Print Page | Close Window

Pick Summer’s Biggest B.O. BOMB!

Printed From: Official RAZZIEŽ Forum
Category: RAZZIEŽ Events, Announcements & Activities
Forum Name: POLL: PICK the BIGGEST B.O. BUMMER of SUMMER '06!
Forum Discription: We've Listed 10 Titles We Think Have a Shot at Disappointing Audiences Big Time -- Which ONE Do You Think Will Stink WORST?!?!?!
URL: http://www.razzies.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=992
Printed Date: November 23 2014 at 4:35pm

Topic: Pick Summer’s Biggest B.O. BOMB!
Posted By: HeadRAZZBerry
Subject: Pick Summer’s Biggest B.O. BOMB!
Date Posted: May 17 2006 at 3:57am

FOR SUMMER 2005, ALMOST NOTHING CROSSED the MAGIC $200 MILLION LINE at the BOX OFFICE. THIS YEAR LOOKS to BE MORE of the SAME...BUT WHICH of THESE BIG-BUDGET "WONDERS' WILL TURN OUT to BE THE SUMMER's BIGGEST B.O. BLUNDER?? 

Once You've VOTED, Feel Free to POST Your Thoughts Below...

-------------
Ye Olde Head RAZZberry

Replies:
Posted By: Nasty Man
Date Posted: May 17 2006 at 4:00am
I'm picking "Da Vinci Code" because everyone presumes it'll be a gi-normous hit -- and I hear it's actually boring as Hell!

-------------
Everything SUX!

Posted By: JoeBacon
Date Posted: May 18 2006 at 2:57am
Razz, I got to vote for THE OMEN, because everyone knows the Antichrist
isn't on the screen, he's in the Oval Office!

Posted By: messy-1
Date Posted: May 18 2006 at 12:23pm
"The Da Vinci Code" is, in fact, critic-proof and therefore cannot bomb. It'll make its money back.

Little Man may be the worst film of the summer, but Garfield 2 cost more money, and will do less business.

-------------

Posted By: #1-Film Freak!!
Date Posted: May 19 2006 at 7:07am

What about Adam Sandler in CLICK -- It looks really dumb, and Sandler hasn't got anyone's name next to his above the title on this one. It was also prominently featured in your "Sneak Pique" list at the beginning of the year ( http://www.razzies.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=490&PN=1 - LINK ) Have you changed your mind about it??

Since I hate Sandler's stupid movies anyway, I sure hope CLICK bombs!

-------------
Nobody LUVS movies more than ME!

Posted By: deadguy76
Date Posted: May 20 2006 at 10:13pm
Looks like The DaVinci code has been laughed at by critics and audiences (here and in Frogland). I'm guessing it will be a box office flop in the long run.

-------------
"Woody Allen, whatever his failings, does not make movies for morons. Most directors do. Of course, most directors are morons."

- Joe Queenan

http://www.myspace.com/deadguy76

Posted By: Vidiot
Date Posted: May 21 2006 at 2:41am
Hands down....Poseidon 2006

Production = $160,000,000

Box Office Worldwide = $34,968,000

I dunno what the hell they spent on marketing, but I know it was plenty. Warner is only shy $130,000,000 to cover just the production costs...

Posted By: ITbeast
Date Posted: May 22 2006 at 8:20am

Other than Poseidon sinking Faster than the Titanic (The real ship, not the movie) it will be The Fast and Making Me Furious 3 that will be the biggest Bomb of 2006. It has the one Major Ingredient for failure: Not a living soul from the first 2 F&F films (Including Paul Walker) is in it. If I am wrong, it will not be by much...  

-------------
The "Networking IT" Movie Buff!

Words to live by:
"Money doesn't make you happy. I now have $50 million but I was just as happy when I had $48 million." - Arnold Schwarzenegger

Posted By: Brierfox
Date Posted: May 23 2006 at 2:37pm
I never thought "The DaVinci Code" would bomb, and it hasn't.  $77 mill in the USA and $300M worldwide is a lot of popcorn!
I was not surrprised that "The World's Fastest Indian" became the world's fastest movie bomb.  It cost 25mil to make and has yet to gross 5mil.  Another non-surprise was "The Nortorious Bettie Page", this tame version of her wild life cost mush more then the single million it's taken in so far.
I was also happy to see that "CSA etc" has lost money, it was a stupid movie based on a so-so book.  I was bored half way thru the book and lost interest in the movie after 20 minutes.
  The public may just like "Miami Vice", it's a bit more serious and gritty then the TV show was, and makes a bit more sense.   Too bad about Garfield, he's no match for Sylvester, maybe he should have developed a lisp?  Tim Allen?  hmm, maybe he should have stuck with standup comedy?  Maybe he and Eddie Murphy could do something together?  Hopefuly not a movie though!

-------------
"We aren't in Kansas anymore Toto... Toto??"

Posted By: sportsartist24
Date Posted: May 24 2006 at 2:52am

Sorry, guys, but The Da Vinci Code is NOT going to be a B.O. Bomb at all. It's getting close to reaching over $100 Million at the Box office. I picked Fast and Furious 3 because it just doesn't look good at all. I mean, make a vehicular movie in Japan? C'mon, Hollywood, give me a break.

