Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > INFO. FORUMS & POLLS on 2012 RAZZIE® Choices... > MEMBER-STARTED DISCUSSIONS of 2012 RELEASES
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

PROJECT X

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Berry Good Friend
Berry Good Friend

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote AndP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: PROJECT X
    Posted: March 08 2012 at 1:18pm
Saw this, was completely awful and has a (too high if you ask me) 27% approval at Rotten Tomatoes.
SchumacherH8ter View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 08 2012 at 3:19pm
I saw this too... and I actually liked it. I don't know why, but I laughed a lot more times than I should have during the movie.
I'm the Goddamn Batman.-All-Star Batman And Robin #2
https://twitter.com/Scott_DAgostino
Upcoming reviews: http://www.razzies.com/forum/topic7513.html
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 08 2012 at 4:47pm
Usually small budget Horror Movies don't get much attention, mostly for not having big stars. But with all the Found Footage Movies coming up, maybe the Worst Excuse For A Horror Movie could return.
You can follow me @Vits_Chile
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 09 2012 at 8:17am
Movies With Mitch gave it 2/5. CinematicMethod didn't give it a full review, and instead did this.
Originally posted by AndP

Saw this, was completely awful and has a (too high if you ask me) 27% approval at Rotten Tomatoes.
The concensus is "Unoriginal, unfunny, and all-around unattractive, the movie mines the depths of the teen movie and found-footage genres for 87 minutes of predictably mean-spirited debauchery".
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 09 2012 at 8:24am
Sorry, I couldn't find more.
LOL
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 09 2012 at 8:26am
I put these separated from the others because they're sort of back-to-back:

whatsthepoint View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote whatsthepoint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 09 2012 at 8:54am

The success of the film is giving Hollywood a bad idea.
Dun-Ida View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Dun-Ida Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 11 2012 at 3:00am
This movie is terrible. These nominations should be considered:

Worst Picture. The following will explain this one. 

Oliver Cooper for Worst Actor. His character Costa is supposed to be this fun-loving guy that we are supposed to like. Instead he comes off as an annoying sh!thead. 

Worst Prequel, Remake, Rip-off or Sequel should also be considered for this movie. It's obviously ripping off from the various 'video footage' movies that have churned out recently. 

Worst Director for Nima Nourizadeh cannot be ruled out. All the movie's parts have been put together very badly. The whole movie looks very disjointed and uneven. It's torture for anyone wanting to watch a genuinely decent movie. 

A Worst Screenplay nomination should also be in consideration. Matt Drake and Michael Bacall have been unable to come up with a story that actually has substance. When they were writing this garbage they decided scenes of people doing stupid things should play a more prominent role than characters and plot. 

Any two of the cast should be a serious contender for Worst Screen Couple. The movie is so full of awful characters that any pair of them on the screen is an eye-sore. This also means that the entire cast should be considered for Worst Screen Ensemble. 
Directed by Michael Bay and M. Night Shyamalan comes...a movie guaranteed to win Razzies!
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 06 2012 at 2:40pm
I just saw it.

For your consideration: Worst Director. It had redeeming qualities to be a best bad movie, but one of them isn't the music video style.
Originally posted by whatsthepoint

The success of the film is giving Hollywood a bad idea.
Forget Hollywood. Do you know how many people have tried to recreate the movie's party?
Originally posted by Dun-Ida

Oliver Cooper for Worst Actor. His character Costa is supposed to be this fun-loving guy that we are supposed to like. Instead he comes off as an annoying sh!thead.
Not really. He's supposed to be annoying, while THOMAS is supposed to be likeable. But I agree he was a little too annoying at times.
moviewizguy View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviewizguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 06 2012 at 3:17pm
This is one of the worst movies I've ever seen, let alone this year. I hated this film. White privilege shoved down our throats. Message of the movie: If you're rich enough to pull off a huge party, in the cost of destroying an entire neighborhood, you'll be popular. The characters are d-bags and the "happy ending" is a complete cop out. The actor who plays Costa, in particular, has got to be one of the most annoying characters in film history. 1/10
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 06 2012 at 6:06pm
Originally posted by SchumacherH8ter

I saw this too... and I actually liked it. I don't know why, but I laughed a lot more times than I should have during the movie.

Looking at it from hindsight... I have no idea what the Hell I was thinking when I typed this. I can't recall anything funny other than the lawn gnome and Oliver Cooper is seriously one of the worst actors in a while.
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 06 2012 at 6:30pm
Maybe you saw it as a guilty pleasure, like I did.
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 06 2012 at 6:56pm
I think that's what I meant in the first place. But, MWG's points were so spot-on, I realized he was right about it sucking. Also, Oliver Cooper's going to be in Grown Ups 2 the only movie next year* that sounds less appealing than a thousand person human centipede.

*Assuming The Starving Games doesn't get made in time.
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 03 2012 at 2:01pm
Originally posted by Vits

I just saw it.

For your consideration: Worst Director. It had redeeming qualities to be a best bad movie, but one of them isn't the music video style.
Skip to 06:25.

Any thoughts?
 Post Reply Post Reply