Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General MOVIE & DVD Discussions > Movies in General...
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

RAZZIE and Oscar in The Same Year...

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Berry Special GUESTS
Berry Special GUESTS
Post Options Post Options   Quote MichaelB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: RAZZIE and Oscar in The Same Year...
    Posted: December 31 2005 at 7:44am
Do you Think Certain Actresses and Actors Could Be Nominated For a Razzie And Oscar in the Same Year. I think Keira Knightly Could Be a Oscar Nominee For Pride and Prejudice and a Razzie Nominee For Domino. Who Else Could Get Nominated For Razzie and Oscar in The Same Year.  
BooBerry View Drop Down
Berry Important Member
Berry Important Member

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote BooBerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 01 2006 at 9:42pm

It could happen this year, several times over.

Charlize Theron could be nominated for the little gold naked man for her performance in NORTH COUNTRY and a Razzie for her turn in AEON FLUX. Not to mention her co-star in both films Frances McDormand could find herself up for both Best and Worst Supporting Actress.

And Bob Hoskins may see himself nominated for the Oscar for Best Supporting Actor in MRS. HENDERSON PRESENTS and the Razzie for Worst Supporting Actor in SON OF THE MASK.

We'll just have to find out on January 30th and 31st, won't we?

-BooBerry

adam View Drop Down
Berry Special GUESTS
Berry Special GUESTS
Post Options Post Options   Quote adam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 04 2006 at 10:17am

Barbra Streisand was nominated for both a Razzie and an Oscar for the same role in Yentl.

adam View Drop Down
Berry Special GUESTS
Berry Special GUESTS
Post Options Post Options   Quote adam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 04 2006 at 10:20am

Correction: Streisand was NOT Oscar nominated for Yentl, but was Razzie nominated for it as "Worst Actor." Amy Irving was an Oscar nominee and a Razzie nominee as Worst Supporting Actress for her role as Streisand's bride in Yentl...

Response from Head RAZZberry: WOW! Someone who really nose their RAZZIE History. The only other performer to be nominated for both awards for the same performance was our Berry First Year: James Coco as Best and Worst Supporting Actor for ONLY WHEN I LAUGH.

Incidentally, neither Irving nor Coco went on to "win" either award...

#1-Movie-Fan! View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote #1-Movie-Fan! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 31 2006 at 10:49am
On a somewhat similar note, I'm pretty sure Tom Cruise is the only actor to star in both the Oscar winning Best Picture and the Razzie "winning" Worst Picture in the same year. In 1988, Cruise was top-billed in both RAIN MAN and COCKTAIL... 
Sanndman228715 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Sanndman228715 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 30 2007 at 8:28am
Christopher Walken was nominated for a razzie for the Country Bears the same year he was nominated for an Oscar for Catch me if You Can. And Alec Baldwin was nominated for a razzie for The Cat in the Hat, the same year he was nominated for an Oscar for The Cooler.
curl View Drop Down
Berry Good Friend
Berry Good Friend

Post Options Post Options   Quote curl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 11 2011 at 12:49am
I am so happy about Black Swan winning Oscars. It really deserves it! But I do not understand why Kings Speach got so many...
 Post Reply Post Reply