Forum Home Forum Home > DISCUSSIONS & INFO on 2013 RAZZIE® TITLES > THE FAMILY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Reviews on THE FAMILY

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Berry Important MODERATOR
Berry Important MODERATOR

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote HeadRAZZBerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Reviews on THE FAMILY
    Posted: September 17 2013 at 7:19am
About 2 out of 3 critics didn't care for THE FAMILY -- Isn't that about the average number who don't really like their own families??  Here's an R.T. LINK to see if reviews continue to run 2/3 negative...  

Ye Olde Head RAZZberry
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 17 2013 at 11:35am
Jeremy Jahns' review...  

...and WHAT THE FLICK's review: 

You can follow me @Vits_Chile
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 17 2013 at 11:36am
R.T. (30-35%): "The film's fitfully funny and impeccably cast, but it also suffers from an overly familiar setup and a number of jarring tonal shifts".
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 29 2014 at 6:42am
Gabriel Bahamondes (3/7): "Although Besson has a lot of moments of narrative lucidity, he loses the way without getting the necessary comedic tone, leaving several sub-plots drifting. What Besson does best is parodying the gangster genre with a couple of good ideas. One of the coolest moments is when DeNiro's character discusses scenes from GOODFELLAS with a bunch of people".
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 30 2014 at 9:16am
Antonio Martinez (2/5): "It takes too long for the movie to put the pieces in order, to explain the game board and to give the game match some drama. [...] Pfeiffer is 55, but one could say that her best moments and performances are yet to come. [...] At one point, Besson fell into the category "Successful producer, irrelevant writer/director". We expect little from him and we receive little from him".
 Post Reply Post Reply