Forum Home Forum Home > 2007 RAZZIE® MOVIE FORUMS w/LYNX! > THE COMEBACKS
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Satire...Or Flat Tire???

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote saturnwatcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Satire...Or Flat Tire???
    Posted: October 24 2007 at 4:52pm

IMHO, for satire to be really effective, the writers have to have the courage, and capability, of taking on something that deserves to be sliced down a notch or two. The reason that movies like The Comebacks and Epic Movie fail so miserably is that their targets are already, by and large, crap to begin with.

It's a little like trying to create a satirical parody demonstrating the monumental idiocy of George W. Bush. No matter how hard you try to slice the guy down, he is going to do something even stupider than your most vicious satirical slam within 48 hours.

Nine times out of ten, in art as in life, there is no truth to be discovered, only an error to be exposed.--H.L. Menken
tvdvd View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote tvdvd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 08 2007 at 6:06am
I used to love parody and satire movies, but all of them these days are beyond lame, not the least bit unique and they are filled with toilet humor that only a 12 year old boy would appreciate.  I love sports films so thought this movie would be a funny tribute to such films.  Boy was I wrong.  The writing was lame and the acting was terrible.  These people should do society a favor and never act again
SchumacherH8ter View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 13 2008 at 1:47pm
I, finally, saw "Dying Young". Wow, what a steaming pile of dog s#@t. It only avoids being Schumacher's worst film because "Batman & Robin" exists. Also, saw "Veronica Guerin", crap, but not as bad as Schumacher's other movies.
I'm the Goddamn Batman.-All-Star Batman And Robin #2
https://twitter.com/Scott_DAgostino
Upcoming reviews: http://www.razzies.com/forum/topic7513.html
Up-next: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123