Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > 31st Annual RAZZIE® Award Nominees & "WINNERS" > GROWN UPS
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Round Up the Usual Suspects...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
Author
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Round Up the Usual Suspects...
    Posted: June 30 2010 at 11:01am
Yeah, that's probably why Sandler's company is called "Happy Madison". There are many days when I wish he did start his career with "Big Daddy" and "Little Nicky", then his career might have gone the way of Pauly Shore's ... considering they are of equal talent: none!    

Originally posted by dEd Grimley

Ya know what? Sandler's most memorable movies are Billy Madison, and Happy Gilmore. Trying to act? No. He reinvented stupid comedy. Then he started trying to get serious about everything. And it all went downhill. Even as his movies have made more (and then less) money, nothing has ever had the impact of those first couple of movies. Those are the movies that a generation can go back and quote for the rest of their lives. 
Now, they weren't "good" movies... plenty of plot, character, etc. to infinity complaints... but those movies are why we know who Adam Sandler is. If he'd started with... Big Daddy and Little Nicky and all of that crap, he'd have never broken out.
The Four Horsemen of the Moviepocalypse: uncalled for sequels/remakes/reboots, 3-D surcharges, untalented "celebrities", and anything with Michael Bay's name attached to it.
saturnwatcher View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote saturnwatcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 30 2010 at 3:39pm
AH CRAP! You had to go and drop Pauley Shore's name didn't you? Now Sandler is going to be seeking him out to star in the next Happy Madison Production!
Nine times out of ten, in art as in life, there is no truth to be discovered, only an error to be exposed.--H.L. Menken
BurnHollywoodBurn View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 30 2010 at 5:15pm
And of course, since you HAD to post that idea, now it WILL happen!  
The Four Horsemen of the Moviepocalypse: uncalled for sequels/remakes/reboots, 3-D surcharges, untalented "celebrities", and anything with Michael Bay's name attached to it.
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 03 2010 at 2:51pm
The concensus has been made:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aS2FJRTG22A
You can follow me @Vits_Chile
petcart View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote petcart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 01 2010 at 9:20am
This movie is sooo good. I watched it with my girlfriend, and we were laughing so much.
Super! I can suggest it to everyone who like comedies ;)
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 01 2010 at 2:58pm
Originally posted by petcart

This movie is sooo good. I watched it with my girlfriend, and we were laughing so much.
Super! I can suggest it to everyone who like comedies ;)
To each his own, I suppose. One man's trash is another man's treasure. Except in MWG's case, in which all trash is treasure.
GTAHater767 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote GTAHater767 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 01 2010 at 10:05pm

Little Nicky, Chuck & Larry, and You Don't Mess With the Zohan were one thing, but please, not Grown-Ups!

Happy Gilmore may not have been a bad movie, but now too many of those who liked it think Sandler's infallible.
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 02 2010 at 6:56pm
Originally posted by GTAHater767

Little Nicky, Chuck & Larry, and You Don't Mess With the Zohan were one thing, but please, not Grown-Ups!
Happy Gilmore may not have been a bad movie, but now too many of those who liked it think Sandler's infallible.
Wait, are you defending "Grown-Ups"? Because this is a tough crowd to sell that idea to ... without invading our dreams and planted the idea there.
moviewizguy View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviewizguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 23 2010 at 9:37pm
This movie was stupid...but that was to be expected. The movie had a good idea with the whole family get together thing.
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 25 2010 at 9:03am
Originally posted by moviewizguy

This movie was stupid...but that was to be expected. The movie had a good idea with the whole family get together thing.
I hope you don't mean little children, not with Sandler and company's blue humor.
GTAHater767 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote GTAHater767 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 25 2010 at 1:01pm

No, I'm not defending Grown-Ups. Perhaps I should've put it into context for you more clearly; See, here's the problem: Little Nicky, I Now Pronounce You Chuck & Larry, and You Don't Mess With the Zohan were all on my Worst-of lists for their respective years. It turns out I'm the ONE person in my high school or college who doesn't like those three movies. Everyone just keeps praising it whenever I show them my Worst-of lists. It turns out that they'll just eat up anything if it stars Adam Sandler. Then comes Grown-Ups, which I MUST expect will get nominated for Worst Picture. It was bad enough my colleagues raved about Zohan, Chuck & Larry, and Nicky, but if they show the same love for Grown-Ups, I'm going to question their integrity. I cannot just stand by and let them eat this one up; I must think of a way to treat the problem!

And I believe moviewizguy thought the family gathering related plot was the only good thing about this film.
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 25 2010 at 2:36pm
Originally posted by BurnHollywoodBurn

I hope you don't mean little children, not with Sandler and company's blue humor.
I know you guys don't like when I mention awards like the Kids's Choice Awards because they lack credibility.But I should point out Adam Sandler has won "Favorite Actor" and "Favorite Movie" in the past,even if they were PG-13.Kids like him.
You can follow me @Vits_Chile
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 25 2010 at 2:55pm
Originally posted by Vits

I know you guys don't like when I mention awards like the Kids's Choice Awards because they lack credibility.But I should point out Adam Sandler has won "Favorite Actor" and "Favorite Movie" in the past,even if they were PG-13.Kids like him.
Of course kids love him, they are the only people who find him funny. Them, or anyone with an IQ the same as their show size.
Film Reel Redemption View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Film Reel Redemption Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 26 2010 at 12:38am
I have the same problem GTAHater, my cousin is 18 and he praises anything that the Razzies have nominated in the past (with the exception of Drag Me to Hell), Adam Sandler's 'The Waterboy' is one of them, and bashes anything classic or good (like Psycho (1960) for example). Then again, to quote BHB, 'one man's trash is another man's treasure'.
You see in this filmmaking world there's two types of people my friend. Those with the knowledge of film and those who think they do but really don't.
Film Reel Redemption View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Film Reel Redemption Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 26 2010 at 7:10am
'with the exception of Drag Me to Hell'

By this I mean, it's only thing he's praised that isn't Razzie material
You see in this filmmaking world there's two types of people my friend. Those with the knowledge of film and those who think they do but really don't.
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 26 2010 at 10:21am
Originally posted by Film Reel Redemption

I have the same problem GTAHater, my cousin is 18 and he praises anything that the Razzies have nominated in the past, Adam Sandler's 'The Waterboy' is one of them, and bashes anything classic or good (like Psycho (1960) for example).
Sounds like your cousin and MWG would get along perfectly!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>