Forum Home Forum Home > 2007 RAZZIE® MOVIE FORUMS w/LYNX! > THE COMEBACKS
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Satire...Or Flat Tire???

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Berry Important MODERATOR
Berry Important MODERATOR

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote HeadRAZZBerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Satire...Or Flat Tire???
    Posted: October 17 2007 at 1:36am

IS IT JUST US, or IS THIS WHOLE TREND of MOVIES THAT ONLY REFERENCE OTHER MOVIES (AND USUALLY LAMELY) GETTING EVEN MORE OLD and TIRED THAN THE ROCKY PARODY SHOWN BELOW??

TO BE HONEST, WE WERE NEVER BIG FANS of THIS SUB-GENRE to BEGIN WITH: WE MAYBE CHUCKLED ONE-and-a-HALF TIMES DURING ANY of the SCARY MOVIE ENTRIES, and WERE OPENLY APPALLED by EPIC MOVIE EARLIER THIS YEAR. AND THIS ONE ACTUALLY LOOKS LIKE IT COULD BE WORSE (IF THAT's EVEN POSSIBLE!).

NOW FEEL FREE to TAKE a JAB at IT YERSELF, BELOW...

Maybe It's Time for More Than Just Sly to Retire -- Like The Whole Movies-Making-Fun-of-Other-Movies Genre, Which So Totally Belongs on The Slag Heap of History!

Ye Olde Head RAZZberry
Nasty Man View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Nasty Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 17 2007 at 2:03am

Why don't they just release crap like this direct-to-video?? If anyone's dumb enough to pay movie theatre prices to see something as crummy-looking as this, I say they're getting what they deserve.

As for myself, I've had ENOUGH of these "movies that just make fun of movies" movies! I have yet to get even one genuine, good-sized laugh out of any of them!! 

Everything SUX!
wetbandit82 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote wetbandit82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 17 2007 at 2:08am

Plus they often take too wide a field to go after with these things lately.  In their prime, the ZAZ team  were intelligent enough to narrow the focus down AND have at least some semblence of a serious story underneath the yuks. 

SchumacherH8ter View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 17 2007 at 8:33am
I doubt this will be worse than "Epic Movie". Don't get me wrong, this movie looks like sh*t, but I doubt it will be as bad as Aaron Seltzer and Jason Friedburg's unholy "epic". Actually, I have no promblem with parodies, just when they look awful. The only good parodies these days are from Edgar Wright...
I'm the Goddamn Batman.-All-Star Batman And Robin #2
https://twitter.com/Scott_DAgostino
Upcoming reviews: http://www.razzies.com/forum/topic7513.html
Berrynoia View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Berrynoia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 17 2007 at 2:42pm

This film's lack of having "two of the six directors of Scary Movie" is probably the only thing keeping this from being called "Sport Movie".

Considering the later Scary Movies, Date Movie, and Epic Movie (and eventually Fantasy Movie?), Sport Movie sounds like a more appropriate title.  It gives a better "warning" about what this is!

Originally posted by SchumacherH8ter

I doubt this will be worse than "Epic Movie". Don't get me wrong, this movie looks like sh*t, but I doubt it will be as bad as Aaron Seltzer and Jason Friedburg's unholy "epic".

JoeBacon View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote JoeBacon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 18 2007 at 9:10am
Head Razz, this looks as limp as a wet food stamp.

moviewizguy View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviewizguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 18 2007 at 11:44am

I like ________ Movies because they are supposed to be dumb and targeted toward teenagers. That's why I liked Date Movie and Epic Movie and many others didn't because they were probably adults. These are movies where you just turn off your brain so you can kill a few minutes. Now you can disagree me all you can, but why watch it when it's not the movie for you?

Response from Head RAZZberry: I get the "turn off your brain" part -- What I don't get is anyone (even with their brain turned off!) LAUGHING at this juvenile, un-original, pointless DRIVEL. Defending something dumb by saying it's "supposed to be dumb" still doesn't negate the fact that it IS dumb! 

RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 18 2007 at 12:34pm

I turned my brain off for "Date Movie" AND "Epic Movie" and I only laughed once! Considering that I'm the target audience, I should've been laughing, but I actually felt pain while watching these movies! Admittedly, the pain I felt during "Epic Movie" was minor, but the pain that struck me throughout "Date Movie" was major. "Date Movie" is in a class of movie pain almost by itself. There are only about 25 other films that cause me that much pain. And, yes, there are two Schumacher films among them: "8mm" and "Batman & Robin"! 

