Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > DISCUSSIONS & INFO on 2013 RAZZIE® TITLES > SECRET LIFE of WALTER MITTY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Reviews of WALTER MITTY '13

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Berry Important MODERATOR
Berry Important MODERATOR

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote HeadRAZZBerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Reviews of WALTER MITTY '13
    Posted: December 30 2013 at 8:00am
Bad word-of-mouth on this remake of WALTER MITTY got started early -- It's makers were so over-confident, they screened it months before its Christmas release date...and those reviews were about 70% negative. 

In the end, it did wind up being rated "ROTTEN" at RT -- But what was the final verdict? Here's a Rotten Tomatoes LINK to find out...

Ye Olde Head RAZZberry
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 30 2013 at 8:19am
R.T. (45-50%): "The film doesn't lack for ambition, but it fails to back up its grand designs with enough substance to anchor the spectacle".

WHAT THE FLICK?!'s review:

You can follow me @Vits_Chile
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 05 2014 at 11:14am
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 07 2014 at 11:41am
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 19 2014 at 1:23pm
When it comes to reviews in Spanish that are way too long for me to translate, do you mind if I just post the links? I'm sure some of you speak Spanish or at least can use a dictionary (physical or online) while reading. Of course, that's only if you're interested in it. I think you're gonna be interested in Javier Porta Fouz's review, where he compares Stiller to Michael Haneke.
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 23 2014 at 7:46am
Leopoldo Muńoz (5/7): "This release coincides with the recent changes in cinema (Paramount won't use celuloid to project movies anymore). The overwhelming breakthrough of the virtual over the physical is present in this tale. [...] The script may feel over-written. There are no missing links in it, and the special effects and the persistence of some concepts (like the motto of Life magazine) weigh down the artistic side of the film. However, this story ends up being one of the most creative bets of Stiller, a director you shouldn't underestimate. [...] A smart warning about how life can go to sh*t between so much siege of apps, Instagram, Facebook, Twitter and whichever other novelties for the comfortable people".
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 24 2014 at 12:07pm
Antonio Martínez (3/5): "Far superior to the 1947 version, which was a simple, basic and silly story, just like most of Danny Kaye's comedies. As an actor, he was unbearable (one of the few exceptions being A SONG IS BORN). [...] The movie has a collage or graffiti feeling to it, like it was a fleeting and trivial story. And that's what makes it a fragile and light movie... at the beginning at least. As it progresses, it starts to take itself more seriously".
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 09 2014 at 9:17am
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 12 2014 at 1:38pm
My review (I compare this and the 1947 version (skip to 06:54)):

Post Reply Post Reply