Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > DISCUSSIONS & INFO on 2013 RAZZIE® TITLES > Members' DISCUSSIONS of Potential 2013 Choices: 47 RONIN
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Reviews on 47 RONIN

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Berry Important MODERATOR
Berry Important MODERATOR

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote HeadRAZZBerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Reviews on 47 RONIN
    Posted: December 30 2013 at 7:06am
Wouldn't it have been amusing if this film's TomatoMeter number had been 47? 

Well, it isn't -- It's more like 12! Here's a Rotten Tomatoes LINK to see the current number for 47 RONIN...

Ye Olde Head RAZZberry
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 30 2013 at 8:16am
R.T. (10%): "A surprisingly dull fantasy adventure, one that leaves its talented international cast stranded within one dimensional roles".
You can follow me @Vits_Chile
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 31 2013 at 4:29pm
Jeremy Jahns' review:

Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 23 2014 at 7:50am
Leopoldo Muńoz (3/7): "The work of inexperienced director Carl Erick Rinsch entertains and seduces, mainly because of the fight choreographies and the attractive production design. But overall, the film does a half-assed job with the main characters' conflicts. KAI is practically a "character in the air", which means that the viewer is in charge of figuring out his motivations".
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 24 2014 at 12:13pm
Diego Muńoz (2/5): "A movie that doesn't decide on whether to recreate the japanese tale like it was a historical movie, or, to turn it into a fantasy and use special effects LORD OF THE RINGS style... but with samurais. [...] While there is a lot to admire if you're into period costumes and sets, the story is bogged down by its own seriousness and excess of characters. Out of the 47 ronin, you can only distinguish five or six. The movie is a failed ambitious exercise. Too bad. If we were living in the Feudal Japan, the director would probably be punished with spukku. But no need to be so antiquated".
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 23 2014 at 11:18am
 Post Reply Post Reply