Response from Head RAZZberry: So now I get your sign-off line AND your Forum moniker. To your too short list of Schumacher's many cinematic sins, I would add INCREDIBLE SHRINKING WOMAN (a horrible waste of both a brilliant idea and a talented cast), ST. ELMO'S FIRE (a pretentious, RAZZIE "winning" Brat Pack "dramedy") DYING YOUNG and the execrable FLATLINERS (as irresponsible a mainstream movie as I've ever seen). BATMAN & ROBIN, by the way, was nominated for a near-record 10 RAZZIES, including Schumacher as Worst Director (Here's a LINK to our list of 1997 nominees). And for a complete list of Schumacher's "credits," here's a LINK to his IMDb page...

cvcjr13 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote cvcjr13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 18 2007 at 5:55pm
Originally posted by moviewizguy

These are movies where you just turn off your brain so you can kill a few minutes.

If you want to turn off your brain so you can kill a few minutes, watch Bad Boys II and Point Break.  That's what PC Butterman recommended to Nicholas Angel after Angel had been working in Sanford for awhile, and you know, it was the first time Angel could shut off his brain in his whole life.

And you want to know something else?  The entire paragraph above is taken from a great film released this year where you can turn off your brain, kill a few minutes and enjoy a hilarious movie all at once.  It would be time far more well spent than watching Bad Boys II, Point Break or especially any of the Scary/Epic/Date Movies.  And kids your age would love it, even with the accents.

Go rent Hot Fuzz, MWG. 

Response from Head RAZZberry: EXCELLENT suggestion -- HOT FUZZ is one of the few so-called "comedies" of 2007 at which I actually laughed loud and often! 

RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 18 2007 at 11:26pm

I've seen all the films Schumacher has made, except for "Dying Young" and Veronica Guerin".

Response from Head RAZZberry: So are you a completist of some kind, or a Schumacher Masochist??  DYING YOUNG, by the way, was one of the most shamelessly emotionally manipulative films I've ever seen... 

Originally posted by SchumacherH8ter

I turned my brain off for "Date Movie" AND "Epic Movie" and I only laughed once! Considering that I'm the target audience, I should've been laughing, but I actually felt pain while watching these movies! Admittedly, the pain I felt during "Epic Movie" was minor, but the pain that struck me throughout "Date Movie" was major. "Date Movie" is in a class of movie pain almost by itself. There are only about 25 other films that cause me that much pain. And, yes, there are two Schumacher films among them: "8mm" and "Batman & Robin"! 

Response from Head RAZZberry: So now I get your sign-off line AND your Forum moniker. To your too short list of Schumacher's many cinematic sins, I would add INCREDIBLE SHRINKING WOMAN (a horrible waste of both a brilliant idea and a talented cast), ST. ELMO'S FIRE (a pretentious, RAZZIE "winning" Brat Pack "dramedy") DYING YOUNG and the execrable FLATLINERS (as irresponsible a mainstream movie as I've ever seen). BATMAN & ROBIN, by the way, was nominated for a near-record 10 RAZZIES, including Schumacher as Worst Director (Here's a LINK to our list of 1997 nominees). And for a complete list of Schumacher's "credits," here's a LINK to his IMDb page...

RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 19 2007 at 7:39am

Guess I'm more of a completist: I figure if I'm gonna hate a director, I might as well make sure that most of his movies actually do suck...

RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 19 2007 at 9:27am
This just in: this piece of crap had a 0% at RottenTomatoes. Entertainment Weekly better not give this a positive review. They're the sole reason "Epic Movie" isn't in 0% score (or, as I like to call it, Sgt. Tomatoe's Zero Score Band).
moviewizguy View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviewizguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 19 2007 at 10:42am
I would rather buy Hot Fuzz (there will be a 3-disc set!) because I absolutely loved Shaun of the Dead, although I expected it to be funnier.
Criss808 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Criss808 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 19 2007 at 1:39pm

OMG! When the hell will they stop making these terrible spoof movies? The spoof genre is dead!!! They're not funny anymore!!!

cvcjr13 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote cvcjr13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 19 2007 at 2:10pm

There's hope for moviewizguy yet!   

Originally posted by moviewizguy

I would rather buy Hot Fuzz (there will be a 3-disc set!) because I absolutely loved Shaun of the Dead, although I expected it to be funnier.

RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 20 2007 at 7:12am
This just in, "The Comebacks" bombed with 5th place. Also, "Rendition", which looked good, came in 9th and bombed with the critics with only 43%.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>