Forum Home Forum Home > DISCUSSIONS & POLLS on 2010 RELEASES > SALT
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

SALT of the Dearth???

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote GTAHater767 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: SALT of the Dearth???
    Posted: November 09 2010 at 4:54pm
I don't mind this movie, but I don't think it should sweep any awards or penalties either. Angelina Jolie is either hit or miss.
BurnHollywoodBurn View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 09 2010 at 8:22pm
Originally posted by Vits

This has been nominated for the People's Choice Awards for "Movie Actress","Action Star" and "Action Movie".The first two I don't know,but since the latter is against KICK-ASS...
Well, neither movie was a run away hit. Jolie might win just because she's more mainstream.
The Four Horsemen of the Moviepocalypse: uncalled for sequels/remakes/reboots, 3-D surcharges, untalented "celebrities", and anything with Michael Bay's name attached to it.
ziesha View Drop Down
Berry Important Member
Berry Important Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote ziesha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 09 2010 at 8:46pm
Angelina has worked so good as a CIA officer.Her work in the movie is really appreciative and i ll suggest all to watch this movie.
ziesha View Drop Down
Berry Important Member
Berry Important Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote ziesha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 09 2010 at 8:47pm
As a CIA officer, Evelyn Salt (Jolie) swore an oath to duty, honor and country. Really what a work done by Angelina, i really appreciate her work.
BurnHollywoodBurn View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 09 2010 at 9:34pm
Originally posted by ziesha

As a CIA officer, Evelyn Salt (Jolie) swore an oath to duty, honor and country. Really what a work done by Angelina, i really appreciate her work.
By any chance, are you a studio marketing guy trying to get in some last minute, word of mouth?
The Four Horsemen of the Moviepocalypse: uncalled for sequels/remakes/reboots, 3-D surcharges, untalented "celebrities", and anything with Michael Bay's name attached to it.
tdickensheets View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote tdickensheets Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 25 2011 at 10:53am
Salt & pepper get's married.
Thomas Dickensheets
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 01 2011 at 3:22pm
I just saw it,and gave it 4/10.But even if I had liked it,I still wouldn't see how a sequel could work.
You can follow me @Vits_Chile
SuperTeenTopia View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SuperTeenTopia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 05 2011 at 4:51pm
Cracked.com got it right. The title should have been "Jason Bourne ... If He Had a Vagina". The movies is totally forgetable, and the closure-less ending just makes you row your eyes. 2/5 for me.
"People say 'It's all about the story’. When you're making tentpole films, bull$hit." -Andy Hendrickson (Disney Animation Studios' Chief Technical Officer)
moviewizguy View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviewizguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 05 2011 at 5:12pm
Originally posted by SuperTeenTopia

Cracked.com got it right. The title should have been "Jason Bourne ... If He Had a Vagina". The movies is totally forgetable, and the closure-less ending just makes you row your eyes. 2/5 for me.

It's a more than efficient and effective action film. One of the more spectacular ones in the past few years. Just my opinion. And who cares if it's a Jason Bourne movie....with a vagina? People said the same with Hanna, which was Jason Bourne....as a kid!
SuperTeenTopia View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SuperTeenTopia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 05 2011 at 5:31pm
Originally posted by moviewizguy

1. It's a more than efficient and effective action film. One of the more spectacular ones in the past few years.

2. People said the same with Hanna, which was Jason Bourne....as a kid!
1. It comes across as the most dated action movie in the past few years, too. Russians as the bad guys ... in 2010 ... really? And the pointless plot twists galore. And did I mention the ending that was without closure?

But back to the "Jason Bourne with a vagina" quote, you may write Cracked.com off as a cynical humor site, but there is often truth in jest, and they are 100% correct here. What were the Bourne movies? Black Ops agent is betrayed by his government agency because they think he has gone rouge, amazing car chases and fighting sequences ensue. What was Salt? Govenment spy is bretayed by her agency because they think she is a double agent, amazing car chases and fighting sequences ensue. Read any book about screenwriting, they will tell you point blank that most blockbusters are sold to studios on the pitch of "high concept meets other high concept", ie. "Cowboys and Aliens" (the western meets science fiction), or "successful, establish franchise ... with a twist". I bet you all of my life savings that at one point of the pitching of, or production of "Salt", someone uttered the phrase "Think Jason Bourne ... if he were a woman". It's impossible to be in denial over such a transparent issue.

2. Well, that's what it was! In fact, that movie was probably sold on the pitch of "Jason Bourne ... if he were a teenage girl!", just as "Salt" was probably sold on the pitch of "Jason Bourne ... if he had a vagina!".
"People say 'It's all about the story’. When you're making tentpole films, bull$hit." -Andy Hendrickson (Disney Animation Studios' Chief Technical Officer)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123