Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > 2005/26th RAZZIE® Awards Discussions & Forums > DIRTY LOVE
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

See Box Office 4 DIRTY LOVE

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Berry Important MODERATOR

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote HeadRAZZBerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: See Box Office 4 DIRTY LOVE
    Posted: September 26 2005 at 2:23pm

Actually, as of 9pm/PST on the Tuesday night after it opened, there were STILL NO GROSSES being reported for DIRTY LOVE at either B.O. MoJo OR DAILY VARIETY. It was unclear if this was due to a technical glitch, a failure on the part of First Look Pictures to report box office figures...or an admission that DIRTY LOVE grossed LITERALLY  NOTHING  its first 3 days in release. Tonight I e-mailed First Look requesting an explanation...

I myself DID see DIRTY LOVE on a Friday matinee at a multiplex in Lakewood, California, using a four-years-old "Re-Admission Pass" (meaning I paid NOTHING to get in!) At the 1:25pm showing I attended, I was literally THE ONLY  PERSON in the entire theatre...

Ye Olde Head RAZZberry
HeadRAZZBerry View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote HeadRAZZBerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 03 2005 at 8:54am

No wonder First Look didn't want to give out numbers on this one -- In its first 10 daze, DIRTY LOVE's TOTAL GROSS is a mere $58,116, putting it in range to compete with AN ALAN SMITHEE FILM: BURN, HOLLYWOOD, BURN with the potential to become The Lowest-Grossing Worst Picture nominee in RAZZIE® History.

But if Opening Weekend was bad, Second Weekend was PITIFUL, with 42 of its 44 theatres dropping the film, and a staggering drop off of 96.5%. Its total three-day "nationwide" gross for 9/30 thru 10/2 was...$822.

For details, here's the LINK to the page for DIRTY LOVE @ B.O. MoJo

Ye Olde Head RAZZberry
Andie View Drop Down
Berry Special GUESTS
Berry Special GUESTS
Post Options Post Options   Quote Andie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 15 2006 at 1:25am
 Dirty Love was funny...but lame!
 Post Reply Post Reply