Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > FORUMS on 30th RAZZIES Choices > G.I. JOE: THE RISE OF COBRA
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

R.T. Reviews on G.I. JOE

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Berry Important MODERATOR
Berry Important MODERATOR

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote HeadRAZZBerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: R.T. Reviews on G.I. JOE
    Posted: August 05 2009 at 3:32am

For the release of G.I. JOE, Paramount has initiated a clever new strategy where crix are concerned: By cherry-picking reviewers likely to be receptive to the film's Nine-Year-Old-Boy-Movie mentality, and pre-screening it for only those critics, they've managed to get a surprisingly high Approval Rating at R.T. (91% 48 hours before it opened).

When the rest of the crix get a load of it, we expect that number to drop -- possibly like a rock. Here's a LINK to the film's R.T. page to see if we're right... 

Ye Olde Head RAZZberry
Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 08 2009 at 11:27am
It's down to 37% on Saturday. Will it be down to 20% by next week?
dEd Grimley View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote dEd Grimley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 08 2009 at 2:21pm
Wasn't that... exactly what we said they were doing? Go us. We are smrt... I mean smart.
-Iron helps us play-
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Online
Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 17 2011 at 1:44pm
R.T. gave it 33%:"While fans of the Hasbro toy franchise may revel in a bit of nostalgia,the film is largely a cartoonish,over-the-top action fest propelled by silly writing,inconsistent visual effects,and merely passable performances".

Roger Ebert gave it * .5/****:"It is sure to be enjoyed by those whose movie appreciation is defined by the ability to discern that moving pictures and sound are being employed to depict violence".

Peter Travers gave it 0.5 */****:"I could load you up with more plot details,but this mercilessly incoherent,galactically stupid movie left me too numb to type".
You can follow me @Vits_Chile
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Online
Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 18 2014 at 12:06pm
My comment (skip to 01:55):

You can follow me @Vits_Chile
 Post Reply Post Reply