Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RAZZIE® Basics > SCHEDULE for 35th RAZZIES® & 87th OSCARS® in 2015
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

RAZZIES® on TV in 2011??

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Berry Important MODERATOR
Berry Important MODERATOR

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote HeadRAZZBerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: RAZZIES® on TV in 2011??
    Posted: April 12 2010 at 6:31am

For IMMEDIATE Release

The 31st Annual 

RAZZIE® Awards 

Dis-Honoring Worst Achievements in Film for 2010 

RAZZIE® Awards, Riding a Crest of

Unprecedented Public Interest,

Set 31st Annual Show for Feb. 26, 2011

and Develop TV Properties

With Sandra Bullock having just followed in the footsteps of Halle Berry, Bill Cosby and Ben Affleck by accepting a RAZZIE® statuette, The Golden Raspberry Award Foundation is exploring the possibility of a first-ever television broadcast of their award ceremonies next Spring, as well as developing other RAZZIE® branded entertainment properties. Riding an unprecedented wave of public and media interest, the Foundation that presents the RAZZIES® is already making plans for their 31st Annual RAZZIE® Awards, now set for the evening of Saturday, February 26, 2011 -- as is now Hollywood tradition, Oscar® Eve.

In the three decades the RAZZIES® have been presented, they have jumped from their humble beginnings in the living room alcove of their founder John Wilson to a yearly event with media coverage and popular interest to rival that of any industry supported awards show.  Globally, the RAZZIE® Awards are second only to OSCAR® in press coverage, eclipsing all other awards shows in column inches and broadcast attention. Perhaps because of their well-known irreverence and status as almost the only awards intended to get laughs, the RAZZIE® name and brand have entered American vernacular as synonymous with pointing out the worst in all things. They have recently been featured as an entire category on JEOPARDY, as clues in games and crossword puzzles, and have permeated virtually all areas of social commentary including political Op-eds in major newspapers and periodicals.

Viral Internet postings of iconic RAZZIE® moments have drawn millions of viewers on YOUTUBE. Following Sandra Bullock’s participation, traffic to RAZZIES.COM increased over 1500%. The fact that such high-traffic sites as NETFLIX, the IMDb and dozens of others feature the RAZZIES’ history alongside that of the Academy Awards® has proven the RAZZIE® imprint not only celebrates “bad,” but helps move DVDs as well.

Despite their being known and enjoyed by a worldwide audience in the billions, the RAZZIE® ceremony and variety show has never been broadcast. With awareness of (and interest in) the RAZZIES® at an all-time high, the next logical step in their growth process is an airing of the awards show spoof that has changed the way the world views Hollywood’s biggest bombs. In response to this groundswell of attention, RAZZIE® founder Wilson and his producing partner Maureen Murphy have partnered with Producer Eric Ortner to develop a televised version of the perennial event.  Eric Ortner Productions will produce the awards show, and other branded entertainment, with the RAZZIE® team. 

To paraphrase the 60’s pop song, the best of the worst is yet to come!

Ye Olde Head RAZZberry
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 12 2010 at 6:42am
A telecast of the Razzies?  YES!
You can follow me @Vits_Chile
BurnHollywoodBurn View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 12 2010 at 11:09am
YES! But what network or channel would be brave and bold enough to broadcast it?!
The Four Horsemen of the Moviepocalypse: uncalled for sequels/remakes/reboots, 3-D surcharges, untalented "celebrities", and anything with Michael Bay's name attached to it.
Julianstark View Drop Down
Berry Important Member
Berry Important Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Julianstark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 13 2010 at 6:46am
I could see a channel like Spike being brave and bold enough. I plan on attending the ceremony next year anyway, but having it be broadcast would be awesome! 
For Your 2010 Razzie Consideration: The Bounty Hunter and Leap Year --
Check out my blog! Movies and Other Things
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 13 2010 at 11:25am
Didn't Encore have a special week of showing the very Best-Worst of past Razzie Winners? So maybe Encore or Starz! will be the best bet.
The Four Horsemen of the Moviepocalypse: uncalled for sequels/remakes/reboots, 3-D surcharges, untalented "celebrities", and anything with Michael Bay's name attached to it.
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 13 2010 at 4:15pm
HeadRazz,I just hope it will be broadcasted all over the world...even if it's not live.
You can follow me @Vits_Chile
saturnwatcher View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote saturnwatcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 13 2010 at 6:09pm
I just want to offer congratulations to Head Razz on this exciting possibility! This is terrific!
Nine times out of ten, in art as in life, there is no truth to be discovered, only an error to be exposed.--H.L. Menken
GTAHater767 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote GTAHater767 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 14 2010 at 6:22pm
I had plans to watch the Worst-Of-2009 ceremonies on TV, but I couldn't find the channel it was on. Turns out it wasn't even broacast on "terebi". Because the RAZZIEs are taking place on Saturday as usual, I might just watch them this time. (I probably won't see the OSCARs because I expect to have class the next day.)
My deadlines for Member-Started Forums, given 35% approval rating or less: Mrc. 25; Divergent. Apl. 1; NOAH, Sabotage. Apl. 15; Oculus. Apl. 22; A Haunted House 2. Apl. 29; The Other Woman.
JoeBacon View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote JoeBacon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 14 2010 at 8:27pm

This is GREAT News Smile

Congrats to the Head Razz!
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 11 2010 at 1:38pm
I'm sure that once the Razzies are on TV, they will set up quite a few bad puns for TV reporters to sneak into the entertainment segments of the news...  
#1-Movie-Fan! View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote #1-Movie-Fan! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 06 2010 at 4:00pm
So when and where can we finally watch The 31st Razzies on TV?  May I add that IT'S ABOUT TIME -- and that, as a Voting Member who's never been able to fly out for your live show, I cannot wait to see them on TV!  Will they be LIVE, or on tape??       

RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: Actually, the details are still being negotiated, and will be announced on this Forum as soon as they're finalized...  
LBSOfficial View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote LBSOfficial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 02 2010 at 5:30pm
I wish you, John, all the best with the ratings and the very first broadcast of the Razzies. It's about time this award show was brought to TV.  Perhaps in HD, maybe?
“Why should people go out and pay to see bad films when they can stay home and see bad television for nothing?" - Samuel Goldwyn
cvcjr13 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote cvcjr13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 02 2010 at 11:39pm

That's good news.

However, you'll probably have to figure out how to do it and keep all those F-bombs, too, without getting fined by the FCC. . . .
TaRaN-RoD View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote TaRaN-RoD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 03 2010 at 8:25pm
Oh yeah finally!!! :D After all this time I waited for it! Go for it, go!!!! I want to see this on TV!!
oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 25 2010 at 5:04am
Makes me wish that I could be there...unfortunately, I can't.
Elizabeth Hartman and Judith Barsi are more talented and beautiful than Scarlett Johansson and Chloe Grace Moretz. Fact.

Worst Supporting Actor: Brendan Fraser/Gimme Shelter and The Nut Job

Jennifar View Drop Down
Berry Important Member
Berry Important Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Jennifar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 29 2010 at 9:14am
Wow! Great information and news for us!  

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>