, PSP, or iPod.

-------------

Posted By: deadguy76
Date Posted: February 24 2006 at 10:07pm
Brandon who? Kate Bosworth is another carbon copy of every other blonde out there. I agree about Kevin Spacey being good, but I've been wrong before (like the ensemble cast of Alexander)

-------------
"Woody Allen, whatever his failings, does not make movies for morons. Most directors do. Of course, most directors are morons."

- Joe Queenan

http://www.myspace.com/deadguy76

Date Posted: February 25 2006 at 2:37pm
Maybe Kate Bosworth won't be any good in this film, but believe it or not, this will be like the first Superman film in like 16 years.

-------------

Date Posted: February 25 2006 at 9:39pm
Originally posted by sportsartist24

Maybe Kate Bosworth won't be any good in this film, but believe it or not, this will be like the first Superman film in like 16 years.
There's a reason for that! In the 90's filmakers were being more original. I miss the 90's

-------------
"Woody Allen, whatever his failings, does not make movies for morons. Most directors do. Of course, most directors are morons."

- Joe Queenan

Date Posted: February 26 2006 at 5:16pm
Wow, well, it's quite surprising, all they've done in the '90's were the 3 Batman movies, a bunch of sequels, and remakes. Yep, remakes of past films and t.v. shows began in the '90's. However, I don't even know what a year they did a remake of a t.v series.

-------------

Date Posted: March 01 2006 at 4:51pm
anyway, it was sad back in August 2004, when the guy who played Superman, Christopher Reeve, died. I did think that was really sad.

-------------

Date Posted: March 01 2006 at 6:07pm

Wow, well, it's quite surprising, all they've done in the '90's were the 3 Batman movies, a bunch of sequels, and remakes.
You're forgetting that we were introduced to Quentin Tarantino, Darren Aronofsky, Paul Thomas Anderson, Steven Soderbergh, and Sam Mendes in the 90's.

-------------

- Joe Queenan

Date Posted: March 01 2006 at 7:54pm

Originally posted by deadguy76

Wow, well, it's quite surprising, all they've done in the '90's were the 3 Batman movies, a bunch of sequels, and remakes.
You're forgetting that we were introduced to Quentin Tarantino, Darren Aronofsky, Paul Thomas Anderson, Steven Soderbergh, and Sam Mendes in the 90's.

Yeah, and don't forget, the time when Steven Spielberg won his three Oscars, two for SCHINDLER'S LIST and one for SAVING PRIVATE RYAN. Plus, the year we've been introduced to one of the Worst Films ever made, SHOWGIRLS.

-------------

Date Posted: March 01 2006 at 7:58pm
I think the 90's had more originality. It just seem like the industry is trying to recapture what happened in the 90's in the 00's. Ever had a teacher that tried really hard to be "down" with the kids in class? Same thing.

-------------

- Joe Queenan

Date Posted: March 01 2006 at 8:09pm
Yah, deadguy76, I definitely agree with you on that one.

-------------

Date Posted: March 04 2006 at 12:15pm
However, they've only done T.V. Shows of Superman during the 90's. I guess that's why there wasn't a Superman film in that period. There was LOIS AND CLARK which was shown on ABC, and this show that started in 2001 on the WB, SMALLVILLE.

-------------

Posted By: Andis1976
Date Posted: March 05 2006 at 5:34pm
Hello??!!! Why the hell is there a new Superman movie??!! Have you seen the guy that will play Superman? He is an ugly MOFO!! Come on nobody can take Reeve's place! And how come that can't get Tom Welling to put on the suit? I am still waiting for that. Gosh he is so hot!

Posted By: Kikyo
Date Posted: March 06 2006 at 1:18am

all i can say...Kate Bosworth as LOIS LANE???? WTF????? WTF!!!!!!???    Its like Jessica Simpson as DAISY DUKE????  WTF!!!  Whew....now that is out of my system......even tho KATE IS PLAYING LOIS ...i am still taking a huge risk and watching the movie.

-------------
Did I shave my legs for this??

Date Posted: March 06 2006 at 4:18pm
I'll go see the movie, but I think Kate Bosworth will definitely get a Razzie nod for Worst Supporting Actress for 2006, alright. They should also bring back Worst New Star, cause if they do, they should nominate that guy, Brandon Routh, for that. But I still think Kevin Spacey will be really good playing Superman's nemesis, Lex Luthor. Plus, like I said, Warner Bros. did the right thing choosing Bryan Singer to direct this film and not McG.

-------------

Date Posted: March 08 2006 at 4:49pm

Brandon Routh as Superman in Warner Bros. Superman Returns

Take a look at this pic...some of the red on Superman looks purple. Really wierd!

-------------

Date Posted: March 22 2006 at 5:25pm

Kate Bosworth as Lois Lane in Warner Bros. Pictures' Superman Returns

Take a look at this pic of Kate Bosworth, who plays Lois Lane. Just looking at this picture reminds me of Katie Holmes!

-------------

Date Posted: May 09 2006 at 2:10am
They've now released the full-length trailer for this movie. Click below to see it: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0348150/trailers - http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0348150/trailers

-------------

Date Posted: May 22 2006 at 5:42am

Here's it the new poster for it:

-------------

Date Posted: June 05 2006 at 5:29am
They've just moved the release date for SUPERMAN RETURNS from June 30 to June 28, which is a Wednesday...