Some people say 3 is a magic number. Well, maybe it is, but 3 definitely has not been a magic number for movies!

-------------
The Mormons were'nt really popular in the beginning, they're now becoming more popular, even in Hollywood.

Date Posted: June 01 2006 at 1:09am
Da Vinci is about to hit the half billion mark world wide.
MI:III is almost at 400 million. They may be bad, but they're hits.

Poseidon is "the bomb" (and not in a good way!).

-------------

Date Posted: June 20 2006 at 7:27am

Gosh darn!  Poseidon is sinking?   I mean, it should have been better than "Titanic"!    In "Titanic" the ship sunk, so right off the bat, we're ahead of the curve!   

-------------

Posted By: Raspberry_Pie
Date Posted: July 17 2006 at 8:01am

I just had to go with Garfield 2, though those other movies look like they'd bomb just as much.

-------------
Hollywood: Crap Movies-R-Us

Date Posted: July 17 2006 at 3:11pm

Response to Raspberry_Pie: Let's just hope that the performance pitiful of Garfield 2 is bad enough not to subject the adults to another Lasagna-sized course of Garfield 3. I really do not want my 8 and 4 year old dragging me into a 3rd helping of this kitty litter infested franchise. The last 2 helpings were bad enough to give me the runs for a week apiece.

-------------

Words to live by:
"Money doesn't make you happy. I now have $50 million but I was just as happy when I had $48 million." - Arnold Schwarzenegger

Posted By: ninjacat11
Date Posted: July 18 2006 at 1:47pm
Fast and The Furious.

Posted By: gertie the duck
Date Posted: July 19 2006 at 5:47am
Garfield. Can't see anyone (not even little kids) wanting to subject themselves to this...

Date Posted: July 19 2006 at 6:05am
Mine did; It is amazing what we do for our children, even putting up with Garfield. I am just praying (like I mentioned above) that the 2nd outing does pitiful enough not to have me go thru the shredder once again.

-------------

Words to live by:

Date Posted: July 19 2006 at 6:18am

Geez. I am really, really sorry for you, ITbeast. Maybe I was wrong. Maybe little kids would feel like watching this (heh. I seem to vaguely remember demanding to watch -and loving!- "Home Alone", when I was a young'un!). You have my deepest sympathies...

Wasn't Garfield, as a cartoon, supposedly aimed at an older audience? That's why I don't get how anyone would want to see the movie: kids wouldn't know who he is and grown-ups would run for their lives at the mere mention of a Garfield film...

That, and the fact that it looks completely and utterly unappealing (and if I was a small child I would probably find CGI-Garfield terrifying. In fact, even though I am not one, I STILL find him terrifying!)...

Date Posted: July 19 2006 at 8:15am

Hey...The 1st 2 Home Alone movies were excellent...anything from 3 on was just a cheap rip off.

Garfield is based on a the Sunday Morning Paper comic strip printed here in the good old U S of about a Fat, lazy, orange cat that is constantly trying dodge his way out of any work from his owner and pick on the cute stupid dog.

The people who produced this trifle did very little to really translate this to the screen and instead of making this animated, thought they could save a few bucks by mixing the 2.

You would still be surprised how many people (me included, probably stuck in the same scenario) go see it, and then buy the DVD. Here is a http://www.the-numbers.com/movies/series/Garfield.php - link to see what I am talking about.

-------------

Words to live by:

Date Posted: July 21 2006 at 1:52pm
The original strip (that is when Jim Davis was starting out with it back in the '70s) it was actually rather good. Garfield was considered the "sex pistols" of newpaper comics.

However, that was a long,long time ago, although some of the TV specials were quite good.

Date Posted: July 21 2006 at 1:54pm
The Biggest bomb of the Summer is Posiden, which blew chunks and lost several tons of money.

Date Posted: August 08 2006 at 4:44am

Right now it looks like, from the above list, "Lady Already Dead In The Water" is (surprisingly) going to be the biggest http://www.the-numbers.com/movies/2006/LADYW.php - financial and http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/lady_in_the_water/ - critical  Bomb of the Summer. Personally, I thought The Fast and The Furious 3 would have taken the Chump Crown.

I just thank God I did not lay any money down!

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/lady_in_the_water/gallery.php?page=11&size=lores&nopop=1">Lady in the Water Movie Stills: Bryce Dallas Howard, Paul Giamatti, Jeffrey Wright, M. Night Shyamalan

"Is your Dad casting yet for anything new? I need something to pull my name out of the toilet after making this turkey and the Ant Bully!"

-------------

Words to live by:

Date Posted: August 13 2006 at 1:53am

Hmm...dunno about that: Lady in the Water-Closet sounds so spectacularly bad I almost wanna see it...

If it shows at one of the cheaper cinemas, at a matinee, and I find myself with loads of spare cash and time, I might be tempted ("might"!More likely I'll rent the DVD)...

