Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > FORUM DISCUSSIONS of Specific 2014 Titles > LEGEND OF HERCULES in 3-D
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Reviews of LEGEND of HERCULES in 3-D

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Berry Important MODERATOR

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote HeadRAZZBerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Reviews of LEGEND of HERCULES in 3-D
    Posted: January 03 2014 at 6:42pm
When crix finally lay eyes on this muscle-bound mook-fest, we expect they'll tear Ol' Herky limb-from-limb...

Here's a Rotten Tomatoes LINK to see if we were right about LEGEND OF HERCULES.

Ye Olde Head RAZZberry
oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 09 2014 at 6:39am
JeremyJahns review:  

RESPONSe from Head RAZZberry: Hilarious! As usual, watching Jahns' review may be more entertaining than seeing the movie. Also, it's good to one of our Worst of the Weak picks this early in the year be validated before it's been released...

Elizabeth Hartman and Judith Barsi are more talented and beautiful than Scarlett Johansson and Chloe Grace Moretz. Fact.

Worst Supporting Actor: Brendan Fraser/Gimme Shelter and The Nut Job

oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 10 2014 at 5:11am
ChrisStuckmann's review, which references Hercules in New York, Schwarzenegger's first movie:

Elizabeth Hartman and Judith Barsi are more talented and beautiful than Scarlett Johansson and Chloe Grace Moretz. Fact.

HeadRAZZBerry View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote HeadRAZZBerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 10 2014 at 6:37am
UPDATE from Head RAZZberry: This morning's L.A. Times acknowledges that LEGEND OF HERCULES was "not screened for critics" and that their review would thus be delayed. Meanwhile, Rotten Tomatoes (LINK) has started this film off w/a PERFECT ZERO rating, based on both trade papers (Variety and Hollywood Reporter) having given it wretched reviews.

As far as we're concerned, if this film had been made with the intention of "winning" RAZZIES®, it couldn't be off to a better start! 

Ye Olde Head RAZZberry
oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 10 2014 at 6:38am
HeadRAZZ, do you think that this might be our Worst Picture winner?

moviecritic1994 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviecritic1994 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 10 2014 at 6:59am
It's way too early to tell Oiram, but I wouldn't doubt it being a Worst Picture contender.
If you care to find me, Look to the Western Sky :)

Post Options Post Options   Quote HeadRAZZBerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 10 2014 at 7:42am
RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: I gottta go with what moviecreitic1994 said -- Itz ludicrously early to be trying to predict RAZZIE® results for a year from now. 

My only disappointment so far regarding HERCULES: One of the trade paper critics said it wasn't "campy bad," just horribly written and directed. I sure hope he's wrong!
Ye Olde Head RAZZberry
oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 10 2014 at 8:43am
SchmoesKnow review:

Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 10 2014 at 11:12am
You can follow me @Vits_Chile
SchumacherH8ter View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 10 2014 at 2:31pm
I'm the Goddamn Batman.-All-Star Batman And Robin #2
https://twitter.com/Scott_DAgostino
Upcoming reviews: http://www.razzies.com/forum/topic7513.html
Up-next: Winter's Tale
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 10 2014 at 3:26pm
R.T. (0-5%): "Cheap-looking, poorly acted, and dull, the film is neither fun enough to qualify as an action movie nor absorbing enough to work on a dramatic level".

Post Options Post Options   Quote HeadRAZZBerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2014 at 6:27am
UPDATE from Head RAZZberry: As expected, the L.A. Times' "delayed" review of this film gives it a thorough (and often amusing) trashing, comparing it unfavorably to previous versions (including the 1983 RAZZIE® "winning" Lou Ferrigno/Cannon Films remake) and calling it onto the carpet for its many lapses in "mythical accuracy." 

Here's the LINK to read the entire Times review...ENJOY!  

Ye Olde Head RAZZberry
oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2014 at 9:11am
Aw, Times didn't mention Hercules in New York .

Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 19 2014 at 1:23pm
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 27 2014 at 2:27pm
Leopoldo Muńoz (2/7): "Unless there are 2 hunks fighting, the movie drags. Not even the love drama or the family conflict can create any kind of climax. Another obstacle that keeps one from being invested enough in the story is the artificial enviroment. Everything looks and feels fake and superimposed. Obviously that affects the attention of the viewer, who never knows whether they're watching a movie or a video-game".
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 28 2014 at 8:57am
Diego Muńoz (2/5): "300 did a terrible thing to the Swords & Sandals sub-genre. With it's style, slow motion shots and videogame-like violence, it brought a strong wave of copycats. [...] The plot is an excuse to make hunks fight each other, and that's when the movie actually has its moments. Specially when the camera focuses on the talented Scott Adkins, a martial arts celebrity. May Zeus forgive me, but there's just no life in this movie".
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>