Print Page | Close Window

The Best/Worst Remake Ideas

Printed From: Official RAZZIEŽ Forum
Category: Well, EXCUSE ME!
Forum Name: Horribly Cast Remakes R Us...
Forum Discription: YOU Choose the Classic Film, YOU Cast the RAZZ-able Actors...WE'LL Do the Laughing!
URL: http://www.razzies.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=684
Printed Date: October 20 2014 at 2:18pm

Topic: The Best/Worst Remake Ideas
Posted By: Guests
Subject: The Best/Worst Remake Ideas
Date Posted: March 07 2006 at 10:57am

How About A Remake of Tron? Only, get this, it's a musical!

Ben Affleck is the star. Uwe Bohl directs.

Replies:
Posted By: Brierfox
Date Posted: August 03 2006 at 1:42pm

You could never do a remake of Tron.  It wasn't a bad movie, but like the computer industry it tried to portray, it became obsolete as soon as it hit theatres.

The worst possible movie remake I can think of is "Amadeus", starring Elton John in the title role, and George Michael as the his jealous mentor.

Imagine Elton fumbling with the damsel, played by Paris Hilton, under an electric piano?    The end of the movie could include a failed opera titled "Tommy," after which Elton could rip off his hairpiece and scream!

-------------
"We aren't in Kansas anymore Toto... Toto??"

Posted By: gertie the duck
Date Posted: August 13 2006 at 3:55am

EEEK!!!

The HORROR. Brierfox, how could you be so cruel? You have just brought back a memory that I tried to repress for a very long time: I once inadvertantly caught the last ten minutes of Tommy on TV...

If I had ever seen it in its entirety, I am sure it would have become a candidate for MY worst movie experience.

-------------
"Come back, Sidney... I wanna chastise you!"

Posted By: gertie the duck
Date Posted: August 14 2006 at 11:37am

OH.MY.GOD.

I have just found out Neil LaBute has remade the Wicker Man (any remake of it already sounds like a TERRIBLE idea)...with Nicholas Cage in the role of the police officer!!!!!!   (only a screenful of disapproving smileys could convey my sheer dismay at this bit of news... ) 

-------------
"Come back, Sidney... I wanna chastise you!"

Print Page | Close Window