Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > FORUMS on 30th RAZZIES Choices > DID YOU HEAR ABOUT THE MORGANS?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Remind Us Again: WHERE Is the FUNNY Part?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Carpet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Remind Us Again: WHERE Is the FUNNY Part?
    Posted: September 23 2010 at 11:09pm
This film is about a separated couple who has to move to a small town in the countryside, after witnessing a murder. I thought "Did You Hear About the Morgans" was funny! Yes, the plot follows the same formula as all romantic comedies, but it is enjoyable and fun. There are some laugh-out-loud moments, such as the angiography joke, or the "fourteen political followers" joke. I think it presents the life of a small town in an entertaining and humorous way. I particularly liked Mary Steenburgen's character, when she talked about reconciling with her husband because of lots of cows, she looked so genuinely reminiscent the amazing feeling. This backdrop of a small town provides the catalyst for a change in the Morgans' relationship status. Sometimes, a change is what is needed for things to go well!

Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Online
Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 08 2011 at 4:49pm
I just saw this and gave it 5/10.

Review coming soon.
You can follow me @Vits_Chile
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Online
Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 09 2011 at 12:50pm
"DID YOU HEAR" BAD THINGS "ABOUT" THIS MOVIE?CAN'T REALLY BLAME YOU(***/*****):

The movie has Marc Lawrence's typical great humour,which helps overcome the cliche plot.

So what is the problem with this movie?In one scene CLAY says he read a famous book and MERYL realizes what she thinks about country people are just stereotypes.A second later he says he only read the cover,feeding the stereotypes.The movie is fullof scenes like this.And the stereotypes about city people aren't helpful either.

Sarah Jessica Parker was nominated for the "Worst Actress" Razzie.I wouldn't she was that bad,but she's very over the top.Meanwhile,Hugh Grant and Mary Steenburgen's efforts were almost minimum.Heck,Sam Elliot and Wilford Brimley were seemingly reading their lines!

The ending was longer than needed.I mean that in the sense that it seemed to last forever,and that what they showed was unnecesary,and that it gave the feeling it was going to end differently.

Grades: C- in the U.S. and 4,5 in Chile.
You can follow me @Vits_Chile
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12