Forum Home Forum Home > FORUMS on 2009 RELEASES > WHAT GOES UP
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

R.T. Reviews on WHAT GOES UP...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Berry Important MODERATOR
Berry Important MODERATOR

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote HeadRAZZBerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: R.T. Reviews on WHAT GOES UP...
    Posted: May 28 2009 at 2:59am

You might say this one's R.T. Rating (a Perfect Zero after 8 reviews) has pretty much gotta go "up" -- It can't berry well go down! 

Here's an R.T. LINK to see if WHAT GOES UP can hold onto 2009's Lowest Critical Rating (so far)...

Ye Olde Head RAZZberry
dEd Grimley View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote dEd Grimley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 01 2009 at 12:07pm
After making myself watch Ecks vs. Sever and being surprised that it got a perfect 0 (I mean, it was pretty bad, but it was still better than Disaster Movie or anything with Larry the Cable Guy in it... I mean, there were enough explosions to satisfy some idiots), I'm feeling compelled to see what truly deserves a perfect goose egg.
-Iron helps us play-
Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 01 2009 at 6:02pm
Well, "Ecks vs. Sever" got a zero from all of the hundreds of critics that saw it, and so far, this movie only had 8 reviews. Once it get a few hundred more, it might top "E vs. S".
CriticalFrank View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote CriticalFrank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 02 2009 at 4:59am
Do you honestly think this movie is going to get a couple hundred more reviews?
Life's short and hard, like a body-building elf - Bloodhound Gang
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote dEd Grimley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 02 2009 at 7:27am
WGU is up to at least 20 by my last check. And again, I have to wonder how EvS was rated THAT poorly. The ending and story made the rating believable, but with Lucy Liu and Antonio, and seemingly endless remote-detonation bombs, with all the silly slow-mo... I mean, again, even ONE dummy out there liked Disaster Movie.
-Iron helps us play-
Movie Man View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Movie Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 09 2009 at 4:37am
It finally went up, but not my much: the movie is now at 8% (two positive reviews out of 24)
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote dEd Grimley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 09 2009 at 12:14pm
The new positive review is far from glowing, too.
-Iron helps us play-
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote CriticalFrank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 09 2009 at 12:35pm
Are they reviews like "Well, My eyes weren't bleeding afterwards, so it can't be completely awful?" or "Well, it was better then the 14 hour root canal I had the day before. But that could have just been the pain meds."
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote dEd Grimley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 09 2009 at 12:45pm
It was something like, "Uneven and bad, but charming"
-Iron helps us play-
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote CriticalFrank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 10 2009 at 12:32am
Uneven and Bad.... yep, that sounds REALLY possitive, to me.
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote dEd Grimley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 10 2009 at 12:05pm
...FIIIINE, I'll give ther real full quote:

What Goes Up is an earnest morality tale. It's very uneven, but it also seems sincere.
-Iron helps us play-
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote CriticalFrank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 10 2009 at 12:24pm
Darn, that doesn't sound nearly as possitive... I liked the "uneven and bad" one better.
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote dEd Grimley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 10 2009 at 1:24pm
It's sincerely uneven. It made a conscious effort to try to be awkward and unwatchable.
-Iron helps us play-
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote CriticalFrank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 11 2009 at 12:01am
That seems like a very odd choice when making a movie, one would think watchabilty would be a major concern....
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote dEd Grimley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 13 2009 at 8:56am
Profitability>Everything else.

They're probably trying to cash in on the obscure comedy trend... which is, in and of itself, a GOOD thing, but you're going to get some "What Goes Up"s in the mix.
-Iron helps us play-
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote CriticalFrank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 13 2009 at 10:34am
There is an obscure comedy trend? Really? I suppose the trend is too obscure for me to have noticed.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>