Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > FORUMS on NON-NOMINATED 2008 RELEASES w/LYNX! > TWILIGHT
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

R.T. Reviews on TWILIGHT

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Berry Important MODERATOR
Berry Important MODERATOR

Online Status: Online
Post Options Post Options   Quote HeadRAZZBerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: R.T. Reviews on TWILIGHT
    Posted: November 19 2008 at 8:18am
The critics were about evenly divided on whether this one -- like its main characters -- sucked.  Here's a LINK to the R.T. page for TWILIGHT... 
Ye Olde Head RAZZberry
mkp View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote mkp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 26 2010 at 9:49am
I have the feeling that rotten tomatoes have been doing a really wonderful job. They have always provided accurate assessment of movies. Whenever I hear about a new movie I will be checking at the site and then only I will go. A lot of my neighbors also regularly visit the site for information on movies. I think “Twilight” is a great movie. I watched it some time ago and in my view it is as good as Titanic. Catherine Hardwicke has made a really nice film.   
saturnwatcher View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote saturnwatcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 26 2010 at 11:37am
Quite honestly, I wouldn't make final judgements on whether or not to see a movie based on critical consensus, but sites like RT can provide valuable information.

Your comments on Twilight are apt to draw a lot of discussion here. There is a group among our regular contributors that seem to believe that the Twilight series is a sign of impending apocalypse, while others of us regard the series as a mediocre group of films directed at a specific, appreciative audience. I'm in the latter group, although I might agree with you that Twilight is as good as Titanic. But that is a reflection of my low regard for Titanic, not praise for Twilight.
Nine times out of ten, in art as in life, there is no truth to be discovered, only an error to be exposed.--H.L. Menken
BurnHollywoodBurn View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 26 2010 at 1:15pm
Originally posted by saturnwatcher

I might agree with you that Twilight is as good as Titanic. But that is a reflection of my low regard for Titanic, not praise for Twilight.
LOL Nice one! Clap 
The Four Horsemen of the Moviepocalypse: uncalled for sequels/remakes/reboots, 3-D surcharges, untalented "celebrities", and anything with Michael Bay's name attached to it.
 Post Reply Post Reply