I know this is gonna be one of those films that piss me off so much I find myself swearing at the screen.

Oh, the sweet pleasures of masochism!

-------------
"Come back, Sidney... I wanna chastise you!"

Date Posted: August 20 2006 at 1:37am

I have just seen the new poster for Lady in The Water and cracked up laughing at the prescience of my previous post's "W.C." comment.

The poster says:

"It's not in the closet...[hmmm.Okay, I was wrong. Could it be in the bed-pan?]

It's not under the bed...[Ach. I give up! Where is it?]

It's in the back yard."[communal outdoor facilities?How primitive!]

-------------
"Come back, Sidney... I wanna chastise you!"

Date Posted: August 21 2006 at 12:41pm
Don't you just love all the excuses circulating about "Poseidon"?   The other blockbusters;  "Superman" and "Davinci"  may not have been Oscar material, but at least they made money.
"Poseidon" was supposed to be seriously good and full of great special effects, it was supposed to be a thriller for gosh sakes.
It turned out to be boring,  boring, boring.   No one applauded when the folks were rescued.  
I mentioned to my friend that the theater seemed less full than when we arrived, and she said she thought we should have left early too.   She also hinted that maybe I should preview movies before taking her to see them.  In fact, she made me sign a document to that affect... in my blood...while a notary public looked on.   The fact that the cut was made across my wrist did not seem to bother her.
Thus: #1, I do not have any sympathy for "Poseidon" or Kurt Russel, or any body connected with this stupid movie!  
#2 henceforth, I will be watching potentialy bad movies all by myself.

-------------

Date Posted: August 23 2006 at 12:39pm
Financially: Poseidon

Artistically: Celestine Prophecy.

There needs to be a special Razzie for HCE, which makes everything else, even Ultraviolet, look downright good.

-------------

Posted By: Razzilla
Date Posted: October 03 2006 at 12:36pm

Poseidon doesn't have a song to add insult to injury...sung by Celine Dion... That's the ONLY GOOD THING about the movie...

Originally posted by Brierfox

Gosh darn!  Poseidon is sinking?   I mean, it should have been better than "Titanic"!    In "Titanic" the ship sunk, so right off the bat, we're ahead of the curve!    

-------------
Comparing Uwe Boll's movies to a sack of horse manure will only get you sued by every fertilizer company in existence...

Posted By: HeadRAZZBerry
Date Posted: December 01 2006 at 4:58am

Sorry to burst your bubble, Razzilla, but POSEIDON actually does have an "original" song: "Won't Let You Fall," co-written and performed at the shipboard New year's Eve party by Stacy Ferguson. And in such a crappy year for the Academy's Best Song category, it may actually get nominated.

BTW: It looks like the Opening Number for this year's 27th Annual RAZZIE Awards will be a parody of "There's Got to Be a Morning After," the Oscar winning song from the original 1972 POSEIDON ADVENTURE. Our lyric: "There's Got to Be an Anti-Oscar"...

-------------
Ye Olde Head RAZZberry

Posted By: saturnwatcher
Date Posted: December 01 2006 at 9:50am

The single best scene from the original Poseidon Adventure was the performance (lip sync) of that song, and it was absolutely clear that everyone on the floor was dancing to an entirely different number. In that spirit, I would suggest that the dancers during the opening number operate in the same spirit and dance to their own beat.

Originally posted by HeadRAZZBerry

BTW: It looks like the Opening Number for this year's 27th Annual RAZZIE Awards will be a parody of "There's Got to Be a Morning After," the Oscar winning song from the original 1972 POSEIDON ADVENTURE. Our lyric: "There's Got to Be an Anti-Oscar"...

-------------
Nine times out of ten, in art as in life, there is no truth to be discovered, only an error to be exposed.--H.L. Menken

Date Posted: December 02 2006 at 4:53pm
AMEN!

-------------

Words to live by:

Posted By: Razzilla
Date Posted: December 03 2006 at 2:30am

I don't think it got the constant airplay My Stomach Churns On (or whatever that Celine Dion song was called)...because I haven't heard it yet...

Originally posted by HeadRAZZBerry

Sorry to burst your bubble, Razzilla, but POSEIDON actually does have an "original" song: "Won't Let You Fall," co-written and performed at the shipboard New year's Eve party by Stacy Ferguson. And in such a crappy year for the Academy's Best Song category, it may actually get nominated.

-------------
Comparing Uwe Boll's movies to a sack of horse manure will only get you sued by every fertilizer company in existence...

Date Posted: February 14 2007 at 5:58am
Boy do I love to be punished!   I rented both "The DaVinci Mess" and "Posiedion"  on the same night.  I watched about half of the "mess" and just 20 minutes of the "Posiedon" before switching the damn TV off.
I was right the first time; both movies stunk.
The biggest stinker to me, is "Apocplypto"
This gory mess from Mel Gibson should get a special award for being the most violently gross, and most grossly inaccurate movie made about native Americans.   There is something sick and dangerous lurking in the mind of Mel Gibson! 

-------------

Print Page | Close Window