Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > FORUMS on 2009 RELEASES > ORPHAN
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed: R.T. Reviews on ORPHAN
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

R.T. Reviews on ORPHAN

 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Message
Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum


Joined: May 12 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2848
Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: R.T. Reviews on ORPHAN
    Posted: August 09 2009 at 3:14am
If you already know the twist before the movie, than it's not much of a twist, now is it?
Back to Top
dEd Grimley View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum


Joined: July 31 2008
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2024
Post Options Post Options   Quote dEd Grimley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 09 2009 at 8:13am
Originally posted by moviewizguy


Originally posted by dEd Grimley

Go ahead and enlighten me... Every bit of possible surprise I could get out of this movie has already been long since ruined for me, so why don't you explain why the context of something I anticipated is going to make it work for me?
I knew the twist before the movie...and I still thought the movie worked...well, that's just me. I don't know about you.


You're still not giving me this celestial alignment of a context.
-Iron helps us play-
Back to Top
moviewizguy View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum


Joined: January 23 2007
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2137
Post Options Post Options   Quote moviewizguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 09 2009 at 11:51am
Originally posted by Michaels

If you already know the twist before the movie, than it's not much of a twist, now is it?

You're judging not to watch a movie when you already know the twist ending. Just because you know a twist to a movie doesn't mean you shouldn't watch it.
Back to Top
moviewizguy View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum


Joined: January 23 2007
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2137
Post Options Post Options   Quote moviewizguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 09 2009 at 11:54am
Originally posted by dEd Grimley

Originally posted by moviewizguy


Originally posted by dEd Grimley

Go ahead and enlighten me... Every bit of possible surprise I could get out of this movie has already been long since ruined for me, so why don't you explain why the context of something I anticipated is going to make it work for me?
I knew the twist before the movie...and I still thought the movie worked...well, that's just me. I don't know about you.


You're still not giving me this celestial alignment of a context.

Why are you purposefully trying to ruin your enjoyment from this film? Honestly, why would ANYONE do that? If you know EVERY possible twist and turns in this movie, why did you look them up in the first place? It's like you're begging to get this movie trashed. I'm not surprised.

You never gave this movie a chance in the first place. Why should I even bother explaining everything to you? 52% is obviously higher than most movies listed on this site but you wouldn't care, even though you have seen Ice Age 3, which is lower than Orphan, but you still liked that film. What makes Orphan any different? You actually saw IA3 in theaters. You gave that movie a chance. But not this one. And it's nothing like The Good Son. I'm done.
Back to Top
dEd Grimley View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum


Joined: July 31 2008
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2024
Post Options Post Options   Quote dEd Grimley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 09 2009 at 11:42pm
And again, you're still not answering the question. When I saw the trailer, it looked lame. I looked at it and said, "She's gotta be a ghost or something... Not a real little girl"... That was just obvious to me. I came across the spoiler partly by accident. You've played the movie up as if it's The Omen, so it's clearly not going to meet my expectations.

And then once again, you're making stuff up again... When did I say I'd seen IA3? I said it was the same CGI animal movie as every other one, but I saw that about every CGI animal movie. I certainly never said that I saw it.
-Iron helps us play-
Back to Top
moviewizguy View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum


Joined: January 23 2007
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2137
Post Options Post Options   Quote moviewizguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 10 2009 at 9:38am
Originally posted by dEd Grimley

And again, you're still not answering the question. When I saw the trailer, it looked lame. I looked at it and said, "She's gotta be a ghost or something... Not a real little girl"... That was just obvious to me. I came across the spoiler partly by accident. You've played the movie up as if it's The Omen, so it's clearly not going to meet my expectations.

And then once again, you're making stuff up again... When did I say I'd seen IA3? I said it was the same CGI animal movie as every other one, but I saw that about every CGI animal movie. I certainly never said that I saw it.

Ok. I have to admit, I mixing every user on here up like I did when I said you liked The Uninvited when you said you didn't.
Back to Top
dEd Grimley View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum


Joined: July 31 2008
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2024
Post Options Post Options   Quote dEd Grimley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 10 2009 at 11:46am
I don't mean to come down on you on this, but there's mixing people up, pointing people to positive reviews that don't exist (I'm not talking about Orphan here) and the tendency to disagree with critical consensus... You've stopped being insulting (largely), but we still need to work on your credibility.
-Iron helps us play-
Back to Top
Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum


Joined: May 12 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2848
Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 10 2009 at 1:15pm

Originally posted by dEd Grimley

I don't mean to come down on you on this, but there's mixing people up, pointing people to positive reviews that don't exist (I'm not talking about Orphan here) and the tendency to disagree with critical consensus... You've stopped being insulting (largely), but we still need to work on your credibility.

Yeah, MWG, you ask why we always disagree with you, the answers are all listed right there.

Back to Top
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12

Forum Jump Forum Permissions View Drop Down