Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > FORUMS on 28th Annual RAZZIE® "Winners" > I KNOW WHO KILLED ME...
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

R.T. Reviews for I KNOW WHO...

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Berry Important MODERATOR

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote HeadRAZZBerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: R.T. Reviews for I KNOW WHO...
    Posted: July 27 2007 at 9:05am

As of this posting (2pm/PST on July 27) the Approval Number at Rotten Tomatoes for this film was a nice round...ZERO! Here's a LINK to the R.T. page for I KNOW WHO KILLED ME, so you, too, can know just how much critics  loathe Lindsay Lohan's latest... 

Ye Olde Head RAZZberry
HeadRAZZBerry View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote HeadRAZZBerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 27 2007 at 9:45am

Even funnier than the "professional" reviews at RT are this film's "User Comments" at IMDb, which almost universally predict this will be one of the year's Berry Biggest Box Office Bombs. Several of them even suggest it may have a future as a Camp Classic in the tradition of SHOWGIRLS.

Here's a LINK to the User Comments page for I KNOW WHO, so you can read 'em and weep...with laughter! 

Ye Olde Head RAZZberry
tomsmobr View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote tomsmobr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 27 2007 at 1:58pm

As of 7:07pm/PST on July 27, it's at 8%. Still nothing to cheer about...

Response from Head RAZZberry: And still clearly parked in RAZZIE Territory. Or in Lindsay's case, should that be "chased and crashed in RAZZIE Territory"... 

Brierfox View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Brierfox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 02 2007 at 7:51am
The first thing you think of when judging any thriller or mystery,  is how long did it take me to know "who done it".    The real thrill comes from suddenly finding out that your preconceptions were wrong and now you and the victim are both in danger.
All good mystery writers know how to pace their action to produce the most chills.   Directors like Hitchcock were masters at deceiving their audiences and scaring the heck out of them!

But Hollywood has a nasty habit of ruining perfectly good mysteries by showing the killer first then concentrating on finding the killer before he kills again.  Or, in the case of "I Know Who Killed Me",  the killer leaves the studio out of boredom and goes home. 
Most good mysteries might show the crime being committed, with a clue or two that might be helpful later on.  A really good mystery will let you in on details in the same order that the detective or star/victim learns them.  This is partly why a TV show like CSI is successful.
Of course, they use real actors and actresses on CSI.

So Lindsay  right off the bat is the star of a dumb Hollywood thriller!
Add the fact the killer is more of a bad dresser than scary, and poor Lindsay is left with nothing to do.  We know who the killer is, we know what LL has to do to avoid the same fate, and we know that when the music volume rises, the killer will be close by.
In a word: B-O-R-I-N-G!

Maybe for the Razzies, we should call this turkey "I Know Who Ruined My Career"?
"We aren't in Kansas anymore Toto... Toto??"
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 03 2010 at 2:11pm
According to Rotten Tomatoes,this movie got close on being on the "100 Worst Movies Of The Decade" list.But it got away.
You can follow me @Vits_Chile
 Post Reply Post Reply