Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General MOVIE & DVD Discussions > Talk Amongst Yourselves
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Ronni Chasen's Murder...

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote cvcjr13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Ronni Chasen's Murder...
    Posted: November 18 2010 at 8:03am

Here's the CNN article for 18 Nov 2010 on Ronni Chasen's murder.  As said over at the early discussion thread for Burlesque, she was the publicist for Diane Warren, who wrote the ballad "You Haven't Seen the Last of Me" for the movie's soundtrack.  According to the new CNN article, she was also representing Burlesque producer Donald De Line.

You all might know her client Diane Warren for writing Cher's hits "If I Could Turn Back Time" and "Just Like Jesse James", as well as Aerosmith's "I Don't Want To Miss A Thing", which was featured in Armaggedon.  That song was nominated for an Oscar, and she's garnered five other Oscar nominations over the years:

"There You'll Be" for Pearl Harbor
"Music Of My Heart" for Music of the Heart
"How Do I Live" for Con Air (recorded by Trisha Yearwood for the movie, and made into a huge hit by Leann Rimes)
"Because You Loved Me" for Up Close And Personal (a big hit for Celine Dion)
"Nothing's Gonna Stop Us Now" for Mannequin (a big hit for Starship)

Aside from the songs already mentioned,  she wrote many, many other hits:  "Un-Break My Heart" for Toni Braxton, "Have You Ever?" for Brandy, "Look Away" for Chicago, "For You I Will" for Monica, "Blame It On The Rain" for Milli Vanilli, "Don't Turn Around" for Ace of Base, "When I See You Smile" by Bad English, "Love Will Lead You Back" by Taylor Dayne and "I Turn To You" by Christina Aguilera.

Seeing as Warren wrote hits for Cher and Christina Aguilera in the past, it seems a foregone conclusion she would provide a song for Burlesque.

Going back to Chasen, she not only worked on the Oscar campaigns for best picture winners On Golden Pond and Driving Miss Daisy, but more recently she worked on the campaigns for Slumdog Millionaire and The Hurt Locker.  She worked on Oscar campaigns which produced the best picture awards seven times.

oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 18 2010 at 9:11am

Why are you bringing this up? Even if this didn't happen, it's unlikely that she would get a razz nom.

Elizabeth Hartman and Judith Barsi are more talented and beautiful than Scarlett Johansson and Chloe Grace Moretz. Fact.

Worst Supporting Actor: Brendan Fraser/Gimme Shelter and The Nut Job

BurnHollywoodBurn View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 18 2010 at 4:34pm
I think cvcjr is suggesting that now the said Cher/Aguilera movie stands even less chance of getting Oscar buzz of any sort...  

The Four Horsemen of the Moviepocalypse: uncalled for sequels/remakes/reboots, 3-D surcharges, untalented "celebrities", and anything with Michael Bay's name attached to it.
 Post Reply Post Reply