Forum Home Forum Home > DISCUSSIONS & POLLS on 2010 RELEASES > SALT
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

SALT of the Dearth???

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote moviewizguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: SALT of the Dearth???
    Posted: July 22 2010 at 8:23am
BurnHollywoodBurn View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 22 2010 at 9:27am
Wait, what? I thought Ebert hated movies in which women play men-like roles?!
The Four Horsemen of the Moviepocalypse: uncalled for sequels/remakes/reboots, 3-D surcharges, untalented "celebrities", and anything with Michael Bay's name attached to it.
Gregory View Drop Down
Berry Important Member
Berry Important Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Gregory Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 22 2010 at 2:13pm
Most of the reviews praise Jolie:

Jolie herself is in her full glory here. IndieWire

Jolie is very much in her element, submitting gamely to the mayhem and hitting crucial emotional notes with effective understatement. Variety

Action suits her like a split skirt - and this may be her best-fitting role to date. Total Film

And the actress finds enough emotional depth to keep Salt from being a mere action decathlon. The National

And Jolie is up for the challenge. She scales buildings barefoot, jumps from bridges onto moving vehicles, and blows up buildings in New York and D.C. Eat your heart out, Matt Damon. Salt is Jason Bourne without amnesia. Rolling Stone

A lot of the usual-suspect character actors are on hand (...), and they give Jolie able support, but this is really her show. At least she's always fascinating to watch, whether she's kicking ass or merely figuring out how to kicks ass. The Boston Phoenix

Sony Pictures should send Tom Cruise a helicopter as a token of thanks for deciding not to do Salt. It's hard to imagine this fading icon could have done half a good job as Angelina Jolie, who should emerge as Hollywood's top female star for her stunning performance (...). New York Post

I didn't know that Cruise was offered the lead in Salt and chose to do Knight and Day instead (!?!?). He must be regretting it. So far, Salt has received better reviews than Knight and Day, and though I don't think Salt's OW will top Inception this weekend, I guess it's very likely that Jolie's movie will do much better than Knight and Day did on OW ($20 mil).
Berrynoia View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Berrynoia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 22 2010 at 3:21pm
Jolie has had better movies, and she has had worse movies.  This one, based on crix, leans a bit above so-so.  Better take your "Worst Movie of the Weak" message and stick a "?" to the end of it.

Ramona and Beezus is worse at 48%, but even that is in the realm of so-so.  It's safe to say we don't have a real turd on our hands this week.  It's a good thing, considering we already have enough candidates to stop Eclipse from "winning" Razzies, and we have yet to face the Expendables and Seltzerburg's Vampires Suck.
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 22 2010 at 4:29pm
Wow ... I MIGHT have to see "Salt" now. Well, after I see "Inception" two or three more times ...
The Four Horsemen of the Moviepocalypse: uncalled for sequels/remakes/reboots, 3-D surcharges, untalented "celebrities", and anything with Michael Bay's name attached to it.
moviewizguy View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviewizguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 22 2010 at 6:23pm
That's exactly what the studio wants you to do! Don't fall for it! Wink
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 22 2010 at 6:25pm
Oh no, "Inception" is getting all my money. 

Chris Nolan for life!
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Online
Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 19 2010 at 1:26pm
I hear they're planning a sequel to SALT!
You can follow me @Vits_Chile
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 19 2010 at 3:05pm
Should I  act surprised? 'Cause I'm not ... at all!
ziesha View Drop Down
Berry Important Member
Berry Important Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote ziesha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 19 2010 at 5:25am
Hey, I really loved this movie, especially because of Angelina ...
tdickensheets View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote tdickensheets Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 05 2010 at 1:52pm
Where's pepper? Lol!
Thomas Dickensheets
cvcjr13 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote cvcjr13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 05 2010 at 6:33pm
Originally posted by tdickensheets

Where's pepper? Lol!

That's the sequel. . . .
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 06 2010 at 9:10pm
Originally posted by cvcjr13

Originally posted by tdickensheets

Where's pepper? Lol!

That's the sequel. . . .
And the final installment of the triology: Garlic!
ziesha View Drop Down
Berry Important Member
Berry Important Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote ziesha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 09 2010 at 3:58am
I really liked Angelina Jolie in the movie.She s looking so sexy as usual.
ziesha View Drop Down
Berry Important Member
Berry Important Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote ziesha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 09 2010 at 3:58am
I really liked Angelina in the movie.She is looking so gorgeous in the movie
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Online
Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 09 2010 at 3:09pm
This has been nominated for the People's Choice Awards for "Movie Actress","Action Star" and "Action Movie".The first two I don't know,but since the latter is against KICK-ASS...
You can follow me @Vits_Chile
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>