Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > 27th RAZZIE® AWARDS DISCUSSIONS & FORUMS > RV
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

RV Wouldn’t Make a Good VR (Video Rental)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
cowboyjn View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote cowboyjn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: RV Wouldn’t Make a Good VR (Video Rental)
    Posted: March 10 2007 at 3:27am

Originally posted by Sanndman228715

Personally I think Robin Williams is a great actor, I've liked every one of his three bad guy roles ( One hour photo, Insomnia, yes, even Death to Smoochy). I think he's very good when he's serious and usually good when he's funny.

A-MEN, I AGREE! IF YA DO A LOT OF CAMPING, THIS MOVIE IS A REALITY CHECK OF PAST EXPERIENCES...

COWBOY
bruin_522 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote bruin_522 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 09 2007 at 6:10pm
You know, RV stands for Recreational Vehicle, but there are other things that RV can also mean, like Runaway Vacation. There are others, but I'm sure there's a lot on that list...
sportsartist24 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote sportsartist24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 07 2007 at 5:04pm

I knew from the beginning that this would be a RAZZIE contender, since the last couple of films Berry Sonnenfeld did "stunk." It all started with Wild, Wild West, for which he "won" a Worst Director RAZZIE, along with Worst Picture. However, I was pretty much surprised when RV "won" as Worst Excuse for Family Entertainment. I was expecting another film to win that award, like Santa Clause 3, Deck the Halls, or Shaggy Dog...

Robin Williams , Cheryl Hines , Josh Hutcherson and Joanna Levesque in Columbia's R.V.

Maybe wearing panchos and being covered with mud (or is it poop?) is another thing...

The Mormons were'nt really popular in the beginning, they're now becoming more popular, even in Hollywood.
bruin_522 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote bruin_522 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 06 2007 at 6:20pm

Anyone remember the part where Jeff Daniel's character was playing the banjo. I remember what Robin's character says: "Whenever a big white man picks up a banjo, my cheeks tighten."

I still think it's pretty odd.

Response from Head RAZZberry: I assume Williams was jokingly referring to DELIVERANCE, in which a group of banjo-playing backwoods types "raped" Ned Beatty...

bruin_522 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote bruin_522 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 01 2007 at 8:42am
Before this film, Berry Sonnenfeld's last three films, Wild Wild West, Big Trouble, and Men in Black II, all stunk really bad. Only two of those three ended up getting RAZZIE noms. I didn't like the film Big Trouble and thought it should have gotten like maybe a couple RAZZIE noms back on 2002. Sonnenfeld did "win" the Worst Director RAZZIE for Wild Wild West, which also "won" Worst Picture and 3 other RAZZIES for 1999.
bruin_522 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote bruin_522 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 28 2007 at 3:23am
I think I know why Jeff Daniels was involved with this movie. I've found a couple of these from the IMDB.com Trivia for RV: Jeff Daniels composed "Recreational Vehicle" song for his charity album "Jeff Daniels Live and Unplugged". The Song was about his personal RV misadventures. That's one thing. Here's the other: A life-long fan of camping, Jeff Daniels has owned an RV for years. According to a Detroit radio interview, his RV driving lessons for the movie were quickly canceled when he arrived on location in his personal recreational vehicle. Think about that.
bruin_522 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote bruin_522 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 26 2007 at 6:33am
Sorry to hear that, Razzilla, of course, that does happen all the time, you know. Of course, I didn't really expect this film to win the Worst Excuse of Family Entertainment Razzie at all. I was expecting either Deck the Halls or The Santa Clause 3: The Escape Clause to win it.
Razzilla View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Razzilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 24 2007 at 8:00pm
Head RAZZ...I may have a small beef with you for the press release referring to this movie as a "road apple"... Road KILL is more like it...

BTW...I would have also loved to have seen it tie with Santa Clause 3...as I flipped a coin to see which was worse...and lost the coin in the process...
Comparing Uwe Boll's movies to a sack of horse manure will only get you sued by every fertilizer company in existence...
bruin_522 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote bruin_522 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 24 2007 at 4:13pm
Looked at the Winners of the 27th Annual RAZZIE Awards, and saw that this film won Worst Excuse for Family Entertainment, beating out Deck the Halls, Garfield: A Tail of 2 Kitties, Santa Clause 3, and The Shaggy Dog. Not sure it was any worse than any of those...
bruin_522 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote bruin_522 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 22 2007 at 2:14am
Josh Hutcherson, who played Carl Munro in this movie, has another movie, Bridge to Terabithia, in theaters right now. Kristin Chenoweth, who was nominated as Worst Supporting Actress for this film (along with Deck the Halls and The Pink Panther) was a lot better playing Galina/Glinda in the Broadway Musical "Wicked."
bruin_522 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote bruin_522 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 15 2007 at 2:46am
I thought this was a good movie...but not that good. There were some funny parts, but a lot of really dumb parts as well. I don't know if they'll make a sequel to this...guess it depends on if they get financing to do it.
wetbandit82 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote wetbandit82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 12 2007 at 5:56am

Given the end gross it somehow managed, twenty bucks says they'll rush out a sequel within the next 3 years (probably 2) that will basically repeat the same storyline verbatim. 

I would like to see someone at least try to take a darker approach to this kind of storyline (perhaps if they tell their backers they intend it as an art film, they'll give them at least a little leeway), one that climaxes with Dad for once choosing career over family and murdering them (of course it's not advisable to promote that as the only way to go, for your family certainly is far more important in the real world as well and should be treasured at all times, but as I'm sure all of you have seen countless times over the years this message gets cheapened by making the family so bad that the job does look more tempting than they).  Of course, he would pay the price for it by being caught and sentenced to die for it--for murder is never really justified--, but if they take the time to make it clear that he's more of a victim of their actions than they of his, it just might work.   Of course, that's just me, though. 

sportsartist24 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote sportsartist24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 12 2006 at 6:05am
Just rented this movie. It wasn't that bad, but not that good either. I did laugh at some parts in this movie, though it ended up pretty dumb. What I can say is that Robin Williams and Berry Sonnenfeld got fairly good mileage from this film, even though it is pretty bad.
The Mormons were'nt really popular in the beginning, they're now becoming more popular, even in Hollywood.
RayMel1 View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote RayMel1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 27 2006 at 7:30am
...and its still better than Ricky Bobby.
ITbeast View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote ITbeast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 15 2006 at 9:14am

By no means am I saying that this is close to being Robin Williams best work. However, it is a far cry better than "Benchwarmers" or "Nacho Libre". At least I laughed in most of the right places at RV and was not scratching my head wondering, "What just happened there???".

R.V. Movie Stills: Robin Williams, Cheryl Hines, Joanna

On a serious note: Hopefully, Robin will get his personal demons under control, and start doing quality films again. I truly do respect him as an actor, and a human being...

The "Networking IT" Movie Buff!

Words to live by:
"Money doesn't make you happy. I now have $50 million but I was just as happy when I had $48 million." - Arnold Schwarzenegger
Loi13 View Drop Down
Berry Important Member
Berry Important Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Loi13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 21 2006 at 10:41pm
I saw it.  It was actually pretty funny up into this point where the family went through this water chute and came out "changed".  They were getting along and happy.  I couldn't figure out how.  Me and my family said that what they didn't tell you was that they were baptists. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>