Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > 31st Annual RAZZIE® Award Nominees & "WINNERS" > SEX & THE CITY, TOO
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Reviews on SEX & THE CITY #2

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Berry Important MODERATOR
Berry Important MODERATOR

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote HeadRAZZBerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Reviews on SEX & THE CITY #2
    Posted: May 22 2010 at 5:52pm
Apparently anticipating being slammed by most male movie crix (i.e. most movie crix) this one wasn't widely pre-screened for the press. 

Once reviews did come in, they were quite vicious. Here's a MetaCritic LINK and an R.T. LINK to see how much wrath crix flung at this celebration of all things bling: SEX & THE CITY, TOO...  

UPDATE: As of 3:54pm/PST on Tuesday, May 25 (about 72 hours before the film's opening) and with 8 reviews counted, this had a PERFECT ZERO RATING at R.T.
Ye Olde Head RAZZberry
dortonx7 View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote dortonx7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 26 2010 at 11:10am
Hey.........I have not seen this movie but yes, I have seen this show on television many times and I like the show. Thanks.

BurnHollywoodBurn View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 26 2010 at 2:29pm
Well, that's all nice and all, but as the reviews will tell you, the movie is nowhere near the quality of what the HBO series was.
The Four Horsemen of the Moviepocalypse: uncalled for sequels/remakes/reboots, 3-D surcharges, untalented "celebrities", and anything with Michael Bay's name attached to it.
saturnwatcher View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote saturnwatcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 26 2010 at 3:23pm

Once upon a time, the movie industry used to look down at television as an inferior brand of entertainment. Now that are smooching its backside. How times have changed.

Nine times out of ten, in art as in life, there is no truth to be discovered, only an error to be exposed.--H.L. Menken
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 26 2010 at 9:26pm
Yeah, it is funny how television is suddenly being viewed as the superior art form of the two, or at least, the lesser of two evils! 
The Four Horsemen of the Moviepocalypse: uncalled for sequels/remakes/reboots, 3-D surcharges, untalented "celebrities", and anything with Michael Bay's name attached to it.
GTAHater767 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote GTAHater767 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 26 2010 at 9:39pm
I should've expected you'd say that. It seems people around where I live know more about the latest TV shows than films. For every 1 person who mentions films to me, I have to bring up the topic of cinema to at least 5 others before they can talk.
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 27 2010 at 1:45pm
Well, with the Fall TV Season just around the corner, there's much to talk about when it comes to television. With movies, what's there really to talk about...besides re-living the '80s?
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote GTAHater767 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 27 2010 at 3:02pm
Maybe the case in September and October, but you know what they say about films released in November and December!
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 27 2010 at 4:49pm
Well, November and December are when Hollywood unloads its "Oscar bait" all at once. But even then, this year we still have '80s rehashes like "Tron". 
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote GTAHater767 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 27 2010 at 7:26pm
What's to say that Tron: Legacy and other 80's rehashings won't be made up for with all the high-quality movies that aim for the Oscars?
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 27 2010 at 9:22pm
Well, I'm sure "Tron" will be a top contender for the Oscars' visual effects, since it's head and shoulders above the effects of the original movie ... but that's not saying much, considering the 28 year gap in technological advances. Hell, 28 years from now, "Avatar" will be dated by the standards of the future.
cvcjr13 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote cvcjr13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 29 2010 at 8:34am
What are you talking about?  Forget 28 years.  At the rate we've been advancing technologically, in one year Avatar's special effects will probably seem ho-hum, maybe even dated.
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 29 2010 at 10:31am
With James Cameron and his quest to always one-up himself, I wouldn't be surprised if tried to top his own more with something that has even more detailed effects to it.
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote GTAHater767 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 29 2010 at 1:00pm

And what's wrong with... ambition to self-surpassment?

RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 29 2010 at 1:34pm
Well, if you mean having "Avatar" re-released with only 9 extra minutes added to it just to make some more money, I think that's Cameron being a little full of himself.
ziesha View Drop Down
Berry Important Member
Berry Important Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote ziesha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 11 2010 at 11:28pm
Originally posted by dortonx7

Hey.........I have not seen this movie but yes, I have seen this show on television many times and I like the show. Thanks.

I also use to watch that show but must say after reading reviews you'll get to know more !
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>