-------------

Posted By: Sanndman228715
Date Posted: June 22 2006 at 6:53am
On Rotten Tomatoes it's getting very good reviews, several critics have said that they think Kevin Spacey makes a better Lex Luthor than Gene Hackman ( And I liked Hackman's Lex). Also getting good notices are Frank Langella, Parker Posey, and (For the most part) Brandon Routh. The big question mark seems to be Kate Bosworth. Still, I can't wait to see it.

Date Posted: June 22 2006 at 9:38pm

Take a look at this pic of Kate Bosworth, who plays Lois Lane. Just looking at that picture just reminds me of Katie Holmes!
It's bad enough that every blonde in hollywood looks alike. Now because of TomKat, brunettes can't get into the entertainment industry unless they look like Katie Holmes. Take a closer look at Katherine McPhee, she didn't get this far on talent (no one on American Idol has ever had any).

-------------

- Joe Queenan

Date Posted: June 26 2006 at 2:53am

Originally posted by Sanndman228715

On Rotten Tomatoes it's getting very good reviews, several critics have said that they think Kevin Spacey makes a better Lex Luthor than Gene Hackman ( And I liked Hackman's Lex). Also getting good notices are Frank Langella, Parker Posey, and (For the most part) Brandon Routh. The big question mark seems to be Kate Bosworth. Still, I can't wait to see it.

Don't forget, James Marsden, who's known for playing Cyclops in the three X-Men movies, the first two Bryan Singer directed. Anyway, the Lex Luthor played by Genen Hackman, well, Lex had hair, in the Superman cartoon series, lex was actually bald. They did the right thing having Kevin Spacey go bald for the role as Lex. I still think it will get a Razzie nom, but only one, which will go to Kate Bosworth, either for Worst Actress or Worst Supporting Actress.

-------------

Date Posted: June 26 2006 at 3:01am
But of course, it's great that this film's getting good reviews from critics. Here's one example of one of those good reviews. Rolling Stone critic Peter Travers gave Batman Begins 3 stars last year. He gave Superman Returns 3 stars as well. Peter Travers likes Batman more than Superman, but he had a lot of sense to say why he liked this film. Click here to read his review on Superman Returns: http://www.rollingstone.com/reviews/movies/_/id/7222783/rid/10638508/ - http://www.rollingstone.com/reviews/movies/_/id/7222783/rid/ 10638508/

-------------

Posted By: Brierfox
Date Posted: July 02 2006 at 5:11am

I am so mad at this movie! No, don't tell me whose fault it was: Everyone is to blame!   I am a big fan of the man of steel, I grew up reading his comics, watched him on TV in black and white, enjoyed the first movie, and yawned during the sequels.   This sequel just plain sucks!       

No doubt, they tried to make it into a chick movie, but they must have used male writers, because even as a chick movie it sucks.   In fact, Superman is so non-macho and politicaly correct, he comes off as a wimp!  I thought it was universaly known that women are not attracted to wimps?  

As an adventure movie, it is slow and dull. You want "Special Effects"? Don't look for it here! I've seen better graphics in "B" movies of the '60's!

Just one example: Why was the shuttle mounted on a passenger plane?  I seem to have missed the explanation.   I was under the impression that the Shuttle was transported on a specially reinforced and heavily braced Boeing 747 transporter.  Am I wrong to think they normally empty the fuel tanks before they move it?    When a film's physical plot devices are this unbelievable, the movie fails to induce the audience to suspend belief.  Once this happens, "Hollywood Magic" can't save it, and the movie bombs.

I actually paid money to see this movie!   My girlfriend hated it, (which is proof it is not a chick movie BTW)  and as we left, we told people in line to avoid it!  

-------------
"We aren't in Kansas anymore Toto... Toto??"

Posted By: Brierfox
Date Posted: July 02 2006 at 5:20am

Oh gosh oh gee, look at the photos above and imagine having to sit through the movie!   They are so bland, so colorless, so dull it will make you sick.  Superman needs to be at least 6ft tall and 240 pounds of muscle to really dominate the screen.  He needs to be impressive!  Reeves wasn't impressive, he was charming and good looking, and they padded his costume.  I liked him, but I was not impressed. 

Kate Bosworth will be a good actress when she is older and has some laugh lines and wrinkles on her featureless face.  She is simply too juvenile and "model perfect" to be portraying a tough , muckraking journalist like Lois Lane.

-------------
"We aren't in Kansas anymore Toto... Toto??"

Posted By: bruin_522
Date Posted: February 13 2007 at 2:01am
I've seen this movie, and I thought it was pretty good. Kevin Spacey was terrific as Lex Luthor, and Brandon Routh was pretty good as the man of steel. Of course, my biggest concern was Kate Bosworth, I've seen a bunch of films with her as a blonde, but now, she went to brunette in this movie. Well, no matter, I already know she's just received a Worst Supporting Actress Razzie nom, as I expected her to.

Posted By: wetbandit82
Date Posted: February 13 2007 at 6:55am
At least it was halfway decent, and given some of the earlier script concepts they had for it, it could have been much worse.  Let's see if they give Singer the second one I think he said he wants. 

Print Page | Close Window