Forum Home Forum Home > FORUMS on NON-NOMINATED 2008 RELEASES w/LYNX! > SAW V
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

SAW Off My Head NOW, Please!!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: SAW Off My Head NOW, Please!!!
    Posted: February 08 2010 at 8:29pm
Hey, if a movie series that pops out an endless supply of sequels without any kind of closure is your thing, then this series is for you.
The Four Horsemen of the Moviepocalypse: uncalled for sequels/remakes/reboots, 3-D surcharges, untalented "celebrities", and anything with Michael Bay's name attached to it.
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 09 2010 at 7:15am
Is not about closure.Is just SAW I was excellent'cuz it seemed like a typical horror flick,but it was independent,and ev'ryone could relate to it,bot to mention the deep parts.

SAW II and III got deeper,but from the beginning,they were afraid nobody would want sequels,so they created the storyline of JIGSAW being sick(I'm just guessing).

SAW IV wasn't that good'cuz of the "3rd sequel curse":
1)People already knew there was gon'na be a twist endin'.
2)Leigh Wannell didn't write it.
3)It turned into a money-makin'franchise,which isn't new.
Nevertheless,it was still good,'cuz it started revealin'JIGSAW's past.

Some of those things goes too for SAW V.

It needs to stop already.I still found them good,'cuz they're still deep,and you have to pay attention to details(like in LOST),but it seems they just wan'na make money,so they're gon'na keep creatin'JIGSAW's protegees,and killin'heroes.
You can follow me @Vits_Chile
BurnHollywoodBurn View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 09 2010 at 12:43pm
Originally posted by Vits

Is not about closure.Is just SAW I was excellent'cuz it seemed like a typical horror flick,but it was independent,and ev'ryone could relate to it,bot to mention the deep parts.
Ah, but the same can be said about "Paranormal Activity", but it was so good, I do not wish for Hollywood to ruin it by making countless sequels of it every year. Let it to Hollywood to take something good and ruin it for a profit. But I agree with a statement above, we should wait for Halloween, when "Saw 7" gets its own forum, rather than rant on about a movie from two years ago.
The Four Horsemen of the Moviepocalypse: uncalled for sequels/remakes/reboots, 3-D surcharges, untalented "celebrities", and anything with Michael Bay's name attached to it.
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 12 2010 at 2:12pm

I just read they're gon'na make SAW VII the last one.

RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 13 2010 at 5:15am

I just read they're gon'na make SAW VII the last one.
Well, that's a comforting thought. However, if it does well at the B.O. (no doubt because it's 3-D and will have surcharges), don't be surprised if Lionsgate suddenly go "Well, we said it was going to be the last, but look at those box office numbers! We have to make another!". Hollywood, man, it's like sequels are drugs to them and they can't the monkey off their back.
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 13 2010 at 9:45am
They're not idiots.They know if they pull a stunt like that,no one will see SAW VIII.

And I don't think they can,even if they want.There's a lot of loose ends(especially what hapenned to DR. GORDON(Cary Elwes)),and the last one is supossed to solve them all.If they decide to mak another one,what could happen?A whole new story?

SAW VI was a flop compared to the others,but not in general.It did good.

The thing is they never really cared'bout critics,but this one had bad response from fans too.
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 13 2010 at 1:18pm
Originally posted by BurnHollywoodBurn

Ah, but the same can be said about "Paranormal Activity", but it was so good, I do not wish for Hollywood to ruin it by making countless sequels of it every year. Let it to Hollywood to take something good and ruin it for a profit. But I agree with a statement above, we should wait for Halloween, when "Saw 7" gets its own forum, rather than rant on about a movie from two years ago.

I just read PARANORMAL ACTIVITY 2 is on the way.
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 13 2010 at 3:23pm

I just read PARANORMAL ACTIVITY 2 is on the way.
Yep, just hope it doesn't turn out to be another "Blair Witch 2" thing.
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 13 2010 at 1:42pm
I just rated it on Rotten Tomatoes.

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/user/812172/ratings
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 24 2010 at 4:35pm
I just watched again,and I noticed another error.At the beginnin',JIGSAW's lawyer gives JILL a box.Although I accidentally saw in the site of SAW VI that JILL is listed as an antagonist,that was so obvious.
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 24 2010 at 5:04pm

I just watched again,and I noticed another error.At the beginnin',JIGSAW's lawyer gives JILL a box.Although I accidentally saw in the site of SAW VI that JILL is listed as an antagonist,that was so obvious.
Can we please not talk about past "Saw" movies until the 7th one comes out. We can bash and/or defend them then.
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 09 2010 at 12:59pm
[Post deleted]
SchumacherH8ter View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 20 2011 at 8:33pm
Time to review the worst Saw movie and that says a lot!

The good:

The main trap: The main trap of Saw V has characters that are actually interesting. They try to think of alternative ways to solve the trap that don't end up working, but it's nice to see them try something different. Unfortunately, they get little screen-time compared to the A-story.

The bad:

The A-story: The A-story of this is BORING! It follows Agent Strahm trying to expose Hoffman as the Jigsaw apprentice. I think that the reason this is the A-story was because they got criticism for how bland the A-stories was in the last two compared to the B-stories. The A-story is flawed for one reason that'll be exposed in the ugly and...

Strahm himself: I've give Strahm this: his opening scene where he breaks out of Jigsaw's trap was pretty cool. After that, he gets more and more boring, before he mercifully gets himself killed by one of Hoffman's traps. Scott Patterson's stiff performance doesn't help.

Meagan Good: She's bland as Luba, one of the members of the main trap.

The ugly:

Director David Hackl: One good thing about Hackl: his name isn't false-advertising!

The script: I already pointed out how lop-sided the A and B stories are in terms of quality, but that's not the only problem with this. The ending, in particular, was poorly written.

Costas Mandylor: Why is he the main villain? He can't act! Jigsaw's corpse could make a better villain!

Is it me, or are fifth sequels in horror series usually the worst? This, Friday The 13th, Child's Play, etc. Grade: D-

Next-up: Saw VI!
I'm the Goddamn Batman.-All-Star Batman And Robin #2
https://twitter.com/Scott_DAgostino
Upcoming reviews: http://www.razzies.com/forum/topic7513.html
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 21 2011 at 8:33am
Originally posted by SchumacherH8ter

The A-story of this is BORING! It follows Agent Strahm trying to expose Hoffman as the Jigsaw apprentice. I think that the reason this is the A-story was because they got criticism for how bland the A-stories was in the last two compared to the B-stories.
I think that,because it received a fanbase,they thought they could make a filler episode with no problem.I admit that the admiration for the previous installents is what got me through that boring storyline.
Originally posted by SchumacherH8ter

Is it me, or are fifth sequels in horror series usually the worst?
Fifth sequels in general are the worst...unless they were made in 2011.
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 02 2013 at 9:59am
My review of the franchise (skip to 07:31):

Any thoughts?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123