Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Forums on 2008 RAZZIE® "Winners" > REPO! THE GENETIC OPERA
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Repo! Songs contender for Oscars

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Poland626 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Repo! Songs contender for Oscars
    Posted: January 02 2009 at 11:40am
Three songs from Repo! The Genetic Opera have been selected to be in a list of 49 original songs. Zydrate Anatomy, Chase the Morning, and Chromaggia have all been picked by the academy as a POTENTIAL Oscar contender.

List of Songs

AmberSweet View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote AmberSweet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 04 2009 at 10:43am

I really hope Zydrate Anatomy gets nominated, it would be awesome to see Terrance preforming!!

I think Chromaggia has the best chance though.

Poland626 View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote Poland626 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 04 2009 at 10:45am
Zydrate Anatomy is a fan favorite but it just doesn't scream OSCAR to me.

I think you're right. Chromaggia does have the best chance since it's really operatic and amazing
AmberSweet View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote AmberSweet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 04 2009 at 10:47am

Yeah, I think the Academy would really dig Sarah Brightman.

Zydrate Addict View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote Zydrate Addict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2009 at 2:56am
Terrance was at the theater where I saw the movie.  I got his autograph and he sang for us....Not a dry pair of undies in the room....so damn sexy!!!
Poland626 View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote Poland626 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 10 2009 at 12:38pm
Originally posted by Zydrate Addict

Terrance was at the theater where I saw the movie.  I got his autograph and he sang for us....Not a dry pair of undies in the room....so damn sexy!!!

Sucks it wasn't nominated. REALLY should've been! >.<
dEd Grimley View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote dEd Grimley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 10 2009 at 1:37pm
... Just going to chime in, as a fellow Repo! fan, even though this appears to be a conversation amongst a single person with various Alts.

The music in Repo! was really good, but the lyrics tended to be a little weak. I felt that a lot of them were too heavy-handed to be considered for Academy recognition, but over all, they were definitely solid.

And in case any more regulars care to debate the Paris Hilton issue further, I just saw her on Kimmel last night (I had to for work), and I need to re-iterate, while she's not necessarily a rocket scientist, she seems like a genuinely nice person, who just happens to have been born into a very thick bubble that isn't likely to ever have the need to burst. So there's no need to keep HATING her the way the general public does.
-Iron helps us play-
CriticalFrank View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote CriticalFrank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 11 2009 at 12:15am
You have to watch Kimmel for work? Truly you must work for the devil himself... And here you claimed to be the devil. And she may be the kindest, most likable person on the planet. She could spend her days off rescuing puppies from burning buildings all while writing out her plans to solve world hunger through the abolition of golf courses, in favor of farmland, but that will not change the fact that I am TIRED of seeing her every time I turn on the TV, and I am sick of hearing every time she drops a deuce. She is over-exposed, and that's the bottom line. She needs to disappear for a few years, or possibly get on teh news for something worthwhile, like the aforementioned saving of puppies from burning buildings...
Life's short and hard, like a body-building elf - Bloodhound Gang
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote dEd Grimley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 13 2009 at 9:10am
I don't see her that much anymore, in general. She's not on ET every 5 minutes, or on every magazine cover. She seems to be laying relatively low.
I can't say that I exactly support her "BFF" shows, though. That's a... pretty terrible idea. A reality show to make friends? And you don't feel sorry for her?
-Iron helps us play-
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote CriticalFrank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 13 2009 at 10:46am
Someone who has gone out of their way to show up everywhere tehy can. Taking over the news, showing up in every gossip rag known to man, and having absolutely no talent to back up this attention... Why should I feel sorry for her? If anything, I should feel sorry for the American Public that for some reason has been hypnotized into giving a damn about this attention-whoring wannabe.
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote dEd Grimley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 13 2009 at 1:04pm
But my point was that she's stopped. And in order to make friends, she apparently needs a reality show to do it, ie can't make close friends in her real/personal life.
-Iron helps us play-
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote CriticalFrank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 14 2009 at 12:25am
I wouldn't want to be friends with someone who is a notorious attention whore. With my luck, she'd drag me down into her world of constant publicity, and I don't want to be in that place.
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote dEd Grimley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 14 2009 at 9:15am
I'd like to be a Sean Penn type, where they know if they take my picture, I'll punch them in the face.
-Iron helps us play-
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote CriticalFrank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 14 2009 at 4:46pm
Then they sue you, and it's all over.
Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 15 2009 at 10:14am

Originally posted by dEd Grimley

I don't see her that much anymore, in general. She's not on ET every 5 minutes, or on every magazine cover. She seems to be laying relatively low.
I can't say that I exactly support her "BFF" shows, though. That's a... pretty terrible idea. A reality show to make friends? And you don't feel sorry for her?

I think Kim Kardashian has taken the title of "North America's #1 Attention Whore" away from Paris Hilton. Kim's on E! every 5 seconds, and is on every magazine cover she can get. Not to mention she updates the world on what's going on in her life, from starting feuds with anyone who talks smack about her in the media, to showing off pictures of her sunburn. That, and she's copied every step of Paris' "career", ie. sex tape, reality show, appear at events for no reason, star in unwatchable movie. So at this rate, it's only a matter of time before she's collecting Razzies by the handfuls as well.

RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote CriticalFrank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 15 2009 at 11:56am
You know, to be fair, I've seen a lot less of this Kardashian person then I ever saw of Paris... Maybe my boycott of E! has actually done some good, then... Although I still read headlines at Yahoo and a couple different movie sites.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>