Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > FORUMS on 2009 RELEASES > FAST & FURIOUS (2009)
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

R.T. Reviews on FAST, INJURIOUS

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Berry Important MODERATOR
Berry Important MODERATOR

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote HeadRAZZBerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: R.T. Reviews on FAST, INJURIOUS
    Posted: March 30 2009 at 2:51am

Whadda Ser-Prize! They only pre-screen this for critics at the last minute...

Here's a LINK to see just how fast crix get furious once they finally do see FAST & FURIOUS (2009)...

Ye Olde Head RAZZberry
MiguelAntilsu View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote MiguelAntilsu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 31 2009 at 2:49pm

I just had a look at the ratings and all I had to say to the critics was, "Oh, you are just the worst type of people!"

RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: I assume you're reacting to the first 7 reviews being entirely NEGATIVE (giving the film that hardest-to-maintain of RT Approval Ratings, a PERFECT ZERO).

But, seriously, MiguelAntilsu, did you think this movie would get anything but negative reviews??  Even you must realize F&F wasn't made to appeal to movie reviewers...

Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 31 2009 at 5:10pm

What, telling the truth makes them "the worst type of people"?

"Just once I want my life to be like an 80's movie ... but, no, no. John Hughes did not direct my life." ("Easy A", 2010)
CriticalFrank View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote CriticalFrank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 01 2009 at 12:16am

Of course, telling the truth and voicing your opinions is akin to being the devil.

But lying, and spouting praise for crappy movies, THAT my friend, is a virtue.

Life's short and hard, like a body-building elf - Bloodhound Gang
Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 01 2009 at 2:13am

...and it is a way of life, according to Miguel and MWG.

"Just once I want my life to be like an 80's movie ... but, no, no. John Hughes did not direct my life." ("Easy A", 2010)
dEd Grimley View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote dEd Grimley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 01 2009 at 3:01am
See, my problem is that I'm not really that into cars in the first place, so this whole franchise has nothing to offer me... Like, at all.
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote CriticalFrank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 01 2009 at 9:24am

Yeah... the lack of interest in cars definitely puts you outside of the movies prime demographic.

But it has Michelle Rodriguez -- That's gotta count for something. Although, I imagine the movie could do with a higher caliber of babe... someone like Jordan Brewster, perhaps?

However, if you are an ADHD Male, between the ages of 10 and 21, with an unhealthy obsession with cars (and/or Vin Diesel) then THIS is the movie for you! 

dEd Grimley View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote dEd Grimley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 01 2009 at 11:25am

I have a female friend who's 28 who's into these monstrosities for some reason. She's also a massive comic book dork, though, so I don't know what that means. Her favorite TV show of all time was... Fastlane, I think it was called. The one with the white dude, and Bill Bellamy, and Tiffany-Amber Thiessen. 

RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: Here's a LINK to the IMDb page for that series -- It was called FASTLANE, and apparently ran on the WB(?) in 2002-2003, winning an Emmy for Best Stunt Coordination. Interestingly, at least one User Comment on  the IMDb suggests the film may have been a rip-off of F&F...

-Iron helps us play-
Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 01 2009 at 4:09pm

Originally posted by CriticalFrank

But it has Michelle Rodriguez and Jordan Brewster.

Yes, but unless there's a full frontal nude, lesbian sex scene between the two of them, I couldn't care less. And even if that scene is in the movie, I'd still only rent it because such a scene is best enjoyed in the privacy of your our home.

RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote MiguelAntilsu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 01 2009 at 4:49pm

Let me straighten you guys out for a minute:

1. These critics are not telling the truth, they are voicing their opinions (most of them hate it because they forget what the series is about: open road car racing and dangerous stunts).

2. I am not lying and praising what you call "crappy movies", I am voicing my opinion (do I need to type that "open mind" suggestion again in larger letters?).

3. No matter how much you hate it, people are still going to see it (besides, it looks better than next week's Worst of the Weak).

4. For your information CriticalFrank, I happen to fit all three of those categories (I bet you never knew that).

5. The only category this movie would fit in is Worst Prequel or Sequel, but we don't know what else could get nominated nor do we know how it is next to The Pink Panther 2 and Alvin and the Chipmunks 2.

I'll give the rest of the night and tomorrow morning to think it over.

Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 01 2009 at 4:58pm

There's a laugh out loud funny video of the Movie Preview Critic giving a dead-on impersonation of Miguel and moviewizguy if they were to review "Fast & Furious".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k4U0SaOYMWY

RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote CriticalFrank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 02 2009 at 12:00am
Originally posted by MiguelAntilsu

4. For your information CriticalFrank, I happen to fit all three of those categories (I bet you never knew that).

So, you have an unhealthy obsession with Vin Diesel?
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote MiguelAntilsu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 02 2009 at 12:21am

At least he made it sound serious even though it wasn't (I'll give him credit for that).  Hannah Montana: the Movie will probably get worse ratings: "Unworthy", "Career Life Support", "Sign of the Moviepocalypse", and I'll throw in "Sign of the Disneypocalypse", "You Know What You're Getting", "Rental Worthy", "Drinking Game", "Ka-ching", "Sadomasochistic", "Get the f**k Outta Here", "Kids Nag Parents", and "Big Screen Version of TV Show".

RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote CriticalFrank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 02 2009 at 9:59am
Originally posted by Michaels

But it has Michelle Rodriguez and Jordan Brewster.

Yes, but unless there's a full frontal nude, lesbian sex scene between the two of them, I couldn't care less. And even if that scene is in the movie, I'd still only rent it because such a scene is best enjoyed in the privacy of your our home.

Now that sounds like it would be a much more interesting movie... And while it might be the type of scene to enjoy in private... To see it on the big screen would be absolutely jaw-dropping.
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote MiguelAntilsu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 02 2009 at 4:31pm

So, you have an unhealthy obsession with Vin Diesel?

No, I have an unhealthy obsession with cars (F1, Indy, Nascar, etc.).

Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 03 2009 at 1:34am

Originally posted by MiguelAntilsu

No, I have an unhealthy obsession with cars (F1, Indy, Nascar, etc.).

Yes, I do recall the one time you wanted to rip my head off because I bad mouthed NASCAR. So yeah, that does explain why you're being quick to jump to the defense of a movie that's about car racing that is also nothing more than mindless eye candy.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>