Forum Home Forum Home > FORUMS on 2009 RELEASES > MY LIFE IN RUINS
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

RUINS, Indeed!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: RUINS, Indeed!!
    Posted: February 06 2010 at 3:58pm
Originally posted by dEd Grimley

Yea, I don't think she can be considered "Typecast" for a role you write for yourself. That's like giving yourself a nickname. Also, considering how she always writes herself as the same character, that ought to tell you about the level of her acting and writing ability.

Touche. Kinda reminds you of the level of acting and writing ability of a certain sly guy.
The Four Horsemen of the Moviepocalypse: uncalled for sequels/remakes/reboots, 3-D surcharges, untalented "celebrities", and anything with Michael Bay's name attached to it.
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 07 2010 at 11:11am
Originally posted by BurnHollywoodBurn

Originally posted by Vits

Actually,you may be right.After all,she wrote both movies.
She didn't write "Life in Ruins", it was actually written by a screenwriter who worked on "The Simpsons". But judging by the other scripts she has written, she doesn't know much else besides writing about that typecasted Greek woman character that I mentioned above.

Nia re-wrote Mike Reiss's script,however,she remained uncredited because of the WGA rules.
You can follow me @Vits_Chile
BurnHollywoodBurn View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 07 2010 at 5:07pm

Nia re-wrote Mike Reiss's script,however,she remained uncredited because of the WGA rules.
Yeah, back to the typecasting herself thing.
The Four Horsemen of the Moviepocalypse: uncalled for sequels/remakes/reboots, 3-D surcharges, untalented "celebrities", and anything with Michael Bay's name attached to it.
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 17 2010 at 1:46pm
The bottom line is that the typecasting isn't the reason.
BurnHollywoodBurn View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 17 2010 at 1:57pm

The bottom line is that the typecasting isn't the reason.
Point is that she doesn't have much range in her career and roles and it's not going well for her.
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 22 2010 at 11:46am
This movie has been nominated for the 2010 Vits Awards!

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/user/812172/blogs/?id=682474

Can you guess in which category?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123