Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > FORUM DISCUSSIONS of Specific 2014 Titles > TRANNIES #4 - Age of Ex-STINK-tion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Reviews on TRANNIES #4

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote JacobD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Reviews on TRANNIES #4
    Posted: July 11 2014 at 9:36pm
Fine, how's this for a year end worst list (so far),

Worst Picture- Trannies #4, need I say more?

Worst Director- (Wally Pfister) Transcendence

Worst Actress- (Melissa McCarthy) Tammy --It would also serve as a great I.O.U. for last year's wretched "comedy" Identity Thief.

Worst Actor- (Johnny Depp) Transcendence -- Katie Holmes was nominated for Batman Begins, Quentin Tarantino was nominated for From Dusk Till Dawn, and Heather Donahue actually WON for The Blair Witch Project (which was inexplicably nominated for Worst Picture), so don't tell me Andrew Garfield isn't just as deserving for TASM2-----IF NOT MORE SO--than those actors for those movies. Just because a movie doesn't get universally hated (as in TASM2) or in the cases of the above mentioned, universally BELOVED doesn't mean there aren't undeniably horrible elements to them.
Depp however, is my second choice for being more lifeless than most technology today. And for sucking in Alice in UNDERLAND.

Worst Supporting Actress (Nicola Peltz) Trannies #4

Worst Supporting Actor (Morgan Freeman)Transcendence, Dolphin Tale 2, and Besson's Lucy

Worst Screenplay- (Ehren Kruger) Trannies #4

Any supporters for THESE candidates........... come on guys, I toned it down.

P.S. Anyone who got the UNDERLAND reference gets a cyber-hug from me!
oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Online
Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 12 2014 at 5:41am
Have you forgotten about Megan Fox?

I'm pretty sure she'll be the front runner for Worst Actress this year.
Elizabeth Hartman and Judith Barsi are more talented and beautiful than Scarlett Johansson and Chloe Grace Moretz. Fact.

Worst Supporting Actor: Brendan Fraser/Gimme Shelter and The Nut Job

Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 12 2014 at 1:14pm
You're right that bad performances can be nominated despite being in a good movie (I've debated about it with GTA for years). But I just didn't hate Garfield's performance. And yes, I got the ALICE IN WONDERLAND reference.

I agree with your nominations for TRANSCENDENCE (except for Morgan Freeman). I haven't seen TRANSFORMERS PART 4 nor TAMMY so I can't comment on that.

You can follow me @Vits_Chile
JacobD View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote JacobD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 12 2014 at 10:16pm
Megan Foxes BAYTURTLES hasn't come out yet so I can't judge.

And Vits, when you see Tammy and especially when you see Bayformers #4 tell me if you think they deserve anything. I saw Bayformers but didn't see Tammy because the trailer looked worse than Grown Ups 2.

Also: Cillian Murphy's character was more bland than Freeman's. I wanted Morgan because he actually has 3 bad movies out this year (One of which is an obvious rip-off of Limitless) instead of just 1!!! But I suppose Cillian would be a fair substitute.
GTAHater767 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote GTAHater767 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 13 2014 at 12:05am
To JacobD: Regarding The Blair Witch Project. I wouldn't have voted for it for Worst Picture either. But I oscillate between two mindsets between it and the RAZZIES. On one end, I ask, "Why the (censored) couldn't Baby Geniuses, Wing Commander, or 8MM have replaced it as a Worst Picture runner-up?" On the other end, I believe that The Blair Witch Project was RAZZed on a matter of principle. Voters back then wanted little more than to punish the LIARS who scammed filmgoers on the idea that it was based on a true story about 3 student filmmakers who mysteriously disappeared. It even got its own FALSE orb at the urban legend reference site snopes under Horrors and Supernatural Tales! Oh, and speaking of 1999 Worst Picture runners-up that didn't earn their nominations, none of the three I'd have voted for could beat Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace because even though Jar Jar Binks doesn't represent the entirety of critics' opinions on it, it was so heavily hyped up as a 16-years-later prequel to one of the most legendary film trilogies ever made, then burned people who were expecting the next A New Hope to a crisp! And our past voters RAZZed the Hell out of it for being in the shadow of Star Wars' original trilogy. It's still a complete mystery why Big Daddy got so RAZZed though.

To Vits: You say you've debated it with me for years, but you come off as suspiciously deep in favor of "loving the film and hating the act". If we never nominated good and average films for the acting categories again, and stuck to all bad performances in bad films, what's the most we could stand to lose, and what other bad thing could come of it? Maybe the answer to that question will explain it in words I'll understand.
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 13 2014 at 11:31am
The most we could lose would be awarding a performance that isn't actually the worst. Next thing you know, people start talking trash about the Razzies the same way they do with the Oscars.
You can follow me @Vits_Chile
JacobD View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote JacobD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 13 2014 at 11:31pm
Dear Vits,

People already DO talk about the razzies the same way they do the Oscars. Why was Sucker Punch and Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close shut out at the razzies? Why was Touch of Evil and Scott Pilgrim vs. the World shut out at the Oscars. Neither awards are perfect.

And GTAH8r,

What you refer to as the blair witch filmmakers "lying to us" I think of as one of the most clever and ingenious marketing ploys in the history of cinema. I also agree that Baby Genuises would have been a MUCH MUCH MUCH preferable choice seeing as how its at 2 percent on rotten tomatoes whereas The Blair Witch Project is at EIGHTY-FREAKING-SEVEN PERCENT!!!!!!! I'm sorry, but there is simply no defending that MASTERPIECE as a Worst Picture nominee. Not now, not ever, for whatever reason.
JacobD View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote JacobD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 13 2014 at 11:33pm
Although Vits,

I do appreciate that unlike the Oscars, I myself am able to vote on the Razzies for the worst of the year.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12